• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I finally my first shiny.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    One thing that i dislike is when you get a shiny Pokemon you Evolve it and it looks very cool and really cool colors then you evolve again and they are just like a slightly lightened variation of themselves which is kinda like meh compared to it's previous evolution

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Cause that's what happened with Evolving to Chansey its looking cool Yellowish and Green but then Blissey is just slightly lighter version of their color very meh

    submitted by /u/Purple_Monkey34
    [link] [comments]

    NIANTIC, want to make some serious money? Allow anyone from anywhere to play safari zone, go fest etc

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    So I played the Liverpool event yesterday although I live there and thought since people from all around the world are playing this event, why can't they do the same thing again in the future? It would mean more money and no FOMO for anyone. .

    I guess there may be a bigger impact on servers but you could disable GBL for the weekend.

    I'm sure the people who actually want to attend the event in person would still go but it would result in massive cost savings for us and for you. You wouldn't have to worry about setting up of the event, getting additional WiFi/mobile networks setup and any overheads for that.

    Obviously there would need to be a drawback to not physically attending which could be you don't get access to the shiny from that event although missing out on all the temp pokestops would be a big hit as well.

    submitted by /u/brankoz11
    [link] [comments]

    Are you utilizing the set nickname feature in your friends list?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Using this method for a while now.

    Renaming my friends nickname days before hitting Ultra friends or Best friend. So i can be reminded not to open or send them gift. If im trying to control the daily gift exchange for exp. This will benifit you if the other party accidentally or forgot and opened or sent u gift.

    If you're friends with your local community you can coordinate with them when and what time to trigger so u can double the exp by using a lucky egg. Sadly, for international friends whom u added online, you can never tell who can control. i have a handful of those, not willing to send me gift bfr hitting UF/BF. Anyways, renaming your friend(s) comes handy in this situation.

    Sidebar: so excited for Abra community day i will be opening 2.5m + worth of exp from my friends. Soon ill be hitting level 40.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/HHvzEF4

    submitted by /u/donpolitely
    [link] [comments]

    Increased Sentret Spawn?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Seriously! Of all the Pokemon they could've picked, they chose one of the most common Pokemon that has virtually no use in the battle leagues?

    submitted by /u/Wolfencreek
    [link] [comments]

    Had a ”nice“ incense day!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    (http://www.imgur.com/8nIMDqG) I caught them with exactly these cps within an hour. They had me laughing ngl.

    submitted by /u/Matteo878
    [link] [comments]

    AT LAST! After numerous Clamperl events I have *finally* evolved the ugly fish. The hole in my dex was driving me crazy!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Frustrated I had to use 7 rare candy on him but glad at least it paid off this time! My incense spawned 3 clamperl in water hour and I pinapped them all. It's been so frustrating trying to get this Huntail, I have EIGHT Gorebyss and every time I evolve one my heart broke a little more lol. I can sleep easy tonight haha.

    submitted by /u/shezzicle
    [link] [comments]

    Finally

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    What about shiny charms?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Recently, main line games have added shiny charms as a bonus for completing the full pokedex, but with pogo's slow release of new pokemon, why not have a shiny charm effect tied to each generation medal, with the medal tuning platinum after reaching 100% and upping the shiny rate for pokemon from that gen?

    submitted by /u/hitek1208
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny hundo Riolu

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I was so excited to hatch this guy, firstly from a 2km egg, secondly to find out he was shiny, and then thirdly to see his stats all maxed out!! So grateful for gifts during this time photo

    submitted by /u/IdontAbandonYoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Professor Willow's new research tasks are out

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Surely you noticed the new field research tasks! The Kanto government has ordered Professor Willow to start researching COVID-19. Fortunately for him, he has an army of a few million Pokémon trainers to help him. https://imgur.com/gallery/r6sLlCQ

    submitted by /u/signofzeta
    [link] [comments]

    Is Go Battle League permanent?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    I would 100% be content with doing these 35 (REMOTE) Great/Ultra league battles per day and catch some pokemon on the way to- and from work. My case scenario is that I will never ever be able to find people around my small city to battle frequently or do big, difficult raids with.

    Around where I live, the game is pretty much dead. And the reason I quit a long time ago was that I felt the game was a waste of time if you only gyms to use your pokemon on unless you knew dedicated people who do raids frequently. Even though I could never raid, one easily beats any legendary gym-defender since you have 6 pokemon during battle after all.

    GO Battle League is EXACTLY what I wanted from this game and now that it's remote accessible, I find it to be close to perfect. Please let me know if this is just a temporary Covid thing so I can quit investing time in it because it's the ONLY reason I play this game. :)

    submitted by /u/Legenderry101
    [link] [comments]

    Percentage of shinies : good or bad ?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Hello guys !

    With the incense day I caught a nice Sentret shiny and I asked myself : am I lucky with shinies or what ?

    As a level 40 player I caught 16,114 pokemons since 29/08/2019.

    Among those 52 are shinies (+2 from trade but I don't count them)

    The stat is 52/16,114 = 0.322%

    As a comparison I asked a friend (Level 35), who is at 21 / 5,552 = 0.378%

    What about you ? How do you get your shiny boys ?

    Have a nice day, stay safe !

    submitted by /u/FrankenRCT
    [link] [comments]

    I finally evolved my haunter its shiny but you can barely tell

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    First spawn in the first minute of Incense Day. And the second spawn.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Time to make a pretty pink Furret!

    They said they're boosted, maybe community day odds?

    submitted by /u/LotsaDodo
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon GO Plus

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    What's going on with the pokemon go plus on android? I can't connect... well I can't even see it available on the pokemon app???

    submitted by /u/downyap
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Mewtwo so weak in PvP?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    When I first encounteted a 4000 CP Mewtwo I thought I was done for. But it actually lost against my 3200 CP Dragonite. Why is it so weak despite it's ridiculously high stats?

    I've encountered Mewtwos with Psystrike, which hits like a truck and charges crazily fast. But if you shield it, you're fine since Mewtwo goes down so fast.

    submitted by /u/jackilion
    [link] [comments]

    Incense day

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Me: Incense day is finally here. Really looking forward to getting so many useful pokemon. So many evolutions to work on, this should really help! Right, time to start. Water types first, let's go! releases incense

    Incense: Sentret. Sentret. Tentacool. Sentret

    submitted by /u/Maieth
    [link] [comments]

    A riolu question

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Is riolu still in the egg pool, and if it is, in what eggs? I need more of them to power up my lucario so i want to know what eggs to focus on

    submitted by /u/pitagorinpoucak
    [link] [comments]

    If you get a second move on a lower evolution of a Pokemon, do you lose it when you evolve it?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    I want to evolve my togepi, but it's more expensive to get a second move after it's been evolved. However seeing as I've never had a second move on a Pokemon before I dont know if the Pokemon keeps the second move when it's evolved or if it goes back to having a single move, and I can't find anything about it online. Could someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/15Spemb
    [link] [comments]

    Ability to skip or stack GBL encounters

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    I cannot leave my home or have access to any pokestops. I like playing GBL and the stardust I get from it. However, I hate when Landorus pops up as a reward. It keeps consuming the little pokeballs I get from a couple of gifts everyday. I have run out of golden raspberries and there is no way to get them. Nowadays, I'm glad when I encounter a Tepig or a snivy as they save me some pokeballs.

    submitted by /u/Knightofthemoon
    [link] [comments]

    i can’t take my machamps into battle?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    i have four machamps, all with 3 stars IV. anytime i try to take one into battle in the go battle league, they don't even come up. they don't show up in my pokémon at all whether i scroll through or specifically search for them. this is especially annoying when i get my ass beat in battles by other machamps but i can't bring in mine. anyone know why this is?

    submitted by /u/babeyhunnybee
    [link] [comments]

    Unexpectedly showed up an expected friend! Waited all day long! Made my day! Incense day was lit!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Incense Day: Type Shuffle : Spawn Spotlight

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment