• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Data Collection on Shiny Rates and Levels

    Pokémon GO - Data Collection on Shiny Rates and Levels


    Data Collection on Shiny Rates and Levels

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Good morning, evening and afternoon trainers.

    I've been looking for ways to apply my knowledge in Statistics and I think I've figured out precisely how to do it. I've recently come across some complaints and speculation that Niantic treats lower level players better than higher level players and that lower level players are more likely to find a shiny legendary. I have decided to take it upon myself to debunk or prove this myth with the power of statistics! So I will be gathering data from the Giratina Origin Form raids because I know a lot of you guys are going to be looking for that Shiny Snek.

    This post will have a link to a Google Form attached to it which I will use to collect data. I will use this form and the data collected from it to test the following hypothesis

    • Legendary Shiny Rates are affected by level (The main thing I'm testing)
    • Legendary Shiny Rates are affected by team
    • Legendary Shiny Rates are affected by whether or not you already have a shiny legendary
    • Legendary Shiny Rates are affected by the type of pass you use

    I encourage you to submit data through the form and I hope that you all submit honest data so that I can get the most accurate sample I can possibly get. This form will be closed after Giratina Origin Form goes away. This form can be submitted by anyone regardless of whether or not you got the shiny pokemon and you should only submit one form for each Pokemon GO account you have. Only submit this form after you're done collecting Giratina Origin Forms from raids. Keep in mind the questions refer to how many Giratina Origin Forms you've encountered, not caught. If you want to change your data at the end of the form you will be given a link to edit your submission. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me on Discord, my username is Crusader Dolphinus#6660 and you can find me in the r/pokemongo Discord

    The link to the form is right here

    Happy hunting trainers! I will have the results released at most 3 days after Giratina Origin Form disappears from raids as I will likely need to take time to gather and analyze all the data collected. I hope to get a solid sample size of at least 100-200. Thanks for your time everybody!

    submitted by /u/RadiantDolphinMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Come on Niantic

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Change it

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Caught a shiny Dratini yesterday. Almost perfect Stats

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    My lotad is back with her family

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    Moltres raids in a nutshell

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    Mockup: How Egg options and hatch rate could be shown in-game

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Every time I feed my buddy this is all I see

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    In the dead of night, I hath been gifted this one! 100% IV lucky break.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Idea for updated Pikachu Pokédex screen. The current screen doesn’t indicate which variations you’ve caught. With this update similar to the Unown page it’ll show all the caught variations.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    My first shiny !!!!!!!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    What about some shiny Arcanine love??

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    I named her Niantic

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    https://i.redd.it/pkmh59960wr51.png

    I named her Niantic because, no matter how much we tell her to change into a better thing, she still won't.

    But also, because no matter how little of her whole potential she is right now and how much of a dissapointment she is, I'm still unable to release her.

    submitted by /u/ehladik
    [link] [comments]

    My new little pink noodle giving me attitude

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    My first shiny ever, should I evolve her?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    Anyone else play just to Pokédex fill?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    Just curious, I mean battling is fine but I'm so into just filling up that Pokédex and saying I've caught them all.

    I've got a decent number already and have heaps missing but yeh just wanna see people's thoughts really

    submitted by /u/IcarusG
    [link] [comments]

    Got this little fella at school. Nice way to start the day!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    My younger brother wrote this on his homework after not being aloud to play through Moltres raid hour.��

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Shiny *Giratina Origin Forme* Counter Guide Infographic

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Caught this 85% at school, pretty proud ngl

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Just got my first Ultra Buddy...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Walter White being photobombed by Jesse

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I think they’re getting along!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    This week i got a my first shiny, mareep. Now i get a shiny Kricketot.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment