• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints


    Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

    Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

    No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

    • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

    • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

    • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

      (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Beanie Pikachu

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:42 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/dlI4h8M

    Half of me is sick of pikachu trying to disguise itself by wearing a dumb hat during every event or holiday. But the other half of me just really loves how cute he looks in a beanie.

    submitted by /u/vritraa
    [link] [comments]

    Your buddy when walking with you should have its own encounter bubble making Pokemon pop up that would normally be out of range

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:40 PM PST

    Just like you the trainer has that pulsing ring around as you walk triggering potential encounters your buddy should as well . The buddy is supposed to be a extension of you. We've seen many times in the series where Pokemon trigger encounters with the trainer so I think this would make the game more fun and realistic . Also give us more incentive to buddy up/buy poffins ;) money Niantic 💰 do it .

    Edit I need to work for Niantic I never get upvotes the way I do with my ideas on here lol

    submitted by /u/keptfloatin707
    [link] [comments]

    In Memoriam (Markus 'Oufa', 1993 - 2019; Turku, Finland)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:58 PM PST

    This post was written for a throw-away account, in order to avoid diluting the message and content here-in; but alas, AutoModerator deemed it inappropriate - thus this account shall be the messenger. No specific trainer or agent names will be mentioned here apart from our late friend - even if some worked harder than others to make these events happen, we contributed as a community.

    (An imgur album overview is available here if you don't prefer to look at the pictures chronologically together with the text: https://imgur.com/a/hpd6pEa )

    On December 21st, the local gaming community at the city of Turku, located at the South-West coast of Finland, bid last farewells to a friend and fellow player Markus, who passed away in a tragic car accident on late November, 2019.

    Markus was known as Oufachino 'Oufa' in Pokemon Go's team Mystic or as FlyGPS420 in Ingress' faction Resistance. He was considered an outdoors-loving, highly dedicated player that would adamantly pursue his in-game efforts. For this he was widely recognized as a respectable opponent as well as a teammate. While he mostly preferred solitude, he held close bonds of friendship to a selected set of fellow players that transcended into intellectual discussions of life and far, far beyond. It was this closest circle of friends that investigated and subsequently notified the rest of the community of the accident:

    https://i.imgur.com/gaDlXwU.png

    The Turku-region Pokemon Go community collectively exhibited respect to Oufa by wielding the candle-pokemon Litwick as a buddy. Further, his lacking presence was illuminated by placing Litwicks in Mystic-owned gyms, with a special focus on those originally submitted as Points of Interest by Oufa himself.

    https://i.imgur.com/NHIF3PV.png

    Oufa, who started PoGo in the rush of 2016, later started Ingress and adopted the name FlyGPS420. This name was an ironic joke aimed at players that had constantly accused him of spoofing based on sketchy patterns of movement along the Finnish coast - while in fact he had been e.g. kayaking during summer or ice-skating on the frozen Baltic sea to reach distant hard-to-reach destinations. For this he shared extensive evidence through his travel videos.

    https://i.imgur.com/0mbRFO5.png

    A gesture of condolences covered by all teams and both factions was given to his grieving family at the funeral:

    https://i.imgur.com/69FThue.png

    A widely spread memoir shared in social media among players after the incident were so-called "sihaus"-videos. It can best be described as the sound of sudden air-flow as one opens a can or a bottle of energy drink. These videos would typically first showcase just natural beauty and a landscape, and then Oufa's hand opening a blissful energy drink, which he adopted as part of his modus operandi along his adventures; e.g. him resting in a hammock between pine trees in a rural forest, kayaking along the archipelago near Turku at sunset, or enduring the biting freeze during the coldest times of winter:

    https://i.imgur.com/zqa67E2.png

    As Oufa was known to be a very archipelago-orientated player, and kayaking as one of his signature moves, a field art was designed by a talented Ingress field-artist and was collectively hailed as an outstanding tribute to Oufa:

    https://i.imgur.com/oZhyVaU.png

    A cross-faction Ingress operation was orchestrated to start on 21st December 5 pm. Dozens of players volunteered to help assemble the sunset and Oufa kayaking into the sunset. Fittingly, the center of the starburst was a 2-portal overlap named "Kun ystävyyssuhteet solmitaan" ("As bonds of friendship are formed"), located in central Turku in "Ystävyyden puisto" ("Park of Friendship").

    https://i.imgur.com/tA7HdnM.png

    Few incidences of rogue agents (out of ignorance, not malice) interfering with the field art were reported, but all such incidents were quickly resolved. Notably, all agents disregarded the temptation of rewards offered by the Umbra event through-out the successful cf-operation:

    https://i.imgur.com/SLzpytF.png

    The field art was constructed over several hours in pitch-black Nordic darkness around the heart of Turku as shown in this video:

    https://i.imgur.com/6GM3bV5.mp4

    Lastly but not least, field agents would salute a final "sihaus", even if our scenic views were nothing but pale shadows compared with the enchanting adventures vividly showcased in Oufa's videos:

    https://i.imgur.com/yDxj7eH.png

    Oufa's family was notified of these efforts, who replied with deep appreciation of the moving gestures exhibited by his peers. In heart-warming spirit of kinship and appreciation, it ought to be further noted that the starburst is (at the time of writing this) still intact after almost 2 days:

    https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=60.455005,22.271057&z=16

    Remember that in the end we are all human and there's a real person behind the nickname - no matter how bitter the gym competition, no matter how numerous the nuking of couch portals, et cetra. Take nothing for granted, for we do not know what tomorrow brings forth. We, the gaming communities of Turku, wish you all a peaceful holiday season, and encourage you to cherish these moments with your loved ones - our community is one less in numbers. Take care of each other.

    (Some of the images/content adapted with permission from the local gaming community site of Turku at http://www.kuuvansahaajat.fi/ )

    submitted by /u/Syksyinen
    [link] [comments]

    Quality of Life updates for 2020

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:47 AM PST

    If Niantic really is going to focus on Q.O.L in 2020 ( https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1206685105231519744 ).

    Then as an absolute minimum they need to bring us the below features:

    1. Ability to send gifts and see what friends can be sent gifts from the 'Friends' profile list screen.
    2. The ability to skip the raid timer.
    3. The ability to have some kind of indicator on the overworld screen to show if you are hatching an egg or not and maybe event the progress of that egg.
    4. A way to better organise our pokemon storage whether this be through boxes, categories, labels, whatever just give us something.
    5. The ability to preview our pokemon movesets from the battle team selection screen.
    submitted by /u/danbywinby
    [link] [comments]

    [Photo] So this Bronzong ran away but changed its mind and jumped into the Pokeball while I wasn't looking

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 05:31 AM PST

    My first Bronzong, the second one I've seen (I like to think it's the same one that fled from me at the same location months ago)!

    So, I have terrible luck with catching evolved forms of Pokémon that I have rarely seen or don't have the pre-evolution form of... even when the circle is green.

    I risked feeding this one a pinap berry and tossed my ultra ball. The ball did not shake. It floated down and sat there for awhile, and I fully expected a "Gotcha!" for a change... but no. It popped out and ran away! Despair and sadness, yet another one got away. Business as usual.

    But then I check my Pokémon Storage to clear same space, and there it is just sitting there faithfully, like an old friend. https://i.imgur.com/fKRxgf7.png

    submitted by /u/Mokturtle
    [link] [comments]

    What happened here?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:06 PM PST

    A park near my house. http://imgur.com/gallery/9DoVgpP

    Never noticed it before so I think someone recommended the change and it hasn't been caught yet.

    submitted by /u/jininberry
    [link] [comments]

    Search String Cheatsheet

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 07:01 AM PST

    Here are some search strings I've come up with for trading and trashing. Let me know if you have a search string you regularly use.

    Is there a way to search for a pokemon's level?

    Low IV Pokemon to Trash or Trade

    • 0,1,2*
    • 0,1,2*&cp10-1000
    • 0,1,2*&cp10-1000&1-493
    • 0,1,2*&cp10-1000&493-638
    • 0,1,2*&!shiny&!legendary&!lucky
    • 0,1,2*&1-493
    • 0,1,2*&1-493&!shiny&!legendary&!lucky
    • 0,1,2*&493-638
    • 0,1,2*&493-638&!shiny&!legendary&!lucky

    Traded Pokemon with Low IV

    • traded&0,1,2*
    • traded&0,1,2*&!lucky&!shiny
    • traded&0,1,2*&cp10-1000
    • traded&0,1,2*&1-493
    • traded&0,1,2*&1-493&cp10-1000
    • traded&0,1,2*&493-638
    • traded&0,1,2*&493-638&cp10-1000

    Legendaries

    • legendary&shiny
    • legendary&shiny&lucky

    Traded Legendaries

    • legendary&traded
    • legendary&traded&0,1,2*

    Legendaries to Trash or Trade

    • legendary&0,1,2*
    • legendary&0,1,2*&!traded
    • legendary&0,1,2*&!traded&!shiny

    Distance

    • distance10000-
    submitted by /u/MegaSPAM-Go
    [link] [comments]

    AR+ not working with buddy update

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:40 AM PST

    Since the last update has come if i turn of AR+ i get black screen. And when i want to take a photo of my pokemon since the update i get a blackscreen too. And if i want to take a pic of my buddy then it works.

    submitted by /u/BavariaMapper
    [link] [comments]

    A shiny moltres!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:31 PM PST

    After weeks of zapdos and groudon (4 and 3 each), i wasn't getting high hopes up for the research breakthrough already, but surprise surprise, a shiny moltres appears! Guess RNGesus had blessed me for today!

    https://imgur.com/a/VDeUD8q

    submitted by /u/not_so_joyful_life
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Grass morning!

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 06:49 AM PST

    So my trip to the store this morning was a very happy one! I've been wanting a shiny version of both of these Grass Pokemon for a while and I got really lucky today! Plus, both times I almost ignored both of them before deciding to shiny-check, just in case. I've never even seen what Chikorita looks like in her shiny form, so I'm very pleased!

    Shiny Roselia

    Shiny Chikorita

    submitted by /u/Kari-kateora
    [link] [comments]

    Do 5* raid legendaries ever appear in Field Research?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:36 AM PST

    Legendaries that often appear in raids such as Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina etc. I ask because noone in my small town participates in the larger raids making it impossible to acquire such pokemon.

    submitted by /u/leepeer96
    [link] [comments]

    Chances of Hatching a Gible

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:00 AM PST

    Does anyone know if the odds are split evenly across all 12 pokemon. E.g. 1/12 chance for hatching Gible?

    Or does each Pokemon have a unique hatch chance? if so does anyone know what they are?

    submitted by /u/xJakra
    [link] [comments]

    My first Lugia!!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:45 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/B6iNQkS

    I have nobody to share this with so I thought I'd share it here :) I was thinking I wasn't gonna be able to have the chance to catch a Lugia or Ho oh this weekend but I managed to gather a group of friends and we went for it!! I caught it on the first throw :)

    Hope everyone has a great night and merry Christmas if you celebrate!!

    submitted by /u/ear11
    [link] [comments]

    AR+ not working with buddy update

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:10 PM PST

    At first it worked fine but after the latest update anytime I go to play with my buddy pokemon my game crashes as I open the camera. I can work around it by shutting ar+ off it's just a bummer. Any ideas to fix this or do i just wait it out and hope for a patch?

    submitted by /u/Timmytim77
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed Johto [thank to you all]

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 06:53 AM PST

    The trick to look for 3 white circles while taking AR photos for Smeargle were all I needed. Saved me from spending [another] hour snapping hundreds of photos for no reason.

    Thanks again!

    https://imgur.com/a/sEp3G4L

    submitted by /u/enigma9133
    [link] [comments]

    Avatar keeps being reset

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 05:57 AM PST

    Happens like the first time I turn pogo on since the buddy update. Is this happening to anyone else? It's such a pain to fix my Avatar up every day. I don't want to be a default!

    submitted by /u/HeyCalmDownSir
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got my first ditto!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:58 PM PST

    I decided to stop and pick up dinner on my way home from dinner which is also a pokestop. Someone had a lure on the stop already and after catching a couple of Pokemon I tapped on a numel. This numel was popping out of every ball I threw I almost gave up but then finally I stayed in. When it showed the oh? I was in so much shock I wish I would have caught my reaction cause I had given up on trying to find ditto. I am just so glad I caught him I don't care hes only 9%.

    submitted by /u/msdragon08
    [link] [comments]

    Have rural areas always been terrible?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:11 PM PST

    Is the lack of Pokemon in my area (I live rurally, middle of the woods and such) intentional design or is it a oversight on Niantic's part? I've heard a lot of good things about this game but I'm genuinely confused about this.

    Edit: I should clarify that I am a brand new player, downloaded the game yesterday so a lot of things are completely new to me

    submitted by /u/Wandering_Claptrap
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe Level 40 trainers could use those Lucky Eggs on their buddy somehow?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:28 PM PST

    Now that the new buddy adventure is a thing, and boosting pokemon beyond level 40 is a thing, perhaps it can make use of lucky eggs for players who have reached level 40.

    submitted by /u/Mokturtle
    [link] [comments]

    Impressions from a Newbie: One Week In.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:17 PM PST

    Recently got into this game thanks to the Pokemon craze in our house at the moment. Having suddenly a lot of free time on my hands (it is the holiday season), I decided to dive in and learn in as much as I could about it , and stumbled into this subreddit today (just learnt about the 'circle lock' throw' after coming here, works very well!!).

    So I guess here are the first impressions of someone who got into this game ~1 week ago, lives in a Suburban area nearish to Sydney, Australia (where we've had interesting air quality over the last few weeks, to say the least) has approached the game from a 'powergaming'-ish mind set, and probably spent way too much time playing it.

    —-

    Level 22, 194 pokemon caught (84 kanto, 29 johto, 45 hoenn, 20 sinnoh, 16 unova). No legendaries thus far, but I have a few around the 2,000 CP range. I used the Eevee naming trick to get a 1300 CP Vaporeon and an 1800 CP Jolteon, which are among the best Pokemon I've had so far (Vaporeon could solo the Red Trainer for a good while).

    I've been conservative-ish with essence, visited loads of stops, plundered gyms, and completed a few raids (2 stars solo, 3 stars with my partner who's also now in the 20's, 4 star we attempted once as a 2-man and died horribly).

    —-

    Some general impressions:

    1. Item availability is very much front-loaded. This is, I guess, typical of any game with a micro-transaction model, and definitely true with Go. Starting out, the player gets tons of balls, berries and potions, usually from levelling up, then over time this supply of free items diminishes. Given that catching things is the focus of the game at early levels, I think this is fine, but still worth mentioning.
    2. If you play a lot, Pokestops are mandatory for item upkeep if you don't plan on spending real money. This became evident for me around the teen levels, when my initial influx of poke balls from levelling ran out, and I had to go down to a park nearish a high school (which had about 10 pokestops in a fairly concentrated area, probably generated by high school students over the years), and do laps listening to podcasts while farming the stops there.
    3. The 'early-game type advantage dilemma'. I'm not sure if this is a phenomenon any else experienced, but I certainly did. Basically, if you wish to do battle with Team Rocket at a stop, you are at the whim of whatever decent CP pokemon you have available … and if you only have high CP pokemon of 'the wrong type' (e.g. Rhyhorns vs Water or Grass), you basically can't fight that opponent. Eventually, once I had a decent type spread of ~1000 CP pokemon, this problem went away somewhat.
    4. Grunts are fine, but Team Rocket Leaders are not worth it. Their pokemon are consistently in the 4000-5000 CP range compared to my 1000-2000, and the handful of times that I've defeated a leader, their pokemon have been too difficult to catch. The only 'Mon I've got off of a leader was Meowth, which is meh.
    5. Around level 20, healing items start to become annoyingly scarce. Given that Potions are rare to acquire from stops, I found that I had to start paying attention to what healing items I was using, and to whom I was healing. Funnily enough, I still have plenty of revives (which I'm finding pretty regularly), so I'm entertaining the idea that running around with certain 1/2 health pokemon, and waiting for them to die + be revived, might be a viable strategy for saving healing items.

    6. Gyms are a smash-and-grab job.

    For context: I have access to a car, which I guess gives me an unfair advantage, and live in an area where I can see probably 10 or so gyms spread over a few square kilometres from where I live. Perhaps this experience is different for people who live in concentrated areas where gyms are under more threat, but this has so far been my approach to gyms.

    The way 'gym guard motivation' appears to work, is that pokemon lose 50-75% of their CP over the course of ~12 hrs of being in a Gym (which I guess is intentional, given the max daily coin limit from a Pokemon occupying a gym occurs after 8 hrs 20 mins or 500 mins). Which means that, even if a squad of 40's have stuck their best Lard-Arse-Mon in a gym (Blissey, Snorlax, Slaking, Dragonite, etc), all I have to do is wait for their CP to deteriorate from 3000+ to below 1000, plunder the gym with my ~2000CP Rhydon/Alolan Executor, and then I temporarily own their gym with minimal effort. Yay!

    But … given the scarcity of healing items, the fact that pokemon CP in a gym deteriorates so quickly, and because I don't have a collection of Lard-Arse-Mon myself (I've caught a Chansey, but it doesn't even have 100 CP) … there's no incentive for me to put decent pokemon in a gym to defend it. So after my viking raids, I usually just leave some crappy 'skele-crew-mon' inside (usually a bird, there's a lot of sh*tty birds around…), and pray to the luck gods that it remains unseen long enough to get some coins before being flattened. Whereafter I just sacrifice the dead Pokemon for candy because hey, why bother wasting healing items.

    7... Raids: Where the goodies are at.

    I've gathered that the 'end-game' for Pokemon Go comes down to 'doing raids with lots of people', which I've yet to experience beyond tier 3 (not counting the tier 4 which failed miserably). Aside from the best Pokemon all being within raids: Xp capture from pokemon becomes progressively slower to level from as you fill out your Pokedex, and Gym/Rocket battles hinge on the player having enough items to heal their party up after they've finished fighting, as well as competing with raids for healing items.

    Meanwhile, raids grant several thousand xp per pop, with Tier 1/2 raids being fairly easy to solo for me at this point. I do realise that completing more than 1 raid/day requires me to spend money, but if I am to spend money on anything for this game, I'd rather it be a raid than for 20 balls that I waste in 2-3 minutes catching low-level stuff. Plus, I effectively get a free raid pass every 2 days, assuming that my skeleton-crew remain alive long enough to return 50 coins with their corpse.

    So yeah, I guess that's my first impressions after a week. Any advice for what I should be doing at around this stage? Has anybody else experienced something similar to this?

    submitted by /u/rodeoaddict
    [link] [comments]

    Absolute mad lad

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:56 PM PST

    Just when I thought my trip to Taiwan couldn't get any better! Luck 100

    submitted by /u/IHABSMALLBENIS
    [link] [comments]

    First “weekend event impressions” from returning player

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 07:47 AM PST

    Community weekend: 9.5/10

    This event gets a massive thumbs up from me. Return of community day moves for an entire weekend and lots of time ahead to prepare made it very easy to get my Smack Down TTars and Meteor Mash Metagrosses ready. There were shiny Pokémon coming out of the walls and dropping from the sky, it was insanely fun to walk around a populated area and see so many trainers do the same as well. A 1/25 shiny rate seemed very fitting for a good shiny encounter rate and the pool of Pokémon during the December community event (11 I recall), was large, and with that, having them rotate from Saturday-Sunday with different Pokémon that spawned more often while keeping the other day's Pokémon at a low spawn rate so you still encountered them was also so nice. This event was so much fun and it honestly made me excited for next December. I don't think I'll have that much fun playing PoGo again until next December because the event was just that awesome.

    Raid weekend: 3/10

    I live in a very rural area and drive a half hour to play Pokémon Go on the weekends, where I drive is a giant mall complex with 9 different gyms spread out across the mall, all walkable distance in 5 minutes to each other. There were a total of 4 legendary bird spawns between all of Saturday and Sunday, it was almost like they were trying not to spawn them there. Outside of unlucky RNG, not having a raid hour for a raid event seems pointless to me. I have a lot of social anxiety and even managed to get into some raids in a town close to mine to take down a Ho-Oh. When we found and did the one Lugia I was able to do this last weekend, one guy forgot to go into the raid and so we failed (just barely) with 6 of us. Bye bye to the only Lugia I was able to try. It's hard to complain because they don't have to bring these Pokémon back at all. However I basically spent 15-16 hours playing this weekend for 4 different raids. I won't be trying to do these events again unless there is a dedicated raid hour. I was honestly disappointed this weekend even though the few raids I got to do were very fun and it admittedly did get me to step outside of my bubble by using Discord to find a couple raids.

    submitted by /u/thetruthseer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment