• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 10, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Removing Go from my phone

    Pokémon GO - Removing Go from my phone


    Removing Go from my phone

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm sure many of you are aware of Niantic's recent adjustments to the game. I'm sure many of you are also aware of the "response" they created to basically say, "We don't care what you think."

    These guys have been pinching pennies with designers and developers for years, allowing the game to become stale and mundane. They don't do any cross platform user testing, so many are left with devices on which the app does not function. Bugs go unfixed indefinitely. The reason it's stayed this way? Because they're still making enough money to pay the CEOs. No incentive to improve when Niantic's wallet is stuffed so full.

    I don't expect many of you to follow my lead, but I removed the app from my phone yesterday and I feel so much better. I'm tired of being torn between loving Pokémon, and hating the company that runs this particular game. What sucks is that it fundamentally disrespects the spirit of the Pokémon franchise. It's about money, getting your money. Nothing more.

    Let Niantic know you're done. Don't give them money. Don't play this game anymore.

    submitted by /u/hortidawg
    [link] [comments]

    I changed my buddy to honor my lost pet and found a heartwarming visual glitch

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    This morning I said a very difficult goodbye to my cat Pierre of 21 years. I remembered that I caught a Pokemon with his paw one time, so I decided to make it my buddy to honor him.

    I haven't played in a while, so maybe this is widely known - when I switched from a best buddy, the new buddy kept the best buddy visual indicator. It was a total surprise and one that I was both elated and so sad to see.

    I'm gonna miss him a lot, but best buddies are forever. ❤️

    submitted by /u/49falkon
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else a bit disappointed with the event right now?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    Pokéstop radius aside, does anyone feel like they wish this event was over? Like really uninteresting spawns, very few shiny possibilities in the wild, no good Pokémon for raiding or pvp in the wild except for Gastly (who had a com day) and clefairy ig, Heracross the new shiny locked behind raids (like we couldn't get it spawning for one week or one of the spotlight hours cmon) as well as the egg pool being awful. Idk this event really long and really motivating me to not play much for the next week or so, I mean part 3 isn't looking amazing IMO but that's a rant for another day. Idk is it just me or u guys feeling it as well? Never wanted an event to end sooner.

    submitted by /u/NVETRANO14
    [link] [comments]

    Chimecho as a breakthrough encounter is some kind of sick joke

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Niantic making Chimecho the August research encounter is so frustrating. As if the fact that they stopped giving us legendaries for research events so long ago is bad enough, at least they were somewhat rare/decent Pokemon before. No one needs more than one Chimecho. Rufflet is rare and we need multiple for Braviary. It's not the best but I'll accept that. Same goes for Frillish or Clamperl and the other recent ones, we are gonna need the help catching them, but damn I really don't need more than one Chimecho.

    submitted by /u/_zangoose
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it! It's been so long.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    After a long time I finally evolved my magikarp!

    I had him as my partner for a long time and I barely found any in the wild so I had to walk for the bonbons.

    I walked 261.40 km in total with him.

    Now I'm proud to say that I can finally choose another partner to walk for the bonbons!

    submitted by /u/Undertalegirl14
    [link] [comments]

    Just liberated two moms that had been defending a gym for 129 days.. Bet the owners are happy to have them back!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    I put a low level duskull in their place. Feels crazy to think I'm the only one to venture in that suburb in half a year. These jolteon and dugtrio were dusty

    submitted by /u/AsymptoteManuki
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic should add a “call Pokémon back” button

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    2 of my strongest Pokémon have been in Gyms for the past 2 weeks and I can't do raids and battles effectively without them, both of them are in a city without much activity so no one takes them down, also their motivation is going down at a snail's pace

    submitted by /u/xtreme_sword
    [link] [comments]

    Recent events are just boring and not fun.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Is it just me or is this ultra unlock event just a poor Halloween event? All I seem to have spawn is gastly, duskull and the odd few clarify. I've seen ONE heracross raid since the event started, refusing to spend money on more passes given the current circumstances. I've been playing the game every day since day one but seriously considering stopping for a while as it's getting stale.

    Breakthrough boxes are just a joke, I mean come on who wants chimeco straight after it was in go fest. I can't even remember the last time they did an extra star dust event. A few years ago the events were actually exciting and worth going out whereas now I just can't even be bothered to get my pokestop streak.

    And don't even get me started on the egg pool. That needs a serious re do, alolan need to he removed after spending like 3 years or however long it's been in 7k eggs. 10k is pretty much a guaranteed nincada or klink, not worth walking anywhere near 10k imo.

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/chrispyy199911
    [link] [comments]

    300K+ XP on one egg just by spinning stops

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    Just a PSA on how ludicrous the 10X XP for spinning new stops can be. I am on vacation in a new town and refrained from spinning all but like 2 stops all day. After the fam went to sleep, I started at one end of town, turned the Gotcha on auto-spin, and popped an egg. I drove through, doing a few side streets where it looked beneficial. I ended up getting most of them earlier in the half hour so I doubled back to get a bunch more a bit out of the way on my way back to the hotel.

    313,746 XP in half an hour, 269,054 XP in the first 20 mins.

    submitted by /u/HukeLerman
    [link] [comments]

    AR quests resulting in the removal of gyms is absolutely true.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    I don't care if people call it a conspiracy theory.

    Two places by me which see activity but not overwhelming urban levels of activity, well, I did AR quests on both of them recently.

    Within a week, both lost their gym status. One of them was a major loss as well, it was the closest gym to me an the only place Pokemon related within 10 minutes. It's a very well known local restaurant with a fun sign that has a road named after it.

    Doing that quest has directly kneecapped my ability to play the game. Do not do these quests. They are weird to begin with, but I seriously doubt this was just a coincidence.

    submitted by /u/BigBashMan
    [link] [comments]

    Hall of Fame for Gyms

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    Hello!

    We have all seen the posts about people who have had Pokémon in gyms for hundreds of days at a time. Whether that person wants the Pokémon back or wants them to stay in there forever I think I thought of a pretty good idea that Niantic could incorporate (more quality of life rather than necessary) that may also give reasons to be more active in gyms as well.

    Imagine that the gym stays exactly the same BUT there is a plaque or something similar when you inspect it that has a Hall of Fame. On that plaque (or even 3 - one for each team) you would have the person that has had a Pokémon in there the longest, the person that has won the most battles, the person who has fed the most berries, etc. This would give a nice way to immortalize those who have kept up a gym for years or just someone who frequents a gym regularly. It can also give a sense of pride and something to grind to.

    This would almost mirror the franchise as if you were able to have the top rank in all aspects of the board then you are essentially that gyms leader. If that ends up being the case maybe you get a cosmetic that only shows up when you are in that gym or something similar.

    Just my thoughts on how to spice up a pretty basic gym system which can also lead to people knocking out older Pokémon more often!

    submitted by /u/ZacBrownVan
    [link] [comments]

    Everything wrong with ultra unlock 2

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    The ultra unlock 2 event is so underwhelming I decided to make a post about its flaws

    • Not a single pokemon has any PvE use. Palkia is a somewhat decent dragon attacker but without its legacy move spacial rend its just that. Somewhat decent. And that 1 pokemon is locked behind a pay wall.

    • Same goes for the 1 other cool pokemon that came with this event. Heracross and its shiny form, but unfortunately also locked behind a paywall.

    • A lot of meh pokemon have low catch rates (heatmor, durant, clefable, basculin) most of my quick catching fails (lvl 40 and great balls)

    • Other spawns that would've been decent are locked behind special research (that I cant seem to find a lot of). Mainly talking about staryu here with its 750 dust base catch reward.

    • A lot of the spawns dont have a shiny form released (basculin, elgyem, shellos)

    Just letting out some frustration for this underwhelming event. Ultra unlock 1 & 3 are way more exciting and actually give us useful spawns and make playing worthwile. Rant over.

    submitted by /u/DarkotheDark1
    [link] [comments]

    I really think it's time to switch up the Go Rocket pool.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Anyone else find themselves skipping certain Go Rocket battles because of how stale the pool is getting? I find I'm skipping more and more because I'm sick of getting Starlys and Arons. Even when it comes to the leaders, I only care to battle Sierra because I'm sick of Venonat and especially Seedot.

    I know this kind if thing depends on what pokemon you're trying to gain and what all you care to evolve, but I personally find myself only accepting a couple themes out of the whole lot.

    submitted by /u/Gravyboat44
    [link] [comments]

    Missed Ho-Oh engagement

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    So, I recently beat Giovanni for the 7-colored shadow missions, and then when I went to rescue Ho-Oh I had to lock my phone real quick. I opened it back up and re-opened the app and the engagement was over without giving me an opportunity to catch Ho-Oh. Is there any way to fix this? It would've been my first legendary 🥺

    submitted by /u/rusi150
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for two friends

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    I am searching for two of my friends, I am about to reach best friends with both of them in 7 days, I want to plan a time which will be available for all 3 of us so we can open the gifts on a lucky egg and everyone gets 200k xp

    I am about to reach level 38 and getting that 400k xp is the main stuff, I would be really glad to find them, I am not farming karma, I just want to get in contact with both of my friends

    Their in game names are: • BrockMeAmadeus1 •Thanoscopterrrr

    Please help me find them, or if you both are reading this, please dm me, please please please

    Thanks a lot

    0QuietKid

    submitted by /u/0QuietKid
    [link] [comments]

    Which elements of the game do you not engage with?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    I am interested to hear which parts of the game other people ignore or if it's common for players to play all aspects of the game.

    I don't hunt shinies; I don't mega evolve; I have minimal interaction with a buddy (only to complete tasks); I don't trade; I am not that concerned by xl candies. I am currently free to play, but have previously spent a total of less than £50.

    My main interest is in dex filling and PVP. Consequently, I participate in raids. I like hundos and whilst I don't farm XP or stardust, I do take advantage of increased bonuses. Despite this limited level of engagement, I play every day and I take part in most events, mostly driven by FOMO, especially regarding dex fillers.

    What about you folks?

    submitted by /u/dollydippit
    [link] [comments]

    Palkia fled after the raid despite me having several balls left???

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    What the hell?! It was hard enough getting enough people to show up to fight this stupid thing, I thought raid pokemon were supposed to flee after you ran out of pokeballs???? As if the catch rate wasn't enough of a pain in the ass, now they can run away too?

    submitted by /u/MorteLumina
    [link] [comments]

    Raids need to change.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    The concepts of raids are good, but they could still use a tune up.

    1. We should see how many people are in a raid on the nearby raid screen.

    2. Have a ready up button that everyone can push if they feel there's enough people, and the raid can start. Get rid of the 2 minute timer.

    3. Let the first person in the raid have the option to start a 30 second countdown timer that overrides the ready up button. This way if someone isn't paying attention the raid can be force started.

    4. Add in preplanned comments. "Everyone ready?" "I think we have enough people" ect.

    I live in a pretty big city, but I still have trouble getting people to raid unless it's something new, but if people can see people are raiding I think they'd be more willing to join.

    submitted by /u/TrainerSeebus
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with this subreddit not hosting pictures?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    I never wanted to have an Imgur account, so why on God's burning earth do I have to one for this subreddit when ever other subreddit can host pictures?

    submitted by /u/rocketpianoman
    [link] [comments]

    Pink notification dot on ‘Today’ research

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    Does anyone else regularly get a notification on your binoculars and when you click on it there's a pink dot by the 'today' research page but when you swipe there's nothing there? It pops up multiple times a day for me and there's never anything there. Is this a bug or is it something I'm meant to be auctioning but haven't? Iv completed the ultra unlock so there's no current tasks on that page

    submitted by /u/estrellafish
    [link] [comments]

    Do you lose existing candy if you trade a Pokémon you don’t have a duplicate of?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 05:24 AM PDT

    On and off player so apologies if it's been asked before. I have a Haunter with 68 candies that I want to trade. Will I lose those candies if I trade it? Will they go to my friend?

    submitted by /u/Timballs69
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Feebas

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    So I've been holding a shiny Feebas but dreading the walking cause well...I'm lazy.😂 But I set Feebas as my buddy cause I want to empty out my research thingys. When I go to Feebas in my pokemon it shows I've only walked 3.8km...but when I look at it through the buddy thing it says I've walked 5.56km with Feebas. Can anyone explain what I may be doing wrong here?

    submitted by /u/Mouse723
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment