• Breaking News

    Monday, August 9, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - August 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - August 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - August 2021

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    People in my town think I sell drugs because I play Pokémon go

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    I just finished high school going to college in September. I play a lot of Pokémon go and because of this I've had people tell my parents that I sell drugs because I park at "certain spots". Meanwhile I'm doing raids or spinning stops. My favourite part is that around 7 O'clock on Wednesdays is my drop offs for drugs. I just want shiny legendaries not to be on a watch list. On top of this I can't see my little cousin who was like a little sister to me

    submitted by /u/Zzz_sleepy6
    [link] [comments]

    You people who live next to pokestops seriously have no idea how lucky you are

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Not only do you get to spin for items constantly, use a lure whenever you want. You also have plenty more pokemon spawns from the luxury of your house. It's like you're playing the game with added benefits compared to the rest of us. 3 pokemon spawn per hour if I'm lucky. Normally 1-2.

    It's boring.

    I envy people who live next to stops or even Gyms so much

    Edit: for example; I still have 15 lures because I can't use any.

    submitted by /u/Munchingtonalistic
    [link] [comments]

    I give you the highest non-mega CP in the game

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    I realize he's useless, I just like big numbers…

    https://i.imgur.com/6z6U8d5.jpg

    Next is my 100% Gyrados because he's the highest mega.

    I will say, I really recommend making your own goals that will make you happy. It was fun walking him and getting excited finding slakoths.

    submitted by /u/Haakkon
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra Unlock Part 2 does not have a single truly interesting event spawn

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I don't understand how we're supposed to fill an entire week and a half with the spawns for Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space.

    You can catch the opposite forms of Basculin and Shellos compared to where you live, if you're lucky you might get a shiny Heatmor or Durant (assuming you don't already have them), and if you started playing after last summer, it's your first chance to get Elgyem in the wild. That's it. None of these are particularly good for anything, and everything else has had many chances for most people to get.

    Compare this to Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time. Cranidos and Shieldon not only had their shinies released for the first time ever, but they are actually genuinely useful in other parts of the game as well. Plus there were pretty regular Beldum spawns which is great for grinding candy/good IVs for the best Steel attacker currently available. All of these could have spawned a little more imo, but they were there and they weren't exactly rare.

    Honestly, I just don't know what Niantic was thinking with this event. At least, other than hoping people would be too busy gambling on shiny Heracross/Kangaskhan/Palkia to notice. But that's far from enough to make a substantial event.

    submitted by /u/chatchan
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all still have 9 days...

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    Been seeing three posts a day complaining about the "in a row" tasks.

    Battle in a legendary raid. Circle lock. Use nanab berries. Don't try to catch mons with a tiny hit box if you're 6 throws in.

    You literally need to just wait until the circle is big enough and... hit the Pokémon... like anywhere. That's a nice throw. Just... chill. I guarantee you guys will get it in time. Good luck.

    submitted by /u/beeclu
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciative post for the content creators who are now calling out Niantic for (seemingly) shady practices.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Hi everybody. I want to start this by saying that this isn't a Niantic bashing post.

    I just wanted to show some appreciation for the content creators who have started calling out Niantic for (what seems like) greedy practices. Major shoutouts to those who are continuing after discussing the Pokestop revert issue and are now discussing Heracross being removed from the wild (people like BrandonTan91, The Trainer Club, ZoëTwoDots amongst others). I really appreciate that people with a larger voice than most others are putting the pressure on Niantic.

    To be clear, I'm aware that Heracross being removed from the wild was perhaps a mistake. If it is a mistake, then... they happen and it's okay (although there are far too many...). I'm certain that there are many things going on within Niantic that the general public don't know about - perhaps these aren't greedy practices by Niantic but are more misjudged masterplans that are kept quiet to build hype later down the line.

    However, communication is important, especially for a game this size and I want to thank the content creators for trying to improve this.

    To the content creators (Youtubers, web developers and many more)... Us viewers appreciate that you are risking your reputatuion with Niantic to help us out here. Really. For those that take the game seriously, we really really appreciate your time and effort!

    I hope you all have a good evening/night/morning/afternoon!

    submitted by /u/PoofaceMckutchin
    [link] [comments]

    Does the amount of time someone's been in a gym affect your decision to fight it?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    There's been many a time where during my nightly Pokemon GO stint, I'll see a gym with only 1 or 2 easy Pokemon in it, but then I see they've only been in for like 30 minutes so I go to another one. My personal minimum time a Pokemon has to be in for me to kick them out is about 2 hours, enough for around 15 coins. Does anyone else do this or am I just too nice lol.

    submitted by /u/TheLordFlygon_
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Research Encounters

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:51 PM PDT

    Remember when they used to have legendaries as your weekly encounter? Gave you chance to get that legendary you missed out on if you couldn't do raids. Now it's Chimecho.

    submitted by /u/Krossis25V
    [link] [comments]

    How can I catch Mewtwo?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    I have all but one Pokémon in my Kanto Pokédex and that's Mewtwo.

    I fought Giovanni to get him but it gave me Moltres instead, and now you can only get Ho-Oh.

    Do I have to wait for a certain event to get him from Giovanni or does it show up in raids?

    submitted by /u/Tasty_Alarm_1285
    [link] [comments]

    "Catch a legendary pokemon" quest

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    I returned to this game after a few year break and started completing the leftover objectives. I've a quest that requires me to catch a legendary Pokemon, but no idea how. I'm kinda limited in terms of Mega Raids, due to living in a small town and having no friends who play this game. Does anyone have an idea?

    submitted by /u/yaboitrippy
    [link] [comments]

    4 STAR Shadow Swinub

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    I caught a 4 star shadow swinub last night. I have several questions. The first being am I mistaken in believing that this is extremely rare? And once it's a mamoswine it's one of the best in the game? I have an elite charged tm will this get rid of frustration? I know to teach it a second move. What is the best move set?

    submitted by /u/cort3355
    [link] [comments]

    I've just started playing again after about 2 or 3 years away from the game and I'm so confused

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    There's so many new regions now and theres the weird shadow Pokémon? Everything seems super meta now too and I'm not sure how I get the best Pokémon since I live in an area with not much stuff around, there's like 2 gyms and 4 pokestops in my village (・_・;)

    I don't know what I'm doing so I guess can someone help me out? my highest CP is a 3153 Tyranitar which is cool, but yeah I don't know what I'm doing and everything seems kinda overwhelming

    So yeah, is there anything I should be doing or is the game the same, just catching random Pokémon and hoping they're good, if not then just going with it anyway or whatever? Thanks in advance for any help (◔‿◔)

    submitted by /u/Emma_Nova
    [link] [comments]

    Is it hard for some players to go f2p

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    I'm asking that because I don't spend so much on Pokemon Go monthly (around like 1-5$ a month if I have enough because I do spend on other games, like Clash Royale for the pass) I've been playing the game since 2016 and it is really rare for me to spend money on something in pokemon go. And I've been seeing some YouTubers saying that it is a hard thing to become a f2p player.

    submitted by /u/MarcioCamilo
    [link] [comments]

    Game question

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    I missed out on a lot of stuff in pokemongo cuz I played it during launch and stopped playing it for about 5 years and kind of just started playing it again about a week ago and getting pretty familiar with it. I have been looking to see if there is somewhere online that gives me an idea how rare and common each pokemon is and common each is, I don't need anything official just like someone's experience.

    Edit: Anyone's help is appreciated.

    Edit again: another thing I know is that evolved form is always more rare from 1st evolution pokemon.

    submitted by /u/Ttrgamergirl
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with turning on adventure sync

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    I have an iphone 8 and everything is fully updated. It tells me to go to the health app and go to privacy and then click on "apps" and apparently pogo should show up. But for me it doesn't and I was wondering if anyone on here has the same problem and knows how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/shinykomonster
    [link] [comments]

    Game lagged me out of shiny encounter

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:09 PM PDT

    encountered a shiny clefairy just now, used a golden berry, threw a great throw, just for the game to freeze on the ball, and put me back on the map saying "this pokemon couldnt be found)😐im pissed

    submitted by /u/Goatmeal1400
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder for the upcoming event

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    If we want to show Niantic how we feel, we need to remember to do it with our wallets. The upcoming Eevee community day will have its ticket hit the stores in the next few days. This will be the first time in over a year that I haven't bought a ticket for community day. I'm sure I will not be the only one.

    It's more clear than before how little Niantic cares about how we feel after their response to us. They won't listen to us screaming from the hilltops, maybe they'll hear us when their bottom line gets hit.

    Just remember, if they continue to see similar profits it will tell them these changes are inconsequential and ultimately they can keep doing things like this and keep making money hand over fist.

    submitted by /u/TheAirsucker
    [link] [comments]

    Xerneas bug?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Is there a bug with Xerneas? I used one for a Palkia raid and noice that it was a shiny version of Xerneas.

    submitted by /u/rebels200
    [link] [comments]

    100% Gastly caught

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Caught my first one hundred percent Iv gastly today, evolving straight to gengar ( favourite pokemon )

    submitted by /u/willskill24
    [link] [comments]

    Bug or wtf is wrong with Niantic’s PvP servers?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    I have flagship iPhone and 400 Mb/s DL with a 11ms ping, yet every PvP match has a 3 second delay when it comes to doing anything such as switching out Pokémon or using charge attacks. About half of the time my Pokémon doesn't even use it's fast attacks but just stands there doing nothing when I click the screen. Can't even get to 'Ace league' like that.

    Is this a known issue for some? I tried resetting and reinstalling the app but nothing seems to help. It's literally unplayable like that for me.

    Edit: it's been like that since about 3 days.

    submitted by /u/HiImCipher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment