• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 11, 2021

    Pokémon GO - r/pokemongo's stance on cheating

    Pokémon GO - r/pokemongo's stance on cheating


    r/pokemongo's stance on cheating

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 11:51 PM PDT

    As always, we have been against users talking about how they cheat, and advising others to cheat, or get help from cheaters. We frequently sticky posts about this to try and avoid confusion from users, and thus avoiding having to ban them, and this is another one of those posts.

    Here are Niantics trainer guidelines for those in question

    We follow them.

    In our own rules located here under number 3 We list several examples of what we consider a violation of rule 3 (cheating and endorsements of cheating) to be

    TLDR:

    • Participation in cheating communities

    • Linking and naming cheating services and communities

    • Promoting and advocating for cheating strategies

    • Automating gameplay in any way

    Cheating strategies include, but are not limited to the following

    • Spoofing

    • Emulating

    • Faking steps

    • Multi accounting

    • Account sharing

    • Buying or selling accounts or Pokemon

    TLDRDR: Don't cheat, don't tell others how to cheat, don't tell others to get help from cheaters, don't talk about how you have, are or might cheat.


    Several tangently related topics come up on these posts so I will get them out of the way quickly.

    We do not ban for mentioning alternatives to the go plus, but we do remove them. Niantic has officially stated they violate their tos, and several screenshots like this one have surfaced in the past few weeks.

    Fast catching might be cheating, but if niantic considered it so, they could easily remove the ability to do so, so we take no action against mentions of it.

    We do not allow gym take down requests or pokemon trade requests on this sub, as the most likely result of those is a cheater participating in said requests. We however to not ban for these unless there is blatant indication you are looking for a cheater to fulfill it.

    Apps and groups to organize remote raids are not against rule 3, so long as remote raid passes exist and mentioning most of them will result in no action. We do have a few groups that existed before remote raid passes automatically black listed from being mentioned, but those are simply deleted, no bans are issued.


    Concerning participation in cheating communities

    This is a newer rule. Bans for it, and only it are automated. All other bans are done manually. We are willing to review these bans. If your comments are deleted or edited so we cant review them, then we wont review them.

    We cannot see what you are subscribed to or vote on, only what you post and comment in.

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    Poll on rule 2b

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    As many are aware, we restricted all image posts as rule 2b (post non ar screenshots as a link in the body of a post) was heavily violated. We attempted to automate the removal of these posts via magic eye bot for quite some time, but it at best caught 50 percent of violations, and then we would have to review 25 percent of its removals (that were mostly correct) because users did not understand the rule.

    Over the history of the sub we have tried different iterations of basically this rule to reduce clutter and humble brag.

    Removing direct images has largely reduced complaints about every one and their dog posting pics on community days, their 420 69 0iv 100 iv etc mons, and has reduced the work load on us mods as well.

    That being said, now that we have run this way we would like to poll the community to see what fits them better. (we are not going back to the old way, it was way to time intensive)

    Staying how it is now, allowing all pokemongo related images directly, or something we haven't thought of that doesn't increase moderation work load.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    I was chased by cows due to the Gym interaction distance being reduced.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Around this time last year I moved homes/started playing Pokémon Go. I live in a rural spot now, and the closest Gym to me (a directional sign) is about a 15 minute walk away in a huge mountainside cow pen. The pen is open for the public to pass through and has different trails leading off to different scenic routes. I hadn't visited the gym in a while as I managed to set up a stop close by to my place, but as I went today I was in for a spook. As I said I only started playing last year, I had never played pre pandemic. I used to be able to access the Gym from the front pen's gate. Due to the distance being reduced, I had to venture through the pen to do the Raid the Gym had. Long story short, the cows did not like me standing on their turf for too long. They chased me all the way to the front gate, as I turned around I was welcomed to this traumatising sight.

    https://imgur.com/a/9jmRir4

    Please remove this post if it goes against any rules or anything. I don't have any friends who play PoGo, so I figured I'd share this silly story here.

    Edit: holy cow (hah), some of these comments are gold. Thank you for making light out of a terrifying experience

    Edit 2: I just want to clear this up, the pen access is absolutely 100% open to the public. The Gym (a directional sign) guides you to different scenic locations within the coast. For those saying it was on me, please refer to this. https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/northland/places/whangarei-heads-area/things-to-do/smugglers-bay-loop-track/

    submitted by /u/ShudHaveFebrezeOnMe
    [link] [comments]

    There seriously needs to be pokemon centers in PoGo

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    They wouldn't have to be common, just a place where all your pokemon can be healed once a day or so. I have ~ 40-50 fainted pokemon including all of my main mons but I can't heal Any of them because I have no revives. I've tried everything but can't get any. Also Pokemon centers would be a good way to include some other communication features and also draw pogo closer to other Pokemon games

    submitted by /u/wigglycheeses
    [link] [comments]

    Pokestop Scans are Becoming Increasingly Creepier

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    Some of these scanning locations are hilariously bad. None of us want to be the middle-aged dude recording at playgrounds and near schools. Scan requests near government buildings and police stations are also a no-no, for me at least.

    Today's scan request might be my worst yet. PoGo is getting Oedipal.

    https://imgur.com/a/mHvtANZ

    submitted by /u/theWalrusSC2
    [link] [comments]

    People not interacting with gyms since distance nerf?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    The gyms in my area used to change hands at least once or twice a day but now my Pokémon have been in for several days and now over a week. I'm guessing that this is due to people just no longer playing since the distance got nerfed. Is anyone else experiencing a decrease in gym activity since the changes?

    submitted by /u/buschbear
    [link] [comments]

    Instead of trying to get a shiny Heracross, I decided to do as many raids without getting one.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    This just seems more realistic. Instead of being frustrated from not getting one, I decided to wish for a non-shiny after each raid. Wish me luck, I'm currently on 30 raids without getting one. Hope I can make it to 50.

    submitted by /u/Large-Signature-4064
    [link] [comments]

    After 5 years, they’ve gotta add a way to guarantee Eeveelutions

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    My friend passed in 2020 and on the 1 year anniversary I got a shiny lucky Eevee.

    Think I'm keeping her as an Eevee forever. I'd love a Vaporeon as that shade pink/purple reminds me of my friend, but the 66% risk she'd be a Jolteon or Flareon is too high.

    I understand this may not make sense to a lot of people, but the green Jolteon or barely altered Flareon just feel wrong to me for this specific Eevee.

    submitted by /u/Novawinq
    [link] [comments]

    Let the invited remote raid players invite more players as well!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:33 AM PDT

    Today, unfornately, I didn't know the player I added was an asshole. He invited me for a t5 remote raid. He apparently has a friend with him in the lobby and we are 5 in the lobby and they were both using mega pokemon which is already enough to take down Palkia. But they left less than 5 seconds before the start of the raid, leaving 3 of us in the raid. And now, our remote raid passes were wasted.

    So I suggest to let the invited players to invite more players so that there will some other players that will help the raid in case some asshole like I encountered are leaving the lobby seconds before the raid.

    submitted by /u/_alicekun
    [link] [comments]

    Encounter with the reverted distances of gyms and stops

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    So we all know what Niantic did with the distances being reverted and I really wish they hadn't here's a particular story I had yesterday about why. I used to be able to get this gym from quite a distance away across the street. Well this gym is in front of someones home, I'm assuming someone must've played around there and requested a gym be placed? Anyway, I cross the street and try to be respectful and get close enough and just hang out on the sidewalk in front of their home. A palkia raid was going on so I get a little comfy and just sit there on the sidewalk.

    I was there for a few minutes inviting some friends to get the raid done, them needing to use remote raids and all. In the middle of this I hear footsteps approach and it was an older couple coming and asking if I was okay and wondering why I was there. Thankfully they were nice and after I explained what I was doing and I'd be leaving soon they let me know it was fine and went back inside. The situation made me feel a bit uncomfortable afterwards because I never needed to be this close before the distance nerf. It was late too so I understood why they were concerned with someone hanging around outside their home, even if I was on the sidewalk. Like I said they were kind and didn't mind but I could only imagine how much worse it could have been if the people confronting me weren't so nice. Needless to say I won't be going by that gym again and any others that are situated similarly!

    submitted by /u/neonthief
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic Founder Calls Metaverse a 'Dystopian Nightmare'

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Interesting article about Niantic's view of VR and their long-term AR vision for PoGo.

    https://www.ign.com/articles/niantic-founder-calls-metaverse-dystopian-nightmare

    Niantic's long-term goal in the field is to develop games that promote a "shared state" experience that can be discovered and explored through other AR technologies such as smart glasses. To make sense of this, Hanke says, "We imagine a future of worlds that can be overlaid on the real world. For now, we're calling these 'reality channels' to give the idea a name. Think of Pokémon GO, upgraded for smart glasses where the Pokémon wander through your local park, seeming to actually inhabit the world. In this future version, Pokémon appear to you as if they are really there, scurrying around passing pedestrians, hiding behind a park bench, or roaming in herds through your favorite park."

    Hanke continues to explore the idea further, explaining how digital creations in the real world could affect infrastructure and other in-game users. "Buildings might take on the pastel hues of the Pokémon universe; a 10-story Pokémon GO Gym might rise above your local shopping center. If you encounter another player on the street, they might even appear transformed into the guise of their in-game persona." he says.

    Side note: While I don't support some of the decisions Niantic makes regarding Pokemon Go (the distance change especially), being in IT makes me really admire the company from a tech and agile development perspective. They are doing some impressive stuff. That said, I think their product managers need improvement, the recent backlash is a major issue from a voice of the customer and value perspective.

    submitted by /u/Relevant_Bear_3985
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to scan the barcode on the torn ticket souvenir.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    It was hard to find a high enough quality image of it, but I did, warped the image so the barcode would be readable, and it reads "123456".

    Not much, yes, but it's still cool that someone at Niantic sat down and actually generated a barcode to use there.

    submitted by /u/ndvarn
    [link] [comments]

    My first shiny in any pokemon ever--I've played pokemon since Gold/Silver (skipped a couple gens)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    I've played Pokémon since Gold/Silver and really just recently started playing Pokémon Go. I did a trade with a friend for a Haunter earlier and finished a quest for a random encounter and got this!

    http://imgur.com/a/KYj5E4n

    submitted by /u/MalevolentShoes
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic and Pokemon Go announced that PokeStop nominations will be suspended for a week beginning on August 11, 2021

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    So, before all of the "I'm trying to nominate a PokeStop and I can't!" posts start, I just wanted to put it out there that they are being suspended for the next week.

    submitted by /u/ghosty4
    [link] [comments]

    Support from Niantic is not reading any messages you're sending them

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    I got banned like 15 days ago - I'm asking Niantic to unban me, but they do answer over and over with same automated responses. I did not cheat, I'm playing on Iphone, also I'm software developer and I'm testing my own apps on that phone. I do not know if that's the reason of missgiven ban but that's what I'm suspecting. But they do not care. Two days ago tried to check that out. Send them same message they send to you. Can't add image, quote below. So I ask - how do I reach those guys, because support level they have is close to zero - like not existing. Cause I'm getting same answers for 14 days.

    ### Do not reply below this line ###

    Niantic Support

    August 11, 2021, 06:37 +0200

    We take fairness seriously at Niantic. Accounts that have been found to not be playing within our Terms of Service (https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en) and the Trainer Guidelines (https://niantic.support/2qNgHlX) will be suspended. Your temporary suspension will be lifted within approximately 30 days.

    If we find that you continue to violate any of the Pokémon GO Terms of Service and Pokémon GO Trainer guidelines, your Pokémon GO account will be terminated.

    For more information, please review our Help Center article on the Three Strike Discipline Policy (https://niantic.support/2qJe8Bp).

    Niantic Support

    August 11, 2021, 06:36 +0200

    ##########

    Niantic Support

    August 09, 2021, 14:28 +0200

    Our main priority with Pokémon GO is to provide a fair, fun, and safe experience for all players. With that goal in mind, we take action against players who violate the Pokémon GO Terms of Service and the Trainer Guideline. We have received your appeal. We'll follow up with you as soon as it has been reviewed.

    ME

    August 09, 2021, 14:28 +0200

    We take fairness seriously at Niantic. Accounts that have been found to not be playing within our Terms of Service (https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en) and the Trainer Guidelines (https://niantic.support/2qNgHlX) will be suspended. Your temporary suspension will be lifted within approximately 30 days.

    If we find that you continue to violate any of the Pokémon GO Terms of Service and Pokémon GO Trainer guidelines, your Pokémon GO account will be terminated.

    For more information, please review our Help Center article on the Three Strike Discipline Policy (https://niantic.support/2qJe8Bp).

    submitted by /u/Careless-Jackfruit-5
    [link] [comments]

    Just traded for the first time, is it not stupidly Overpowered?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:10 AM PDT

    Me and my sister had played since day 1 release, and although she stopped playing years ago, I picked it up again this Summer. Long story short, i've never trader before, but needed to complete research tasks so begged my sister to redownload the game so I could do just that!

    I understand that all pokemon on certain months in 2016 have 100% lucky rate and it looks like i've hit the jackpot!! Every other pokemon I've traded with her is not only lucky, but 3 Stars as well!

    I only went and traded a Kadabra for my dex, who also happens to be one of my favorite pokemon... because... spoons..

    Not from 2016 but it managed to be a hundo and lucky!! I feel like a caveman that has discovered fire for the first time

    submitted by /u/maxABC
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get annoyed by Raid Hour?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    I always try to clear my daily free raids and if I couldn't for a day, I would stack it up for Wednesday knowing there would be raid hour, and I could easily clear 2 raids. But it seems like every single week, a 1/3/mega egg would spawn in a nearby gym at 5-5.20, hindering my plans to quickly clear 2 raids. I know this isn't a big deal, just wanted to rant

    submitted by /u/-ShinyTrubbish
    [link] [comments]

    Eevee Event For South Florida Not Happening

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    A storm is approaching.... not a good time to go out and catch Eevees, neither Saturday nor Sunday.

    Stay Safe!!!

    (Link to Storm Tracking Map removed) as warning from Automoderator

    submitted by /u/Urutoraman1966
    [link] [comments]

    What is normal Pokemon Go Like?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    I've been playing about a month and a half now. I genuinely can't remember what the game was like before the Go Fest..

    Do you get more than one 5 star legendary pokemon in raids? Like a wider range/pool of available ones or is it extremely rare to find a 5 star raid?

    Also when it comes to pokemon, what ones spawn? Any one? Or is there also a very limited selection of ones that will spawn in the wild?

    And finally after ultra unlock part 3 will that be it until Halloween events?

    submitted by /u/Munchingtonalistic
    [link] [comments]

    Giovanni can go f*ck himself

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    This battle is killing me, I'm using every Pokemon that the guides online say to use to counter him and still getting melted

    It's the fucking shadow Persian he uses, it's able to fire off quick attacks like a mini-gun

    I'm using Pokemon that it's weak against but it's "not very effective" attacks are still melting my health bar whilst my "super effective" attacks barely scratch him

    I've battled him about 10 times today with all different combinations and its just not happening

    UPDATE - so all I've done is change Machamps moves which gave me Counter and Cross Chop and I just beat him easily, only losing one Pokemon in the battle

    The quick swap of Pokemon at the start to give a few free hits was game changing 👌🏻

    submitted by /u/JakeyChappers
    [link] [comments]

    I can't seem to get out of "slow connection" during PvP battles

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    Everytime I battle another trainer on Premier cup/ultra league/master league, I always get a persistent "slow connection". I often end up seeing my opponents launch 3+ charged attacks one after the other and it's become a task winning even one battle. I have tried battling through other network connections (other WiFi service and mobile internet), even at other places. I have updated my app, it fixed the issue for a day but then reverted back to what it was before. Nothing seems to help. This error didn't occur when I was still able to participate in great league. Now I only find options for premier cup and master league.

    Is there anything I can do to prevent this error?

    submitted by /u/deedumpil
    [link] [comments]

    Gift Upgrade

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    Here's a random idea: instead of giving gifts to friends on Pokémon GO (where you have no idea what you're giving to them), and just giving one gift a day, friends can give each other specific items as well. For example: my in-game friend is running low on Pokéballs, or needs a few revives, and I have plenty to spare, I can just gift some balls and/or revives to them!

    Bonus Idea: I'm sure many people would like this, or have suggested it, but I'm just re-voicing it: having personal chat in the game (this will support the other idea, and players won't have to rely on the Internet to be able to discuss trades, remote raid battles, etc. with their friends, they can just do it through the game.)

    submitted by /u/Wonder_The_Dragon
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go should have Team battles

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    Instinct, Valor, Mystic should have competitions on Com-days, PvP, and other things. For example on Com- day Instinct caught 2,345,678 shiny eevees Valor caught 1,998,756 shiny eevees, and Mystic caught 2,578,991 shiny eevees.

    submitted by /u/Spooky_r25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment