• Breaking News

    Monday, February 24, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite

    Pokémon GO - Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite


    Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Hello! My name is Kathleen, and I'm a Research Fellow at the Australian Institute of Health Innovation's Centre for Health Informatics in Sydney, Australia.

    I'm currently conducting research into people's experiences playing Pokémon GO and/or Wizards Unite, including what players liked about these 2 games, what they didn't like about the games, were the players existing fans of the franchises, and so forth. The research goal is to find out how the design and messaging of these two games have tapped into behavioural psychology, and what lessons can be learnt from Pokémon GO and Wizards Unite to improve games and software designed for health.

    If you'd like to help me with this study, I'm looking for participants over 18 years of age and have played (or are currently playing) Pokémon GO and/or Wizards Unite to complete an online survey (15-20 minutes on average). If you do not reach the end of the survey in one go, the data will be temporarily stored for 7 days for you to complete.

    I'm looking for players who have either played only Pokémon GO, only Wizards Unite, or have played both. Basically, as long as you've played one of the two games, you're welcome.

    Also, if you've quit either of the games, the survey would also like to hear what made you leave!

    The survey is available at https://mqedu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aWAfL9g3LzYPPsV . There are further details about the survey and the research project on the first page, and you can download a PDF Information Sheet as well.

    This project has been approved by the Macquarie University Human Ethics Committee (Reference number: 52019601512435. Project ID: 6015).

    Thank you very much for your consideration of this request! Should you have any questions, please contact me via my email (present in the first page of the link). Please feel free to share this post with other players who might be interested in participating in the research!

    PS. This survey has been posted in other PoGO / WU related subreddits as well. If you have seen this survey elsewhere, it's the same thing and there's no need to do it twice.

    submitted by /u/Bryn012
    [link] [comments]

    "See? they all look tiny from up here..."

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:29 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/oULy3iT.jpg

    Weedle was feeling a bit down for being small, so Togekiss took it for a fly, to show it that being small or large is a matter of perspective...

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help some teachers in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere? South Korea location

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:31 PM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I don't post on reddit too much even though I am around everyday but I was hoping for some help from someone in the community if it is possible. I am a teacher at a community English Center in Gyeseong, South Korea. We have six teachers here in total and we work hard with the surrounding areas to teach English to everyone. The town we are in is extremely small and has nothing to do so all six of us have been having a blast playing pokemon go together and bonding through community days on the weekend and big city trips. The problem is that our only small joy for the week was a 7-11 gym in town that the six of us would walk to daily. Well, as you know, that gym disappeared today.

    Our staff is depressed. Walking around talking about uninstalling the game and just frustrated in general that we went from something to look forward to every day to losing that bright spot. No one is a level 40 yet so we cannot recommend pokestops or gym locations. Thankfully, our apartments are specific to the community language center and are only for the six teachers and is directly next to a walking path that runs right by our house and the farms nearby. I was hoping that maybe someone would be willing to nominate our apartment building or nearby walking path as a potential stop or gym to cheer up my fellow teachers. I am the lead teacher and I push these guys and gals hard so I was hoping to maybe be able to offer them this cool thing. If you are possible willing to help us out, feel free to PM me and I can get you pictures and more accurate details. If this isn't ok, feel free to delete. I just want to be able to make the teachers excited about being in this little town again. Thanks for reading!

    Chanka

    submitted by /u/thebestchanka
    [link] [comments]

    Do the game’s sound effects absolutely need to be as loud as they are?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:02 AM PST

    I get that this will probably never change but I just wanted to see if anyone else shares my frustration.

    I'm the kind of person who hates to play video games without sound. Something about playing games without also hearing what's happening on screen is just so unsatisfying to me. That being said, I feel like PoGO is TRYING to make me turn off sound effects with how absurdly loud every sound effect is. I can't even open the game without double checking that my phone volume is below a quarter or alerting everyone within a five mile radius that I'm playing a Pokémon game. The other day I opened up the game during lecture to spin the Pokéstop there but forget to silence my phone and ended up interrupting the lecture with the explosive sound of me acquiring pokéballs. As you can imagine, I didn't appreciate being at the butt of an entire lecture hall laughing.

    Beyond that, listening to music while playing the game with sound effects on is utterly impractical. I have to choose between listening to my music at a volume inaudible in most outdoor environments or blowing my eardrums out every time a Pokémon spawns. Why they can't just include an ingame volume slider is beyond me.

    Oh and don't even get me started on transferring multiple pokémon at once.

    submitted by /u/Bryplodocus
    [link] [comments]

    Began the game yesterday.. and.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:31 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Ik4Wvwv

    Saw a gym with a shiny rhyperior and this appears! My heart was pounding and i was fiddling with the ball lmao.

    submitted by /u/MoonstruckCyan
    [link] [comments]

    First Shiny!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I finally got a Shiny for the first time yesterday! I've been playing Pokemon Go since 2016, and Pokemon games in general for 6 years. I wasn't having a very good week but this definitely brightened it up!

    My dad said she looked like terracotta, so that's what I named her!

    submitted by /u/Kwanimal
    [link] [comments]

    My house spawn luck is crazy

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:28 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/sgjgiru

    I've gotten a shiny, a few rare Pokémon, but this is likely one of my best house spawns

    submitted by /u/mpete25
    [link] [comments]

    Zero iv??!!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:42 PM PST

    Just found appraised this catch and has nothing?? Does this mean its 0iv? This is pretty cool definitely not mad about it.

    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/7ZA1SYT

    submitted by /u/bobbywu54
    [link] [comments]

    Giratina is too strong for a semi-casual player to compete.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:26 PM PST

    I'm fairly new to Pokemon in general, and fairly casual to this game, but I am getting very frustrated with the pvp battles because I don't have anything that can compete with Giratina. If I happen to have one that does okay against him my opponent immediately switches out and I'm left trying to survive through the rest of the fight with my only counter not dying. It's extremely frustrating and makes me want to throw things. If I knew the type counters by heart like everyone else seems to maybe I'd be better off.

    submitted by /u/KID_A26
    [link] [comments]

    Reached Venus at it's closest orbit to Earth with my pilot badge

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:59 AM PST

    I initially thought about shooting for the moon but at an average distance of 382,168km away from Earth anyone with a gold pilot badge has been there. Venus seemed like the next best goal. Venus is approximately 39 million km away from Earth when the planets catch up to each other and get into their closest orbit. According to NASA the average distance of Venus from Earth is 108 million km

    https://imgur.com/a/2KF948H

    submitted by /u/cazmantis
    [link] [comments]

    Extend Community Days

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:40 PM PST

    3* hours is hardly a day and I have missed every community day but one because of the timing of these. I know I'm busier than most as a nurse, but it's a little frustrating to miss so many especially with more than a few giving advantages in battles.

    submitted by /u/kone19red
    [link] [comments]

    Is this list of Pokemon needing evolution items accurate

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:47 AM PST

    As the title says I am curious to find out if this list is accurate. My evolution items are becoming too many and I need some bag space. I have already evolved most of the Pokemon listed on the site and can delete about 30 items.

    https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Evolution_Items

    submitted by /u/stoycho23
    [link] [comments]

    A day and 5km away from greatness

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:04 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/n8vkw9b.jpg

    Sure wish the spawn rate of this guy was a bit higher. Only ever found one. Been a fun couple of months, buddy.

    submitted by /u/Glork_DuFraunt
    [link] [comments]

    I caught 3 shinies in a row!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:38 PM PST

    I caught 3 shinies in a row while I was out shopping! https://imgur.com/OWraF1V

    submitted by /u/The_Perplexed_Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    Should I evolve 100% deino and litwick?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:45 AM PST

    I have a wild 100 litwick and hatched 100% deino already evolved 1 time and maxed out. Should I evolve now or wait for a possible community day? Don't have any other good Deino but a few others 98-93% litwick

    submitted by /u/jorgems0
    [link] [comments]

    What is your goal?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:47 AM PST

    I mean, of course, what is the one thing you really want to do in pgo? For example, my goal is to get the ace jacket for my avatar, which requires me to win 200 battles in the ultra league.

    submitted by /u/legomaniac1220
    [link] [comments]

    Philadelphia SafariZone Ticket Hold

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:32 AM PST

    When I book a haircut or buy tickets for anything else, once you select the tickets, there's usually a short period of time the site holds them for you (5-15 minutes), allowing you time to enter payment information and complete the transaction. Niantic does not do this.

    So if you're slow on entering your CC #, you're out of luck!

    submitted by /u/ericthereddd
    [link] [comments]

    Tyranitar appearing in the wild?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:54 PM PST

    Just happened to open my app at the right time! I know these are common in 4-Star raids but catching one in the wild is so much sweeter 🙌🏻

    https://imgur.com/a/rIrdqkp/

    submitted by /u/rcbz1994
    [link] [comments]

    How many perfect/hundos do you have?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:00 AM PST

    Me and my gf were checking out our full Pokemon rosters after CD. Then we decided to check how many total hundos and shundos we had.

    We found out I have way more than she does but got me thinking what about everyone else?

    How long have you been playing and how many perfect Pokemon do you have?

    submitted by /u/IrishR4ge
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who recently keeps running out of berries way more often?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:26 AM PST

    I feel like Pokéstops give way less berries,before the Buddy Update I always had a lot of berries and now,after the update I don't have any (no,it's not because my buddy,I dont feed it). So did the Pokéstops stop giving berries?

    submitted by /u/RedSkeppy
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use a charged TM for any of these?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:16 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/KbAMPRK

    I read that ideal charge move for dragonite is draco meteor and for charizard blast burn but both attacks seem to be event only so I'm not sure whether I should use a TM

    submitted by /u/FrostedRavenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Made this after a great community day

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:02 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/fYWJSwP I cross stitched this rhydon onto a handkerchief after a amazing community day. I ended with 6 high cp rhyperiors.

    submitted by /u/droplobster
    [link] [comments]

    Buying unlimited-use incubators

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:58 AM PST

    (Almost) no one likes egg-related events, buying limited-use incubators are a waste of money too, especially for F2P players.

    In a game where coins are a valuable resource, one will rather use this resource to upgrade their bag space (at least, in my own opinion). Egg incubators probably aren't on the top of the lists of many. Thus Niantic's strategy of making money may not be fully effective.

    I think Niantic should also think of the wider audience they can capture if they introduce purchasable unlimited-use incubators. Even if they can be priced high (maybe 250-300 or even 500), I feel it's a worthy investment nonetheless. Players may even be willing to pay a bit more just to be able to incubate one more egg at a time.

    In fact, this can also resolve, albeit only to a certain extent, the issue of not being able to transfer or delete eggs from the inventory.

    Regarding concerns that P2W players will thus have a way greater advantage than F2P players, I feel that this issue will exist regardless, evident in hardcore players who spend A LOT to get incubators while F2P players have to make do with one infinite incubator and the occasional few limited use ones saved from events like Christmas.

    And also with the issue when the player has 9 incubators already and thus will not purchase more, this will result in players needing to go out more often to spin Pokéstops in the hopes of getting eggs. In fact, this further encourages players to go out and explore the community around them.

    TL;DR I feel that introducing the sale of infinite incubators from the store is beneficial for F2P players and still provides sufficient revenue (in my highly limited opinion) for Niantic.

    (Correct me if I'm wrong, this entire post revolves around the assumption that a substantial amount of revenue is generated from egg incubator purchases).

    submitted by /u/Kimame_04
    [link] [comments]

    Is Porygon z good for ultra league?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:42 AM PST

    I have a 100% Purified Porygon Z(Cp 2300sth)with Lock On and Hyper beam. Is it good for Ultra league. I don't have Porygon candies to power up but have like 25 rare candies to make him under close to 2500 if he is good for pvp. Currently I am doing good with 100%togekiss as starter with 100% purified gallade and arcanine as follow up. They are doing good till now with 19 streak at rank 7 but not sure what the matchup will be at higher rank.

    submitted by /u/Midnight_SmileyFace
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment