• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 25, 2020

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Rocket grunt work in progress. I don't know if will finish this one soon. But i hope you like it. And sorry if the proportions are off for the pokemon but i just went with what felt right to me.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:53 AM PST

    Rocket grunt wip. Sorry if the proportions are off for the pokemon, i just went with what felt right to me. Still i hope you enjoy. https://imgur.com/gallery/Mrj3sqp

    submitted by /u/Eerbert
    [link] [comments]

    [Photo] [Screenshot] Shiny chansey still available.. if you have the balls

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:57 PM PST

    I guess I was better off not tapping this wild Chansey when I just KNEW I needed to go collect more balls. Well... that sucks.

    submitted by /u/mikebellman
    [link] [comments]

    The distribution of pokemon available from 7km eggs is deceivingly predatory

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:08 AM PST

    The latest 7km egg pool seemed refreshingly exciting for me, a chance to boost my cranidos candy and finally get my hands on the Unova fossil pokemon.

    However, with my friends that play this game, we have now hatched a combined 70 eggs and still zero cranidos, zero archen and zero tirtouga. (A quick visit to the silph road corroborates their rarity). I know I shouldn't be shocked about the gen 5 fossils, but I really expected cranidos to at least have the same rate as shieldon, its counterpart in every way except dollar value to niantic

    This is just another predatory ploy to get players to pay for a vague glimmer of hope for a rare or simply useful pokemon. They are pushing the limit further and further until something is done.

    submitted by /u/bobtob
    [link] [comments]

    Late night walk resulted in this lil tank/demon Aron

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:26 AM PST

    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/tz6e6Rw.jpg)

    Now I'm just torn between keeping it smol or having a strong Aggron

    submitted by /u/Jkitt3
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for getting new pokestops and gyms added near you from a Niantic reviewer and fellow player

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:32 PM PST

    I have reviewed thousands of wayspot (Pokestop) submissions and an here to offer free advice.

    If you are a level 40 player and wish there were more stops and gyms in your area, make them! From your game, go to settings and scroll down. You'll see you can nominate 7 new stops every 2 weeks.

    Now, here are the quick tips you need to succeed:

    Go to Wayfarer.Nianticlabs.com and log in with the same account you use to play Pogo. Read everything there about what makes a good Pokestop. Everything.

    Join the Wayfarer sub on Reddit so you can see what not to do and ask for advice.

    Find things that meet Niantic criteria for a stop.

    Nominate the thing - the point of interest (POI) - using your pogo app.

    Get out of your car to take the first photo for the nomination. Make sure the photo is straight, clear, is in excellent lighting and clearly represents how the POI is in real life.

    Remain outside your car and take the second photo, which is used to show the surrounding area. Make sure to keep the POI in the shot!!!! We need this second photo to give us a sense of where the POI is in regard to the street and nearby buildings. We use this to judge accuracy of location, safety, and to verify eligibility in other areas.

    Double and triple check that the location pin is ON the POI you're nominating. This cannot be changed later and is vital!

    Add an accurate, unique title. Basketball Court is bad. Red Oak Community Basketball Court is what we're looking for.

    Add an accurate description. Keep it simple and factual. Do NOT mention anything about Pokemon or any of Niantic's games!!! It will be rejected!

    Add supporting information ABOUT the POI! This is not a place to talk about why you need more pokestops or to tell your personal story.

    Was this place newly created so may not show up on a map? Is there a great website that verifies the info you've shared about this POI? That sort of thing is what this section is about.

    Know that there is no need to rush these sections or fill them out while you're out and about! ( You can just put in a period or something) The title, description, and supporting info CAN be edited later using the Wayfarer website!

    Visit Wayfarer later in the day to see your submission and double check for spelling and other errors.

    Things to know that will make your life easier

    Do NOT submit Starbucks. That's not how this works. Don't do it. Ever.

    Do not submit Walmart, McDonald's, flag poles, bus stops or mass produced signs.

    Don't submit anything at a single-family home. Nothing. No matter how cool, it will be rejected.

    You know that Little Free Library in front of Tom's house that is definitely on the public sidewalk? Don't submit that. As far as Niantic is concerned, that's private property. It will be rejected.

    Little Free Libraries can be eligible if they are in front of a town hall, library, in a big park.

    Understand that Reviewers have access to approximate addresses from where you're submitting, Google Street View (when available) and satellite view. Honesty is your best policy.

    Understand that Reviewers can report Submitters for abuse of the game and/or people. Don't submit offensive things. Don't try to cheat to get new stops.

    Understand that Reviewers sometimes reject good submissions. If you have something rejected, review the criteria on the Wayfarer site, make adjustments and try again!

    Following these tips will vastly improve your chances of getting new places to play near you!

    (Sorry to anyone confused by this changing post. I edited it for formatting reasons and lost half of the original. I tried to remember it all again but may have missed something.)

    submitted by /u/ChaliceFlame
    [link] [comments]

    Etika’s face is now a Pokémon Go stop

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Armored Mewtwo, same guide, new faces. Go to pokebattler.com to get detailed info for your pokemon.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:12 AM PST

    Forced nickname change after over three years of playing

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I hope this gets Niantic's attention. I have been playing since 7/7/2016, and I have never ever used a nickname change. It is not inappropriate or anything. Last week niantic sent me an email saying that my nickname have been a duplicate and they forced a change on it. I've been contacting them through twitter, email, and in-game support. They are trying to blame it on me saying that I may have created a duplicate name myself at the beginning. Honestly probably the worst customer service I've had in a game and I'm not much of a complainer. Please correct this.

    submitted by /u/fort89
    [link] [comments]

    Caught this guy and decide to invest in gold.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:36 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/JCrd4Te Fought this golden beauty a month ago and today decided to make him my great team lead. Looks awesome and with perfect attacks.

    submitted by /u/mccarfreed
    [link] [comments]

    Pvp is over for me for 2 weeks

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:22 PM PST

    Sadly it's just too expensive, the power ups, secondary moves etc, and without those there is no real point to play in master league. Enjoyed pvp and really fun but in this league it is just simply too expensive and not fun to perma lose.

    submitted by /u/Lohalal
    [link] [comments]

    Only having Master League available is an insult to newer players

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:51 AM PST

    I'm currently lvl29 and my best 'mon are currently maxed around 2500, and I really enjoyed great ultra league, playing around 50 battles, winning 35.

    There's no point even trying ultra league because every team I come up against easily blows me away.

    Why can't all 3 leagues be available at the same time?

    submitted by /u/DeemonPankaik
    [link] [comments]

    Master league is actually more enjoyable than Ultra league (for a rank7 player)

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:35 PM PST

    Without the 2500CP cap, giratina is finally beatable and you don't need a specific fairy Pokemon to counter it. There are a lot more Pokemon to choose from.

    submitted by /u/whatever_matters
    [link] [comments]

    April fools day idea

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:49 AM PST

    On April first Niantic should release dittos in 5 star raids that have very low hp and have the chance to be shiny

    submitted by /u/RotomFish
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else finding that adventure sink isn’t working?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I work a labour position and got back into the game a few weeks ago after the new battle league came in. On my average work day I get about 10 km of walking in and as I go through the day I check up on the app to see my egg progress/buddy candies. None of my kilometres are registering in the app at all. Egg is at 0 km still from yesterday morning and no buddy candies have been earned. It's especially infuriating since the fossil egg event is up and I should theoretically be hatching an egg a day. I'm on an iPhone 7 if that effects it in any way.

    submitted by /u/WellWorth1t
    [link] [comments]

    Grass Onion Just Hanging Around

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:03 AM PST

    Since GO came out, I've been obsessed with putting Pokémon in the real world via AR, and AR+ and Snapshot only makes it better. While this place doesn't exactly look like Johto, I thought it was a good area to let Celebi out and play for a little while. I for one am looking forward to more AR implementation from Niantic in the future !

    https://imgur.com/a/uPzZPCB

    submitted by /u/Nick_lastnamelol
    [link] [comments]

    Does your local community carpool?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:14 AM PST

    Simple question; does your community carpool?

    Either it be for raids, community days or just a group getting a gym or two.

    The benefits are many; less pollution, saving on fuel, more get to play (passenger can take the drivers phone if needed) and a nice social enviroment. If your community has a discord or messenger chat, ask if anyone wants to drive you or be driven. Especially if they live very close to you (but send private message or ask in person if you have specific people in mind)

    If "no", why? If the answer is "we don't know eachother well enough", then get to know them! (Ofcourse that might not be easy, so it's just a suggestion). If there are no drivers in your area, understandable.

    If you yourself are a driver, take the initiative! Ask fellow players if they wanna sit along, it might be easier to get people to raid if they have an easy way to travel during long distances or harsh weather. Ask for compensation if needed, some are willing to pay. Just don't ask kids or minors (for obvious reasons)

    the negatives: Ofcourse, carpooling isn't perfect. There are some things that can ruin it for the driver. Like: Annoying players who are either loud or rude. You might want to know the players and make sure they can be trusted. You don't want to be a taxi. Players who take advantage of you. You like to play alone (not the best reason, but I respect it)

    Theres also the difficulty for some to ask someone to drive them. Either due to social anxiety or bad experiences. I understand it thats the case.


    Now, I will probably have to edit this post as comments arrive, adding new questions I Didn't consider or reasonings. But I hope I have convinced you to try carpooling. I myself am quite lucky, to have players who happily ask me if I want to tag along, and I hope you too can have such an community.

    submitted by /u/Nordic_Krune
    [link] [comments]

    After update Adventure Sync drains too much battery

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Hi everyone. After updating PoGo (iOS) to newest version Adventure Sync turned off automatically. I re-enabled it but it drains much more battery than before. Prior to the update PoGo was at the bottom of the app's power usage list with less than 10%, now it's hitting around 30%-40%. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

    submitted by /u/en_vos
    [link] [comments]

    8 mins after the event

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:09 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/FA2wOXV

    So after community day, I go home and there is a ryhorn...

    And it's shiny

    submitted by /u/Rush_MrLmb1
    [link] [comments]

    Equality for Rural Players

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:08 AM PST

    I wish that Raid bosses were available at varying difficulties across multiple tiers, rather than certain bosses being at certain tiers. Obviously, you wouldn't have Squirtle in the 5-star raid spot, and you wouldn't stick legendary Pokemon in the 1-star spot. But it's extremely difficult for rural players to obtain legendary Pokemon for a couple of reasons. Number 1, gyms aren't all that common in rural areas, so there is less opportunity. And number 2, there just aren't that many players to join up with to take down the bosses that do spawn.

    There are three local discord groups within 100 miles of me. Two of them are NOT accepting new members, and the third has been inactive for almost a year. I don't know any other people who are still active in my area. The only other player around quit playing in December. How am I supposed to get Pokemon that are exclusive to 5-star raids?

    Would it be all that difficult to have bosses appear across three tiers? Tornadus, for instance could be 5-star through 3-star, with the 3-star raids being very difficult but doable solo. The higher-tiered raids would result in guaranteed stronger Pokemon, whether it's higher IVs or higher level, and you'd get the same better rewards.

    I think that would make the game more fair for people like me. I'm playing all the time, and I spend a good amount of money. I have limited other resources to advance in the game.

    submitted by /u/Aeosin15
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Friendly reminder to shift hands, stretch, and take a break.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Hey all. I am a 28 year old male, and this weekend I was diagnosed with something called thoracic outlet syndrome, basically where my collar bone and top rib are compressing my nerve endings, causing shoulder pain and numbness in my fingertips. Dont worry it's not fatal or anything just going to physical therapy.

    However, my therapist said one of my main aggravators is pokemon go. I would walk for hours. Holding my phone in my dominant hand, with my head bend down and to the right (right handed). This may not be a huge deal but over time, doing this for HOURS can affect your rib structure. Not a lot but it's pretty functional the way it's made.

    So just a quick reminder to everyone. Playing for hours is fine but take a break every now and then. Relaxyour shoulders. Roll your shoulder blade and neck. SWITCH HANDS. The walking is good but dont yamper yourselfotherwise. Especially if you're sedentary like I was. Def keep playing though. This community is great.

    submitted by /u/Faust2391
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure sync

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:57 PM PST

    Hey,

    I saw recently someone talking about issues with adventure sync and I've noticed mine isn't registering my steps without the fame open. Any fixes for this? Or is it a known issue? Thanks

    EDIT: If you are having this problem it is battery saver mode in game. Disable and it works. Thank you for the advice!

    submitted by /u/GordonGJones
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t open the Game

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:37 AM PST

    I have a IPhone 7 Plus GSM and when I try to open it it closes it opened only once but I got kicked out and it said that my evict isn't compatible with the game.

    submitted by /u/Masterpasta1312
    [link] [comments]

    Will shiny Meltan ever be back ?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:57 AM PST

    Hello,

    I didn't have the chance to get shiny Meltans last time it occurred last year (from 24th April to 5th May).
    Do you think it will ever get a chance to be back ?

    submitted by /u/WhiteHacKe20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment