• Breaking News

    Friday, July 16, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Pokemon and my student

    Pokémon GO - Pokemon and my student


    Pokemon and my student

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    I am a school teacher, I teach English as a second lang to kids aged 6, 7 and 8. I play PokemonGo because it motivates me to go out and walk a bit more but also I like it ofc.

    One of my students is on the autistic spectrum and Pokemon is one of his main interests and basically the only way to get him involved in a conversation and focus on you is talking to him about that. Well, I love pokemon, and every week when I go in the classroom he looks up and asks me if I have caught Mewtwo already (still haven't) or I have any new shinies before the other kids can even say hi lol

    I decided to modify some of his worksheets so they include Pokemon. They all learn the same vocabulary and stuff, but I include pictures of Pokemon to colour on his and that makes him super motivated!!! I have to print a separated worksheet for him but its no big deal. I figure if I would do that for, say, a student with a sight impairment that needs all caps or a bigger font, I can do something like this for him.

    The other teachers think I do it because I am good teacher (and I want to think I am) but honestly I'm thrilled I am able to spend so much time talking about Pkm 100% seriously with someone else even if it a seven year old lol!!!

    submitted by /u/JuBelen
    [link] [comments]

    Congratulations on the Event!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    To those who didn't finish it because the game decided we didn't deserve to find one single Pokémon after hours of looking, we will probably get rewarded handsomely during the weekend! Good luck and sorry we all wasted our time grinding for one Totodile!

    submitted by /u/Sigarious
    [link] [comments]

    The pain never ends

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    Finally, the glorious day arrived that I was able to evolve my feebas after what feels like years of walking with it.

    The next tast required me to take a snapshot of Loudred which I was on my way to do when I realised he was missing, I just have transferred him accidentally and there are no whishmur in sight.

    The grind never ends does it ?

    That's it, rant over

    submitted by /u/emilymck_sf
    [link] [comments]

    Bone Thugs and Skarmory

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    I need to evolve a Drowzee and catch a Cubone for Special Research… are them boys gonna be out in the wild for GoFest?

    submitted by /u/JPzil
    [link] [comments]

    And hence forth, they will be known as big meters

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    Notification pops up on my son's phone for the walk 151 km.

    Son: Yay! 25 big meters.

    Me: What?!?!?

    Son: I forgot what they were called. Oh yeah! Kilometers.

    And hence forth, kilometers are known as big meters in our house. My son is 15 btw.

    submitted by /u/nolehusker
    [link] [comments]

    It’s a challenge!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    Just a friendly reminder. It's a challenge not a gift. Congrats to people who finished it, I'm sorry to those who haven't.

    Don't let something like this fry your sense of enjoyment and the relative benefits you get from playing go by getting out and seeing your neighborhood / town / world.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/zamzuki
    [link] [comments]

    48 minutes left and a Chikorita spawns in the wild

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Opened up the game one last time to try to spin for the special "feed 5 berries" task and instead, there she was. Golden berried and ultra balled her cause I wasn't risking her to run away. 3 minutes later another one spawned. Niantic is weird. I'll take it though. Against all odds, I have finished the 5th anniversary collection challenge.

    lil' rascal

    submitted by /u/SensitiveBat
    [link] [comments]

    I hate myself

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    Spent 40 minutes in the rain like a fool at a pokestop hoping to get a Turtwig from a lure (last one I needed for the event) and it didn't happen. Previously I walked for 3 miles trying to find the right field research to get one that way, found the right research twice out of 30+ stops and got 2 Chimchars. So then I said you know what? I'll just go home and do some battles, call it a day. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lost 5 matches in a row. I think I need to move on to another game.

    submitted by /u/Still-Thought-1838
    [link] [comments]

    My first every Gengar turned out to be my first ever HUNDO

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    I was so shocked cuz I was level 31 and still had 0 hundos and the first Gengar I caught was a hundo

    submitted by /u/PHOENIXgaming10
    [link] [comments]

    So, I had a daily challenge to trade a pokemon. My first ever trade. I got something dope!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    My brother traded me his weakest pokemon and it ended up being a charmander, that turned into a lucky pokemon! My first ever trade and first ever lucky pokemon.

    submitted by /u/ghettokid1994
    [link] [comments]

    Back to back shinies

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    Idk what the odds of this happening is but I hatched back to back shinies shinies

    submitted by /u/chechi17
    [link] [comments]

    Second raid ~ shiny Mewtwo!

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    I'm really happy with this and my luck at shinies lately, I hope it's okay that I post this here to share.

    Mewtwo

    submitted by /u/aminishi
    [link] [comments]

    i made an Eevee pancake!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Meet Rea, the pancake i made of my hundo Eevee that will soon evolve into my favorite Eeveelution, Glaceon!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/eFF4WNX

    submitted by /u/kawakubo_rei
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY!!!!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Decided to go on a late morning walk to get coffee and go to the beach. Sat on a bench to drink my coffee and eat my bagel and threw a lure bc why not I needed a totodile but was not hopeful. First Pokémon that showed up was the little guy!!! So happy I decided to go on a walk, and if your my job no you didn't see this post…

    submitted by /u/OkRisk4420
    [link] [comments]

    Should i wait to upgrade my rayquaza?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    I have a rayquaza with 91IV 15 14 12. Should I wait for rayquaza to come back in raids and hope to get one with better IVs or should I upgrade with what i have?

    submitted by /u/Fubble_Bubble
    [link] [comments]

    I found a flying Pikachu after the event ended ��

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/qcyhWPW

    Like the title says, I found a flying Pikachu at the end of the event. Didn't catch it so it became a normal Pikachu after the event ended. Went in to catch the little guy and he was normal form, but with the flying animation. The video is pretty funny. I chuckled 🤣

    submitted by /u/Its_Billy_Bitch
    [link] [comments]

    Just another dude who couldn't finish the collection challenge

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    I love how niantic expects players to have literally no life other than playing this game because for this challenge it really looked like you needed to play it 24/7 to catch the last missing pokemons. I even know a player who must live around my area that was constantly using lures which is not common so for that to happen it only means that even himself was having a hard time... And im talking about the guy who legit owns every gym around my neighbourhood

    submitted by /u/andre_felipe08
    [link] [comments]

    I'm pissed. And so happy..

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    I'm pissed because I couldn't find one Cyndaquil for the Event. In the whole time. I walked 5km every day and found every other Event Pokemon like 50 times. Not that one, not even once. But at least I got my first Ditto in 5 Years so I got this going for me which is nice..

    Edit: Oh and btw. with that first Ditto I finally got 2 of these Tasks done that I had open since 2016 :D

    submitted by /u/Gruppenzwang
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Please do not use the suggested teams when raiding!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Just hosted a remote raid and two out of the five trainers brought a squad of aggrons and venusaurs and regigases to a Mewtwo fight. Please, I am begging you for a better GoFest experience come Sunday, make custom teams to counter the raid bosses.

    submitted by /u/dxylxght
    [link] [comments]

    regarding the "Special Pokémon" during the Fest event

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:29 AM PDT

    In the screenshot, it says that Chatot and Throw will be available for catching during the event with an incense. Does that mean, we get a chance at that, where those two don't spawn normally? In my case, Ireland?

    https://imgur.com/O0jCBwF

    submitted by /u/LatentAxis
    [link] [comments]

    First Mewtwo raid ever it was shiny!!

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    Been playing since 2016 never got into a Mewtwo raid before, just did my first and it was a shiny my 2nd shiny ever (dratini was first) woooo

    submitted by /u/Sneekypete28
    [link] [comments]

    Can I be usefull in Mewtwo raids as a lvl 27?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:18 AM PDT

    I really want to get mewtwo or some other good legendary. But I'm only lvl 27 and I don't want to make some people angry beacouse I'm bad at raid. My only counter to mewtwo is 1400 cp absol. My only good (over 2000 CP) pokémons are 5 aggrons, tyranitar, machamp, jolteon and meltmetan. I have one remote raid pass and 320 poké coins so I can buy pack of 3 remote raid passes.

    submitted by /u/ZDAKMAN
    [link] [comments]

    Getting ready for Go Fest!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    So it's almost here and while the fest is every where virtually but only in a few select cities that means there are going to be more smaller crowds in places than larger gatherings so here are some tips to make sure you are ready to Catch em' all.

    1) Plan where you're going and who you're going with and leave a note or let a friend know.

    2) prep your phone for maximum usage! Turn off location on background apps, charge it full etc.

    3) Get a comfortable bag / backpack ready. Some things I suggest. Water bottle Sun Screen Charging Cable Battery back up Small blanket / hiking chair (always rest!) Lip balm (sunscreen for the lips) Umbrella Your wallet for money / ID etc. Headphones Snacks - high protein low sugar. A little vitamin squirt you add to water.

    4) make sure you have some comfy shoes and clean socks ready.

    5) Set a budget if you're going to spend.

    As always be safe and pay attention to what's going on. It's going to be a fun time and even better if you're prepared for the day!

    ((I was talking with the wifey and we made this list for ourselves and thought I should share so I hope this helps!))

    submitted by /u/zamzuki
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment