• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 15, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Pokemon Go has brought me closer to my daughter.

    Pokémon GO - Pokemon Go has brought me closer to my daughter.


    Pokemon Go has brought me closer to my daughter.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    My seven year old daughter loves everything Pokemon. We didn't really have much we could bond about but she still loved me anyway. It hit me one day to look into Pokemon Go because a) she loves Pokemon, b) we could get some exercise together, c) spend time together and, d) connect on something. Well, it has worked. Now we're both hooked on it and she plans big father/ daughter walks for us so we can hang out and collect Pokemon. We'll find ourselves at home, afterwards, looking through our catches for the day and picking out our favorites. She loves our time together and loves teaching me about the Pokemon we catch. Seeing her get excited at catching one we didn't have already and sharing in that excitement is awesome. Who knew a game could do this? Well, I just wanted to share that and if you've made it this far, thanks!

    submitted by /u/SC-79
    [link] [comments]

    Unfortunately won’t be finishing the collection challenge

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    Missing a totodile and there's only a few hours left, unfortunate but that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess

    submitted by /u/hugebigmuscleman123
    [link] [comments]

    How do you stop friends from cheating?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    Yesterday one of my buddy's got this program for his phone that lets him teleport around the world, and find rare Pokémon. Usually my friends and I would walk around our neighborhood to spin PokéStops, take over gyms, catch Pokémon, and ext. When my other friend and I asked if he wanted to go on one of our Pokémon go walks, and he didn't want to because he was already in Canada catching 100ivs and spinning lots of PokéStops. Is there any way to get him to stop?

    submitted by /u/Sharp-Association-88
    [link] [comments]

    It would be really nice if PoGo added more pokeball variety types, especially old classics and new PoGo specific ones.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    Different types of pokeballs, color coordination, different catching boosts etc. are things that help me keep the main-series games fresh, and I think it would be fun here too! There could be old classics like dive balls on water types, and also new cool ones like a "star ball" that gives more stardust for just that one catch and has a cool star design. Maybe a homing ball which, like a homing missile, hits the middle of the target every time. I'd love to hear your PoGo-specific ball types, and your thoughts on this idea, and if Niantic would ever include things like this in the game.

    submitted by /u/seaflans
    [link] [comments]

    5th Anniversary Flying Pikachu and Eevee

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    Pikachu celebrating Pokemon Go's 5th anniversary, and Eevee just hanging out:

    https://imgur.com/a/VQgK09g

    submitted by /u/japh0000
    [link] [comments]

    for those saving the fifth-anniversary collection reward for go fest: collect today!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    just a reminder in case anyone is also saving the 80 pokeballs reward for go fest and forgets, i believe that the reward will disappear after the event ends today regardless if you've collected it yet. so don't forget to grab it today before the end :) i once missed out on a collection challenge reward because the event ended before i could collect so i just wanted to warn anyone who didn't know!

    submitted by /u/emmalmfao
    [link] [comments]

    Umbrellas when it rains would be nice

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    Like, I know it's not important, but I think it'd be cute if, when it rains in game, your character brought out an umbrella. That way you're not just… standing in a downpour haha

    submitted by /u/CatGypsy1429
    [link] [comments]

    Should the pokecoin limit from gyms be changed? (Aswell as extra prizes?)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    Simple enough, the 50 a day limit is a bit of a kick when you can take 20 gyms in a walking session, personally I would like to see it changed to something like: 50 coins for the 1st gym, 25 for the 2nd, 10,5 and then 1 for every gym after that, just a rough example. The coins give a reason to go that bit farther to grab an extra 3 or 4 gyms. (Extra candies would be nice for the harder evo's, 400 candies for gyarados, swablu etc, but not super bothered.) Again just a thought, would like to hear the masses opinion aswell. Daz

    Edit: r/ThisIsMyPokemonAlt pointed out a limit i never noticed.

    submitted by /u/WeeFatDaz
    [link] [comments]

    I just caught my first Hundo and oh my was the wait worth it!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    It came out of a red 12km egg, so I wasn't expecting anything special. A Deino is pretty good but a 100% Deino!?!

    Perfect Deino

    submitted by /u/HanSW0L0
    [link] [comments]

    "I caught the damn Piplup: my story"

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    11 hours to go. No Piplup.

    After over a week of searching I was frustrated that this might be the only collector's badge I wasn't going to get, and frustrated that I was frustrated because it was such a stupid thing.

    Still, one Piplup away. By chance I happened to see one in the wild just before the quest started, and so stupidly assumed they would just appear in the wild over the course of the week. I went to a few different places, wondering whether it was just my area which didn't have them, but no dice.

    I came on here to see if anyone had the same issue and discovered that I might never have got it as I'd been using incense and checking normal wild Pokemon, rather than thinking to use lures - thanks internet! Four glacial lures and one rainy left. Piplup would be mine.

    Went down the local park which has four stops and lured them all up, only to watch in horror as almost all the spawns were fire and grass types. Even worse, recent Community Day spawns. Tepig. Snivy. Fletchling. BIDOOF. That petal thing which is very cute but NOT NOW PETAL THING. (And if I ever see that dancing red blob thing again I won't be held responsible for my actions.)

    I got a couple of relevant field research tasks but neither gave me what I wanted. Mantine, Snorunt, Totodile...then a woman with a dog turned up.

    I'm not a fan of dogs. I'm not a fan of having to listen to people continuously calling to their dogs. I'm certainly not a fan of having the dog try to take out my legs and bark at me, which is what it started repeatedly doing and which the owner clearly found hilarious even when it was obviously irritating.

    Anxiety spiked, and now in a foul mood I walked away from my lures and out of the park, resigned to having to try again at some point if I could escape from work for an hour.

    I wandered off to spin a nearby stop and turned for home. But something made me turn back. The lures were still active. I still needed Piplup. I returned to find the park in silence, only for my phone to buzz at me for low battery. The signal had been awful for the whole time and it had drained way quicker than normal. And in my determination to get the badge I had strode out without my charger. Oh well. Game over.

    I went to close the app.

    PIPLUP.

    I have never been so glad to see a non-shiny zero-star ex-Community Day trashmon in my life. One golden razz and an ultra ball later, quest complete.

    Three minutes after that my phone died.

    Lessons learnt:

    1. Never assume anything.
    2. Consult the internet earlier.
    3. Take your charger.
    4. Avoid dogs.

    ---------------

    And now I've got that off my chest, I can breathe again, other than my mild rage at the reward being a lightly crap event Pikachu I've already caught dozens of. (Really Niantic? Not even a shiny one?)

    submitted by /u/Jennyverse
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck this challenge event

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    I have done over a hundred event field researches. Rode my bike for over 20 miles in 2 weeks. Not a single. Fucking. Piplup. Absolute garbage game

    submitted by /u/RaymondAnimalCrossig
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Shiny rates are 1 in 500(ish, exact number not known)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    It seems like every other post there is a complaint on how someone checked "so many insert Pokémon here and didn't get a shiny. Then it turns out they checked 100-200 Pokémon. Even if you check 500, you have only about a 75-80% chance of getting one. So if you only check 200 (or less), you shouldn't expect to get a shiny.

    Edit: chance of catching one after checking full odds (500) is 64%. ( Thanks u/21WaterGuy )

    submitted by /u/jmcfarren22
    [link] [comments]

    Weakest of the Meltans

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    I only learned about the mystery boxes and Pokemon Home midway through this event and was hoping for a shiny or 100% IV Meltan - instead I found this joker. Ha!

    http://imgur.com/gallery/U3eJiGp

    submitted by /u/ShaunTheDog
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who couldn't complete the collection challenge?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    I caught almost every Pokemon on Day 1 and was looking for Totodile since that day. Today, the challenge is almost over and after dozens of field researches, I still can't find Totodile

    submitted by /u/adventurous_rock1699
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointing Collection Events

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    Does anyone else get super disappointed whenever collection events come around? I personally feel really excited for the first half of it, but by the time it winds out it feels like the game has purposefully hidden the last pokemon or two to deny me actually getting the awards. It feels a little crushing to have worked hard only to be denied the last ones as the timer ticks away.

    It just feels very discouraging at times. Anyone else feel this way, or am I just being a little whiny over a chikorita and chimchar?

    submitted by /u/nyx_eira
    [link] [comments]

    RIP to all my fellow Victorians...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    Who will soon be joining NSW in lockdown, just in time to get screwed out of being able to enjoy GO Fest to its full potential.

    Yes, first world problem I know, but for weeks I've been really looking forward to getting out there and catching Pokemon and raiding for legendaries this weekend, and it looks like we'll be stuck at home on the couch with an incense and hoping we can find someone online to send us remote invites to raids :(

    E6VabE1UYAIjaY3 (750×798) (twimg.com)

    submitted by /u/RabidRathian
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could interact with my buddy outside of AR mode

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    I swear. I feel like a total creep whenever I play in my usual spots around town. Having to bring out the camera in a public place is the social equivalent to waving a loaded gun around. Nobody wants to do it, and nobody wants to be in the shot. I just want to get hearts for my buddy but it's almost impossible to be any level of discreet about it when you're waving a camera around trying to find a place to throw a PokeBall.

    submitted by /u/stauffnl
    [link] [comments]

    The Spoofers are here.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    Well, I knew it was coming. I live in a small town with four gyms that I can see from my house, one of which I can reach from my bed. For a small town, there are quite a few Pokestops so I figured it wouldn't be long before the spoofers showed up.

    We had a good thing going. I, being team mystic, would take the gym I can reach from my house around 9 at night. And when I woke up in the morning, either Valor or instinct would have taken it back over and I would collect my 50 coins. I let them squabble during the day and then night time rolls around and it's my turn. It's usually always the same players (I have a habit of checking their names for some reason), which the occasional passerby or maybe not so serious player coming in.

    The past few days, I'll log in and all the gyms I can see are taken over by a Valor member with, very obviously, three accounts by the same person. I would take over the gym around 9 like usual and then do a few battles before bed. Now, when I leave the battles my pokemon has been kicked out and replaced again by Valor. This continues to the point where I have to give up and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I have been collecting a measly 3 coins.

    What infuriates me even more, last night then gym stayed blue and I slipped my Chansey in the last open spot. After a few battles, I went to give it one more berry before going to sleep and realized that someone had shaved my Chansey and my Chansey alone out of the gym to put their Pokemans in. Again, very obviously someone with multiple accounts.

    I know I can't do anything, but I just want to complain in an area that other people share my frustrations because I don't have any local friends.

    submitted by /u/AnnoyedRecruiter
    [link] [comments]

    Cyndaquil Rage

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    3 days I've been looking for 1 - and now there's just 1 hr to go. I've given up.

    Used lures, looked for the power up task and the 5 berries task. Ended up with a million chikorita.

    Boooooooooooooooooooo

    submitted by /u/MostBrilliant1420
    [link] [comments]

    Why do starter Pokémon think they’re Legendaries?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    This anniversary event has made me realise how stupid the catch rate is with starter Pokémon. You'd think the word starter implies they are easier to catch than average ones, but oh no, legendaries have been easier than some of these bastards strutting around.

    I tried to catch a Combusken (thinking it would count for Torchic, mistake 1), I had to use 10, that's right TEN golden razz berries all with ultra balls and great throws before I caught that little shit. Using golden razz and it not catching a non-legendary with an ultra ball should be illegal.

    I've had so many starters eat through all my Ultra balls and Great balls, and why is the reward regular poke balls anyway as those can't even catch these little shits.

    Also what is the point in having pinaps in the game if you can't use them on the Pokémon you need them arguably the most for, as it will waste so many you're better off just using a normal razz, which still takes several attempts.

    Had a cp 90 starter jump out of a great great ball, fuck these dudes.

    submitted by /u/DistortedNoise
    [link] [comments]

    “I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/22htuNW

    Behold it's odious figure. Never before has such a stark abomination had it's twisted malformed soul trapped to be unleashed upon the world. Nary a legendary, those of Instinct and Aqua clutch their feeble effigies tightly in hopes to maintain their wavering position in gyms. As it plants it's unhallowed husk upon the battlefield, the lamentations of it's victims only furthers it's bloodlust. The next day, Aqua and Instinct alike wake in sheer terror to see an ominous message left behind it's wake.

    "Your Pokémon have returned to you"

    submitted by /u/SiberianTyler
    [link] [comments]

    LAST Reminder: Open your Mystery Box before 7PM for your last chance to get a shiny Meltan!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    LAST CALL 7PM. The event ends at 8pm, so if you open it by 7pm, you will be able to fit in the whole hour.

    We had the opportunity to fit in 4 Mystery Boxes during the 5th anniversary to maximize our chances of getting a shiny Meltan:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/oedo48/you_can_fit_4_mystery_boxes_during_the/

    The Mystery Box is a special incense that spawns Meltan. It can be used every 3 days.

    Here's a reminder on how to get a Mystery Box:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgsi9vD1cA&t=4s

    Good luck shiny hunting!

    Ps. Your box may display 1 day left, but actually, there could still be only a few hours left before it resets.

    submitted by /u/TaupeMorose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment