• Breaking News

    Monday, July 19, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What I learned from PoGo Raid Day -

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    Golden berries mean nothing.

    Great-excellent curveballs mean nothing.

    When your raid glitches out it costs you time, money, and resources.

    Shiny Legendaries don't exist.

    Rant over

    submitted by /u/XJonnyTsunamiX
    [link] [comments]

    GoFest Aftermath

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    GoFest was great. Tons of Pokémon I personally have yet to see in game until now, and probably won't ever see again. I'm looking at you Deino and Vanillite..But now that the event is over we are back to our regular spawns, and by regular spawns I mean the same 8 Pokémon over and over. Why are spawns so limited? There are over 500 Pokémon in the game so far yet the wild spawns are so lackluster and repetitive. What could they possibly gain by controlling spawns? Also I notice that it's the "Season of Discovery" with special spawns but why do we need this to go on for another 44 days?! Rant over.

    submitted by /u/justaforktho
    [link] [comments]

    Condolences for all the failed catch attempts after a raid.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Even when you get a good throw and use the golden razz berries, the legendary Pokémon just bounce right out. Cant win them all, but doesn't make it hurt less. So great job everyone but also, I feel your pain.

    submitted by /u/nat_thefarmer
    [link] [comments]

    I have the worlds BEST Girlfriend

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Long story short, I (20M) went downtown to play Go Fest Day 2 with all my friends (All 20M). Most of them don't play anymore and I managed to convince them to come out, or had just started playing this week leading up to the event.

    All of them got a shiny legendary, or a hundo, or both, except me. Even my girlfriend (19F).

    My favourite Pokémon out of all gen's, legendaries or not, is Rayquaza. I did EIGHT RAIDS. Didn't get a shiny or a hundo, I knew it wasn't guaranteed but I was still let down.

    My girlfriend however, caught a shiny rayquaza, and her first thought was to give it to me. She doesn't play the game much, she knows it's my favourite, and she knew how much it meant to me. I'm so happy that she did that. I feel so bad at the same time. It was her only shiny too. She told me that she's happier giving it to me because she knows I want it more. I cannot express to her how much this means to me.

    Proof

    submitted by /u/YKIhadtodoittoem
    [link] [comments]

    I would just like to thank Poke Genie

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Been playing on and off since pokemongo release. Everyone I know quit playing.

    Could never raid 5 by myself, so I given up one ever catching legendary.

    This weekend, with Poke Genie, I finally completed the 151 kanto pokedex by catching articuno, zapdos and moltres.

    THANK YOU POKE GENIE.

    submitted by /u/mcwood3
    [link] [comments]

    Any one else not enjoy GoFest day 2 as much as day 1?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    To be fair I did manage to get 30 raids in today , 1 being a shiny . I geuss personally I would have found today more fun if they also had boosted shiny chance along side raiding .

    submitted by /u/throwRW-questions91
    [link] [comments]

    Just want to say thanks to all you Genie raid hosts out there

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    I haven't been able to get out of the house today due to an unwell toddler, but you guys have made it possible for me to still enjoy raid day. So thanks! You guys rock.

    submitted by /u/CMDR_Anarial
    [link] [comments]

    I want more GoFest!!!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    I didn't get as many shinies as I wanted, but it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Seeing people out "in the wild" catching Pokémon felt like the summer of 2016 when it came out. Especially after the anti-social year and a half we have all had. I wish Niantic would do fun stuff like this more often, and not just community days or spotlight hours!

    submitted by /u/ankafi
    [link] [comments]

    No Shinys?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    Anyone else got no shiny? I really got no one the whole weekend. I played both days for hours. I bought a ticket. Did 53 raids. Its sooo ridiculous. -.-

    submitted by /u/Fit-Party4928
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic nailed go fest

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    Now I can't speak for everyone, but I think that large majority of people who played this weekend had a blast with go fest. It's so fun scrolling through my friends list and seeing them all change their buddies to their new legends and shinies. I personally grinded out an embarrassing number of legends this weekend. As much flack as niantic gets, I think they knocked it out of the park with this go fest. Most fun I've had with pogo yet. Hope y'all had as much as I did.

    submitted by /u/macattack1115
    [link] [comments]

    Any one else just want to play more pogo after this amazing go fest but you can't because nothing is going on?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Next event is Squirtle Spotlight Hour(2x transfer candy) Starts: Tuesday, July 20, at 6:00 PM Local Time Ends: Tuesday, July 20, at 7:00 PM Local Time

    submitted by /u/0525125625
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon go needs a message system hear me out

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    There needs to be a message system in pogo even if its pre-made messages because i got multiple raid invites and I just couldn't do them as I had no passes left even if it was pre-made like "can't" or "can't right now" just being able to message people in general would be good but I get safety so even if they were pre-made like I said.

    submitted by /u/FalloveroutNicktatto
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experiencing really annoying raid issues?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    I have done at least 7 dialga raids, and not caught a single one, due to issues like the raid freezing up as soon as you get into the actual battle, and the Pokémon just disappearing when I go to throw the poke ball at them, then I get kicked out.

    I had such a fun time during day one, but this day has been a little above disappointing, only because the shiny mewtwo I got early on. Very sad I won't get to participate in the rest of raid day due to these ridiculous glitches

    submitted by /u/TheMarbleSlabRoad
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t talk to me or my sons ever again

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    Planned on making an Eevee gym but got this unexpected surprise instead: https://imgur.com/gallery/7NfIxmS

    submitted by /u/sleepyhead242
    [link] [comments]

    I love collecting Pikachus

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    After 5 whole years of grinding on this beautiful game i am finally proud of my pikachu collection, Tho few of them aren't here and are non shiny too but im proud of what i have.

    Here's my proud collection https://imgur.com/gallery/B8v6OS6

    Thought you guys might appreciate it also please lemme know the ones im missing i will try to get them through trades, thanks for reading so far.

    submitted by /u/GETFUCKEDVED
    [link] [comments]

    If you change your buddy to Meloetta you'll hear the Go Fest music.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    Basically the the title. Just a neat little thing I wanted to share with you. You'll get either the Pop or the Rock song depending on the path you chose.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Knowalot
    [link] [comments]

    Go fest raid day was the best event in pokemon go

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    The first day was cool too but holy crap. The raid day was insanely good especially after spending the 5 bucks. I actually played for the whole 8 hours which I was not expecting (spent 5 on the first day). Got all of the legendaries I was missing today and even got a shiny zapdos which is pretty cool. Most fun I have ever had playing pokemon go for sure.

    submitted by /u/Ohka_
    [link] [comments]

    PGFB *post go fest blues*

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Anyone else really depressed after go fest has ended? It was alot of fun and i just dont know what to do now

    submitted by /u/Burritotaco29
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic just made sooooooo much money

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    I spend 35 bucks over the course of go fest. I can't remember how many millions of people play this game but if you assume I'm the average, then in just two days they raked in a ton of revenue.

    submitted by /u/somedepression
    [link] [comments]

    You ever just accidentally discard almost 200 hyper potions?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    I had a moment of weakness and confused the amount I wanted to discard with the amount I wanted to keep. So instead of deleting 20 and keeping 180, I deleted 180 and kept 20. It could be worse I guess. 😔

    submitted by /u/The_ol_Razzle-Dazzle
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to tell someone.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    I just needed to tell someone. Today was a good day.

    I obtained a shiny 3* Ho-Oh, a 3* Lucky Shiny Deino, and a Hundo Deino.

    Today was a good day.😁 I hope you all got what you wanted!

    submitted by /u/HistoryHurts
    [link] [comments]

    What's with the new overworld music? It's got...lyrics

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    I jotted down the lyrics for fun:

    We can share the beauty of the world tonight

    Stars up in the sky will light the way

    Every place we wander,

    wonders will amaze us

    See the mountains shimmer in the moonlit sky

    Maybe they will show us where to go

    Rhythms of the ocean waves tell me my dream is real

    You and I tonight will see our worlds align, the stars align

    And with their light to guide me I know I will find you

    So we can go and make a brighter world

    ...it's nice, after Go Fest ended it went back to the normal daytime theme so hearing this at night was a surprise. I've only been playing Go for a year now and I don't remember there ever being lyrics to that theme, is this the first time they've done that?

    submitted by /u/Sobble-Sobble
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Niantic for the GoFest experience!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Ive been in greece visiting my grandparents since june, and all of my work friends have a groupchat where we all invite each other to raids and such. all though i was only able to get 6 legendaries and missed 2, we had a blast with all of the hectic texts and screenshots!

    submitted by /u/CrustyJaundice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment