• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 18, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints


    Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass?

    Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

    Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

    No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

    • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

    • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

    • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Go saved me from an awful situation

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    Thank God, I took this weekend off of work for GO Fest. Last night, there was a shooting at my place of work. I would have been there if my friend hadn't gotten me into PoGo and if I didn't take this weekend off.

    My phone died from all the PoGo, but when I got home & charged it, it was full of messages from friends & family checking in to make sure I was safe.

    I'm still a bit messed up emotionally. I'm glad I wasn't there, but I feel guilty for being glad since at least four other people were shot.

    Anyway, have a good day 2, everyone.

    submitted by /u/AmericanPharaoh10
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: DO NOT play while driving. Cops know its Go Fest and have no mercy

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    Just went to the local downtown/commercial/historic district of the small town I liven in to refill my bag and the Police were out in force against people playing while driving. Just in two hours or walking around the same 8 blocks I noticed at least 5 offers patrolling and witnessed 7 trainers pulled over receiving tickets for distracted driving, I presume. I also suspect they are all enforcing maximum penalties with no mercy as well.

    I know its 91F (32C) with 95% humidity, but c'mon there were dozens of us sucking it up and you can too.

    Just Don't be stupid.

    submitted by /u/AmatuerGenius
    [link] [comments]

    My seven year old was excited to catch his first shiny today. No luck until 5:45 when he caught five in a row!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    He was so upset, I had caught several and even when I took over his game for a couple hours, we still didn't have any luck. Fifteen to six and he caught five in a row! At the end, he even managed to get a near perfect shiny chimchar. He's over the moon. I'm so proud and happy for him :D

    submitted by /u/Calepria
    [link] [comments]

    How badly is everyone hurting after go fest day 1?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Everyone is talking about their shinies and all the legenadries from day 2 but no one's addressing the real issue lmao. Did anyone else go out and play the entire 8 hours like I did? How did you survive? I feel like my legs are about to fall off my body and I got a really bad sunburn (that's on me I thought I'd be ok without sunscreen). This is somehow worse than when I come home from work but I managed to walk 25 KM RIP.

    submitted by /u/bubblegumelectra
    [link] [comments]

    Hear me out, Slowpoke with anniversary hat

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Niantic please, this needs to happen, for consistency's sake.

    Slowpoke, two weeks from now. Or months. Showing up with anniversary hat super late to the party

    submitted by /u/Serenestebe_lemer
    [link] [comments]

    After playing Day One Go Fest I came to a realisation

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Day One Go Fest was probably the most fun I've had so far in the game and I believe it came down to two things, the shiny rates and the variety of spawns.

    Now, the shiny rates during things like community days in my opinion are very high, obviously people get unlucky and not obtain many shinies but that's just unfortunately down to chance. I personally believe that the shiny rates during this day one event were at a very comfortable spot. And with the diversity of spawns there was plenty of Pokémon that were able to be shiny, which made the hunt in my opinion very rewarding.

    I just would like to know what you guys think about there being more events like this, more often in the future.

    I personally would be happier if community day shinies were about Day 2 odds, bit better than usual and have more events like these where there's more variety of spawns to keep things fresh.

    submitted by /u/Theadz95
    [link] [comments]

    Has there been pokemon that have seemingly disappeared from the game?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    I used to play this game at launch, but stopped in 2017. Coming back recently in june 2021, and playing for one month, i feel that:

    It's been a while since I've found a wild Ekans.

    I've only found one wild venonat.

    It's been years since my last kabuto.

    It's been decades since my last Omanyte.

    It's been centuries since my last Aerodactyl.

    All these used to be pokemon i could encounter rather frequently, and now they're gone. Anyone know what is happening, or am i just unlucky?

    submitted by /u/BensReddits
    [link] [comments]

    Spoofers are lazy bozos

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:25 PM PDT

    I really wish Niantic did something about spoofers, I deal with at least 2 to 4 in my area and it just completely ruins the game for me and other players In my area who are affected by this, especially during the fest. I feel like reporting them just doesn't do anything. I'm just tired of not being able to get coins.

    submitted by /u/ImJustChar1es
    [link] [comments]

    Best Pokémon I’ve traded, ever!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    My family wanted to make full use of the extra special trades and were making last minute trades for the night. My sister and I traded shiny mewtwo for shiny mewtwo. I joked saying, maybe you'll get a 100%. Turns out I won the lottery. https://imgur.com/gallery/hvWOYIY

    submitted by /u/TheCastawayBall
    [link] [comments]

    Uhhhhhhhhhhh

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Should I be worried? I'm not sure if this game is trying to tell me something http://imgur.com/a/HnbEJXY

    submitted by /u/Ancient-Soup-2848
    [link] [comments]

    I just want to take a second to say this is my first Go Fest and this is absolutely positively amazing.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    I have caught so many shinies and a bunch of Pokémon I didn't have yet considering I just started about 3 or 4 months ago. I'm having a blast and I hope everyone else is having as much fun as me. Good luck hunting everyone. Have a good day.

    submitted by /u/Bug_Adam89
    [link] [comments]

    First Shundo and it was a good one!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    Never caught a Shundo and never expected to (odds are never in my favor lol). Then this happened and I'm still not over it. Should I use an elite TM and if so, what moves should I teach it?

    https://imgur.com/a/Q3mhlTQ

    submitted by /u/872661847
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you CyBeth

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    I joined PoGo in Dec last year. Quit playing after a while. Have joined it again last month and im more active this time. Yesterday wasn't a great day because I had to go to work and hence couldn't fully enjoy the event. But today, CyBeth invited me to a raid which was 13000+ kms from where I live. I cannot thank you enough. All thanks to you, I have a Mewtwo. Even though it's a 2 star, I cannot be more happy. It's just lucky that I had a remote raid pass. Once again, thank you CyBeth.

    submitted by /u/klgg8594
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else see the yellow portal ring in the sky?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 05:50 AM PDT

    East coast USA, there's a yellow ring with what looks like a portal or black hole inside! It appears for a few seconds, spinning, then disappears and reappears somewhere else in the sky… Anyone know what this is?

    https://imgur.com/a/nYto00T

    submitted by /u/TemporaryTantrum
    [link] [comments]

    What's with the gold ring in the sky?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    I keep seeing it appear and disappear. My only estimation, as of present, is that it is a precursor to a Hoopa event. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/TheSplinteredWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    I work on weekends and barely got to play but this makes up for it

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/IaDonyd.jpg I really can't think of another shiny I have that is so different and cool looking. Icing is that it's a event Pokemon too!

    submitted by /u/urasiankid1
    [link] [comments]

    Bless Good Friends

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    Story time.

    So When Mewtwo was first released on Friday (Thursday night, whatever) I of course immediately went onto PokeGenie and entered the queue. Mewtwo is one of my top 3 favorite pokemon and I was only able to catch 1 a long while back. So I get through the very tedious queue, which took around 3 hours, got into the raid, vanquished Mewtwo, and went to catch phase.

    Safe to say, I did not catch the Mewtwo.

    I hit 5 excellent throws in a row. 11-15 of my throws were excellent, but still it did not catch (rant on Niantic's broken catch algorithm coming soon). Not gonna lie I was pretty upset. It was 2 in the morning, I had work the next day, and wasted hours in a queue for no catch.

    Then, out of the blue, a friend I had added all the way from Japan, months ago, saw me online and invited me to a Mewtwo raid. This was it, my chance at redemption. We beat the raid and on the very last of 13 throws, I had caught the Mewtwo. If it wasn't 2:30am I probably would have shouted in excitement.

    Genryuuuu5 did me a solid and I just wish Niantic had some kind of ingame messenger (I get why they don't) so I could thank him instead of spamming the gifts I send with "thank you" stickers.

    We are all a great community of people. Put good out and good will come your way.

    submitted by /u/epacella13
    [link] [comments]

    Found a max level (35) tyranitar when using an incense today!!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    He put up a fight, took at least 3-4 golden razzes and ultra balls. It's my strongest one (never powered up any of my ttars before since lack of candy and bad ivs)! Excited for day 2 of go fest!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/031qaix

    submitted by /u/Chrisgoo123
    [link] [comments]

    Got a very unique Aipom today

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Seems to have been a graphical glitch never seen such an odd one before initially thought it was a Galar variant or something.

    https://imgur.com/a/MQ7fgXY

    submitted by /u/chronosMark
    [link] [comments]

    Improving "Pokemon nearby in the wild" would be a huge help to rural players.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    After spending about 40 minutes in the 95 degree sun wandering a field aimlessly for a Snorlax, who, when I found him, was 2100 CP, bright red, and effortlessly capable of eating 20 of my ultra balls (all curved great/excellents) before fleeing, I am a little confused why rural play like that gets so savagely punished compared to parking next to a pokestop.

    Considering the games themselves don't let you catch pokemon sitting parked next to a pokecenter and rely on you to roam the tall grass or open seas, it would be nice if we could at least get a compass directional hint for these wild pokemon rather than just aimlessly wandering.

    submitted by /u/BigBashMan
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go should increase catch rates on legends especially during events

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    I battled several legendaries and over a third of them fled from me, over 20 raids total. I can consistently land great curve ball throws. And they still manage to break free. I spent real money on raid passes, trying to fill some missing legendary dex entries. It just sucks that i wasted a lot of time and money trying to get them.

    Anyway thats my rant.

    submitted by /u/throwthisawayplse
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Uxie at this point

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    I'm not an expert on time zones but none of my Facebook raid groups are posting Uxie raids, has the raid window closed in Asia?

    submitted by /u/destuctir
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Go Fest - No extra 10,000 XP if the raid ends after 6pm.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    We ran to a gym thinking we could get the last raid starting at 5:58pm, raid ended at 6:02pm and no extra XP given. Pretty disappointing considering I used a premium pass when I realized I'd ran out of free passes. Just a heads-up.

    submitted by /u/reflectedlies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment