• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 24, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    3 Months After His Death, the Gym in our Town was Named for Him

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:00 PM PST

    UPDATE: Strongbow (My Aggron named after him) is in the gym. You will always be remembered.

    About three months ago, I posted a story about a friend of mine who had been killed in a car accident. He was a Pokemon Go player in my small community and helped ease a transition in my life. The post can be found here: Original Post

    Well tonight, I was at work and checking through my gyms and saw this: Strongbow

    The gym in my town, the last gym he most likely was ever in, had it's name changed to his name. I had contacted Niantic back then and asked for the gym name to be changed, but got a canned response. I asked the only person I know IRL who has the ability to do it and he didn't do it.

    I just want to say thank you to the person or persons who made this possible. Strongbow was a great man, a leader in our Pokemon Go community, our tribe, and our community. Thank you for helping honor him.

    submitted by /u/PKMN_Maestro
    [link] [comments]

    The egg system needs serious rework.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:46 AM PST

    Their are a few major problems with eggs but ill talk about the two I find the most infuriating.

    Firstly, the shared pools , why oh why is it possible to walk a 10km and 7km egg and then get a munchlax from both of them ?!? (Why are munchlax's in 10km in the first place)

    Secondly, the 7km gift problem. Im not level 40, I dont have best friend status with everyone , I need gifts to level up my friendships , yet every god dam gift has a 7km egg (worse pool in my opinion) without fail , I cant delete them. Its a pure incentive to buy incubators to clear your inventory. Yet if i walk for 2/3 hours spinning stops I MIGHT get 1 or 2 10km eggs and a 2km. Its so infuriating. Especially as someone who hasn't filled their dex.

    I dont know what the purpose of this post was , maybe to vent , maybe to start a dialogue. In all honestly id like to know peoples opinions.

    Thank you. Love you all.

    Ps does Gible in 10km even exist ?

    submitted by /u/Dagllo
    [link] [comments]

    I beat my first Team Rocket Leader! (Cliff)

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:00 AM PST

    Hi guys! I'm a level 26 who has been playing for about a month now. I just beat my first team rocket leader and I'm ecstatic and had to tell people lol. After failing multiple times I defeated his lineup of Meowth, Flygon and Tyranitar using the following. My 2278 CP alolan exeggutor for Meowth. My 1114 CP Piloswine to beat Flygon (Piloswine actually got owned here but I got half the health bar down lol). And finally my 1940 CP Blaziken just barely beat his Tyranitar. I'm super excited that I managed to do this! If you read my excitement story thank you!

    submitted by /u/DWWWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Shadow Sneasel

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:49 PM PST

    Shiny Shadow I caught this today from team rocket. Rare?

    I am guessing I shouldn't purify it!

    submitted by /u/canakiwi
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure sync IPhone

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:54 AM PST

    My adventure sync stopped working. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling redoing all the settings in my phone and reallowing everything. It's still not counting my steps though. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Prindle87
    [link] [comments]

    WTH with those rewards Rocket?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 04:01 AM PST

    I defeated 8 bosses and GIOVANNI and all I got was a ridiculous amount of revives and potions. Is that bad luck or are the stone drop rates ridiculously low? It's really annoying.

    submitted by /u/SlickyOneTwo
    [link] [comments]

    Caught my first perfect Pokemon!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:27 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/H9mQnIw

    Out taking advantage of the shadow gyms today and caught this little guy! Also managed to beat my first team rocket boss.

    submitted by /u/Watcher0nTheWall1
    [link] [comments]

    I finally have the Gold Cameraman Medal AMA

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:24 AM PST

    The last 200 days have been some of the toughest and most grueling of my life. As you may know, the cameraman gold medal requires you to get TWO HUNDRED surprise photobomb encounters. It's know to be one of most intense and hardcore challenges a gamer could ever take on.

    I've lost touch with friends and family, and I've been forced to quit my job. I no longer had time to focus on those mundane aspects of life because everyday I knew there was a beautiful Smeargle waiting for me behind a wall of RNG. It's all been worth it though, who cares that there's not even a reward or anything. Who cares that my strongest Smeargle has less than 350 CP. My medal is gold now and my happiness is unimaginable. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Proof of Gold

    SMEARGLE HUNTING GUIDE: ALSO all joking aside, it's actually not that hard to get your daily photobomb if you actually wanna try.

    First you're gonna wanna go into Settings and turn off AR+ though. That makes it easier to start taking the photos since you don't have to place the Pokémon in AR.

    Next pick the Pokémon who's moveset you'd like Smeargle to copy. This seems to be the only thing Smeargle's copy over btw, I haven't noticed any traits like CP, Stats, being Shiny or anything else besides the moves being duplicated.

    Once you're ready to start searching for the photo encounter take two photos (it doesn't matter if you take more but at least two) and then close out of photo mode. If Smeargle is going to show up during that photo session it will have by the second photo and if he doesn't just go back and take two more photos and close out and retry until one does show up. DON'T just sit in the same photo session taking hundreds of photo's cause that won't work you gotta exit and go back in.

    Then when Smeragle eventually appears you automatically get +1 towards your Camerman Medal. You don't have to catch it or anything.

    And if you're feeling defeated while taking dozens of photos, remember Smeargle may show up during your first try of the day or the 20th try or even later but it'll probably show up in the first 20 photo sessions or so.

    On average it took me about 3-4 minutes to find my Smeargle each day. Ofcourse that does make the days where it takes 10 minutes pretty annoying, but it also made the days when it popped up during my first try the best. It's good to do it while watching TV or YouTube.

    submitted by /u/politicalanarchy
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my Mew. It's terrible...I love it.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 06:07 AM PST

    Just finished my mew quest and got a 10/11/11 mew but I didn't really care about IVs im glad I finally completed it.

    submitted by /u/JoyJace
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any point to keeping marginal purified pokemon?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 08:02 AM PST

    After working hard to catch them and spending a lot of stardust to purify them, all of the ones I have are not that great. Before I transfer them all back, is there something else to consider about them that I am not aware of.

    I am a solo player. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BAD20072011
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny legendary after 4th breakthrough

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:09 PM PST

    Just caught shiny Groundon today in the morning. It was my 4th breakthrough since they put legendaries. Not so great IV though...

    https://imgur.com/gEHvxIp

    submitted by /u/TakeUsToFinalsDMich
    [link] [comments]

    First Shiny Legendary! Go instinct! (Lvl 25)

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:58 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/RmpzAbY Today is a good day :) Short Story: I missed out on the chimchar community day and I felt pretty bummed since my other friend that plays pokemon go got 5 shiny chimchars. I was walking to art class when I finished a quest and BAM! Shiny zapdos :)

    submitted by /u/kids_x
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY FINISHED MY GEN 1 DEX!! ��

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:44 PM PST

    I am buzzing with excitement!

    Needed the Birds to complete the Gen 1 Dex. My breakthroughs were as follows. Zapdos, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres! (no shinys)

    Good luck to everyone else who is almost there! You've got this! :)

    submitted by /u/Thewillbeking
    [link] [comments]

    A very nice spot to farm !

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:26 PM PST

    Three pokestop at the same place !

    submitted by /u/Sulky_Goron
    [link] [comments]

    What is the real distance count?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    So, from the start of this week, the game has been registering two different distances for me. Both of them have a 2km, difference between them. My question is, which one will it count? The one with the higher distance or the one with 2kms less in it?

    submitted by /u/ChaaluAalu
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me what pokemon have been in research breakthroughs since they came out till now?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:47 AM PST

    I've joined PoGo this summer and I want to know what I missed so if anyone remembers or has a link to somewhere please post it here. Thank you strangers!

    submitted by /u/JoyJace
    [link] [comments]

    What is required to complete the task "participate in a raid" ?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:36 AM PST

    There was a raid next to my door and nobody was there, but I just participated in the raid (it was a raid for multiple people) and didn't get anything. I did as the task required me to do in my eyes. What is really needed to get the rewards? Or did i do something wrong?

    submitted by /u/ManyAppearance6
    [link] [comments]

    Cubone frustration

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:25 AM PST

    Well I'm stuck at that part. It took me forever to get there and now with all the new pokemon added to grunt teams, I haven't found one in weeks.

    Is there ANY other way to get that research done? I've never actually seen one spawn in the wild either.

    submitted by /u/Francl27
    [link] [comments]

    Stone

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 07:04 AM PST

    I've honestly had enough with the lack of ways to get sinnoh stones and their drop rate it's unreal, I've done at least 30+ rocket leaders and not a single sinnoh stone but I have had 5 unova stones it's actually irritating, I have so many sinnoh evolutions I want to do but I can't cause I can't get any!!!

    submitted by /u/YarYeet123
    [link] [comments]

    Vernon

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:08 PM PST

    A while back a fellow Pokémon go player expressed his father passing and how much his father and him played pogo together and his favorite Pokémon was lickitung, I hope they see Vernon is defending the gyms in Colorado and relaxing after many hard fought battles in the hot springs in steamboat springs.

    submitted by /u/washo1234
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny tentacool

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:51 PM PST

    (https://imgur.com/gallery/H4xDfqf)

    Second shiny of the day. Currently in sac airport waiting for my flight to Australia, hopped on pogo and got a shiny tentacool!!

    submitted by /u/Chelllllllyyyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Run,run and away..

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:07 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I have been playing Pokemon go since it launched in my country and found a few bugs, niantic won't reach out to us though. I was playing magickarp as a buddy, and I have been walking for a very long time. I walked until 7 kms today, the buddy meter gave me 7 candies but my egg I'd still finished at 2.7 (initial was 2.1) for a 10kg egg. I have to give a complaint to the go app through. I'm on Android. Anyone can tell me how and what I can do so that I can finally reach the egg meter? :/

    submitted by /u/ShokugekinoShanky
    [link] [comments]

    Team go leaders

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:21 AM PST

    I really want a shadow legendary bird right now and I know I need to beat Giovanni but I need to know what Pokemon to use cause my team gets absolutely destroyed against him

    submitted by /u/destermyenemy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment