• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    WHOEVER MADE MAWILE AND SABLEYE 10KM EGG POKEMON, I JUST WANNA TALK

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:17 AM PST

    If I hatch one more useless pokemon from a 10km egg, I'm gonna lose my mind. Even Dratini and Trapinch are more useful than Mawile and Sableye. Hopefully with the egg reshuffle, they'll be cast to the 2km pool. But knowing Niantic, they'll add something like Wurmple 🤦🏻‍♂️

    submitted by /u/rcbz1994
    [link] [comments]

    My beautiful snowy day shiny!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:08 PM PST

    I woke up from a nap to a nice snow storm and this beautiful shiny!

    I couldn't participate in the community day this weekend, so this really made up for my disappointment.

    submitted by /u/huffylemon
    [link] [comments]

    Video of the new Buddy System

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:39 AM PST

    Buddy Adventure coming soon - even more ways to explore, grow, and bond with your buddy!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:44 AM PST

    https://pokemongolive.com/post/buddyadventurelaunch

    Trainers,

    Get ready to explore the world with your Buddy Pokémon! In the all-new Buddy Adventure feature, your buddy will be by your side in your Pokémon GO explorations like never before.

    Buddy Adventure is an elevated bonding experience for Trainers and their buddies. You'll get to know your Buddy Pokémon's mood as you increase your Buddy Level by playing with your buddy, feeding your buddy treats, and battling and exploring with your buddy. In addition, swapping Buddy Pokémon no longer resets progress toward earning Candy. Like any great Pokémon Trainer, you'll find that the world around you will become richer with Pokémon by your side as they grow with you and help you along your journey.

    The Buddy Adventure feature set will roll out to Trainers around the world by 2020.

    The Berry that blossomed into friendship

    Kick off your buddy adventure by feeding your buddy Berries. This will increase your Buddy Level to Good Buddy, and you'll see your buddy on the map, following right behind you! To feed your buddy, just head to the new buddy profile page, tap on Play!, and interact with your buddy. You can also give your buddy a quick treat directly from the buddy profile page.

    Each Pokémon has different quirks and ways to express itself. Watch closely to see a diverse range of movements and expressions, whether you and your buddy are playing together or exploring the world around you!

    Along with feeding your buddy, you can also play with it! Watch what your buddy does when you interact with it in AR+ mode. Different Pokémon react in different ways! Make sure you have AR+ turned on in your Settings.

    Unlock exciting new Perks with Buddy Adventure

    As you and your buddy get closer and your Buddy Level increases, you'll get to unlock exciting new Perks together! The Buddy Levels are Good Buddy, Great Buddy, Ultra Buddy, and Best Buddy.

    Good Buddy: Your buddy can join you on your map view! You'll also see how your buddy feels on the buddy profile page.

    Great Buddy: Having a hard time catching a Pokémon? Your buddy may help you out in Pokémon encounters! It can also bring you items that can help you in your Pokémon GO journey.

    Ultra Buddy: Your buddy will help you explore the world around you by letting you know about interesting places nearby! Your buddy will also bring you Souvenirs, which you can keep track of on the buddy profile page.

    Best Buddy: Become Best Buddies, and your buddy will sport a Best Buddy Ribbon to show off to everyone just how close you two are! Pokémon that you're Best Buddies with can get a CP boost in combat as long as they're still assigned as your Buddy Pokémon.

    How to become better friends with your buddy

    Become better friends with your buddy by earning affection. Affection is measured by hearts, and you can earn hearts with your buddy by exploring with your buddy on the map, battling with your buddy, playing with and feeding your buddy, and taking snapshots of your buddy. The more affection you earn, the better your buddy's mood will be!

    When you reach the highest mood (excited), you can unlock the following Perks:

    The distance it takes for your buddy to find Candy will be cut in half.

    The number of hearts earned per action will double.

    Trainers can earn bonus hearts!

    With the upgraded buddy profile page, you'll see your buddy's progress toward finding Candy, your buddy's current mood, a chart of daily activities you can do to earn affection with your buddy, and your Buddy Level! You'll also be able to see the history of other Pokémon who have been your buddy and the adventures you've shared together. Remember: friendship is something you build together! So be sure to complete the daily activities with your buddy each day to earn more affection and become fast friends!

    Coming soon: Meet your (real-world) buddy's buddies, too!

    After Buddy Adventure is available to Trainers around the world, there'll be even more to look forward to. Soon, your buddy will be able to meet your fellow Trainers' buddies in Shared AR Experience mode!

    In the new Shared AR Experience mode, you can sync up with up to two other Trainers with AR+ to take a group photo with your buddies together! It'll be the perfect chance to create your own epic Pokémon moments and capture new Pokémon memories with your friends!

    We hope you have a blast discovering all the new ways you can bond with your Buddy Pokémon, Trainers! Be sure to share your favorite buddy moments and photos with #PokemonGOBuddy once the feature is released.

    —The Pokémon GO team

    submitted by /u/EldruinAngiris
    [link] [comments]

    So, let's talk about Shiny Gible and how bad it is for the community.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:43 PM PST

    So Niantic just released Shiny Gible in the new Egg Scramble or whatever 'event' and honestly I am kind of disappointed.

    Gible is a Pokemon that some people are still struggling to find in the wild, and that many more were expecting to have a community day. This cash shill of an 'event' is a joke and took away a lot of players opportunity to finally get a Gible and enough of them to evolve into Garchomp.

    This 'event' also took away the shiny opportunity from a lot of players as well. I don't buy incubators and refuse to buy into a rigged system. Giving better Pokemon a smaller chance of hatching from eggs, and charging a dollar each for an incubator is essentially Pokemon Go's way to Loot Box. I feel bad for the players that have poor impulse control and spend thousands on this game when it's a hacksawed version of Pokemon, a game I care deeply about.

    We as players need to let Niantic know that this is not okay, this shouldn't happen anymore. After the Shiny Mewtwo release I stopped buying raid passes. It's honestly disgusting what they are willing to do to make a quick buck. If this is t a mistake then Niantic has lost my support.

    Edit: This is purely my opinion on the matter if it's release was intentional. I know some of you can't understand that and I'm sure you'll get over it. I do hope it's just a mistake but I haven't seen any confirmation either way yet.

    submitted by /u/nezodrax
    [link] [comments]

    We get it guys. The 10 k eggs suck. We hate Sableye. Can we stop making the same posts over and over?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:41 AM PST

    There's been about 3 or 4 different posts about this is maybe half a week. I have ONLY seen these posts for the past little while and nothing else on r/pokemongo makes it to my feed. We get it. We are all upset when one hatched but we're just getting super repetitive at this point.

    submitted by /u/HappiCacti
    [link] [comments]

    New buddy system video.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Video - Walking and interacting with buddy

    What are your first thoughts on the new buddy system lads.? It looks so cool but we are all going to click on our own buddy trying to catch it . 😊

    These are some key points

    • Your buddy may help you out in Pokémon encounters
    • It can also bring you items that can help you in your Pokémon GO journey.
    • Pokémon that you're Best Buddies with can get a CP boost in combat as long as they're still assigned as your Buddy Pokémon.
    • The distance it takes for your buddy to find Candy will be cut in half.
    submitted by /u/chaitu1204
    [link] [comments]

    Kanto ✅

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:56 AM PST

    TLDR: Just completed the Kanto dex today and wanted very much to share my joy after a whirlwind of events

    After an on and off relationship with PoGo, I was pulled back this year by the introduction of 7km regional hatches together with Mewtwo being available in regular raids. Kanto had always had a special place in my heart and before taking a break, I was left with just the regionals and legendaries to complete the Kanto dex (I remember shouting for joy in the car upon catching Porygon which was my last non-regional/non-legendary mon caught). Imagine my disappointment when I found out I had just missed out on the birds being available in weekly research missions.

    After a roller coaster ride of insane hatch luck (I managed to snag Tauros and Mime fairly early while Kangaskhan was a heart stopper; hatching out of my very last event egg long after the event was over), I was back in the game going all out for Mewtwo while hoping that the legendary birds would eventually return to raids.

    This didn't seem to be the case which led me to take another short break during the flower crown Eevee months until it was announced that they were returning as weekly rewards together with Groudon and Kyogre! A month passed and my excitement was at an all time high after getting an Articuno and Moltres in weeks 1 and 2. This quickly turned to dread as December drew to an end and my count was 3 Articuno, 3 Moltres and no Zapdos.

    Then Giovanni missions were announced with the December legendary being Zapdos and I knew I had to try for Zap one last time regardless of how tough it might be. Taking down the grunts and Rocket leaders were fairly simple enough (with the toughest being Arlo given that I don't have a strong fire mon for Scizor) although finding Giovanni proved a challenge. After an active few hours of searching for Gio around town over the weekend with no luck (my last count was 15 decoys), I decided that the weekend after the Christmas festivities was going to be my last ditch attempt and would have to resort to trading for Zap with a random stranger at raids as a worst case scenario.

    Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a Giovanni stop while trying to clear out the mission to spin 10 pokestops walking home today. Imagine my greater surprise when it really was Giovanni and not a decoy! Well taking down Giovanni was fairly straightforward given that I had mentally prepared weeks in advance and had a perfect counter team ready. Zap was caught in 2 throws and I can now say I've finally completed the Kanto dex!

    If you've made it this far, I hope my writing justifies the whirlwind of emotions I've gone through over the past few months. Catching the last mon in this fashion - by taking down the big bad of Gen 1 adds that little icing on the cake and overall just leaves me feeling really satisfied and accomplished. Most of my friends who started out with me on Day 1 have long left the game which led me to share my joy with an active community who might appreciate this. To those who are still striving at finding that last elusive mon, keep at it! You just never know when you might get a lucky break!

    Now onwards to Johto!

    Completed dex and final catch: https://imgur.com/a/7zh155A

    submitted by /u/Ielw
    [link] [comments]

    All i wanted was a skitty

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:55 PM PST

    So i was informed of how rare this is and so i thought it was funny to share. I started playing this past weekend on community days so i didnt really run into a skitty until today. I think they're adorable so i wanted some. I go to catch it and it was a ditto! I had no idea thats how they hid. Well, i was told skitty is common so its fine I'll find another. I log back into pokemon go a later on. I live on a pokestop and someone put down a lure I which happened to bring in a skitty! I was happy i didnt even need to leave the apartment, so i catch it ofc. But... It was ANOTHER ditto!

    I told a few people who have been playing a long time and they told me that it usually took people days at least sometimes weeks between ditto sightings. It was funny that it happened to me twice in a day on my 3rd day of playing.

    submitted by /u/red-priestess
    [link] [comments]

    We need an in-game report system, and we need it now.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:21 AM PST

    Hi there, I'll try to keep this as short as I can.

    I started playing PoGo around August 2019, and I've been having a blast. I'm a uni student (not American) and was pleased to see that there was a very active PoGo community in my campus, about 30-ish people big. Very talkative, helping each other, answering my questions, doing raids.

    I can easily say this community is what made me stick to the game, and convince two of my friends to install it too.

    So now we got our vacations, and I'll stay 3 months in another city. I got here on December's community weekend event, and quickly went downtown to play it, and find other people doing it too. I found three guys, approached them, and did the event along side them. After it ended, I asked to get into the city's group on discord.

    Boy was it a surprise.

    I don't know if maybe I was too naive, but I was not expecting to find that almost all of them were hackers. The entire conversation is just then sending coordinates for 100 IV Larvitars and such. You know the new shiny gible? Yeah one of them has 8 already. From all around the globe. Gyms? They control it all, who gets what and when. There are two gyms in my neighborhood, and I have no hope of getting any time in them, as they quicky remove my Pokemon.

    After this I went to search for a way to report someone, and quickly found out that basically there is no way. So not only does Niantic turn a blind eye to players activities (ofc this guy caught a gible in 5 different country's in a single day, I guess) but it actively doesn't let players report hackers.

    This experience has drained me from my will to play this game. There is no competition, no community, no interaction and absolutely no fun when you're playing against 20+ hackers. I hope someday this gets sorted out.

    submitted by /u/Kallenoz
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy Adventure coming soon—even more ways to explore, grow, and bond with your buddy!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Eevee buddy candy glitch

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    https://twitter.com/hannahlouise97_/status/1206934799845404672?s=19

    Been walking my eevee to evolve to Umbreon. It got a candy (second screenshot) and then I realised the game shown it walked 0km total.

    submitted by /u/midge-xo
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy pokemon should slowly level up while being walked.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:17 AM PST

    Not a huge amount, even something like every 5 candies earned they gain 1 level, hell even if it capped at level 30 or 35.. getting frustrating walking a rare pokemon for hundreds and hundreds of kilometers only to evolve it at an unusable level

    submitted by /u/thewhorse
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone been losing tons of Stardust?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    I checked my dust yesterday, and it was at 1.1 mil. But when I checked today it said 760k! I didn't even power anything up!

    Anyone have any reasoning?

    submitted by /u/burninan
    [link] [comments]

    I finally found my favorite Shiny Pokemon!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:38 PM PST

    Shiny Scizor! https://imgur.com/gallery/lcJWqns

    I have gone to so many Scyther nests trying to find a shiny but was unsuccessful. During Saturdays Community Day, just as my fiancee and I were heading home, a random scyther popped up. I clicked it and the screaming ensued. Scizor has always been my favorite pokemon, so this was amazing for me.

    I have somewhat of a scizor collection. I have a hundo Scizor, Shiny Scizor (now), Shadow Scizor, and 2 Lucky Scizors. Now all I need is a Shiny Shadow, Shiny Lucky, and maybe hundos for other forms :D

    submitted by /u/xXDevious
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be a Gible Community Day ?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:49 PM PST

    So with shiny gible line being released with this egg event, doesnt that mean there wont be community day featuring it ?

    Usually community day celebrates a new shiny form... which scares me because i rather have a gible community day than hatching 10km eggs only for a chance.

    submitted by /u/geoffreyovereem
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut for shortcuts

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:39 AM PST

    My question is probably more related to android, but how do you use shortcuts for shortcuts? Few days ago i raided with a guy, afterwards he sent pokemons in. But the thing is he just typed 0* and it autofilled "0,1,2*".

    How can you set shortcuts like these? I know it's a custom setting in android but where do you create these autofills?

    submitted by /u/Pedda-Next-Door
    [link] [comments]

    Who else besides me wants to buy more starpieces???

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Come on Niantic. Take my money please. I want to see starpieces not in boxes anymore. Just individual starpieces like I can buy lots of revives. Thanks for listening!!

    submitted by /u/Calicko44
    [link] [comments]

    Star Wars Last Jedi Director Used Pokémon GO To Comment On Angry Fans

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:26 AM PST

    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker launching this week, heated conversation is as prevalent as ever, and The Last Jedi's director Rian Johnson seems to have left a subtle(ish)reaction online. Interestingly, he appears to have chosen the not-so-common medium of Pokémon GO to do just that.

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    I’m clueless about what to ask for for trades

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:37 AM PST

    So I'm korean but I'm staying in pittsburgh for about a month. I've been saving some farfetchd shellos volbeat zangoose lunatone pansage and durant in case I find someone to trade with but I have no idea what to ask for nor how to find people to trade with

    submitted by /u/hanbin5437
    [link] [comments]

    A Great Community Weekend, New Top Lineup!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:15 PM PST

    Just felt like saying last weekend was a great event! As an on/off again player. Felt really cool to jump back in and play catch-up on some things I missed these past years. Really brought groups together again with my more hardcore friends. They could help me, raid and trade for stuff we all missed for a whole weekend!

    Few Metagross, Salamanse, Firechickens, and Mudkips later!

    New top lineup after Community Weekend!

    submitted by /u/MattFush
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter blowing up with folks catching shiny Gible

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 06:42 PM PST

    Probably my greatest accomplishment, let’s be honest

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:01 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/zi61w0V.jpg

    I've been playing since day one, but really started focusing on this medal starting about two years ago.

    Took much longer than I had expected. It's gotten harder to find rats lately, but I guess that's a good thing. It took me 2480 total Ratatas just to get these 300.

    Next up is big Magikarp.

    submitted by /u/bluehairblondeeyes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment