• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Venusaur Sculpture I hand sculpted and painted back in 2016

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:29 AM PST

    Hello. In light of all this starter raids happening right now,wanna show u something I did when I started playing the Pogo. Did all 3 starter last stage evos. But this one is my favorite https://www.deviantart.com/antoniobalicevic/art/Pokemon-Go-Venusaur-Sculpture-646258130

    Hope u like it, and have a nice Sunday

    submitted by /u/ABmodeling
    [link] [comments]

    I can't believe this just happened to me!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:45 PM PST

    Finally got around to complete "catch Aerodactyl" at the same time as I was gonna get my research box. Pretty sure I don't have any more luck this year!

    http://imgur.com/a/M9hiWHh

    submitted by /u/oI_ToXiCz_Io
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't really see the point of this raid day, till I redeemed transferring my Starter unknowingly!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:06 PM PST

    Day 1 player here. Didn't really foresee my interest in the game. Don't remember when I transferred my starter, felt envious of people who have subsequently maxed out their starters.

    Stopped playing frequently for a while, and missed out on the Bulbasaur Community Day apart from a few others.

    Registered the Shinies for all the other 2018 Community Day mons in the year end weekend, except Bulbasaur ofcourse.

    Despite frantic search, it evaded me for months together.

    Then comes this raid day, without any of the exclusive CD moves for the evolved forms.

    Invested all the free passes in Bulbasaur, because which else.

    Finally redeemed myself by registering the shiny with a perfect!

    Perfect Shiny Bulbasaur

    submitted by /u/alsiladka
    [link] [comments]

    Today I created a PokéStop

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:47 AM PST

    A few months ago I became L40 after playing for 3 years for almost every day. Since a few weeks I can nominate interesting places that are eligable for PokéStops, so I did... My nomination came through, the PokéStop is active and I've already spinned it. My little town just got a bit more interesting for the Pokémon players.

    Also you had to see the expression on the face of my 10y old son (he plays too), he was very proud of his dad. Made my day!

    New PokeStop

    submitted by /u/TurboVyv
    [link] [comments]

    Today was one of the best days I've had playing PoGo

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:44 PM PST

    I got the notification about the raid day and I figured I'd go raid a couple Charmander and Charmeleon raids by myself to try to get a shiny to eventually evolve.

    I did a few of those with no shiny luck and mediocre IVs, then checked my local Discord and saw some people were going to meet up nearby to raid some Charizards. I only had 1 Charizard before today so I figured I'd get a couple more.

    Met up with the group and started raiding, which was already fun, because the weather was great here today and we got the 5 free passes. Finished up the 2nd Charizard raid and I was shocked and amazed when I got this:

    https://i.imgur.com/9lem8Qm.jpg

    submitted by /u/RahvinDragand
    [link] [comments]

    There is NO Reason Raids Should still be this Broken

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:58 AM PST

    As many of you know, despite having a countdown of the exact smount of time you're supposed to have for a Raid, if you knock out the Raid Pokémon as the timer ends, the animation of shrinking can actually cause you to fail the Raid, even if you've obviously taken out their health. This is one of the worst 'bugs' (In quotation, because it's been happenig for too long to not be a feature at this point) in GO and easily makes Raiding even more of a chore than it already feels like. We have Raid Days for Legendaries, we've had weeks dedicated to Raids, and Community Day like events for them too. How is it that after so much time, Raids have not been improved or touched except maybe in how they reward you overtime?

    -Can't start Raids faster than 120 seconds with a Private Group

    -Can't preview moves of Pokémon to have a better chance

    -Lack of options for more solo/rural players to complete Raids

    -Raid Timers make solo/low player Raids unfun when they don't work right

    This is supposedly one of the main gameplay mechanics in GO, but receives no love from Niantic.

    And yes, I made this post because I couldn't solo a Tier 3 Weather Boosted Alolan Raichu and I have good counters. It came down to the timer ending before the animation 3 whole times before I walked home defeated.

    submitted by /u/ChrisGoFrost
    [link] [comments]

    Gangster Krabby...

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:08 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/BCAkoy8.jpg

    I would say that this is dangerous and not to let your Pokémon watch too many viral youtube videos, but truth is a Krabby with a knife would probably be LESS dangerous than with its pincers.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    This week was a blast for me

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    Maybe not the biggest PoGo luck for you guys,but for me,it was. This week just started to be a casual week,but it turned out to be the best. I caught 5 hundo mon at Monday,Tuesday,Friday and Saturday. Even my buddy didn't belived it how lucky I was.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/XUQSIQH

    submitted by /u/HunSpino
    [link] [comments]

    [Story] The return of Pikalawyer - success! And sample letter for others to follow in similar situations

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:56 PM PST

    People might remember the post I put up a few weeks ago at the last community day where police were apparently called by park security after I refused to leave public grounds.

    I had promised redditors I would give an update once I get a response.

    Well it's been a success - I received a response earlier this week and I do consider the matter closed. The head of management has given the standard apology for the behaviour of the park constables on the day - which was expected. They also mentioned that all park staff will be given training to ensure that no future pokemon go players should be disturbed in such a manner (the major aim of my letter in the first place).

    Interestingly the official investigation line is that the police weren't called, but that community policing patrols the park generally and liaises with park constables. I am slightly unsure of the veracity of that statement since I am in the park for community days quite often and patrolling Gardaí isn't the most common sight... I'm not going to push it further on this point as one might see in my complaint letter my main aim is to get the correct treatment for pokemon go players. Going down this rabbit hole of *exactly* what happened and if people are still not being entirely truthful can lead to unemployment for someone I imagine and that's not what I want for anyone involved.

    So all in all I am quite pleased with the result of the action. I did think that redditors may find a "complaint letter" (suitably redacted for privacy) useful if something similar happens to you on public grounds - I've uploaded the 4 pages of the letter (with a little extra Pikachu and comments) for anyone who may be interested

    https://imgur.com/Mj5sMJp - page 1

    https://imgur.com/PHC9g1f - page 2

    https://imgur.com/0pZiF7N - page 3

    https://imgur.com/6qTZxV7 - page 4 - the last photo at the bottom was taken with some of fellow PoGo community players - it was still mostly a happy day for all :)

    The original post describing my story can be found here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/dxd5ae/psa_how_to_stand_up_to_bullies_fight_heat_with/

    Thank you redditors for all the words of support also on the day.

    submitted by /u/thirdfoxes
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Shortcut for quickly checking raid boss counters

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:53 AM PST

    I'm quite new here, and not sure if there are existing apps or tools on iOS that can quickly check counters for raid battles. I did a quick search and couldn't find such app, so I decided to create a Shortcut myself. Please let me know if there are better tools out there.

    Here is a screen recording of the Shortcut in use. Basically, when I took a screenshot and trigger the Shortcut by Siri (or use a Shortcut widget), the Shortcut can recognize Pokemon's name in the screenshot, find its type(s), and show its weaknesses (and strengths). Then I can also view the webpages to explore its counters per type. Finally, it will send me back to the game directly.

    I'm not sure if anyone else would find this Shortcut useful. But if you are interested in this, lemme know, and I can try to polish it a little bit and share it publicly.

    https://reddit.com/link/e7ty0a/video/ksq6s78tde341/player

    submitted by /u/stevenliuyi
    [link] [comments]

    What is your dream feature that you know will never be implemented?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:34 PM PST

    As a person who works third shift and stays on a third shift schedule I would want some sort of night mode that you could oped-in your account with. So all the events and raids would basically be flipped by 12 hours. I know thats never going to happen but would be awesome for all us nocturnal folk.

    submitted by /u/delta44
    [link] [comments]

    Sinnoh stones in the evolve event?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:18 PM PST

    The evolved event is supposed to be all about special evolution items, so I was really hoping I would get a chance at another couple of sinnoh Stones this week. Are they dropping from level 5 raids? The only thing I've seen is the normal not-so-useful evolution items.

    submitted by /u/HexpronePlaysPoorly
    [link] [comments]

    Go plus issues?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:56 AM PST

    Hello fellow trainers. Is anyone else having trouble with their go plus or gotcha? Mine connects just fine but the detection on it seems to be nerfed or something. It only seems to work when my screen is on, and even then it's extremely slow to detect a pokemon or a pokestop. Is this just a one off for me or has anyone else noticed this or something similar. Any solutions or fixes? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

    Chris

    submitted by /u/chrischampeon777
    [link] [comments]

    Probably best discord server for spoofers

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    Perfect Male Kirlia. Now what?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:55 AM PST

    I've got a perfect male Kirlia and I'm able to evolve it into either Gardevoir or Gallade but I'm not sure which would be better. I'm not usually the person that likes to number crunch and min-max games but I figure I didn't want to regret my decision later.

    Extra info if it matters. The current cp is 552 and I'm level 30. Also I'm more of a rural player and rarely battle in raids but do occasionally place my Pokémon in gyms when able.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/scubaman1292
    [link] [comments]

    Failed to Authenticate

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Went to church this morning and play some PGO, got a Shadow Houndour (SCORE! That's my favorite fire type), when services started I turned off my phone with the game still running.

    and now when I try to get back into the game it wants me to sign in, but each time I do it says "Failed to Authenticate" and I know the password is right because my account was created through google.

    I tried turning off the phone, uninstalling and reintalling Pokemon Go

    Nothing works... I really want to get back to my Houndour, want to name him Lucifer

    submitted by /u/HawlSera
    [link] [comments]

    Spawns

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:40 AM PST

    I saw a dragonair on nearby, but as I walked towards that pokéstop it spawned somewhere in the middle instead of right around the pokéstop. Is this the dragonair of the pokéstop or just another one?

    submitted by /u/alex0x417
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye Rocksnake

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:38 PM PST

    So my girlfriend is pretty new to the game and she has gotten into catching Pokémon. Yesterday her account was logged onto my phone (cause she uses my phone when she leaves hers home) and I forgot when shiny checking and found a shiny onix, I got stoked cause I've been wanting a gold steelix since it was brought into the game. We made a deal to trade shinys (the onix for my alolan vulpix) as soon as she got a little more stardust. Well today she was looking at the precious green onix and decided it had bad IVs so she didn't want it around. Now I'm devastated because you guessed it, she transferred the wonderful collection of green goodness that was a shiny onix.

    TL;DR my girlfriend transferred a shiny onix because of its IVs

    submitted by /u/MikeMert3ns
    [link] [comments]

    It's good to walk your phone every day

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:46 PM PST

    I walked around for two hours today, got three shinies and one hundo. The raid bosses are so so, but the evolution event has been great. Burma is by far my favorite mon, I could't stop pinapping every single one I encountered.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/InL6hjf

    submitted by /u/kfmaster
    [link] [comments]

    My first perfect.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:02 PM PST

    After a bit of catching, decided it was time to go home and right before I left I decided to click on the eevee that was there. So glad I did. Turns out it was perfect. So happy. http://imgur.com/gallery/DWezA8M

    submitted by /u/elushive
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Centers

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:45 AM PST

    Niantic should add different Pokestops where you only get potions/revives and call them PokeCenters or something. It would balance the game so more people will be able to get potions, since potions are a huge problem for most players, including me. If Niantic ever add PokeCenters where you can heal your Pokemon for free, it would probably be very inconvenient, you would probably have to wait a specific amount of time before your Pokemon would be healed to full health.

    These new "PokéCenters" would give you mostly potions, with a small chance of balls or berries (much like normal pokestops, but with balls and berries instead of potions). Unlike normal stops, you have to wait 10 mins instead of 5. They would be put into the game by replacing current pokestops with these new "PokéCenters".

    Most players would love this feature, and we have been wanting a feature like this for long now. I think this way would benefit both the players and Niantic.

    submitted by /u/Isak0336
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't catch a Golbat

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:25 AM PST

    Whyyyy? Why it is so hard to catch? I have been playing on and off for nearly 1 year and am now level 30. But I just couldn't throw the curveball inside his ring. It seems to be so far away. I waited him to fly low and hit him with the straight ball, but he broke out every time. It's so frustrating ahhhh. Do you have any tips? Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/lucyatthecorner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment