• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Pokémon GO - They both give me the same look 🙄

    Pokémon GO - They both give me the same look ��


    They both give me the same look ��

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Spring into spring almost perfect IV Riolu.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I’ve waited 4 years for this moment (kinda)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Recently got back into this game after being on and off for the past 4 years. Anyways I was doing my daily lap around the park when I encountered https://imgur.com/a/0pvf6ns.

    First shiny I've ever encountered and caught!

    submitted by /u/Nach0Nacho0
    [link] [comments]

    Should all leagues be available in battle league?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    Bit of a rant but since master league was released yesterday I can barely win one game out of a set. The highest CP mon I have is 3000CP and I'm getting paired with people with Dialga's that are 4000 CP. This with the lag at some stages basically makes the game basically unplayable. Plus, it takes the fun out of the game for other people when the CPs are so mismatched.

    Should all leagues be available in battle league? Or at least should other leagues be available when the master league is available? Being limited to the master league means that I'm losing pretty much every game that I play.

    submitted by /u/LTedeschiR
    [link] [comments]

    Master League

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    First and foremost, I like the battle league despite its slight imperfections. For the Master League, I really think it ought to be renamed the "Veteran's League" for reasons I'll elaborate on.

    Considering how immobilized much of the world is with the Coronavirus, the PoGo Battle League is the only thing I can really rely on to have fun with the app. I am not a rural player, but I live in an area where Pokestops are out of reach due to travel restrictions and areas being shut down, and where I live, Pokémon barely spawn. Brass tax: the Battle League is my cup of tea in this time of quarantine.

    That noted, I haven't been playing PoGo since 2016. I started back in October of 2019, and the strongest Pokémon I have are between 3000CP-3300CP including Metagross, Garchomp, Regigigas, Rhyperior, and Gyarados to name a few. They're decent Pokémon, and Regigigas was the only real legendary I consider strong being as I encountered it weather boosted during an EX-Raid. Even so, he isn't viable in the slightest for PvP.

    I don't have Dialga, Giratina, Togekiss (despite hatching 500+ eggs which is plainly unlucky I'll admit), and other A-/S-Tier Pokemon, but until now, I've held my own in the Battle League. Great League was a lot of fun. After a lot of team building, I had a reliable Medicham, Altaria, and Raichu to lead me to a good deal of victories. For Giratina League—I mean Ultra League—I ended up resorting to Glaceon to win me the majority of my battles (which is a Pokémon so far off the meta that I don't think people expected it to be as viable as it was). With Glaceon, Swampert, and an armored MewTwo I had just enough candy to get to 2400CP, I had a good team.

    Putting Great League and Ultra League together, I won 284/520 battles after a lot of team-building and coordination. This season is where I worked out all of my team's kinks due to really having no idea what the Battle League was last season. Despite some connection issues, and even considering some rage-inducing moments, it was fun to battle. I didn't even need to use Premium Passes to succeed—I found I was easily winning 3-4 battles on average per set in both leagues. By the end of both leagues, I was Rank8. The Master League, however, is another story.

    It lives up to what it says: Master League. Even my best team after trial and error—3300 Garchomp, 3100 Gyarados, and 3200 Rhyperior—can't stop the Pokémon that they counter when those Pokémon are at 4000+CP.

    For a league that is littered with legendaries (which on one note I'll complain that legendaries are generally speaking the only Pokémon that can exceed 4000CP where others cap-out at ~3000CP), the few legendaries I have and other Pokémon in general don't match up to this league at all. I've held my own in the Battle League thus far with a win rate I'm pretty proud of, but for these next few weeks of Master League, you're out for the count if you've been playing less than a year. It's almost as if you have to have played PoGo since 2016 to even contend in this league.

    I have no problem attending raids in my city (and before the Coronavirus, I would do Raid Hour every Wednesday with a crew of 15), but viable Pokémon for PvP haven't been in cycle in ages. I've never even seen a Dialga raid for example. When I joined into the party back in October, Groudon/Kyogre/Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres where in cycle for the research packages. Lately we've had Woobat, Ferroseed, Lapras, and the God-Tier Alolan Exeggutor to "look forward to." While yes, Giratina was an encounterable Pokemon for the Battle League and Raids last month, you had a 1/10 chance at best to encounter him in the Battle League and maybe get 6 candy with him if you Pinap'd him.

    My county is locked down, so the Battle League is all that makes this game fun right now. I've held my own and had a lot of fun until now, but now I can't even compete due to how young my account is. I haven't even had the ability to get these PvP-viable Pokémon for this league. The best hope I have is to let my win rate tank and collect my "participation stardust" to power up my Pokémon, but even if they're powered up, there's no way I can acquire the Pokémon viable for this league right now... not when Alolan Exegguctor is the saving grace Niantic has "blessed us" with.

    And man, I was really looking forward to using my Garchomp against Dialga in this league. Although it counters it hypothetically, a 4000+CP Dialga with Dragons Breath absolutely mops the floor with my hopes and dreams. After playing the Battle League for these two seasons, I'm wondering if that move of Dragons Breath is the problem. All the S-Tier Pokémon (Altaria, Giratina, Dialga) can learn it, and I honestly think they wouldn't be as viable if that Fast Move wasn't as powerful as it is.

    I've battled my hardest and enjoyed the time I did with the Battle League, but with how restricted the world is right now, I'm not having fun with this app now. There's nothing enjoyable for me to do with how PvP is structured and how the meta currently is, and I really consider it a bummer. There's a lot more potential in this already-good game that isn't being tapped into, and I think that some improvements to PvP (matchmaking, connection, viability/meta) could really make PoGo more fun.

    I'll lose my battles for my participation stardust in the meantime, but I'll be eagerly expecting the return of Great and Ultra League in the coming weeks when we can choose between the 3 Leagues again.

    submitted by /u/KingKohoutek
    [link] [comments]

    First time noticing that Chingling is hollow. How does this mon even function..

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    I caught a shiny minccino at work and she sat on the counter!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I think it's a bit fun that Marill got featured in the event just because he kind of looks like an egg.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/gDTlwIl.jpg

    Of course, if and when you tell it that, be respectful. Some of them get a bit shocked when they realize.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone I'm going against has pokemon 2000 cp higher then me

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Dont get me wrong I dont expect every game in go league to be fair and obviously some will not and you have stronger opponents but I have played 5 matches in a row in masters league and everyone has consistent had pokemon atleast 2000 cp higher than mine

    submitted by /u/itsmarionetteXx
    [link] [comments]

    The luckiest 2 days of my PoGo life

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    After losing so much GBL matches, I've just casually hatching my 2k eggs now. Luck is finally on my side (Or it takes more than luck). Got a hundo riolu yesterday and today I got the shiny one. image

    submitted by /u/tazakkacaya
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any bug or exploit in GBL where opponent switches pokemon while you are busy with the charge attack animation ?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    I have observed this now quite a few times for instance, My lead kyogre was up against opponents lead Togekiss. My kyogre's surf got charged and I am sure that my opponent hadn't switched pokemon until then. I got busy with the shit animation to get excellent for surf and then when it got ready...BOOM ! It was dragonite in front with surf being not very effective.

    submitted by /u/football_fan_0696
    [link] [comments]

    Since the last update the app won't remain active unless I am physically using it.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    So for as long as I have played Pokemon Go, I have been able to have the active sat on my desk on charge as sometimes my character will wander about and find some pokemon to catch, but as of the last update it will go inactive after 60s of no use and I can't for the life of me find an option that will only stop that for Pokemon Go. I can find one that will do it for all apps or no apps, but that's not particularly useful. Does any one have any idea?

    I am using a OnePlus 3, Android Version 9.0.6 Oxygen

    Edit: To clarify, if I leave the app running on my desk after 60 seconds it will go to the lock screen.

    submitted by /u/runtman
    [link] [comments]

    3 Shiny Combo - Story of my life

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    So today I decided to clean my flat before easter. But before cleaning I wanted to put some eggs in incubators. So I opened pogo and chikorita spawned. It was a shiny so I caught it, put eggs and started cleaning. Thanks to adventure sync after a while I received a notification that something is about to hatch. Well, It was a shiny riolu. Caught it and completed daily research quest (hatch 3 eggs) and then I picked up a reward. Guess what? A shiny alolan exeggutor :D I Couldn't believe it. It was the luckiest day in my pogo life.

    https://imgur.com/a/oI3iYcK

    PS. gps drifted too far with chikorita, all caught in my room :)

    Ps.2 another one hatched in a sock :) https://imgur.com/a/ZMSgsts

    Happy Easter!

    submitted by /u/DoDitto
    [link] [comments]

    Pikachu is the worst pokemon.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Feel free to disagree but the amount of balls it takes to catch even a low CP Pikachu is absurd. They're always adding more hats thus making them un-mass-transferable (if thats even a word), stats are shocking and they're just a waste of time.

    submitted by /u/hinkypuunk
    [link] [comments]

    Wurmple evolve

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    Is there a reliable way to choose which evolution you get for wurmple? I've heard people say either evolve day or night but that hasn't worked for me I've evolved eight different ones now and got silcoon everytime. I know cascoon isn't the best but I need it for my hoenn gold medal.

    submitted by /u/joystivk
    [link] [comments]

    Giovanni

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to find Giovanni? I've gone to like a bunch of stops and only found rocket grunts. Please help!!

    submitted by /u/flash514
    [link] [comments]

    Can't open the app?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    I'll see the Niantic screen for about a second and then I'm forced back to my iPhone's home screen.

    I've done everything I can think of. I've updated the app. I've deleted and reinstalled. I turned my phone off and on again. I've updated my iPhone. This happened once months ago and as far as I can remember the issue resolved itself I think after not too long. Maybe a few days. But it's been well over a week now and I still can't open the app! :(

    submitted by /u/TheRedMaiden
    [link] [comments]

    Unova Stones

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Am I the only one that hasn't EVER seen one? Supposedly, you can get one on the 7th day of research but no luck at all so far and I've been going at this for a while. I've had multiple of everything else, but this item, I have never seen. Is this item just the rarest of the bunch?

    submitted by /u/Audioout16
    [link] [comments]

    How do you reliably counter Dialga?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Once again, a monstrously bulky Steel type is distorting the meta. Makes a change from Registeel for a fortnight, I suppose.

    Title, basically: I feel like fighting types cap too low and are useless against the rest of the meta; fire types only do neutral, and everyone except Heatran is useless against the rest of the meta (and I've not got one anyway); Togekiss only does neutral and has to shield (and might even go down hard if it's a Steel fast move); Earthquake is great, but also really obvious, and Dialga is so strong you have to bait successfully otherwise you never get a chance to land it.

    How do you consistently deal with the big metal b*stard, to the point where you cackle in glee at the switch in?

    submitted by /u/ogsonofsanta
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to completely miss out on some Team Go Rocket Special Research?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Currently I am stuck on Looming In the Shadows. I am wondering if I will still have access to A Challenging Development that was released in December 2019?

    Or will I completely miss all the special research during the past 5 months that I haven't been playing?

    submitted by /u/Krunos811
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice regarding evolution and stats for PvP please!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    I know this kind of thing has probably been asked a hundred times but I've been reintroduced to the game after around 4 years of not playing and a lot has changed!

    I'm going to evolve a Geodude to Golem and a Chancey to a Blissey; both for PvP and raid use. Annoyingly for both I have a low CP/high IV and a high CP/low IV version and am ensure which I should use my candies on to evolve.

    My level: 25

    -Chansey 1: CP 808, IVs: Atk 10, Def 9, HP 2

    -Chansey 2: CP 515, IVs: Atk 13, Def 12, HP 11

    -Geodude 1: CP 922, IVs: Atk 5, Def 12, HP 6

    -Geodude 2: CP 717, IVs: Atk 15, Def 12, HP 10

    As you can see for both of these, the lower CP version has much better IVs but will require more stardust to power up after evolution.

    Any advice would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sotondoc
    [link] [comments]

    Well, my government approved exercise was productive

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Just another 300 candy before I'll have a nice Great League flex.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/UOr8uRO

    submitted by /u/Voyager87
    [link] [comments]

    Master league team

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    I'm currently at level 30 and I would like to play master league, but I don't really have any high cp pokemons. I have enough beldum candy to power up metagross up to 3000+ and I could also power up my dragonite to around 3000. I have also around 70 rare candy, but can't really choose where to use them. My options are tyranitar, landorus, weavile and magneton to magnezone. I also have a 2000cp gyarados, but I would prefer to save magikarp candies to another gyarados, because of a special task.

    submitted by /u/frisbeeguy97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment