• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Stuff trainers are asking about this week mini thread (ios 14 is not supported Giovanni tricks you out of pokemon and more)

    Pokémon GO - Stuff trainers are asking about this week mini thread (ios 14 is not supported Giovanni tricks you out of pokemon and more)


    Stuff trainers are asking about this week mini thread (ios 14 is not supported Giovanni tricks you out of pokemon and more)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    I have noticed a lot of repetitive questions this week, and in an effort to consolidate them all and de clutter the sub of reposts I will work on compiling the most reposted questions of the week.

    First, IOS 14 is not supported. There is no firm date on when it will, but I would not expect it to be supported before it leaves beta

    The white circle around the Pokemon that spawns at your feet is a daily 1 Pokemon incense.

    The black shadow on the ground is cast by a team Rocket balloon. Zoom out to fight them.

    Make sure you have a slot free in your Pokemon storage before fighting any team rocket or you will miss out on capturing their shadow mon later. Giovanni and the other balloon Team Rocket members will not allow you to try to capture the mon again.

    There also appears to possibly be a bug where certain attacks will not do damage to Rocket leaders.

    Yes we know there is a walking distance bug and even the spoofers arent walking to the sun and back...

    Dittos are still available in 11 or so different pokemon such as paras and foongus. Capture everything and pray for good luck.

    You cannot evolve the recent event Pokemon. We all hate it.


    For some clarity on sub rules. We allow AR Photos as direct link posts, as many of you have noticed. We trust in the users here to upvote or downvote photos they do not like.

    We also do allow non AR screenshots but they need to be formatted differently per rule 2B. This is to help weed out low effort and repetitive screenshots. Here is an example of a post properly formatted for non AR screenshots.


    Feel free to ask any questions and to answer any questions as well

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    The nurse came in to check on me before surgery.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Why Niantic why

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    So recently I caught shiny alolan meowth and immediately evolved him and thought it would be cool to share

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:04 AM PDT

    Pokemon Go is getting real fun even in quarrantine since I don't live near a pokestop or a gym, Thank you Niantic.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    One of my favorite shiny’s!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    It's back!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    "Your Collection Is Full"

    In the four years I have played PoGo the factor most contributing to my frustration with the game has undoubtedly been the insufficient storage, especially because there is no adequate functionality in the game to manage your collection. As a result this management is a horrible tedious time consuming frustrating chore fiddling about on this tiny screen that has only become worse with the increasing number of new and different Mons, with Special Moves from Community Days, Shinies, Shinies with Special Moves. Legacy Moves, Mons with hats, sunglasses, flowers, extras for trading etc. Plus male and female ones (when is that going to be something that has a function in the game?).

    Has anyone ever calculated how many different Mons are currently in the game with all these distiguishing varieties and combination of characteristics? I have a shiny Ratticate with Party hat for instance. How many are there in the game with two or even three (special moves) of these properties on top of all the 'regular' ones?

    Very shortly after the introduction of the game, when the API was cracked, websites emerged where people could access their collection after logging in there and as I understood (I never used those sites myself) do some managing of their collection. This should have told Niantic that this is a feature the players have a need for and wish to have. The fact they appeared so soon, made by enthusiastic amateurs, also tells us they aren't hard to make.

    With the increasing size of our collections this need has only grown exponentially, but still Niantic doesn't get this is a feature they should add to the game. A web-app where you could simply see at a glance which properties Pokies have, like those Legacy Moves, so you might not want to delete them, after all.... it's a collecting game. Where you could apply filters, mass rename some. Add additional tags, create battle teams. List movesets and apply TM's to create and name those battle teams intended for specific Raid/Team Rocket opponents. Etc. etc. All on a nice big PC monitor instead of that tiny awkward horribly inadequate phone screen. We only settle for that small screen on the road because carrying a PC with us is not really practical. But when I have that big screen available to me I want to be able to use it.

    Only once, the last time, did Niantic increase the maximum storage capacity in time before it's limit would cause a problem. The time before that was a few weeks after the introduction of Team Rocket and Shadow Pokémon. Too little too late for me. My storage was filled to the brim at the time and making space for these new versions was a seriously annoying task causing me to develop a huge dislike for this new feature and deleting these Shadow beasts. Before the latest special tasks where you have to engage these Rocketeers I had done less than 25 of these battles. (Another gripe is not having a user interface where you can view the moveset of the Mons while you select them for any battle - how inadequate is that?)

    It has taken four years to gather these high IV Mons, so if I have several of 96% or higher (or even slightly lower) I am not likely to be willing to delete them because I know how much time and effort has gone into collecting them. And people can have many different reasons for wanting to keep certain beasts, like having caught them on a holiday location. 'Souvenir Pokémon'. It's just as valid a reason for wanting to keep them as any other. I started to collect 'Baby Pokémon' long before they actually appeared in the game. Level 1 beasties. Just for fun. I have had to stop because of lack of space. This annoys me because Niantic is forcing me to alter my gameplay and takes away my freedom of choice and reduces my enjoyment of the game. Sure, I have lots of different Pikachu's and several of them. But thinning them out is part of this annoying chore without a proper instrument like that web application to help us do that. I also keep these low IV Poliwraths and others that had the highest CP in the game at the time and I spent candy and dust on because in the early phase of the game they 'served me well' by being of a higher CP that allowed a higher ranking in the gym hierarchy, before I had enough candy to evolve my first Dragonite or Gyarados. They are the memorabilia Pokémon reminding me of that time in the game. I want to be able to do that.

    So I want more storage space Niantic. And I know I am not the only one. I am the tip of a sizeable iceberg I suspect. I estimate that 85% of the time I have been plagued by having too little storage space and having to search through my collection deciding which to delete. A time wasting chore I hate with a passion. I bet I'm not the only one with that dislike. And yes... I know other people have other approaches to the game and basically only collect one of each. Some of those people think the rest of the world should do as they do and don't see a problem and are eager to 'point that out'. They don't understand that taking yourself as 'The Norm' is a rather arrogant view disrespecting the differing approaches that other people quite rightfully have. If you respect my way of playing the game I will respect yours. OK? With so many people playing the game it is completely inevitable people play the game with different objectives. Just understand and respect that.

    You have made this a collecting game Niantic. You keep introducing new Pokémon with every Community Day and outside of these. You don't tell someone to collect all the stamps in the world and then give them one stamp collecting book. Our storage need keeps increasing when you keep introducing these new Mons. Just give us 4k max space for Items and Pokémon and have done with it. Relieve us of the frustrations associated with managing our collection by removing much of the need to do so because of adequate storage space. Oh... and people will spend coins to purchase that extra space. Isn't that what you want?

    In addition, FINALLY give the players this online possibility to manage their inventories. I absolutely GUARANTEE this will be received with much acclaim by the players.

    submitted by /u/HumanWithComputer
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite little guy absolutely loved and devoured his food

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    A great friend of mine passed away a few years back i’ve been thinking about him recently scrolling through old photos and stumbled across this masterpiece from when the game first launched him chillin with the homie venonat

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    My 12YO son left me on read. Guess there goes my Pokémon buddy! They grow up so fast

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Enjoying the my walking shade tree while hiking. ��

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    I think he’s mad at me

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    This Team Rocket stuff is cool and all, but when we gonna get my favorite Fairy-type ‘mon so I can start wrecking some Giratinayoufatlards?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    If you are out of revives

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    This is probably well known but if you are out of revives you can instead power up your Pokémon and it will be barely alive and you can then use a potion on them to bring them to full health.

    submitted by /u/jorellh1
    [link] [comments]

    I think she's jealous

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    My wailer can’t fit anywhere

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    My first shiny! Caught during Jessie and James Team Rocket encounter. So hyped!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    The realization

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Me and my gf at the beach

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Finally got this shiny boy

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    What would you do? Keep shadow or purify?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Suicune

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    What is the best/most powerful eeveelution?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    I have almost all the eeveelutions on pokemon go, and I was wondering if there was like, a superior eeveelution. I've noticed that Umbreon has a lower CP than the others, and that my Vaporeon has the highest.

    submitted by /u/Tapu_Pokemon
    [link] [comments]

    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    So I've recently started playing Pokemon Go, so you see I don't really have many strong Pokemon, after the start of this event, I also wanted suicine but the problem was Giovanni and the absence of strong Pokemon required to beat him, I tried with almost all of my Pokemon but kept losing, I kept powering up my Pokemon and spent almost all of my Stardust and with the team of Hariyama, Glaceon and Raichu ,I finally beat him.I was all excited and joyful that yeah I did it, I finally did it and then I moved forward to catch Suicine just to find out that my Pokemon Storage was full and by the time I managed the Pokemon storage, his balloon had floated away and I also lost my super rocket radar. So all I want to ask is if there's a way I can retrieve the super rocket radar again?

    submitted by /u/i_A2B3C
    [link] [comments]

    Do stickers take up item bag space?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    I have a ton of stickers and it feels like my item bag doesn't have near the limit I actually have. Do stickers take up item space?

    submitted by /u/Blue_Skies95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment