• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 25, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Welcome Back - An Update & Clarification

    Pokémon GO - Welcome Back - An Update & Clarification


    Welcome Back - An Update & Clarification

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    Hi trainers,

    As you were probably aware, we took the decision to make the sub private over the last 24 hours. Along with many other subreddits we were protesting against the hiring of Aimee Challenor to the Reddit staff admin team and their handling of a scenario where a moderator posted a topical link to a news article mentioning this person in r/UKPolitics and then being banned by Reddit's algorithms they had set in place to protect said admin from abuse. Since then, the movement gained massive traction across Reddit and also in mainstream media with articles in Metro and The Verge amongst others.

    This evening Reddit issued a statement and update on the situation here The moderators here at r/PokemonGo felt this is adequate grounds to reopen the subreddit to all users. We apologise again for the downtime but thank you all so much for your understanding and messages of support that we received throughout this blackout. Please remember to follow all rules when posting content again onto the subreddit and we're looking forward to having you all back again. Lets get out there trainers!

    submitted by /u/IThund3rSt0rMI
    [link] [comments]

    I know that other factors play a role (CP,IV...etc).

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    Dear PoGo...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    RIP Sam ‘Chinook101’ George

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    We've lost a legend this week. Everyone please pour one out for Sam 'Chinook101' George. One of the older players you sometimes come across, Sam was always willing to jump in and help you out whether he knew you or not. Raids, catching tips, nests, grinding locations..if you had a question, Sam took his time to help you. He was definitely an amazing man to know, and this little game was the only reason a lot of players got the chance to meet him. Sam was also a decorated Vietnam war veteran. He'll be missed by more people than he probably realizes, but his simple acts of kindness never went unnoticed.

    RIP Sam. you were a hell of a dude.

    Obituary

    submitted by /u/otter_gangfg4
    [link] [comments]

    Joining his team ��

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    This is a sad time

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    Look at my happy little bomb

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I was pretty sure I saw those clothes before, but I didn’t remember where...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    Finally got my Best Buddy badge! But the placement is.... interesting.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    Rural player. Husband wants to move to a more rural area. Thinks you can catch Pikachu at a grocery store.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    Husband is aware that I play semi-hardcore. In his mind however, I just catch Pikachu, and I roll with it cuz it's easy.

    Took me 3 years to create 7 Poke Stops and 3 gyms where we currently live in the middle of nowhere. Husband wants to move to a bigger house. We go to see it.

    I open the game to see what it's like. Nothing on the map. No spawn, no stop, no gym for at least 5 miles. I jokingly comment that the house is great, but terrible for playing Pokémon.

    His reply,

    Why are you worried? There's a Walmart nearby!

    Is it obvious that he doesn't play?

    For the record: I have never been to Walmart for the sake of playing. 🤷‍♂️

    submitted by /u/FrozenBr33ze
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way we could make a petition to send to NIANTIC to get a Chansey with a Nurses’ Hat for all Healthcare workers?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    My partner, who works at a hospital, got me back into Pokémon Go last year and all the hat Pokémon gave me an idea: NIANTIC should give an exclusive Nurse Hat Chansey to all Healthcare workers for their hard work.

    In my opinion this isn't game breaking, but I think it would be a very kind gesture for all of their sacrifice and hard work, while being topical and a reference to the anime!

    Anyone know how we could get a petition for this going?

    submitted by /u/withhiscupnspoon
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever legendary! Took me 3 tries lol

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    skiploom enjoying the white bloom(s) this past wknd! ��

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    Methods for getting more Stardust

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    So hey folks, I recently wrote an article that I'm hoping will help some newer players out / maybe surprise some players who missed out on a detail or two regarding Stardust:

    Link if anyone would be interested - (https://www.theclick.gg/games/pokemon/pokemon-go-how-to-earn-stardust-in-2021/)

    If anyone does decide to give it a read, let me know if I missed anything, I've been playing basically daily for around 6 months now so I feel like I have a good handle on the game at least in the PVE side, but of course, that doesn't mean I have no blind spots.

    I covered all of:

    • hatching eggs,
    • weather boost,
    • Pokemon with permanently increased stardust on capture (i.e Trubbish gives 750.
      • Related, Audino gives 2.1k per capture when I looked into it... which is absurdly high, actually. Does anyone know why that is?
    • using star pieces
    • Daily catch bonus
    • Battles
    • and Gifts

    Feeding berries at gyms also gets a mention for its 30 stardust a pop, but didn't really seem like it needed its own segment

    Don't think I missed anything? Feel free to correct me though.

    I also write quite a lot of Pokemon Go coverage on the same website if anyone would be interested in that, though you can just access that by clicking my name or browsing the Pokemon tag.

    submitted by /u/Fjarunsigr
    [link] [comments]

    Second best right next to the confetti on tour kanto confetti

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Have shiny rates gone down?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    I haven't caught one in literally months. Have they become more difficult to catch? I used to catch them on a regular basis.

    submitted by /u/Bovver420
    [link] [comments]

    Let me see how the photo came out !

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    Help! Why can't I transfer Pokemon

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    I'm trying to transfer Kanto Pokemon from Go to Let's Go and Home won't let me move a single one. Do I need to reach a certain part of Let's Go before that can happen?

    submitted by /u/vesicantmendicant
    [link] [comments]

    Photobombed, excuse me sir

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    how the heck do I catch a ditto

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    I've had the lets go meltan research for like a year and I haven't seen a single ditto. idk if I'm doing something wrong

    submitted by /u/pheniox112
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever seen a shadow shundo?

    ( a shadow shiny hundo IV?)

    If so is has anyone seen a mewtwo one? I've been looking online and I can't find any photos ? Post yours if you see them please ! Thanks

    submitted by /u/Tacotimetim69
    [link] [comments]

    What were the most underwhelming Pokemon in Go for you?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    I'm planning on writing a piece or two about underwhelming Pokemon in Go at some stage so I figured I'd ask here and get some other opinions to inform it a bit more, plus could be a fun discussion.

    Personally, Altaria really wound me up because it took so long to get enough candy, and then with a lot of stardust and candy investment it could be... like 2k CP max.

    I suspect this is due to Mega Altaria but damn was it disappointing to find out that 400 candy investment got me a Pokedex entry and naught else.

    submitted by /u/Fjarunsigr
    [link] [comments]

    Theyre getting along.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Help me make up my mind, please.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    I was readying up my team for rayquaza and I realized I have a 98% IV shadow snover ( I removed frustration). What's the very best use for it?

    Consider I have a functional rayquaza team already, with big mamoswines and such.
    It's mostly a matter of min/maxing things.
    I just want to know what the ideal use for shadow snover is.
    As I understand, it can't be mega-evolved unless I purify it and regular mega-abomasnow is just miles ahead of shadow abomasnow in terms of raw dps.

    Before I purify it and evolve it, is there anything obvious I'm missing??
    Because I don't quite see the point of having shadow houndoom and shadow abomasnow if they can't be mega-evolved and the mega-evolutions are straight up better.

    submitted by /u/Dadosh
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else noticed that Smeargle is showing up more often?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    I used to go what seemed like months without getting photo bombed, but I've gotten 4-5 in the last week.

    submitted by /u/iluvtrashpandas
    [link] [comments]

    mammoswine

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    So I've seen people with Shadow Mammoswines and I was wondering if I could still get on now. Like is there a chance for one of the leaders to have one or was it only out for a limited time?

    submitted by /u/SyhnTheSkater
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment