• Breaking News

    Monday, July 12, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Hey trainers, please be aware of what Niantic, and this sub consider to be cheating (rule 3)

    Pokémon GO - Hey trainers, please be aware of what Niantic, and this sub consider to be cheating (rule 3)


    Hey trainers, please be aware of what Niantic, and this sub consider to be cheating (rule 3)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    There has been a considerable uptick in bans related to users talking about cheating on this sub. We follow Niantics trainer guidelines which can be found linked in rule 3 of the sub. https://nianticlabs.com/guidelines/


    Specifically their 4th section

    4 - No cheating

    Don't do it. Play fair. Our games are meant to be played on mobile devices and get you outside to have adventures in the real world. Don't deny yourself or someone else of an authentic gameplay experience by cheating.

    Unfortunately, methods of cheating are limited only by cheaters' imaginations, and include the following:

    using modified or unofficial software, playing with multiple accounts (one account per player), using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location ("spoofing"), sharing accounts, intentionally exploiting a bug to gain reward, abusing refund policy and mechanism, buying or selling in-game currency or items on third-party platforms, buying/selling/trading accounts, or any other activity that is in violation of Niantic's Terms of Service, available here: https://nianticlabs.com/terms/ 

    The big ones showing up of late are account sharing for whatever reason, and multi accounting.

    Yes we know everyone and their dog has 2 accounts to raid or pvp or trade mons to themselves.

    Niantic officially states this is cheating. If you want this changed take it up with them. If it is ever removed from their trainer guidelines we will reflect that in rule 3.

    The other big one is exploits to gain a reward. There are many many things that could fall under this, but for us, the one we see the most is faking steps in whatever method people can come up with.

    This is clearly against the spirit of the game (going places and catching mons).


    If you admit to cheating on this sub, there will be a ban. Period. This is not negotiable.

    If you disagree with something being a cheat, please refer again to the trainer guidelines, they are pretty clear cut.


    We consider it an endorsement of cheating if you talk about how you have cheated, refer users to cheating resources like dedicated cheating subs or specifically name cheating tools, ask for help from a cheater even if you yourself dont cheat.

    Tangentially related we do not allow gym take down requests or pokemon trade requests(these are also listed in our rules) specifically because we are a global sub and the only way you are getting help globally is from a cheater.

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    What is the worst mistake you have ever made in Pokemon go?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Mine is that I thought that CP was everything, so every shadow Pokemon that I caught, I purified, unaware of the damage buff that shadow Pokemon have. Edit: Didn't expect so many people to react to this! Thanks

    submitted by /u/CurrentSquirrel5358
    [link] [comments]

    I can't tell you why I did this, but I finally achieved a personal goal -3000 Ultra Balls!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I've been playing casually since launch, and I got this idea in my head to start stockpiling Ultra Balls "Just in case". I don't know what I was saving them for, but I have officially hit maximum capacity. Just in time for GoFest!

    The Almighty Ultra Ball Collection

    submitted by /u/Sotari
    [link] [comments]

    12 Rocket Eggs 0 Panchams

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/Sg4BC0A

    I managed to get 12 Rocket Eggs to hatch at once, 0 Panchams. I got plenty of Vulabys however.

    submitted by /u/nocturne213
    [link] [comments]

    Collection challenge

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    I cannot for the life of my find Cyndaquil. He's the last one I need to complete the 5th anniversary challenge and I haven't seen a single one. I know they can spawn on lures but I haven't had a bit of luck yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/OhRiptide
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung cap + T-shirt Redeem code

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Hi everybody, don't know if this code has been posted here but i got this code from my sister. It will give you a promotional samsung cap and T-shirt. Enjoy!

    KUAXZBJUTP3B7

    submitted by /u/BulletMagnetNL
    [link] [comments]

    You’re welcome (may not work for everyone.)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    I saw an offer code that didn't work for me but it is active. >! Kuaxzbjutb3b7 !< https://rewards.nianticlabs.com/pokemongo/redeem

    submitted by /u/BestServedColder
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    If shadow Pokemon are generally stronger than their regular version then what's the point of purifying them exatcly? Is it just there so newbies can mess up lol

    submitted by /u/Geyikadam
    [link] [comments]

    Night Sky Appreciation Post

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Just wanted to share my love for the new night sky. I don't see stars often irl, and even when I did live in an area without much light pollution I always had difficulty seeing constellations. A moment ago I saw a kite in pogo and that's pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/attivora
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend accidentally bought 100$ worth of PokeCoins, our refund request was denied. Is there anything we can do?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    Basically what the title says, not sure if this is the right sub to put this and if it isn't if someone could please direct me somewhere where I could get some guidance it'd be greatly appreciated.

    My girlfriend went to click one dollars worth of PokeCoins and accidentally hit 100, don't ask me how I'm still a little upset about it. She has it set so she should have to put in her password to make a purchase but that never came up. But anyways google refund policy says accidental purchases can be refunded if the refund request is submitted within 48 hours, our refund request was submitted within the hour. She hasn't touched the game since the mistake and we waited the 4 business days to hear back and lo and behold our refund request was denied because it doesn't meet googles refund policy. The Google email told me to contact Niantic and Niantic website says I should contact Google. Is there no course of action we can take to get our money back? We don't exactly have the disposable income to have 100 dollars taken out of our wallet for a phone game.

    We are aware we could contest the charges with our bank, but we would like to find a way to do this without getting her account banned and blacklisted because we still enjoy pokemon go. But if we have to we won't have another choice.

    Any guidance would be very helpful, sorry for the wall of text.

    submitted by /u/LunasHuman1122
    [link] [comments]

    Because chilling out is important.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/JZB7z7U.jpg

    "Many people climb snowy mountains, hoping to see the icy spikes of these Pokémon glistening in the light of dawn." - Alolan Sandslash Pokedex.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Best app for raiding?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    I've Had no luck with poke genie the wait time to host has been longer then the raid itself and even worse luck with the raids sub people send requests then don't join when I send the invite so what do you guys use reliably trying to at least get one copy of deoxys before he leaves

    submitted by /u/Terrible_Quiet4977
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    First Pokemon Go Fest

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    So this coming Fest will be my first. I'm only a level 25. Aside from catching Pokemon, what should I be focusing on? Helping in raids or am I still too low a level?

    submitted by /u/Oso-Sic
    [link] [comments]

    Finally achieved my goal of 5,000 battles in a single gym

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    It took me 5 years, but I'm glad I finally did it. Next goal: 10k battles, hopefully this time it'll take less than 5 years

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/PM1yOAd

    submitted by /u/throatfrog
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you buy the community day event but can’t play that day?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I bought the community day event thinking I could play but now I know I can't. Is it possible to just do all the tasks but just take forever doing them?

    submitted by /u/MetsGo
    [link] [comments]

    2,000 Battles with Team Rocket GO!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    It's been a hell of a journey. Dealing with the same 2 grunts, 3 leaders and big boss man was rewarding to say the least. Saved so many shadow Pokémon and a few shiny ones along the way. I was a bit late to the party, joining the Pokémon GO community in September 2019, and everyone has been so welcoming and friendly. Thank you all for being a wonderful community!

    submitted by /u/TheShmexyPeasant
    [link] [comments]

    Seen pokemon.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    When you check your Pokedex and it's just a shadow of a pokemon. Does seen Pokemon mean the ones you have had a chance to catch or does it include for example seeing another players pokemon in the gym.

    submitted by /u/LyTriXen
    [link] [comments]

    Shout-out to OSM Contributors.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    It may be a small thing, but the updates to the map via buildings, roads, and parks adds another level of depth to the game, and it is immensely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Shire_Hobbit
    [link] [comments]

    for those of you having a hard time on the “evolve a magikarp” mew task

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    if you have one purify a shadow magikarp. it takes 360 candy instead of 400. doesn't do much but it helped me quite a bit 😐

    submitted by /u/Minimum_Brain6954
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go fest tickets

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    Hi

    I bought 2 tickets for the Pokemon Go fest in Liverpool last year. I didn't request a refund because I wanted to go this year.

    Where can I find my ticket for this year?

    submitted by /u/ObliviousOliviaa
    [link] [comments]

    What do I have to do to creat acc

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    So I played pokemon go before, in it's prime years. And now I want to come back to the game. So I created an pokemon trainer club acc. However when I want to log in (in app) it always loads for long time and then just says "unable to authenticate, please try again". The problem may be that on club pokemon site in acc settings in pokemon go section it says that you have to "submit" something but there is no submit button.

    (and so you know I cant get an acc via google or facebook)

    Pls help me with this

    submitted by /u/krabikStalker_
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon GPS Glitch Helped Me

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    So I was at my house sitting on my bed at 9PM. My friend who lives nearby said they caught a Charizard at their house. Our houses are a bit far but it is an easy 3-5 minute walk. We can see each other's houses on the map. Anyway for some reason my guy was on a sugar rush and started rushing all around the map. This went on for like 5 minutes and it glitched near my friends house. Close enough to get the Charizard. This happened before but not this bad. It was 779 cp and a 2 star.

    submitted by /u/Purple_Purchase_3787
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment