• Breaking News

    Monday, July 5, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - July 2021

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    6 months ago today, we had to put our dog Lilly to sleep

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    My son asked to play Pokémon Go together while we were mourning Lilly that evening, and when we opened the app we were surrounded by Lillipups.

    submitted by /u/smallsraces
    [link] [comments]

    Catching my first Deoxys is never going to happen - F**k Deoxys

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    So I did my first remote raid for Deoxys. 7 people were in it, but clearly everyone else was battling with Magikarps and Numels because they seemed to be just tickling Deoxys rather than battling it. We don't complete the raid in time, and the host doesn't reinvite. Remote raid pass #1 down the drain.

    So I do the second one. I joined with another remote raid pass and this time there were 6 people. Everyone was around the level 40 mark so I thought "we can do this!". Nope, failed again. Host did reinvite but we could only get 3 others. Remote raid pass #2 down the drain.

    So, I receive an invite today. I join with yes, another remote raid pass which I had to purchase with the coins I'm trying to save for Pokemon Go fest. Wow, 13 people are already in. This is the one. We defeat Deoxys easily, and then I'm left with the task of catching one of the most defensive Pokemon with just 12 balls.

    You know exactly what happened, 9/12 excellent throws, 1 great and 2 missed. Golden Razz every time. Deoxys escaped.

    I will be trying again, but at this point I feel I'm just gambling rather than influencing the game with skill.

    As I can imagine people will have sleepless nights wondering whether I finally catch a Deoxys, I will update this thread.

    submitted by /u/dryno108
    [link] [comments]

    Have a Look at This Weird Skiploom I Caught Outside.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/mrwoWnp

    Something seems off about it, but I can't tell what.

    Is a mega-evolution? Is it a shiny?

    It didn't put up much of a fight. Should I keep it?

    What gives?

    submitted by /u/Edgar_with_Cheese
    [link] [comments]

    That which burns blue.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/EQ38029.jpg

    There is a specific volcano in Indonesia, Kawah Ijen, where the lava glows blue due to a high content of sulphur.

    Shiny Emboar feels right at home there.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Just.... wow.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    Usually I have terrible shiny luck.... But 1:216 and I hit it. Perfect Shiny Mew

    https://ibb.co/bFBttDF

    submitted by /u/No_Unused_Names_Left
    [link] [comments]

    My first pair of back to back shinies!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    I couldn't believe my eyes when 2 out of the 2 spawn points at my place turned out to be shiny Pokémon. see here

    submitted by /u/DD_dannyboy
    [link] [comments]

    PokeStop Album

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    This has probably already been suggested, but my wife and I are traveling again and had the idea that it would be great if there was an album of all the pokestops you've visited.

    submitted by /u/Zebradots
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for a new-ish player for Go Fest?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    I've played since the game was released on and off but never played it as frequently as I do atm.

    This will be my first GO Fest (I have the ticket) and I'm from Liverpool, UK.

    Does anyone have any useful tips/tricks/advice for the event?

    Happy to give any information needed like XP/ level etc.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/PeanutButterCallisto
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic, please change the hitbox so we don't accidentally use incense, lucky egg, starpiece, etc.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Like the title says, it's very easy to accidentally select one of the above items, especially when clearing your item storage. Then once selected, the cancel hitbox is so small vs the use hitbox, and there's no "are you sure you want to use this?" prompt after. I must've accidentally used 3 lucky eggs and 2 starpieces.

    They probably won't cuz that'd mean fewer wasted items and therefore fewer purchases, but it'd reduce frustration and rage quitting.

    Edit: forgot to mention that they're right next to the potions and revives, which are used often. If the incense, lucky egg, & starpiece were down by the evolution items it'd be less of an issue.

    submitted by /u/Ok_Progress202
    [link] [comments]

    eggs and buddy wont update

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    reinstalled the game yesterday. i knew the game was tracking my distance because its been consistently updating all day, but the distance walked hasn't been added to the eggs i started incubating as soon as i installed the game or my buddy. looked at all potential fixes, nothing. its not just adventure sync, its with the game open. i have a samsung galaxy a21s. any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/ATBlife28
    [link] [comments]

    My Bidoof Breakout collection

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Here's a particular tag I created to show off my collection from the Bidoof Breakout event.

    Bidoof.

    submitted by /u/musicpops
    [link] [comments]

    Where’s the dittos

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Hey! I came back to Pokémon Go and I still have a quest to catch a Ditto… and now I have another one. I can't seem to find a single one? Can you only catch them during certain events? And I can't remember if this is correct or not, but I think I remember someone saying that Dittos only take the form of certain pokemon… is this true also? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RochelleQuan
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to make in-game purchases

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    I was using an android device for Pokémon Go up to now. Just shifted to an iPhone. Now I am not able to purchase pokecoins or tickets using my iPhone. I put in my Apple ID and pwd. I get the Pokémon go processing circle and then nothing happens.

    Never faced any such problems on my android device! Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/rollsreus11233
    [link] [comments]

    The shinies I’ve accumulated. Quite happy with these, always looking for more!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    Here they are. I have a couple that aren't shown, such as a Metagross and a Swinub, and some of them I have more than one of. I saw someone mention that they had all 3 of the shiny Regi Trio and it blew my mind! What shinies do you guys have??

    submitted by /u/hamcooker
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody notice announcement flaw?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Last week one of the upcoming July announcements mentioned that a new 25th anniversary event was going to begin July 6th and to "stay tuned for details in early June."…. Well, June 6th is tomorrow and we still don't have details on the event

    submitted by /u/Frequent-Vanilla
    [link] [comments]

    Shadow Larvitar yay or nay?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Is it worth evolving a shadow Larvitar or should I just save my candy's already got a bunch of Tyranitar

    submitted by /u/Mikeonios94
    [link] [comments]

    Before loading the location where an egg was received, why does it default to Tokyo, Japan?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    Basically what the title says. It's something I notice almost every time I go to look at my eggs; for a brief second or two, it'll say that I got the egg from Tokyo, Japan and then change to it's correct location. Niantic is based in California, so this is interesting. Anyone else pick up on this?

    submitted by /u/SameriteRL
    [link] [comments]

    About Best Buddy CP Boost.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    I just got my Sylveon at best buddy and it got the CP boost. I know that if i switch buddies Sylveon will lose its boost, however if i switch back into sylveon, will he have his boost again?

    submitted by /u/PROFESSIONALGAMER56_
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into the game, and being level 29. Whats rue best way to power level as i saw the new max is 50? Thanks!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Getting back into the game, and being level 29. Whats rue best way to power level as i saw the new max is 50? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Captured_Cloud
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter accounts for reminders?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Hello! Does anybody know any good Twitter accounts that tweet reminders or anything of the sort? July is going to be a hectic month and a lot to remember! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Harty_7
    [link] [comments]

    connections issues

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:02 AM PDT

    Hi i upgraded to a samsung s21 ultra and gave my partner my s20, we factory reset the s20 and then installed all our stuff, went to connect a gotcha evolve to it and bang failed to connect...i have now got a s21 ultra, a s20 and a51 (partners phone before i gave her my s20) that since being reset now wont connect with any gotcha evolve, tried all sorts of combos and videos...friends have tested our gotchas and they work fine on their phones, meaning its our phones most likely...all phones are on android11...can someone help plz

    submitted by /u/Sharpy_xD
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment