• Breaking News

    Monday, August 30, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Concerning recent blocking of users from specific subs.

    Pokémon GO - Concerning recent blocking of users from specific subs.


    Concerning recent blocking of users from specific subs.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    I believe in transparency in mod actions in this sub. To that end, I am letting you guys know we adopted saferbot to protect the community from those that would spread covid misinformation and lies.

    We came to this conclusion after our sub became a target for brigading due to the covid talks around niantics distance changes at the beginning of the month.

    I admit it is a wide net, and that the bot cannot infer intent, only participation.

    I have already gotten a few modmails, that I could very quickly look and see that 1, they were real users here, and 2, that they were in said subs fighting this misinformation.

    It is not our intent to ban these users, but it is inevitable. It is going to take quite some time for the bot to catch up to the sheer volume of users there are.

    If you are genuinely one of these users that is in these subs to fight misinformation, I am telling you now, check back in, in one month.

    Most of the modmails related to the bots actions are being ignored. There are thousands of them.


    To get it out of the way now, I have been called every name in the book for this decision in those modmails, a nazi, a fascist, literally hitler, I have had the first they came for x speech recited to me in many varaitions, I have been told I am violatings reddits tos, etc. I no joke had to get a restraining order against one of these q anon type fellows in real life Friday.

    To that end, if it makes you feel better to call me these things for keeping this community safe from plague rats that would take horse drugs rather than wear masks and take a free vaccine, then who am I to stop you.

    Admins have upheld subs abilities to ban anyone, for any reason.

    The misinformed notion that we cannot ban users from other communities for participation there is derived from a poor reading of the mod guidelines that say not to ban a user from say bootsisabaldy, for a rule violation in, bootsisnotabaldy, if you mod both communities.

    These bots have existed for years, and have been widely adopted in the past to keep trolls out of specific communities.

    My moderation actions this month have almost quadrupled over previous months because of this brigading, and this is our means to put an end to it.


    There have been calls by hundreds of subs for reddit admins to take action, and we were told that we are on our own.

    So this is where we are now.

    Sorry if you are genuinely not one of the people in the group we are trying to keep out of here.

    To those that are in fact the correct target all I can say is I hope you reason yourself out of these false beliefs one day.

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    I can never catch another Pokémon.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    What do you think of my baby ?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    When You Work At A Major Retail Store.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    Obscene game

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    The Purple Wurmple DOES exist! this may be the only shiny I don’t evolve

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    Ooh that’s nice

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Thought I would post about my Shiny Pikachu I caught earlier today

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Absolute Pain

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    My shiny Charmander! From baby to adult!✨

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    When you work warehouse at a major retailer.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    When you basically never stop moving at work and they make you work mandatory OT every week

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    Caught this Demonic Shiny Unown from a solo raid!

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Think I can catch this Gyrasnovalax?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    My pride and joy.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Another prized possession

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    hands off pervert!

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    Finally got a hold of this mf after 2 years of being stuck on Mew and Meltan researchs

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    After 5 years of playing, the interaction change got me motivated enough to break the 50km barrier.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Does anyone else love the way legendaries fly above you like this? I feel like I can face anything with Lugia watching my back like that

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment