• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 21, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Wild Metagross in a public bathroom

    Pokémon GO - Wild Metagross in a public bathroom


    Wild Metagross in a public bathroom

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PST

    Today was a holiday in my city, but I went to the park where I usually go on my way home every wednesday for legendary hour anyways. When I dropped off at the bus stop I was very surprised to see a wild Metagross shadow inside the park, so i ran as fast as i could. As i got closer to that Pokestop, I noticed a couple also playing Pogo and they also noticed I was trying to catch the Metagross, and we were all having trouble trying to reach that Pokestop. I've been playing PoGO in that park for a long time, but I never spinned that Pokestop, and I had no idea how to reach it, but then we were interrupted by some dudes that told us we needed to get inside the male bathroom because thats the only way we could reach it. There was a fence that didnt allow us to go to the other side of the bathroom so we could reach the Pokestop from the outside. The girl gave her bf her cellphone and when we got inside the bathroom we were surprised to see there were like 15 guys also trying to catch the godamn Metagross. There was a kid with 2 phones catching one Metagross for his mom, there was a grown up dude catching for his sister... the women were all waiting from outside the bathroom. After squeezing myself in that messy crowd (there was even a non PoGO player trying to pee) I finally managed to get that Metagross spawn :) When the raid hour finally started, nobody in that bathroom really bothered to play at the Cobalion raids, so I had to raid with other people.

    Shitty IVs, but I can't complain about free stuff lol

    submitted by /u/masterclass085
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] PoGo inspired me to make a field guide to Pokemon's real life inspirations and this farfect'd idea is now a reality!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:03 AM PST

    On Eevee community day last year I shared a breakdown of Eevee's design and celebrated the launch of my Kickstarter. This campaign was successful largely due to the huge support of Reddit - in fact it was people from this subreddit that supplied AR photos when the project was just an Instagram page!

    I wanted to show a comparison of the original posts with the final product - Reddit's feedback was vital and pushed me to develop my graphic design and copy writing abilities - the book was even included in Nintendo Life's guide to the best video game books! https://imgur.com/a/B5TVKOn

    Thanks everyone! Noah :)

    submitted by /u/OnTheOriginOfPokemon
    [link] [comments]

    Infographic for December Community Day! (OC)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:31 AM PST

    Hello my dudes and dudettes! I saw the news of the December community day yesterday afternoon/evening and have been so excited since. I am beginning to prepare and I hope you guys are just as excited as I am. I immediately knew I had to create an infographic for my community and spent a few hours building this one

    My infographic for 2019

    I hope it can help you guys! What do you guys think about it? Something I didn't mention directly is that you should try to catch as many 2018 pokemon and save up candies for them in case you plan on trying to evolve some for the community day moves. I am honestly going to try to get a shiny Charmander from raids and maybe a shiny Larvitar or Beldum and then focus solely on 2019 pokemon. Sadly I don't think we get any bonus raid passes and I don't have any gold.

    I based mine off of u/Soyatina https://i.imgur.com/geIkj0n.png design

    Resources used:

    https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Day

    https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/dec19-cd/

    EDIT: I don't mention it in writing but the box with the best pokemon for raids are sorted left to right (best to less best)

    submitted by /u/JonnyGFlea
    [link] [comments]

    Dr. Seuss would be proud of this color coordination

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:31 PM PST

    Was walking down Hollywood Walk of Fame when I noticed Dr. Seuss star has a gym. Popped for a looksie and discovered this color coordinated defense.

    https://imgur.com/a/zBwC9kH

    submitted by /u/DuMaNue
    [link] [comments]

    We’re looking for ArthurGarnet

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 05:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    On July 14th some friends and I were doing the Entei raid day in Vancouver, BC and we met this asian guy by Oakridge Mall who was in town for the day. He's a flight attendant based out of Hong Kong and happened to have the day off in Vancouver. He heard that Oakridge was a good place to do some raids, he approached me and my friends (also a group of Asians) and asked to raid with us. We spent the afternoon together and added each other as friends and parted ways. We only added him as a friend on PoGo and not on any other social media platforms so we actually have no way of contacting him.

    We're hoping to reach him somehow to invite him to raid with us again next time he's in town! Most of us have reached best friends with him and would also love to do some trades. I hope this isn't too weird!! Just some harmless pogo millennials doing missed encounters the millennial way 😬 cheers!

    submitted by /u/felawful_
    [link] [comments]

    Will shiny rates be boosted during December Community Days?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Simple question. I wasn't actively playing last year when, as I understand, a similar event took place. Will shiny rates be boosted, or will odds be the same as normal?

    submitted by /u/Speedy-Onion
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoy a weekend of Community Day encounters, bonuses, and more in December! - Pokémon GO

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Should I hold on to evolving Combusken?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:48 AM PST

    I'm wondering if I should hold off on Blaziken until next month for community day. Blast Burn will be available and I'm not sure if I should wait until then or stick with Overheat. My combuskens IVs are 13/15/14

    Do you guys know if I can just relearn the move or is blast burn only available on evo?

    submitted by /u/multifunctionaudio
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Giovanni be like

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:01 PM PST

    This is what I think of every time I encounter a decoy.

    Also just a tip, you can get more radar components by keeping the super radar and fighting the decoys.

    submitted by /u/Mitchell777
    [link] [comments]

    Do you catch the Teddiursas in this event?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:02 PM PST

    If yes, why? I personally don't see any use of them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they have a use. Or they're just an another generic filler. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/RazorBlade233
    [link] [comments]

    Despite over 500 Pokémon being available, once again, we have an entire week where only a handful of Pokémon comprise the overwhelming majority of spawns

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:57 AM PST

    The events spawns have been extremely lackluster for a very long time, and are at the their very core, a flawed method of dealing with the core problem of the game. Anyone could have seen that as the game progressed, there would be more Pokémon available, thus making them all comparatively rarer than they used to be. It's harder to find new ones, and it's harder to find old ones that were missed (or which are needed anew for PvP or PvE).

    The method chosen to deal with this, is "events" that overtake the entire spawn system. Rather than developing a system where all Pokémon are able to be searched for and discovered at all times, we only get the handful that Niantic decides should be available at a given time. This is a poor way to try to give people the the things that they are looking for, not least of which because not everyone does or should or wants to play the same way, so not everyone is looking for the same things at the same time. I'm happy for people who need Murkrow or Swinub for some reason still, but I'm willing to bet the majority of those players, as well as most others, also still need Deino or Gible or Litwick or even Cranidos or any of the gen 5 regionals which are arbitrarily rare in certain areas.

    There is no longer any point in exploring or discovering new areas or going to different "biomes" (which, do they even exist anymore?) because for two or three weeks out of every month, anything unique that might've spawned there is crowded out by the event spawns.

    I certainly have my own ideas on what would be a more engaging and fulfilling way to handle spawns and events, which I will expound upon in the comments, but what are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the way the spawns and events work currently, and if so, why? If you enjoy the spawns, is there a style or location where you play that you could recommend to those of us who are feeling frustrated? Or are you also frustrated in the same way that I am? What are your suggestions for how to improve?

    submitted by /u/j1mb0
    [link] [comments]

    Blue screen / no map loading?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:00 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I'm making this post after reading tons of stuff about problems with Pokemon Go, but anything worked. I hope I'm putting it into correct section (it is my first post on reddit ever ^^ ). I wanted to start to play this game, but for some reason after creating character I see only blue/green field with 3 starter pokemons, no map is loaded. I cannot move my avatar or click on anything. Google maps are detecting my location via GPS. I also installed latest version of Google services. I have xiaomi 5x with Miui 10. A-gps data is refreshed, high accuracy location activated, battery saving mode off. I would be very gratefull for any ideas how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/Doniczka2
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the holy grail!!!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 04:25 PM PST

    I was walking around looking for Giovanni and hatched a 10k egg and was anxiously awaiting yet another Beldum and out popped a 3* Gible!! So excited!! Had to share with people who will appreciate my feat haha.

    https://i.imgur.com/xouifXQ.jpg

    submitted by /u/ForzaTwo4
    [link] [comments]

    Independent Countries without any pokestop

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:52 AM PST

    I was doing little research about which independent countries doesn't have any pokestop. Checking largest cities on ingress map ( https://intel.ingress.com/intel ) I came to this conclusion:

    Countries without pokestop are: Guinea-Bissau, Burundi, Eswatini (f. Swaziland), Somalia, Eritrea, Comoros (w/o Mayotte), Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Tuvalu, Nauru.

    If you know something about pokestops in this countries just let me know to update data :)

    submitted by /u/farabais
    [link] [comments]

    Spark is Judging my terrible sleep schedule

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:11 PM PST

    I checked to see if there were any Rocket leaders near my house. I then noticed that what Spark usually said when there is no leader nearby was different and got a little chuckle.

    Ok ok PoGo, I get it, I'll go to bed. Yeesh.

    https://imgur.com/a/MdtzoFv

    submitted by /u/Sweetciety
    [link] [comments]

    To celebrate exactly one month of playing PoGo, here are my shinies so far!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:26 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/g8uzqaO

    I started playing PoGo on October 20th, and seeing people showing off their shiny 'mons here filled me with awe. I still don't have a hundo or anything particularly special, but I have gathered a small crew of colourful friends. So if you are also new, or recently returned, have hope, the shinies are out there!

    submitted by /u/dfotw
    [link] [comments]

    PoGo Players in East London

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 01:11 AM PST

    I have picked up PoGo for the first time since getting my new phone just over a year ago and I like to think now that I'm somewhat of a big deal...

    I kid, but I have really poured my heart and soul into this game. Powering up my 3 star attributes and evolving, walking my Feebas 350km only to get a 2775 Milotic, the list goes on.

    However, I am very lonely in my adventure and I really want to start catching some proper legendaries and start taking down bigger raids. Is there anyone around Limehouse, Bethnal Green, Canary Wharf that potentially wants to meet up and have a little session. PoGo is obviously a game to be shared with others yet I have no one!

    submitted by /u/OffsetHarry
    [link] [comments]

    I don't normally post my catches, but this guy gave me a heart attack

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:16 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/HKfkEgH

    I reeeeaaally love the way Shadow Tyranitar looks but never actually expected to get a decent one. Then this guy shows up! Now to get grinding some dust I guess!

    submitted by /u/BravoDelta23
    [link] [comments]

    2 and a half years later

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:55 PM PST

    I finally find my first 0/0/0 Pokemon...and it's a shadow Pokemon!🥳

    https://imgur.com/gallery/2pJbkPP

    submitted by /u/Crayving
    [link] [comments]

    If you've had an account stolen, or know someone who has, please read!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:25 PM PST

    I wanted to post here because if I can help even one person find out what happened to their account it will be worth it.

    Less than a week ago my account was stolen. Last night I found it for sale on ebay. The thief had used the original PTC account that the account was created with as a hidden back door to unlink my gmail account. My gmail account was never compromised.

    The seller's name is denwe-9486

    They are based in the Netherlands and have many fresh accounts for sale in the last couple days . If you've had an account stolen, especially recently, or know someone who has, please look though their inventory and see if you find your account! If you do find your account please report them to Niantic, and report them to eBay!

    Message me if you need links to the sellers listing or any other info

    submitted by /u/arizonajake
    [link] [comments]

    Is 65 friends too much?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:57 AM PST

    I posted at r/pokemongotrades to get some friends for exp. I got 65. I Cant get 65gifts/day so i was thinking about removing some, is that a good idea or rude since i already accepted them?

    submitted by /u/FivR_
    [link] [comments]

    Help Beating Leader Sierra!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:56 AM PST

    The order that I have her fighting in is Sneasel then Lapras, the third pokemon is unknown to me because I can't get past Lapras!

    I use Machamp w/ Counter and Rock Slide. I'm able to get through Sneasel with it but Lapras ends up finishing it off and I don't have any of the recommended pokemon to defeat it; "Dialga (Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor), Lucario (Counter, Power Up Punch), Melmetal (Thunder Shock, Rock Slide), or Regice (Lock On, Focus Blast)."

    Has anyone beat Sierra's Lapras with anything else?

    submitted by /u/BiggestYetus
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] So which community day special moves should we be focusing on? Which are truly required to make a mon great?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:53 AM PST

    With the special Community Day-Weekend coming up, and the reintroduction of CD exclusive charge moves, I am trying to figure out which mons I should be focusing on. I know some of them like Metagross go from "meh" to "Best non-legendary option" with the simple addition of some of these moves. I only started playing back in June and didn't get the importance of CD for the first few, so I've missed most of the good ones.

    Which CD's should I be really focusing on getting? I have a lot of candy saved up for many of these in hopes of finding a better IV mon to evolve, but I'd be willing to use them on what I've got if it really makes a difference.

    Also, is the special charge move comes anytime during the 9AM to 9PM window right?

    submitted by /u/anormalgeek
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment