• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - December 2019

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic. I'll literally pay you so I dont have to be slapped with the " are you double sure you want to delete this event pokemon. "

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:22 AM PST

    As a hardcore grinder it wastes time. I see pokemon as xp and dust is why I have the feel and need to catch everything. Why? I literally spend 15 minutes deleting 200 non shiny non hundo pikas. I think I've deleted 400+ and after those 400 I'm double sure I wana delete it. Should be a Mass delete mode where it asks you once " are you sure you want to enter this mode? Shinies, legendaries, and event pokemons can be deleted. " I hit yes and after that it's on myself

    submitted by /u/PowerOfTheChicken
    [link] [comments]

    Glacial Lures will forever be known to me as Lapras spawners after today

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:58 AM PST

    I bought a Glacial Lure today because I wanted a Glaceon. After a few moments, it spawned a Lapras and I was so excited because I hadn't caught one yet. 20 minutes later, I've encountered 7 of them.

    I just encountered an 8th while typing this post and it was freaking shiny.

    I haven't even left my house

    https://imgur.com/a/qoijWR5

    submitted by /u/IamDagronMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, i wasted 150k stardust on a shiny yanma. And i'll do it again too!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:04 AM PST

    After not catching a single one of three regice raids, i was in a go for broke kind of mood. So, when i saw my shiny (low cp) yanma sitting there in the trophy pile, i said why not? I evolved him. Bug bite/ bug buzz. Them's the moves i wanted. So i thought, "why not?" "You've got the dust" , "it'll be awesome..." And in my moment of weakness, i clicked power up. And again. And again. My head started spinning. This was lunacy. Why would i spend this much candy and dust on a pokemon that's barely in the fringe of meta relevance? I'll tell you why. Because when i stopped, having no rare candy left and less than 100 stardust, having to actually wait for a yanma to spawn so i could feed it a 🍍, when i powered it up that last time, it hit 2500cp exactly. And that felt so good. Because tomorrow when my son challenges me to ultra league with his team of mewtwos, he's gonna see what a shiny yanmega can do. And that's worth every speck of stardust to me.

    submitted by /u/kirkanderson1
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go banning GP spoofers was the best thing to happen to me

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:49 AM PST

    I grew up a Pokemon fan and when Pokemon go came out, i was obviously hooked and would use a GPS spoofer while sitting through boring lectures. As they hype died and my phone got too crappy to handle battery and memory requirements associated with the game, I deleted Pokemon Go.

    Recently I started playing the game again. I initially thought it would be innocuous and wouldnt affect anything in my life. Boy was I wrong, I live in a country where Nintendo doesn't directly sell products and games and everything is imported by third party. As a result Pokestops and Gyms are hard to come by except for a few select areas. Through playing Pokemon Go, me, the laziest bum I know has gotten to walk daily and even run.

    I went from sitting at home all day to actively choosing to go on walks. Initially I just went out and maintained streaks, then I walked longer and longer and starting hatching 5 kilometer eggs in single outings.

    It's now new year season and I know a lot of us will be making resolutions and a lot of us are scared of them. I just want to use this post to point out a few things. First, your goals aren't small or meaningless as long as they make you happy. Second, your reasons to make those changes are valid no matter what, no matter how silly they sound to you. Thirdly, your goals are more achievable than you think and it is never too late to start.

    submitted by /u/Transit-Strike
    [link] [comments]

    Rocket Leaders Counters Infographics (X-POST)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:33 PM PST

    TLDR: Here are the graphics. Click the names.

    Arlo


    Cliff


    Sierra


    Many have requested an infographic that shows both suggested teams and individual counters to all Rocket threats. I got a lot of other constructive feedback after my last graphics gained traction, so that has been incorporated as well (see how far I spaced out the links to each one? :D )

    A little background on how I came up with these. I created these based on some community feedback from the written guide I posted here earlier and discord. Of course, I incorporated the Pokebattler calcs, however I found that while Pokebattler is accurate in theory it often failed to wholly account for abstract factors. I've tried to correct for this manually (prioritizing better shield-breakers in the lead slot for example). In other words, as much as I'd like to think these are the definitive counters to the Rocket Leader's Pokemon, the fact is that these are still subjective to some degree and I want to be up front about that from the outset. At the same time, I also want you to appreciate that I didn't just throw darts at a Pokedex.

    The Calcs were done with level 35 Pokemon in mind, accounting for level 40 Player Level adjusted leaders. There's going to be some degree of flex here based on player skill, IVs, and enemy moveset. You've seen videos of people beating leaders with great league Pokemon by now... use good judgement when leveling your Pokemon and be honest with yourself about how much raw power you'll need to account for skill gap.

    submitted by /u/LanAkou
    [link] [comments]

    Printed these team medallions for today’s event.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:59 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Yx1dBYf

    3D printed these team medallions for my kids as we ventured out today. We all caught 2 regice (2 shinys in the group), W all got a Glaceon with Last Resort and caught some Crygonals. They believe the medallions brought Moltres Magic. If someone was struggling to catch one they would tap your phone with the medallion and next throw would work.

    Was a fun day.

    submitted by /u/BenJoeM
    [link] [comments]

    Caught this bad boy yesterday, my first ever shiny legendary!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:09 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/l66IZNE.png

    I was hoping for a Sinnoh stone but you know what I'm happy with this outcome too lol x Btw I called it Biffa Bins just because Groudon is spelt really similar to the bin company Grundon, just a cheeky inside joke ya feel

    submitted by /u/haragakudaru
    [link] [comments]

    Might go buy a lottery ticket

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:26 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/2GLmXA3

    not the best pokemon go player out there but definitely my best shiny and felt like sharing :)

    submitted by /u/gumbygoose
    [link] [comments]

    An update to the 9 10km eggs...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:38 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/CW7wYKD

    I posted a picture of some eggs I had collected over the course of a few weeks. Determined to hatch all nine at once.

    So, after two days of walking I've managed to hatch all of them at the same time!

    Two Cranidos Klink Mawile Slakoth Two Beldum Deino (my first!!) And Ralts

    Up next? Nine 7km eggs! I want a Riolu, lol.

    submitted by /u/PunnyHoomans
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could sort so I could filter Lucky Friends

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:39 AM PST

    I've now got 10 lucky friendships and when I meet for raids I have to scroll through scores of players to work out which ones are lucky and decide if it's time to make a trade. If you can search for lucky Pokemon, can't they program the game to sort for lucky friends too?

    submitted by /u/ThatThereMan
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good cp on this game?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:33 AM PST

    I started playing 4 days ago and have now reached level 13. My highest cp pokemon is 750. I found this: http://imgur.com/a/SnNnfmr and am wondering if it is maxed out and how long it would take to even get that number

    submitted by /u/Pyraminxstars
    [link] [comments]

    Sneasel input?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:19 AM PST

    I'm indecisive as all get out, but wonder what y'all would do in the situation.

    I managed to catch a hundo sneasel this morning.... that's level 3. I've got candy and stardust out the wazoo, but is it worth maxing it out?

    If so, anybody know the best move set for it? I have multiple tms of both kinds available, so I should be able to get what it needs.

    submitted by /u/jhendricks86
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got lucky. My first shiny from a raid!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:28 AM PST

    How rare is this guy?

    Got to the raid with 30 seconds to spare, nearly let it slide. Feels good to finally get something cool. I don't venture into the city much, but this time it paid off! How many of you have him?

    http://imgur.com/gallery/hqR0vqY

    submitted by /u/Sackup_Speedup
    [link] [comments]

    7 articunos in a row, why?!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:28 PM PST

    I am really pissed right now for some reason all i get are articunos and i still have 0 zapdos and 0 moltres, Is the chance for which pokemon you will get for research breakthrough really random?

    submitted by /u/EconomicsEUNE
    [link] [comments]

    is it me or is clicking the name to rename pokemon go harder?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:08 PM PST

    Tell me I'm not losing my hand-eye coordination because today it feels like 75% of the time I click to rename the pokemon, it does an animation instead of the nickname window popping up.

    submitted by /u/lost12
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashing just before PvP

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:23 AM PST

    I don't know if it's a common issue, but the game keeps crashing way too often every time I'm about to start a new PvP fight. It happens to me and a friend. We both have an iPhone (hers a 6s, mine an 8) and PoGo version 0.129.2. Is it happening to someone else? (The bug is that after selecting your team, the combat window closes and you're in the suddenly in the "outside" area again).

    submitted by /u/Manupii
    [link] [comments]

    Finally completed my Kanto dex!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:21 AM PST

    So after 3,5 years, I finally got my last pokemon to fully complete my Kanto pokedex. I wasn't getting a Zapdos from the weekly challenge but I came across Giovanni this morning on my way to work and gifted me a Zapdos (poor iv's) though.

    I am just happy that I got complete my first generation dex. Onto the next one !

    https://imgur.com/wOfSKfE

    submitted by /u/matuidi_charo
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys have a specific Pokémon or mind of Pokémon you drop at gyms?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:19 AM PST

    I usually drop a combee since they are absolutely adorable and I have no use for them. I have like six now and I currently have 5 of them in different gyms that are all clustered together in my hometown. I'm kinda hoping eventually people will recognize I've been to the gyms and remember me lol.

    submitted by /u/Throwaway107423
    [link] [comments]

    [Video] PokemonGO is one of the top 10 revenue mobile games according to gaming stats. I was quite amazed PokemonGO can come into the top 10 list. I thought other mobile games earn a lot more than PokemonGO.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:46 AM PST

    For the pokemonGo mechanism, I don't think it can earn a lot from the user.

    This video showed the World's top 10 highest revenue mobile games, and it tells me that pokemonGo actually is one of the highest-grossing mobile games in the world.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liUyp9R2Gq0

    submitted by /u/CandiBaldyga
    [link] [comments]

    Discord group

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:24 AM PST

    I recently just started playing again because of my GF, does anyone know of any London/havering (UK) discord groups for either trading or doing raids etc?

    submitted by /u/Krato0s
    [link] [comments]

    We made the top 100! I think it’s at least cool that we’re 95

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I just started playing on December 17th and I am already 4 shinys deep!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:15 AM PST

    Screenshot

    After many hours of Sword and Shield I decided to give PoGo a try. I've been having a blast and very lucky!

    submitted by /u/effinmike12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment