• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Pokémon GO - I made buttons for January CD!

    Pokémon GO - I made buttons for January CD!


    I made buttons for January CD!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:55 AM PST

    I make buttons for our local PoGo group, and wanted to offer them to /r/pokemongo. Rather than sell them or have people chip in for shipping costs, I'll take donations to AIDS Lifecycle, an organization that has raised over $250 million for AIDS prevention and treatment.

    submitted by /u/Marine_Mustang
    [link] [comments]

    Two girls in my local community cleaned up a gym

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:50 AM PST

    Hi there,

    don't know anywhere else to post this, this weekend something very nice happened in our local community and I hope this is the right place to share it.

    So we have very frequented (exraid-)gym on a local playground, it's a plane made out of wood and it's called after a famous plane in comics of a well known german children's book author and illustrator.

    This is the gym (original portal photo taken from intel): https://i.imgur.com/IPj8zfV.jpg

    This is the plane this gym was named after: https://i.imgur.com/D04OT52.jpg

    So last wednesday when everyone raided during the legendary hour, a group started at that gym and they overheard a few kids on that playground about how dirty and ugly that thing is.

    So this weekend, two girls went on a little tour and now the plane looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/g6LoRST.jpg

    Silke and Stephi - you guys rock!

    submitted by /u/Derausmwaldkam
    [link] [comments]

    From 0 to hero, I have evolved my Poliwig into a Poliwrath just to show my fiancée how much I love her.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:22 PM PST

    Long story short, we both are big fans of Poliwag and Poliwrath. We sometimes call each other those names. I say she looks like Poliwag because how cute she is and how big her lips are and she says I look like Poliwrath because I have a similar face and body complexion (kinda serious and buff upper body, but smaller lower body).

    I told her I would start playing Pokemon Go again, get fitter and evolve a Poliwag just by earning candies. She was really happy to hear that because she was worried about my health after some stomach and colon issues I had in 2018 that made my life more difficult.

    Today I finally did it. I feel extremely happy, and I wanted to share it with you.

    She is so happy too, but this is not the end, oh no. My next goal is to learn how to knit amigurumis and make her a plushie. She is so caring and loving, she deserves these funny "feats" I always try to accomplish to show her my love haha.

    Edit: Yeah, there's a typo on the title, can't correct it :(

    submitted by /u/G3lidus
    [link] [comments]

    Hiked a couple hundred yards down a steep hill of soaking wet knee-high grass for this catch! Oh, and I also happen to be handicapped.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:51 AM PST

    So I was diagnosed with MS back in the summer of 2018 at age 25 after I slowly began noticing that I was losing the ability to lift my left leg while walking. I also started having coordination issues, problems with my balance, etc. And these days I'm pretty much cane bound anytime that I need to walk for more than 50 yards at time.

    It's been an adjustment, but thankfully my MS hasn't affected my ability to drive so I'm still able to get around and play Pokémon Go regularly. (Usually I just gotta stick to driving around empty shopping centers, but it still gets the job done.)

    Well after seeing this new guy pop up on my radar around 1am (at the bottom of a long steep field of tall grass, at a Pokestop I've never had the courage to try and hit before) I knew I would hate myself later if I didn't at least make an attempt for it.

    It must have taken me about 20 minutes, slowly inching my way down and trying to keep my feet set and under me the entire time, but thankfully this girl managed to stick around long enough for me to finally make contact!

    The IV's aren't perfect, but still a VERY personally satisfying catch nonetheless! :]

    Victory!

    submitted by /u/FIDLaRvitar
    [link] [comments]

    I can't stop thinking about the first month of this game, so as a result, I made this video: "Pokemon Go- The Closest We've Ever Come To World Peace"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:17 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKPI9V1FPE

    I know this is a notion that you've probably heard hundreds of times before, but I truly cannot get the first month of this game out of my head. It really was like the whole world was playing this game. It felt like a dream.

    I know that the game is in a much better state right now and I really do hope that more people pick it up again, but I don't know if its possible to ever reach the highs that we saw during the initial release of this game. I'm really happy to have been apart of that time, no matter how short-lived it was.

    Please watch and tell me what you think!

    submitted by /u/Silvxs
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go Class Action Lawsuit

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:08 PM PST

    I found this link after reading Niantic should can and need to improve. The Clifton Law Firm seems to be a professional firm, and there is a survey within their website that asks pokemon go players about their experiences with Niantic, with emphasis to those who spent money on the now-removed Alolan Vulpix Research Quests. I'm not a big redditor, but I was surprised there's no post already on r/TheSilphRoad* about the Clifton Law Firm's class action lawsuit, so I figured I'll post it for visibility:

    https://pokemongosuit.com/the-clifton-law-firm%2C-llc

    *I made this exact post on tsr an hour ago, and it was deleted without warning. My apologies if this post also violates this group's rules.

    submitted by /u/HoodedClymbr
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Pokemon Go.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:00 PM PST

    This game is helping me so much.

    My dad recently got surgery on his back after 3 car accidents and getting seriously injured. And he was needing to walk to help heal his back.

    At the time I was really wanting a Pokemon game. Specifically Pokemon Emerald. But we couldn't afford it. So instead I downloaded Pokemon go on my phone and my dad's.

    This past 2 months we've been walking around the local park Lake Sacagawea. And it's done wonders for me and my dad. I also had a back surgery but when I was 5. And I had nerve damage to my legs. But Pokemon go had helped me so much.

    Thank you for this game, even though it was released in 2016.

    submitted by /u/Elhypersnyper
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go has helped me.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:38 PM PST

    For the last few years I've been depressed more than ever. I stopped going out, hanging out with people and was never social with other people. I always stayed inside watching Netflix and ate unhealthy all the time. This September I moved to another country and decided that I should restart.

    I started going to the gym which made me feel better. I started playing games and the game that has helped me the most is Pokemon Go. It motivates me to go outside and take a walk for about an hour or 2. I almost quit the gym but pokemon go keeps motivating me to go outside and do something. I am so grateful for this game. Thank you Niantic.

    submitted by /u/Zupyta
    [link] [comments]

    MRW I make a bad throw but the Pokemon jumps into it

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:18 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/0uS1Bnl

    Bonus points when it's great or excellent

    submitted by /u/skyguy13
    [link] [comments]

    TFW you nab a Zubat

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:20 AM PST

    with an excellent curveball on your first throw.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/f5XoT6Bf0Vj8RqEP5p/giphy.gif

    I've got my coffee, my Zubat, and my Snivy buddy; as far as I'm concerned, I'm the King of Tuesday, and the day's only started. I know some of you get those fist pumping throws, too!

    submitted by /u/tinyhands15
    [link] [comments]

    Perfect Mew

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:03 AM PST

    So I finished the Mew questline a few weeks ago and I was surprised to see that my Mew was perfect. After thinking about it for a while, I still have no clue what I should use it for. Should I max it out for raids and master league? Or should I make it into a great/ultra league Pokemon? Also, what moveset would be ideal for it?

    submitted by /u/degolfer222
    [link] [comments]

    Make Meltan Shiny Again!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Whatever the odds the little metal man would get, at least give Meltan his shiny chance back. This would finally make the Mystery Box interesting again. The Mystery Box is kinda useless in its current state... Once in all this time i got a good iv (93%) Meltan out of it, the rest is utter garbage iv-wise. Even if its just the regular 1 in 450 chance... (That still only equals like 1 shiny Meltan in 25 Mystery Boxes, but hey: it would be something!)

    submitted by /u/AFCA_tristan
    [link] [comments]

    For someone who constantly suffers from Stardust starvation, is it worthy to invest on a 94% Gengar?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:37 PM PST

    I literally had 6 (six) Stardust on the Sunday before this one, and now the Hatchaton Event made me go just over 200k. I'll probably get around 300k after Community Day.

    I am Level 33, and I have a really solid team, ranging from 3400 to 2000 CP, among various Types, with meta Pokémon, all on Level 30 or higher, with the right moves, but no Legendaries. I can Raid consistently, no matter what pops up.

    So, do you guys think it's worthy to invest on that bad boy to level 30? He's at level 10, which will spent about 100k Stardust.

    submitted by /u/lucasribeiro21
    [link] [comments]

    This event has been great for me in terms of Stardust. Take advantage if you're a PVPer, Team Rocket battler or raider!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:26 AM PST

    On the surface it just looks like some ridiculous search for shiny costumed Pokémon that hold no true relevancy. But beneath all of that is the real event. An event designed for Stardust grinders whether you use your free incubator or not.

    The event alone has put me 2mths ahead of where I would be next month and I couldn't be more thrilled. I will admit that I didn't even realize it until Sunday because honestly regardless of what is going on I just play. Gpod event, bad event, no event. I just play.

    This game always gives me a reason to venture out into the world and get some good excercise in. So to notice how quickly I'm earning Stardust after investing it in my 6 Virizion counters from last month is an even more reason to grind it out.

    submitted by /u/ImNotReallyANerd
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me, but does clicking the change name (pencil icon) much more difficult to press?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

    Please tell me I'm not going crazy on this :)

    Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler

    submitted by /u/Asian_Boi2091
    [link] [comments]

    There's not enough room in this town for the both of us... featuring Altaria and Noctowl

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:24 AM PST

    A pokemon go PVP prize print for this month's Silph Arena Fusion Cup! Altaria and Noctowl are quite strong in this month's cup so I thought I'd have some fun showing some tension between the two :D https://imgur.com/gallery/rHGbiK7

    submitted by /u/Saidypoo
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with quick berry feature

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:26 AM PST

    When I try to use the quick berry feature with my Zapdos the 'indicator' shows that the area to hit is way above my Pokemon (see attached image) and no matter where I throw it it won't hit. This issue appears to be isolated to this specific pokemon. Is anyone else having this problem?

    Quick berry issue

    submitted by /u/patriotn8
    [link] [comments]

    I need help beating Team Rocket

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:36 AM PST

    I don't know what it is, and maybe I just don't have the best mixture of Pokémon, but I can't seem to beat any of the leaders. Do you guys have any advice? I've also been stuck on trying to catch one more shadow Pokémon but can't seem to get those either.

    submitted by /u/Awsumincarn8
    [link] [comments]

    List of all Pokémon available to catch?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Does anyone know of a good updated resource? That is also sorted by when they were added and stuff. I've found some but they are simply like "complete pokedex" and list Pokémon that are not even available yet. I haven't played the main series handheld games in a few years so I'm not aware of a lot of the new Pokémon prior to their introduction to this game. I'm just looking for a list so I know what to track down. Also would be cool if the list showed what regionals are geared towards what region. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/djgeneral
    [link] [comments]

    Gift giving improvements

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:16 AM PST

    For the longest time, the process of gift giving has been the single worst part of Pokemon go for me. It's glitchy, super slow and painful. 1. I have in the past suggested on a thread that Niantic could improve the process by showing an icon next to friends indicating if they are eligible to receive a gift from you. This could simply be the "gift sent" icon in a different colour. 2. I also liked the 20 gift holding limit which is activated during special events. It makes such a big difference, that Niantic should consider making it permanent as a quality of life improvement. Stops me from having to check my inventory every 5 minutes to see how many gifts I have, and then spending 5 minutes sending them. 3. In Ingress, the game bookmarks the position in your inventory, where you were last browsing. Pokemon Go could implement that system for both browsing inventory as well as friends. Will save the hassle of the glitchy and laggy browsing of the friends list, while sending gifts. 4. I like how inventory space doesn't make a difference when receiving a daily raid pass. It would be so much better if gifts from stops/gyms would follow the same pattern! Most of the time, my inventory is full, and I'm having to delete things I received from the last 3-4 stops to make room for the next spin, just so I can get a gift to send. This in particular, is super annoying and makes the process of sending daily gifts to 40-50 people very time consuming. Niantic, please can each stop spin guarantee a gift drop (if within the limit), regardless of how much inventory space we have? This will make gift giving so much easier and faster, and leave so much more time for the actual fun parts of the game!!

    submitted by /u/r007ie
    [link] [comments]

    I Can’t find Giovanni. 15 Decoys and counting

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    So I'm a new player and this is my first post here so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

    In November I wasn't strong enough to finish the Team Rocket Challenge. December I got Zapdos and then while still in December I started the "A Challenging Development". About 5 days ago I got the special Giovanni Finder and since then I have only found Decoys. I have 12 shadow Bellsprouts and a few that I remember running from. Not sure if I have encountered a bug cause I started this quest in December. My first encounter of Giovanni in December when I got Zapdos I found him after only 1 Decoy. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to restart the challenge somehow? If so how do I do that?Anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/KHighEL
    [link] [comments]

    First Zero IV pokemon, ever.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:16 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/a/YJqaiv4

    Was just going through yesterday's batch of catches and found this bad boy sitting there calmly waiting to be appraised. Honestly, I was quite surprised with this one.

    submitted by /u/ChaaluAalu
    [link] [comments]

    PROBLEM evolving wurmple

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:23 AM PST

    I keep getting Wurmples in my 2 km eggs but they lack an evolve button. Am I doing something wrong? They are supposed to be evolvable right?

    submitted by /u/fullcup7899
    [link] [comments]

    A very excited Machamplax

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:14 AM PST

    So my bus stop gym had this entertaining combo today:

    https://imgur.com/a/wvQlBFx

    It was fun to beat, only to have my bus turn up as I defeated the last defender, and to have the "you beat this gym" screen stay on just long enough for my bus to drive off and leave the open gym behind me. :(

    submitted by /u/DonkeyKongsDong
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny party hat Woobuffet!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Decided to make a pit stop this morning when I saw the gym... turns out it really paid off!!! Really just wanted the party hat for the dex, but awesome.

    Shiny party hat Wobbuffet! https://imgur.com/gallery/hDnXAIu

    submitted by /u/jousharoger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment