• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Pokémon GO - 7-14-2016

    Pokémon GO - 7-14-2016


    7-14-2016

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:23 PM PST

    It was a simple request. "Mom, can the car be red?" Yes the car was red. Yes she could have ice cream. Yes the Wii was still hooked up. Simple requests to most, but huge milestones to me. 2016 was a tough year. My daughter, only 9 at the time, attempted to take her own life. Bullying was unbearable at her suburban elementary school, and her teachers did little to stop it. Her attempt on her life was followed by a car accident. Our car was totaled. I spent the days car shopping, twice daily visits to the hospital an hour away, and attempting to balance work and a relationship. I was overwhelmed.

    After her release from the hospital, my daughter received 4-hour therapy sessions at home. Sessions in which a counselor would come in and help my daughter practice her coping skills in daily life. Plus, this gave me a chance to breathe. Every single day since I found her, I worried about her safety. I slept little, ate less, and moved solely on autopilot. It was a nightmare I kept trying to wake up from. The counselor gave me a breath. Then two. Then three. Slowly, over a couple of months, we were able to transition our sessions out of the home.

    Enter Pokémon Go. Our counselor and hero introduced us to Pokémon Go a week after its release. She would take my daughter and I outside to walk around and catch these silly digital monsters. My bond with my daughter became stronger, and her confidence bloomed. Over time, we found a small community of people that were doing the same thing we were doing. It was fun. I had no idea the effects this game would have on my daughter's life, and mine.

    My daughter lost interest in the game itself, and migrated to games like Minecraft and heaven only knows what else. I ended up completely hooked on the game. I had to collect each and every digital monster possible. It was a way to take my mind off of life's stressors and relax after a tough day at work. This is where my life changed. At this moment.

    We have a local park that is home to many gyms and pokestops. It's a Pokémon trainer's paradise. There was a group of trainers that went all out to celebrate community days (a boosted spawn day of a certain Pokémon that would have a special attack move and possible different color-shiny variant). The game suddenly became social for me. As a person with crippling anxiety and in a (at the time) terrible relationship coupled with deep depression, Pokémon kept me going. It kept my family going. I attended these community days, took pictures with a giant snorlax, and met countless trainers. My confidence grew. Holy moly did it grow.

    Fast forward to 2019, I was a part of a great group of friends and had collected hundreds of different Pokémon (shinies included!). My daughter, who could now look me in the eye, was a pre-teen. I had graduated college with my MEd. The last step was to get rid of the heaviness that held me down. I broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 9 years. It didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected. My newfound freedom allowed me more confidence, and I went to parties with friends I trusted. My daughter was thriving. Life was GOOD.

    September 2019, I decided I was ready to start dating again. That I really had my life together and I was past most of my insecurities. My daughter had grown in her confidence (and in her sass). I won't say which site, but I joined a dating site for a month. After about 2 weeks of prospects that were not at all promising, I was ready to give up. Until one day. I checked the site so I could delete bots and get the little red notifications to go away. The man that "liked" me caught my eye, and made me laugh with his profile. I messaged him.

    A month or so into our dating relationship, he mentioned that I ended up on his "crossed paths with" list. As irony would have it, I had gone within a half mile of his house to catch a rare Unown. Had I not played the game, I would have likely never crossed paths with him. Spoiler alert. I still have the Unown-and the man. I have never been happier. He understands my love of the game, as he plays too. He has become my best friend and my biggest supporter. He treats me with respect and is respectfully affectionate. I have fallen hard for him, and cannot imagine my life without him.

    Pokémon Go saved my daughter. It saved me. It gave me the confidence to break away from a negative situation. I was able to find peace, happiness, and my best friend. If it wasn't for this game, I have no idea where I would be. To me, Pokémon Go is way more than a game.

    submitted by /u/NymphadoraHonkyTonks
    [link] [comments]

    Finally there!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:26 PM PST

    I've been playing since Day 1, very casually, doing my one raid a day when I find the time, community days, playing with a few friends. In no hurry to level up, instead enjoying my process and journey. Today I hit level 40! Feels kind of bittersweet that my XP means less now but pretty cool to see! And excited to submit my first stop suggestion, of course.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/OHC8D9x

    AND to top it off, my first level 40 hatch was a shiny party hat pichu!! Happy level 40 to me

    https://imgur.com/gallery/xlFBwEm

    Edit: thanks for the silver, friend!

    submitted by /u/lil-poptart123
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic's Red Warning system makes zero sense?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    I'm confused by the concept behind Niantic's red warning system.

    Many people who violate the ToS defend their actions with some form of "Why do you care? How does it affect you?" And honestly, I don't really care if someone spoofs and catches a hundred shiny Gible or multi-accounts and does solo raids with their ten accounts.

    Now, the red warning basically does one thing - it hides uncommon/rare Pokémon from the player for the duration of the warning. Uh, okay? If I don't care about one of these players catching rare Pokémon, I sure don't care if they can't catch them for a week.

    But what does affect me and other players - gym activity. Spoofers aggressively taking gyms is one of the biggest repeat annoyances in the game. It's the only part of the game that forces players to be negatively affected by other players.

    So, the question is, why can "red warning" players still interact with gyms during their warning period?

    submitted by /u/MegaPatomon
    [link] [comments]

    Found a shiny in my first hour of playing

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Created my account and then went for a wander down to one of the only Pokestops in my village, then found this after only eight encounters with other Pokemon!

    https://imgur.com/a/PLTr2CO

    submitted by /u/Sleep4Lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    Fairly new to the game. Question about taking over a gym.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

    The gyms in my town appear to have fairly weak Pokémon guarding them. For example 1 gym "yellow team, I'm red" has a CP level 441, 470, and 419 guarding it. I've got a 1413 Vaporeon, 1012 Tauros, 1001 Magmar. Can I use all of these to help take over or will only 1 Pokémon fight all of these? I could turn this into multiple question I suppose but could one of the veterans give your feedback on this? I didn't want to walk into this gym blind not having a clue how it actually worked.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/proudfather1986
    [link] [comments]

    [Humor] Me: “Why is my Pokémon storage always full?” Also me:

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:33 PM PST

    I don't know why, but I love catching and saving every event pikachu I can. I eventually have to get rid of most of them when the event ends, but I always keep 9 of each. Not for trading, I just really love them.

    Edit: forgot the image lol

    https://imgur.com/gallery/8x2uVoF

    submitted by /u/freaknSpud
    [link] [comments]

    Finally caught a Ditto!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:46 AM PST

    Kids: "Dad, why are you catching a Weedle, we don't need any of those?" Me: "because it could be a Ditto". Kids: "Oh" Pokemon go "Oh!"

    submitted by /u/AndrewKillen
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot login into my childs account

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Hello,

    I have installed this app on an old phone as my son is getting into pokemon recently. I created an account for him and followed the steps here

    https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002073814-How-do-I-add-a-child-to-my-Pok%C3%A9mon-Trainer-Club-account-

    I am trying to login into his account (tried on two phones) and am getting "The pokemon terms of service have not been accepted for your account. To play this game, please have a parent or guardian log into his or her account and accept the terms for your account."

    I swear I already did this when I added his account to mine. What can I do to resolve this error?

    submitted by /u/Bigd1979666
    [link] [comments]

    "Ok, first to make it to the 50 kilometres wins!"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/tz1AwJQ.jpg

    Fun fact, some FB groups in my country do competitions like this: Check each one's current total distance, and whoever reaches 5 or 10 more kilometres quicker wins.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    We, gf and i found this eeveelution themed gym, and decided to collaborate!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:15 PM PST

    We found these three cute eeveelutions hanging out in this gym, so we added some of ours, Glaceon is mine and Espeon is my gf's one, they all look pretty cute together if you ask me! https://i.imgur.com/2k6kXH3.jpg

    submitted by /u/RaccoonLoyce
    [link] [comments]

    My luckiest morning in PoGo so far!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:30 PM PST

    I opened PoGo this morning after my morning walk, and, as usual, a 2k egg was hatching from adventure sync. It was a hatted pichu (again) but then I noticed some sparkles. Lo and behold, I'd hatched a shiny! I then looked in my Pokémon and saw my Gotcha had also caught a shiny charmander on my walk. A few hours later, I was at work, opened PoGo, and clicked on a hatted pikachu. Amazingly it was shiny too! Outside of community day, I've never got a costumed shiny (sunglasses squirtle being the one I do have), so to get two in a morning was awesome!

    https://imgur.com/a/9GkkLxd

    submitted by /u/GoldenTorc1969
    [link] [comments]

    Cosmetic idea

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:03 PM PST

    So, going over our cosmetic/customization options its very plentiful and tons of references/throwbacks to the main games. What I would love to see come next is the Pokemon Ranger outfits from the games. If we can have Brock's clothes and Misty's clothes from the games, it would be a great idea to have the Pokemon rangee outfits added as well. They even bought Shadow Pokemon from Colossieum and XD into the light, so they should shine the light on another underrated series.

    submitted by /u/PeterCosmos
    [link] [comments]

    Is Pokemon GO down for you guys or is it just me?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

    I'm in America right now and I disconnected from the servers and now I cannot login. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Skyrus_Lightcast
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone that's lvl. 40 please help me request a Poke Stop?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:50 AM PST

    I live in a rural area where there are no pokemons, and the nearest poke stop or gym are a good few kilometers away.

    I'm playing the game for more than a year and a half and I just hit only level 20 (with the help of a friend), and have only discovered about 100 different pokemons.

    Having a Poke Stop in our village would help me and my friends greatly! So if it is possible, please help us! (I would send all the information you need if you decide to help us.)

    submitted by /u/_Night_Blood_
    [link] [comments]

    Casual player - just won first raid and ran out of balls to catch Heatran.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:27 AM PST

    So I'm a very casual player and I just won my first raid against a Heatran. I go to the catch phase and I run out of balls because the thing is jumping around and its impossible to time a throw that hits and now I'm sad inside because I really wanted that Heatran.

    What is the best berry to use in a raid catch phase? I was using Golden Raspberries to make it easier to catch but I could only get 2 hits because of how much it moved. I could have used Nanabs to stop it moving so much but then it's much harder to catch. What am I supposed to do?

    submitted by /u/N3V4N5
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokemon do you walk for your Buddy ?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    I currently walk a Luacario. I think he will be useful as a best Buddy in the future than I'm going to move onto Deino for the candy to evolve him in the future. What will you do and why ?

    submitted by /u/BillMose
    [link] [comments]

    Purified aura is ugly

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:03 PM PST

    I have a hundo purified Crobat and a shundo purified Stantler. I don't particularly like the shadow version either, but imo the purified aura and Its consistent presence even in battle is annoying and looks weird and cheap. Wdyt?

    submitted by /u/killadrill
    [link] [comments]

    And I almost transferred it

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:16 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/hGAFb8H

    So today I caught this gastly in an investigation and almost transferred it right after (I thought the 100 iv was arround 540 cp), but I decided to double check... thanks god...

    submitted by /u/Nicolcfc99
    [link] [comments]

    A way to be constantly updated.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:49 PM PST

    Does Niantic have a blog or Twitter account that shows us what their future plans are (Maybe even devolopers who use their own social media to keep you updated). Things to keep us excited that's not just community days, new Pokemon and Legendary. Updates that are more like new features, level cap increase and anything else of that sorts?

    submitted by /u/PKGamer19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment