• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Machamp and Me - Best Friend Journey to 10,000 Battles

    Pokémon GO - Machamp and Me - Best Friend Journey to 10,000 Battles


    Machamp and Me - Best Friend Journey to 10,000 Battles

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:33 AM PST

    Just wanted to share an achievement I've been working toward for awhile. Ten thousand battles on my Machamp.

    It started in 2018 when I caught this perfect Machop and decided to make him my partner in gym battles. When the Buddy Adventure update was released, I felt he deserved to be the first to get the ribbon among my Pokémon. It also gave me a renewed desire to go toward the 10k battles with him. If I look at this game in terms of hourly content, this Machamp and I had been through a lot.

    As I was getting closer to hitting best friends, I realized I could try to coordinate hitting 10,000 gym battles with him as well. To make things even more tricky, I wanted to hit best friends ON the 10,000th battle. I had to delay hitting best friends by a little bit to try to make that work, but I was finally able to do it last night!

    Here's a little collage I put together of my stats that night.

    https://imgur.com/a/d9pYjTp

    As you can see, Machamp makes up ~60.7% of all my gym battles. He's taken quite a beating going against Pokémon I shouldn't have made him face, but he typically does well with Counter, Dynamic Punch, and Rock Slide. He's been known as Kai, Lord Dagon, and now Gilgamesh.

    Thanks, Niantic, for the years of fun. Looking forward to what 2020 (and beyond) brings to the game.

    submitted by /u/ThePonzzz
    [link] [comments]

    If we are going to have Rhyhorn Community Day Next month...

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:11 PM PST

    Can we at least move him towards the camera a little more? Seriously they are so far away and most of the time I miss my balls because of that, or I just suck.

    submitted by /u/BerserkWings15
    [link] [comments]

    3-Star Shiny Alolan Ninetails & Vulpix

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:39 AM PST

    3-star shiny alolan Ninetails and Vulpix

    I saw a post here earlier about someone hatching a shiny alolan Vulpix. I've hatched a ton of alolan Vulpix lately and kept only the 3-stars (about 6 of them). Because the shiny looks so similar to the normal, I decided to see if I overlooked a shiny.

    Lo and behold one was sitting among my 3 stars! I also had evolved my highest IV alolan Vulpix earlier, and it just so happened it was also a shiny!

    submitted by /u/Eleighlo
    [link] [comments]

    It appears I have been banished to the void...

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    I have committed too many atrocities, so I have been banished....

    (I really don't know what happened. I checked the rocket radar in a parking lot, didn't click out of it for the "there's no leaders around" dialogue, and drove home. When I clicked out of it at home this happened. I've done this before and this has never occurred)

    https://imgur.com/a/TCUnj5a

    submitted by /u/Sweetciety
    [link] [comments]

    After so long, we finally made it buddy

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:33 PM PST

    After a very long absence from the game, and after a LOT of walking, I can finally evolve my magikarp

    submitted by /u/Avi_2K
    [link] [comments]

    Private ex raid groups should not exist as it is unfair and unjust, please hear me out

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Imagine you get invited to an ex-raid you're all hyped up and ready to get that pokemon and you arrive there are more than enough people there for you to get it. But then you realize there is no one currently in the group whilst everyone else is in a lobby. They would obviously be in a private group, so you ask to join and they won't let you.
    Imagine that a group of people that all know each other won't help another person out that they do not know. Would it hurt them letting someone they didn't know get the pokemon as well? Imagine you just there watching everyone else happily catching their pokemon while you were just left in the dust, disappointed. It would be alright if everyone wasn't a selfish prick who doesn't want to share with others.
    Me personally I have gone to too far many ex-raids only to repeat the same scenario and bullshit again of private groups that refuse to let you join. It's infuriating and annoying, not doing ex-raids anymore it's literally just a meetup for all the high-level players.
    I'm not going to fall for this waste of time anymore, so many hours of me waiting when I could have been doing other things, I honestly hate my local community with a passion. I'm sure you're not all like this but everyone that plays pokemon go where I am are pricks.

    submitted by /u/NoobaDoobaYeet
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Lunar New Year Event Starts Today! Don't open your gifts yet!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    This is a reminder there is an event that starts today that also involves with gifts and trades. Starting at 1 P.M Pacific Standard Time and for the Eastern Time is 4 P.M. After that you will get a chance to get Rare Candy when you open gifts, increase chance at lucky friends and increase chance in lucky trading! I made a post about this earlier but someone noted to me that it's different times depending on your timezone. I know there will be certain Pokemon that will spawn today after that time too but this was mostly meant to remind you to not open your gifts yet. Also to note Latios and Latias will start appearing in raids today after the event starts.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy Adventure Improvements

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Hi All

    Just want to start with i am very happy with 'Buddy Adventure' it is a great feature and i am very glad that Niantic has finally implemented it after all these years. I have come up with a few improvements that i would like to see:

    1. Make 'Gifts' and 'Souvenirs' look different.
    2. Make it so that we can easily know what 'emotion' our buddy currently has. At the moment all you get is a face after tapping on your buddy on the map or in the top right corner of the buddy screen, this should really also show the name of the emotion and some kind of graphic to show us how far away we are to make our buddy go up an emotion level.
    3. Make it so that we can see 'how many hearts left till next buddy level'.
    4. Either get rid of or replace 'Visit a new place'. It is pointless for 90% of us who play this game, nobody is going to 'save pokestops to visit'. Instead i propose that this gets replaced with some kind of task where each pokestop has a 'happiness value' (e.g. 1 - 5, this would change daily) for your buddy. Each time you visit a pokestop whilst walking your buddy this value would get assigned to your buddy. So for example it could go something like this: Pokestop1: 3hv, Pokestop2: 2hv, Gym1: 4hv, Pokestop3: 5hv. Then the task could become something like 'Gain 10hv by visiting pokestops with your buddy'. Please note this is just a very rough idea.
    5. Fix the 'Find Location' feature. i have never ever had my buddy 'find' a location for me.

    I am sure there are many other improvements that could be made to 'Buddy Adventure' but these are a few that i have come up with. Please let me know what you think or feel free to share your own ideas.

    submitted by /u/danbywinby
    [link] [comments]

    Attempted Gunpoint Robbery while I was playing this Weekend

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:59 PM PST

    A friendly reminder to be careful when playing!

    It was 2 AM in downtown LA after a Sunday night show, and I decided to grind some eggs since I was only 2 miles from home, public transit is useless that late, and an Uber would have been $10.

    I was walking through Rampart Village, and I passed some guy sitting in the passenger seat of his car with the window rolled down. He started shouting at me to come over. At first, I thought he was offering an illegal taxi ride or catcalling me, then I noticed he was waving around a handgun. He said "Hey Lady, Come Here!", pointing his gun at me. I'd remembered some stories about people escaping muggers by acting weird, not following the mugger's cues, and in general refusing to cooperate or act like a victim. And I'm too fucking poor to replace my IDs and shitty phone. So I pretended not to notice, said "Sorry, have to keep moving!" and hurried past him.

    He started cursing and screaming at me, then fired a shot... And it sounded fake as hell, like a toy cap gun. I realized he must have been bluffing, and took my chance to escape around the corner and lose the guy. It had completely looked like a real handgun! Adult sized, realistic and modern design, no orange tip. If he hadn't pulled the trigger, I would never have seen through his ruse.

    The next 30 minutes of walking home were a nightmare. I was so scared he was going to hunt me down and hurt me. He could bring a friend with a real gun, chase after me and stab me, hit me with his car... My thoughts were swirling . I stripped down to my long-sleeve black undershirt so I'd be harder to recognize and hurried home, flinching whenever a dark 4-door car drove to close. I didn't feel safe again until I was home behind several layers of locked doors. And still, the adrenaline and anxiety of the situation kept me up all night thinking of every awful way things could have gone wrong.

    I've always been an avid walker. I used to walk 4 miles to get home from school every day. I'd walk around my hometown late at night all the time. And then I moved to a big city and kept my habit of wandering about at all hours. Sure, there were some sketchy folks. But I never felt seriously unsafe until this past Sunday night. Whenever people said "It's dangerous to walk alone at night" I just laughed them off dismissively.

    Having a hostile person hold me at gunpoint really made me reconsider how blase I've been with my safety. I got lucky as hell. There are so many ways that I might be dead today, had things played out slightly differently.

    Exercise your better judgment. Pokemon Go can be fun, but you don't want to get hurt or worse from stepping in a hole, walking into a speeding car, making yourself an easy target for muggers, or anything else. Take care of yourself!

    TL;DR: He was bluffing with a realistic cap gun. It was still a dangerous situation and scared me to hell. Here's my receipts of my GPS coords and a groupchat convo with friends from that night. The Red X is where the mugger was parked.

    submitted by /u/OhGodTechnology
    [link] [comments]

    Just hatched a 3 star shiny Gible!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:04 AM PST

    Just hatched a shiny 3 star Gible!

    Opened up a few 10k eggs and ended up scoring a decent gible, a few of the community members said it was rare and to share it on here.

    https://m.imgur.com/Vy5PAfC?r

    submitted by /u/ARandomDeadDude
    [link] [comments]

    Playing with a toddler

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Hello, my almost 4 year old enjoys playing Pokémon let's go on the switch, we allow him to play a bit after day care and before dinner.

    On my off days, I like to go out with him a bit and o thought it would be really fun to go hunt Pokémon with him, of course I will hold the mobile and guide the experience. I'm just curious to know if other parents have/had the same experience. Did you child become too addicted to be point where they only wanted to leave home if it were to play Pokémon? That's my only fear to be honest.

    submitted by /u/AngryBiker
    [link] [comments]

    After evolving my Eevee into Espeon, the Walk Together doesn't move afterwards!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:37 AM PST

    It is on 0.00km (Walk Together) and 0 hearts and I've already walked it about 12.2km today.

    Did it reset and not counts as your previous Eevee anymore? I felt cheated :(

    submitted by /u/karoshi97
    [link] [comments]

    Disappearing Gyms at Denver International Airport?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:20 AM PST

    This morning I was flying through DIA and all of the gyms were invisible or out of phase. They didn't show up on the map or the radar, they weren't clickable, but my PoGo+ was able to pick them up. This is only for the gyms on the Concourses, too - the gyms in the main Terminal were still present.

    Anyone else see this behavior either at DIA or other airports? Any ideas what's going on?

    submitted by /u/codebluebird
    [link] [comments]

    The new free evolve after trading features for new playesr are pretty great :)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:42 AM PST

    I noticed that a magnetic lure (amongst a few others) was placed in a park outside of my house. Still not having evolved my glorious magneton in an even better magnezone I figured i'd go down and enjoy some of the rarer spawns.

    Noticed two guys on their phones and immediately recognized them as fellow Pogo players. It turned out they were extremely new, having just hit level 20 and reeling over CP 500-600 mons. After a brief show-off session and some chatting about the game, I offered them each a 1000+ CP Machoke, abra and ghastly (they didn't have kadabra/haunter yet meaning the dust cost would've been too high).

    The kick that these two guys got out of evolving their machoke's for free and grabbing a HUGE machamp was pretty awesome :) They've also promised to pinap every abra and ghastly they see for those respective evolutions.

    I myself was kinda salty about the whole conkeldurr costing 200 candy whilst only being able to be aquired from methods which guarentee at least a 10/10/10 IV but was glad to see that especially newer players really can receieve a solid boost through the free trades!

    Bit of a ramble but had to share :) Happy hunting everyone!

    EDIT: One of them even got this 'weird green onix'. I had to stifle a slight grunt of frustration as he was dissapointed at it's 'low CP' haha

    submitted by /u/Googagoogago
    [link] [comments]

    Small thing: Shadows, actual player shadows?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/0lHhtV7

    I opened the game recently, and as you can see, the player casts shadow. Is this new?

    Edit: Pls tell if image doesnt load

    submitted by /u/CaptainPhiIips
    [link] [comments]

    Rare candies and legendary Pokemons

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:24 AM PST

    I have a 100% IV Lugia, a 91% IV Entei, a 93% IV Groudon, a 91% IV Kyogre and a 84% IV Moltres...

    So my question is if I should use my rare candies on any of these (if so which one) or do I wait to get a better one?

    submitted by /u/zigmuspigmus
    [link] [comments]

    Best fitness watch?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Hi, I walk loads during my job but I have to leave my phone turned off in my locker I was wondering what would be the best fitness/step counter for me in this situation, I'd appreciate any help thanks.

    submitted by /u/nikkionbass
    [link] [comments]

    Team Go Rocket February Research data mined - A Professor's Work Is Never Done

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:16 AM PST

    Are Team Rocket Bosses determined by some level of s2 cell?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:54 AM PST

    I earned another rocket radar yesterday and attempted to battle my last boss to complete this monthly Giovanni challenge, was stoked to see 4 sightings just within my field of view on my college campus. I was set to a halt when all 4 sightings were the same boss, which I already defeated this month.

    Are rocket boss locations governed by who is designated to a certain s2 cell, whereas every location that will have a boss in an area for the day will be overseen by a random boss? If so, what cell level is it?

    From a business standpoint, this makes sense since Team Rocket is sort of like a business. Chain restaurants usually have what they call a district manager who makes sure every business within a certain geographical location is up and running smoothly. Each manager is assigned to a location, which makes these managers (rocket bosses) middlemen between the workers (the grunts) and the higher ups of the company (Giovanni).

    submitted by /u/L4SoBoss
    [link] [comments]

    Best Buddy time?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:06 AM PST

    I've been sat with my Mewtwo for 36 days The last heart is basically full here, are they literally trying to milk it for all it's worth? There is no visible space left to fill!

    (https://ibb.co/fYbfwZq) here's what I can see, has anyone got a Pokémon to best buddy yet? What's the deal?

    submitted by /u/angry-guru
    [link] [comments]

    Had a leftover egg from Hatchathon event.. !!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/kgORhWt.png

    I had one last 2km egg from last week's event that I finally got around to hatching. Talk about saving the best for last!

    submitted by /u/Chef-Brad
    [link] [comments]

    Team Rocket was kind enough to give me this little fella! (100% PVE & PVP Sandshrew)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:13 AM PST

    It started out as 93% shadow Sandshrew and after purifying it, I was surprised it got both perfect PVP and PVE stats.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/mg3Oz4H

    Edit:

    In-game appraisal image:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/TQvcJv2

    submitted by /u/karoshi97
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic won't let me delete my account

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:58 AM PST

    I sent a request for account deletion since i've not used the app in years and this is what i've got:

    You are receiving this email because you have submitted a request for your Pokemon Go account to be deleted. We are writing to inform you that we have been unable to process your request because, in connection with pending litigation, Niantic currently has a legal obligation to retain certain information pertaining to some of its products and features, which includes some US player account information. Your support ticket has been closed. We recommend that you check back in periodically to know whether we can accept your deletion request in the future. Please know that we are unable to offer any further information regarding this topic at this time.

    I'm not an US resident nor have i ever used the app in the US so this looks like bullshit to me.

    submitted by /u/Alkisterrn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment