• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    Pokémon GO - [Story] A Well-placed Purrloin

    Pokémon GO - [Story] A Well-placed Purrloin


    [Story] A Well-placed Purrloin

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:18 PM PST

    I think this might be the only community that would enjoy this story. Last night, we made the decision to put our kitty to sleep. He'd been sick for awhile (chronic kidney disease and cancer), so it was expected, but still one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

    After it was over, we decided to play Pokémon Go just long enough to get our daily streaks. We opened the game, still in the parking lot of the vet's office, and found a Purrloin right outside!

    Of course, we both caught him immediately. Named him 'Snoopy,' after this handsome fella.

    RIP, my furry friend. You'll live on as a tiny pocket monster now :-)

    submitted by /u/therealyakkob
    [link] [comments]

    I made a wish, and used up all my luck for the next 1,000 years

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:23 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/c8Wl8A2.png

    So yea, a perfect one. That was unexpected. Anyone else manage to get a full value of a 1-time Pokemon?

    submitted by /u/Spindash54
    [link] [comments]

    Silph road sent me here: Niantic is wasting millions of players hours due to their incredible laziness

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:14 AM PST

    So thesilphroad apparently does not appreciate ranting so here goes:

    I need to vent.

    With every new feature added to the game, there is always something that is introduced, that wastes players time. These things never get fixed in the future, as new features bring more money than improving old ones.

    Let's take the new buddy system. Why do I need to see an unnecessary animation after every berry. Why do I need to select a new berry every time? It works for gym feeding, why not do the same thing for the buddy system. I am not even going into the tasks like taking a picture or playing with the buddy which are complete chors and brainless actions.

    Why has the friend system not been improved in all this time? Most of the requested features from the community such as swiping or indicators for presents are already in the game in some shape or form but yet Niantics laziness will lead to no implementation. Where is the damn skip raid lobby button? Is this so hard?

    I find it mind-blowing that Pokémon go is in the same league revenue-wise as huge video games such as fortnite or others while providing the minimum game quality that is actually possible.

    Rant over

    submitted by /u/isotope91
    [link] [comments]

    So Hyped for this shiny http://imgur.com/gallery/meKDjBF

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:26 AM PST

    Went out from my House and realized there was an ongoing raid nearby. Had nothing to do so thought why not. Raticate raid went smoothly and BAM shiny raticate. 2020 is off to a great start for me. http://imgur.com/gallery/meKDjBF

    submitted by /u/wfflee
    [link] [comments]

    My new favorite ��

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:08 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/a/ml2yapV Got this cutie in an egg today! IV could be better but I'm still very happy about him 💜

    submitted by /u/Jeppeboy
    [link] [comments]

    Omg shiny wurmple!!!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:01 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/dNDtUX9

    Finally after tree whole years of playing I've hatched my first ever shiny out of an egg and he even has a hat!!!! I'm so happy right now. Thanks to Guus for tapping the egg.

    submitted by /u/noot13
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do with a hundo Event Pichu?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:34 AM PST

    I have no specific need whatsoever for Electric Pokémons (already have good Electivire, Magnezon and even a 3000 CP Melmetal).

    So, what do I do with this little guy? Evolve and level up anyways? Just evolve? Leave him like that as a trophy? What would have more value?

    submitted by /u/lucasribeiro21
    [link] [comments]

    Mass Transfer

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:20 PM PST

    First off, I know this has been mentioned before, I think it would be nice if when we hold a pokemon to mass transfer we have an option to select include event pokemon, I have no need for an army of party hat pickachu

    submitted by /u/Thomaslikestofish
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched my first perfect Pokemon at lv. 34 from a 10km egg today.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:41 PM PST

    Pokémon go

    Not that exciting to some, but it's taken me this long, so nevertheless it's an achievement I felt worth sharing. Happy hunting and egg hatching 🐣

    Hatched my first perfect Pokemon at lv. 34 from a 10km egg today.

    submitted by /u/bengtheman
    [link] [comments]

    This was definetly my hardest Field Research (5 great curveball throw in a row), not expected a Shiny reward.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:54 AM PST

    After a lot of wasted balls I finally completed one of the hardest research in the game and got Spinda as reward. I was totally shocked when it turned out to be a Shiny one. I think it's a pretty nice adition to my collection. :)

    https://imgur.com/BSw6RnZ

    submitted by /u/LordH3lios
    [link] [comments]

    My first shiny from egg!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Hi! I just hatched my first shiny in Pokemon Go. This took me 178 eggs. Is this Pokemon rare? http://imgur.com/gallery/Ydshz2Z

    submitted by /u/VerteZus0L
    [link] [comments]

    Things I wish I knew when I started and general tips that the game doesn't tell you

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:34 PM PST

    I see a lot of local players/friends make some of these mistakes and when I'm out raiding with random people we end up teaching each other a lot, so I've been thinking about a post like this for a while. I myself just learned that you can trade Meltan even though it's mythical, so I'm by no means saying I'm an expert, but these small things could improve and optimize your gameplay!

    1. Biggest one for me since my friends list is pretty long now: if there is a blue glow behind a friend's player icon on the friends list, your friendship has already gone up that day. DON'T OPEN ANOTHER GIFT (unless you really need the items). I never send a gift the same day I open one since a lot of people make this mistake.

    2. If you have a reliable trading partner (sibling, parent, child, partner, friend), keep ALL super high CP Pokemon to "reroll" with them, especially when you both catch the same high CP/bad IV mon! IVs can change drastically when trading, but the CP stays within a pretty small range on either side of the current CP. If IVs turn out better or even lucky, the Pokemon is already a high level! Another tip about trading, when you see the CP range on the trade screen, the top number means the resulting IVs would be perfect.

    3. Feed berries to gym defenders for 20 stardust each. It's not much, but it's honest work! You can only feed 10 at a time to a Pokemon, but you can feed other Pokemon in the gym! I pretty much never keep nanabs especially since the Scyther research is gone now, so I give away those first. Buddy system is also good for berry dumping now.

    4. If you plan to raid with a group of people and do multiple raids, keep your pass from the day before, you'll use it first, spin the gym after you raid, and get another orange daily pass for that day to use immediately.

    5. If you level up or have been raiding a bunch and go way over the item limit, you can keep your "spin a Pokestop" streak alive by spinning a gym the next day. If you are spinning for a raid pass, you can spin a gym while your bag is full. In case you don't want to drop a ton of good items!

    6. If you plan to travel somewhere and want to trade for legendaries or rare regionals, look for a Discord server or Facebook group before you go so that you can add friends early and reduce stardust trading costs. I've never done this but a guy from London did it with the Discord I'm in and I got a cheap Pansear out of it!

    7. Weather changes on the hour, so if you don't like the weather boost on a raid and it lasts past the next hour, wait and see if the weather changes.

    8. Learn to love the search bar! It is very powerful and can make box clean up and organization a lot easier: https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/guide-search-bar

    9. Don't keep a ton of evolutionary items. If you already have the Pokemon for your Dex entries, I wouldn't keep more than 2 or 3 of each.

    10. For catching legendaries: hold the ball totally still and watch the circle pulse. Let go, not throwing the ball, when the circle is where you want it (great, excellent, whatever you want). Now don't pick up the ball again until the Pokemon does their attack (not jump). Start spinning while the Pokemon is attacking and throw right before it's done attacking. The circle will stay the same size as the last time you were holding the ball, so if you throw accurately, you can nail excellents a little easier! But beware the double attack...

    If I missed anything let me know! I'm sure there's still a lot I don't know.

    submitted by /u/TheBunji11
    [link] [comments]

    Piplup Confirmed for Community Day!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:59 AM PST

    I got this derpy guy today

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:53 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/eTPkrAA I got a present yesterday with an egg, I was able to hatch the egg today and got a Meowth which I evolved into a Persian who has a hilarious face Edit: not shiny

    submitted by /u/DyeZaster
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny A-Vulpix Not in Research Tasks

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Missing pokecoins

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:31 AM PST

    So one of my Pokemon was defending a gym for 6days and 15hrs straight and was just defeated, however I never got any coins or even a notification that it was defeated. Is there a reason for this?

    submitted by /u/CaptRourke
    [link] [comments]

    MSpil used 'teach Lucario to feed herself.' It was not very effective

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/74CP0xL

    I love the new buddy system, but remembering to feed your buddy 3 times a day is getting to be a bit of a chore. This is how I feel when feeding my buddy now.

    submitted by /u/MSpil
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Eggs?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:40 AM PST

    I've just discovered this in my egg inventory;

    https://reddit.com/link/embavx/video/aija9tx3wr941/player

    I'm unsure as to whether or not it means anything though?
    I asked in my local community discord (which is pretty active, it's a big city), and no one seems to know.

    I hatched one of these just before I noticed - it had the shiny animation over it before the hatch animation finished, it came out as a not-so-great (hatch)stat Piplup.

    Does anyone know what's up with this? :)

    submitted by /u/QuantumDelta
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Lucario!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:43 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/MICwOQw

    Thought I'd do my usual shtick and feed my buddy... Didn't expect him to shrink so small though!

    submitted by /u/Bobblee20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment