• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Which raider are you?

    Pokémon GO - Which raider are you?


    Which raider are you?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:04 PM PST

    There are many types of raiders in Pokémon Go.

    1. Group Leader - Usually has a group of 5 or more people and discuses the viable options to effectively take down the boss.

    2. The Casual - Does raids whenever they have the chance, doesn't raid often.

    3. Lone Wolf - Emerges from the shadows and is level 40, leaves right after the raid is done.

    4. The Only When Necessary Person - Only raids when they have to complete a research task for it, usually have plenty of pokeballs to go around.

    5. The Enthusiast - Has 3 or more phones and mostly plays for shinies or high ivs.

    6. The Newbie - Asks you to help catch it for them, usually is below lvl 25.

    7. That Social Person - Talks about the current raid bosses and the cp level you should be looking out for, is a long time player.

    8. The Guy Who Wants To Get Carpal Tunnel - Rapidly taps the attack button, even when the boss is shrinking.

    9. The Guy Who Wants To Get Arthritis - Rapidly swipes to avoid all damage possible, is usually team instinct.

    10.The Pro - Makes causal conversation while attacking the boss, throws an excellent every time.

    11.The Spoofer - That one person that is always in your lobbies, but you can't seem to find where they are.

    12.The Shiny Hunter - Hopes to have a shiny encounter but is unlucky every time.

    Bonus! The Rural Player - Never has the opportunities to do raids, and has like 10 flower crown eevees.

    edit: clarified some types format, added new types based off comments . glad everyone enjoyed finding out which type they are, of course there are many more types not on this list!

    submitted by /u/SugarUnicorns
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't we see the total hearts needed for our next buddy level like we can for our next Friendship level?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:58 PM PST

    Basically what I am asking in the title. Its bizarre to me that I can see exactly how many days I need for everyone on my friends list til I become Best Friends, Ultra Friends ect.

    When it comes to out Poké buddies, why the secrecy? Why doesn't it just say you need "x" amount of hearts til you reach Great/Ultra/Best buddies?

    submitted by /u/JMartell77
    [link] [comments]

    Got a shiny Ponyta!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/1T23sHD

    Have a look at what I caught today. A Ponyta in blue flames is really worth having. One more shiny added to the collection.

    submitted by /u/artistic_sage
    [link] [comments]

    Had to Take a Picture of Alolan Vulpix in Snow!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:07 AM PST

    It was snowing around here yesterday, and there was more snow earlier this morning. I thought it was perfect to take a picture of Alolan Vulpix in its natural habitat! 😁

    https://imgur.com/slAmBLV

    submitted by /u/Ghost_XS
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny party hat Raticate, a nice surprise from a raid today

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:25 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/cgAU0ca.jpg

    Once the raid was over, I immediately took down the gym, just so I could show him off.

    submitted by /u/JonnyBhoy
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Pokémon should have particle effects on your profile.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Shadow buddy Pokémon emit purple flames. Purified buddy Pokémon shine bright white. Why not include the sparkle particle effect on shiny buddy Pokémon? The alternate coloration is quite cool, but why skip out on the sparkles?

    submitted by /u/quitefast
    [link] [comments]

    My first Heatran ever is shiny!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:03 PM PST

    I was out with my wife this afternoon (she also plays) and ended up on a raid that had a few other players waiting to do the raid, we joined in and I was lucky enough to get a shiny Heatran on my first time! I also wasn't playing when he was first released so it's my first ever Heatran.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Mfpsxm1

    submitted by /u/alexchaoss
    [link] [comments]

    This ponyta is broken, might have to transfer

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:18 AM PST

    Flame machine broke https://imgur.com/gallery/V6Lzdhl They kinda cute tho

    My first shiny, i was so happy to see it after just leaving the beach :)

    submitted by /u/MatGunman
    [link] [comments]

    Wimmy Wham Wham Wozzle!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:22 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/eS8VZxs

    The original party worm has come to Pokémon Go! I haven't had much luck with shinies so far, so this was really exciting!

    submitted by /u/ChopperC110P
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shinies Batman!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:11 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/3H0bVaJ

    So today not only did I manage to get several shinies I have been missing, but to top it all off, I managed to snag a Shiny Heatran.

    Super unexpected, this is my first shiny legendary ever, so it's extra special to me.

    submitted by /u/robmeister66
    [link] [comments]

    Eventually got one!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    So last night, just after 2am, I saw this on my radar. Went out to get it because it needed to be done. Had to walk across a dark field to get it. Pokestop is right at the top under my GPS tag (so about a 10 minute walk). Definitely worth it. https://i.imgur.com/kfcfvO8.jpg

    submitted by /u/CragDoll
    [link] [comments]

    Whoa

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:55 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/aMPvN5G

    Damn... That's what I call lucky! Never thought of even hatching a reasonable IV one and now this happen :D So, nie I've achieved this one I am pretty satisfied for a while i'd say.

    submitted by /u/blueChef_
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Sneasel is so pretty!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:22 AM PST

    Not that I'll ever get another Sinnoh Stone though. Those are harder to find than the shiny!

    https://i.imgur.com/yPpHTiO.jpg

    submitted by /u/binkylamont
    [link] [comments]

    A little Party Hat Wurmple I made

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:16 AM PST

    I don't work with clay much, but I made this a year ago hoping Party Hat Wurmple would be in the game, and now that he's finally here I thought I would post it.

    https://imgur.com/a/ujKOKU5

    submitted by /u/mossfire
    [link] [comments]

    My Second Wild Zweilous Spawn This Week

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/P3UnLc1

    I was on my way to a raid and had to do a quadruple take when this guy spawned out of nowhere. This is the second time I have encountered one this week alone. Definitely not complaining and low key ok with this cruddy windy weather we are having, if it means that spawns like this happen more often.

    submitted by /u/robmeister66
    [link] [comments]

    Rural Players, have spawns gotten better for you?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Ever since spawns got thanos snapped in cities and suburbs, ive been wondering if that fixed the problem most rural players had of finding pokemon. However, I still see the same jokes about rural players not catching anything, so Im a bit confused. Can I ask you guys about your personal experience playing the game and if it has improved in the last couple months?

    submitted by /u/LotionOnTheLeft
    [link] [comments]

    Delighted Pansear!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:10 PM PST

    I caught a Pansear in Europe a little while back and brought it to North America with me. Made it my buddy as I won't be finding anymore while I'm here. It was delighted to see another Pan species that was like itself but not quite!

    https://cubiclecomablog.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/pansear.png

    submitted by /u/cubiclecomaschizo
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky for Raid Pass Unlucky I’m in Tennessee

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:00 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/5Zh0wpv went to Florida for vacation and did a couple raids there not expecting for me to get a EX Raid Pass so that sucks for me.

    submitted by /u/leon21666
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get better at pokemon go?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:42 AM PST

    I've been playing for a while, but only recently started to play it more. How do you make friends, get your pokemon to higher CP, or basically get to a point where you could do anything?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Jazzicots
    [link] [comments]

    Notification prefs get auto reset to "on"

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:46 AM PST

    Every few days, Pokemon Go app seems to restore all of its "Push Notifications" preferences to "on," even though I am certain I have toggled them off. This can be abruptly annoying because the music isn't exactly subtle when trying to play discreetly at the workplace or in a social situation. I need it to remain silent, always.

    Is there some secondary level prefs panel that I need to use, to assert that bg music, effects and audio notifications should be silenced permanently?

    (Note, Android v9 on Samsung S8. User 'MetroMetro' in Miami.)

    submitted by /u/robamiami
    [link] [comments]

    My First Ever Raid !

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

    So, a few months I did my first ever raid alongside with a friend who got the exact same pkmn and Shiny as well !

    (it also has the cp from the year in which it was caught)

    https://preview.redd.it/wdh04ly65h941.png?width=720&format=png&auto=webp&s=4b3540056748acfa648b43abdfd98c816ffd8de0

    submitted by /u/SorryImSilent
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic Permanently Banned Me For Nothing

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Keep in mind, I'm not complaining, I'm frustrated it happened yes, however I just want to share this and want to know if anyone else experienced it. I emailed Niantic, each time politely, cause I'm confused as to Why this happened. Background:

    I am a caregiver I don't get out much and when I do, I'm generally in a car, and I get stops or Pokemon as I go as a passenger. Sometimes I don't stay in onespot too long or finish a battle even though I want to. I actually worked decently hard on obtaining a couple of shinies that I managed to get, and I transferred pokemon to my Switch for Lets Go. I use a Fitbit to help keep track of my steps for the Adventure mode etc, cause it's annoying to have to carry my phone
    everywhere. I literally got a Fitbit for Pokemon Go for that reason. I have also spent 10 bucks in the beginning, which I know isn't a lot, IT was 200 pokeballs in the beginning when I didn't get out often and ran out of balls catching pokemon in my driveway, and expanded Storage space. No reason for me to knowingly cheat or do anything that would cause me to get banned. I'm too much of a goody two shoes for that.

    I asked exactly for what I did and this is the response I got:

    We have completed a thorough review of your account and have concluded that your account has violated the Pokémon GO Terms of Service (https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en) and the Trainer Guidelines (https://niantic.support/2qNgHlX). This includes, but is not limited to:

    * falsifying location,
    * using emulators, modified or unofficial software,
    * and/or accessing Pokémon GO clients or backends in an unauthorized manner including through the use of third party software or add-ons.

    Our decision to terminate this account is final. We are maintaining strict policies against cheating in an effort to keep gameplay fair. Thank you for understanding.

    We appreciate that you would like to continue to play Pokémon GO and as long as you play fairly, and follow the Pokémon GO Terms of Service (https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en) and the Trainer Guidelines (https://niantic.support/2qNgHlX), you are welcome to play using a new account.

    Okay, so I was researching about Niantic and False Positives for a rebuttal, and found things from people getting banned from simply transferring their pokemon from the go App, to their Lets Go games, using the pokemon go watch, and the Apple Watch just to name a few. But usually they get 7 day bans, or warnings.

    I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience with the Pokemon Go App or with Niantic in general, and if this isn't the place to ask I do apologize. Again I myself would understand if I actually cheated in some way, however I have not.

    submitted by /u/moarnoobthanu
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk about the ridiculous amount of pop-ups upon opening the app?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Like some of you I'm sure, I'm in an area that is starting to get "Winter Weather" so, a glimpse of opening the app is:

    • Adventure Sync enabled! (It was never turned off?)
    • "Do not trespass..." OK
    • If I'm in a place with poor reception - "You're going too fast, don't play while driving"
    • "Careful! Weather conditions are potentially dangerous" I AM SAFE
    • Weather pop-up letting me know it's Cloudy/Rainy/Sunny/Etc.
    • Usually a pop-up about an event (like Giovanni's Moltres)

    It's just a bit much - I don't know if the devs browse here but maybe tone down the messages or combine some. Having to click out of several messages, especially if I had to force close and I'm trying to click a raid or something to get in, is very annoying.

    submitted by /u/FFDuchess
    [link] [comments]

    Just a quick spar.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/Nfy3Tk5.jpg

    It was all in good fun, but even then, Machamp's eyes flared briefly with passion...

    (Picture made in honor of me discovering that with a double tap, the Pokemon now use their physical attack animation during AR+, which was previously unavailable).

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment