• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, I think my game is broken. I just hatched a 10km egg and my Sableye looks really weird...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:00 PM PST

    Hey guys, I think my game is broken. I just hatched a 10km egg and my Sableye looks really weird...

    https://imgur.com/lEDIC5s

    submitted by /u/DoorGuy99
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrating the Party Season with this 3D print of a Party Hat Wurmple

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:13 PM PST

    My kids keep asking for us to print their favorite Pokémon and then paint them. Here is today print just in time for us all to hatch one on our hunt today.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/TUeZbYM

    submitted by /u/BenJoeM
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Best friends upgrade and double XP - don't miss out if you can't co-ordinate lucky eggs with the other player.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:58 PM PST

    I see a lot of people talking about how they co-ordinate their gift opening for best friends. This is of course the best way to do it so both players can easily get the 200k XP. However if for any reason it wasn't possible or if your timing was off, don't worry it's still possible to double the XP without much effort, you just have to be fast with the menus.

    So, if you are aware of being 1 gift away from BF status and there is a gift already in play, what i have done successfully a number of times is quickly open the friends list as soon as you open the game to check if the other player has opened the gift and the friend status has indeed upgraded visually. If it has, all good you haven't yet missed out on the XP.

    From here, close the friends list and as quickly as you can open the item inventory, minimising the time on the open world screen as much as possible (you don't want to give the game an opportunity to present the friends level upgrade screen). Now pop a lucky egg and close the inventory screen. Wait a few seconds and you'll receive the friendship upgrade screen with the double XP awarded to you.

    Hope that helps anyone in a similar situation as i have been recently.

    submitted by /u/hexagrm
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go made $ 1.4 billion in 2019

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:48 AM PST

    What shiny do you most regret evolving?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

    Mine is my sweet baby shiny orange shellder. He's now just a off-blue cloyster that mocks my decision every day.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/snailsaver
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t contact my lucky friend so here’s to hoping he looks at my buddy’s name

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Lucky Friend in Pokémon

    I do not remember how I added this person as a friend on Pokémon go, we hit best friends a while ago and we hit lucky friends now, hoping this will get his attention

    submitted by /u/YaBoiAwesomeGuy
    [link] [comments]

    An open discussion on the environmental impacts of playing Pokémon Go by car

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:56 AM PST

    I'm sure most people will have heard of the catastrophic damage that is being dealt to many parts of Australia right now. I'm fortunate enough to live in Sydney where we are fairly distant from many of the affected areas but the past few weeks have certainly been stressful hearing all the destruction to all the families, home and wildlife in affected areas. Being outside on certain days was ill-advised, something that I have never really experienced in the 20 years I've lived here. Many experts point this to climate change even though our own Prime Minister denies these links.

    I was playing POGO in my local area and I noticed one of my local multiaccounters was driving from gym to gym taking over everyone single one with their accounts across all teams. This would normally make me think about how Niantic has been letting players like this get away with this behaviour for years but this time I started thinking about how routinely certain players played in this way.

    I feel like from my local communities that it's so common and normal for players to drive to raids or do their nightly drive to take over gyms every single night to ensure they are able to attain their daily 50 gym coins. I can imagine tens of thousands of people at this very moment doing their daily gym routine by car. Every raid day I'll hear about how some players will drive from gym to gym to achieve 50 raids in this time (let's not even talk about how dangerous they may be to other people on the road). Every community day I hear about people driving from cluster to cluster to maximise their shiny count although I'm not sure how various able this is now with the recent spawn shift.

    I wanted to started a discussion on this because I wonder if anyone else has thought about the environment impact of how some people play. Do you think it's a non-issue? Either because there's no link or because the impact of Pogo players is miniscule? Do you think Niantic holds any responsibility for incentivising driving behaviours? If there's anything else on the subject, please share it too.

    submitted by /u/Eon-Rider
    [link] [comments]

    I present to you...Shinydude!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:10 PM PST

    I see your shiny plant baby and I raise to you Shinydude I just got from an egg.

    Got my first shiny today out of an egg and had enough to evolve it into shiny Graveler! So happy!😄😄😄

    http://imgur.com/a/OIJe1iF

    submitted by /u/DtheG16
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having a hard time changing names now?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:06 PM PST

    the pen icon that you touch to change a name for me has all of a sudden become very non-responsive. At first I thought maybe it was my phone but I slid the it up some so it would be a different spot on the screen and it is still very hard to get it to 'activate'

    submitted by /u/akodo1
    [link] [comments]

    One of my last 2k eggs from the event gave me this!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:37 PM PST

    My first shiny hatch too! Must've hatched hundreds before getting this one.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/u3nKgxw

    submitted by /u/marveliteIG
    [link] [comments]

    I caught a 100% and a 0% on the same day...

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:50 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/mS2XgT7

    It was my last day in Hong Kong yesterday, and I decided to ride the tram to catch some 'mons for trading distance. I found this wild, non-weather-boosted hundo Zubat! Later when I went to the airport, while I was waiting for my flight, this Drilbur showed up and had 0% IVs. Balanced the hundo out perfectly.

    Also, are 0%'s rarer than hundos? Just a question.

    submitted by /u/SuperSeagull01
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best use of coins in the game?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:33 AM PST

    Previously i used to buy egg incubators using the coins i get from the gym which did cost about 150 coins, recently i have been saving coins for the 1480 coin offer to get 20 incubators which would mean that each incubator cost 74 coins. However you should know i havent upgraded my item bag capacity nor the pokemon capacity before Although i have to delete items constantly to have enough space but so far it was doable.

    What do you think is the best use for coins?

    submitted by /u/EconomicsEUNE
    [link] [comments]

    ✨HEATRAN✨

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Heatran will be replacing Virizion in T5 raids. Seeing as heatran is double weak to ground I would like to discuss best ground counters. Groudon is the best bet but how far behind is rhyperior? Mamoswine? Or even garchomp? Let me know what you all think!

    submitted by /u/dcashwell99
    [link] [comments]

    Just hatched the shiny party worm!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:12 PM PST

    This is my first egg hatch from this event, too!

    https://i.imgur.com/YKcJXlX.jpg

    She's gonna go nicely with my shiny party hat Pichu from last year

    https://i.imgur.com/91zVtb5.jpg

    I might have been cursed by a party hat as a child

    submitted by /u/21WaterGuy
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do with perfect IV Snorlax and Blissey?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    I had the luck of hatching 100 IV Munchlax and Happiny this week and was curious if they were useful at all.

    submitted by /u/drmobitz1
    [link] [comments]

    I would like my favorite pokemon

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:37 AM PST

    My favorite pokemon is Celebi and I would like it if I had one. Does anyone know if/how I can get it?

    submitted by /u/ImSoBoredSoYeah
    [link] [comments]

    About being a parent and a POGO player

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:22 AM PST

    I have heard few horror stories in my community about people who handled the game to their sons and daughters, one of them got all of their carefully selected and invested Pokémon beyond 1500 CP this rendering them useless, some other got shinies transferred and etc.

    What do you as players and parents? Do you make an specific account for your kids? Do you let them use your account? I know the Niantic Kids account comes with less permissions than the regular one, is it worthy having one?

    submitted by /u/beingmoya
    [link] [comments]

    I got a ✨ Feraligatr yayyy

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I caught a ✨ Tododile a while back and I just recently evolved it for the second evolution phase into Feraligatr (http://imgur.com/gallery/7ubf9J3). I'm so excited about it because I've never seen one anywhere on any gym so it's time that I put him up on display for everyone to see this year. Yayya

    submitted by /u/Univerzall
    [link] [comments]

    Playing in Detroit?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:01 AM PST

    I'm sitting around in Detroit, waiting for a job to happen, and I'd like to play some PoGo. Specifically, I'm on the east side in harpers woods. Where are some good places to play for either walking or driving? I'd prefer to not drive more than a half hour away, but until some work happens, I have nothing but time to kill.

    submitted by /u/makeyourowndamnbeer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment