• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:14 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I made east and west Shellos in Ceramics!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:10 PM PST

    shellos Im taking ceramics this year and have been working on making some pokemon. Ive been loving shellos recently and decided it would be fun to make this cute duo! Im honestly surprised that they came out this well! ill definitely be making more pokemon in the future

    submitted by /u/yagirlarty
    [link] [comments]

    Finally managed to reach 50km this week after being the most unhealthy I have ever been in my life

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:08 AM PST

    Pokemon GO has given me the motivation to get out more and exercise more often and I never thought that I would be able to do 50km all in one week, I had a hard time doing 10km a week not too long ago. But this is a big achievement for me and I hope I am able to do even better next week.

    https://imgur.com/a/ByX47lO

    submitted by /u/NoobaDoobaYeet
    [link] [comments]

    Armoured Tyranitar!!!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:31 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/dvbbIm6

    Armoured Mewtwo? No, Armoured Tyranitar :D

    submitted by /u/MrAnxietyOSRS
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:53 AM PST

    After 339 egg hatches, 124.9km, gaining +2million stardust, 9 shinies, 2 and a half audio books completed, and wandering around downtown Long Beach till 4am every night I finally got this beauty. I was so worried I wasn't going to get hatch it! Definitely the hardest I've ever gone grinding in this game and I'm beyond stoked it paid off!

    submitted by /u/alexisonfiree
    [link] [comments]

    Sigilyph is Peruvian, not Egyptian or Greek

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I can understand the confusion, but a quick search will show that Sigilyph is definitely based off the hummingbird Nazca line.

    Hummingbird and Sigilyph

    submitted by /u/Amalthea87
    [link] [comments]

    So I've hatched this little rare guy

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:28 AM PST

    Well, I think I got pretty lucky this morning Never saw a shiny wumple with a cute hat before

    https://imgur.com/gallery/N7GZQQH

    submitted by /u/shadowcion3
    [link] [comments]

    My Christmas Catches

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Got myself my first Nundo on Christmas Eve, which was a Meltan. Meltan

    And an event hundo on Christmas Morning, which was Pikachu w/ a hat. Pikachu

    submitted by /u/TheMobStar
    [link] [comments]

    Got kicked from a raid because of my egg hatching

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    I was in a raid, (in the actual battle not the lobby), and was walking away home because I had to get home.

    Because of me walking home my egg hatched midway through the raid, kicking me out of it. As I had walked away I couldn't rejoin the battle.

    Is this a common bug?

    Many thanks xx

    submitted by /u/ZeMan008
    [link] [comments]

    100% Meltan! (2nd mystery box ever!)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/99qcaNt

    I got a 100% iv Meltan on my 2nd ever mystery box at the 16minutes left mark! Super excited and happy :D

    submitted by /u/MrAnxietyOSRS
    [link] [comments]

    Current target for my free daily raid:

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:54 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/1CSArwU

    I spent last month hunting litwik because Virizion is lame. Looks like I have a new target this month!

    submitted by /u/Gunar21
    [link] [comments]

    Avatar shadow v Buddy Shadow

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:29 AM PST

    This grumble may seem trivial to most but why does my buddy get a perfectly cast shadow, which matches its shape/form, yet the avatar is only treated to a fuzzy round circle?

    Surely the avatar shadow is as straight forward to create as every single Pokémon design.

    C'mon Niantic, sort it out.

    submitted by /u/yatesfox
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with objects count

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:07 AM PST

    Hello everyone.I was getting a weird impression for some time, but I finally took a calculator and did the maths today.

    I apparently got my object storage full, given I have a 800 objects storage capacity. Can't spin Pokéstops or get gifts without the warning message popping up. But my maths showed up I actually got 568 objects. So why is it full ? What are those 200+ ghost objects and how can I remove them ? Has anyone got the same problem ? How could I fix this, please ?

    Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

    Cheers !

    submitted by /u/Tenth_10
    [link] [comments]

    What I think everyday

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:21 PM PST

    Now I know that you don't actually have to battle with the buddy, just bring them on the team when you battle. But either way I made this meme because I am sure my low CP litwick does not attending great ball league battles (despite him getting a heart)

    submitted by /u/Tigroxyn
    [link] [comments]

    A completely full dex should change to something above gold, like platinum or diamond. Super anticlimactic to get that last Kanto mon.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:58 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/fY8lxjr_d.jpg

    A completely full dex should change to something above gold, like platinum or diamond. Super anticlimactic to get that last Kanto mon.

    submitted by /u/TheBunji11
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny party hat wurmple

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:45 PM PST

    My sister (who's been playing pokemon go for much, much longer than my 3 weeks was lamenting that she hasn't had a party hat wurmple yet, I've hatched 5 of them today and then tonight this little fella hatched whilst I was walking the dogs

    https://imgur.com/a/eBqPGk8

    She's obsessed with shinys. So she'll be spitting feathers.

    submitted by /u/AmandaA3
    [link] [comments]

    How much does the IVs actually matter?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:44 AM PST

    I have a few questions about IVs and how they work. I've already tried to google this, but I seem to get mostly incomplete answers when I do that.

    First of all; those three stars, what do they actually mean? Are they just an additional visual representation of the three bars, or do they show their own stat? They seem to go up as the bars go up, but I remember that "max CP" used to be its own stat too. Do the stars have anything to do with the max CP, or is that stat hidden/removed?

    And to the second issue; those three bars, how much do those stat bars actually matter? What are the numbers here? How much extra health, damage, or defense does a pokemon have if those bars are full? Is it even something I should worry about? Is a set number that increases based on the bars, or is it a percentage thing? Basically, do those bars help weak pokemon more, or do they help strong pokemon more?

    submitted by /u/Jochon
    [link] [comments]

    Minor design suggestions;

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:41 AM PST

    1) Have poke-stops be bigger or smaller depending on how crowded they are. Pokestops close together? Have them smaller so they overlap. Pokestops few and far between? Have them be bigger and more noticeable.

    2) Ability to spin Pokestops from the map. Let us spin Pokestops without having to tap on them with a swipe, or something similar.

    3) Remove the menu for spinning gym badges. Put gym badges in the top center of the menu with the Pokémon currently protecting the gym.

    4) Add more depth to the overworld. Add trees in parks and forests on the overworld, add animation to the water, etc. the buildings in Pokémon go are very flat with some depth. The would look significantly better if you were to make them taller and use them as part of the terrain. Take inspiration from Minecraft earth and google maps 3D view. Since pokemon go's map already runs on google maps, it would be quite easy to do this. Please, add more life to the overworld.

    Here's a comparison between the Pokémon go and Minecraft earth overworlds Pokémon go has been out for years yet Minecraft earth's overworld looks significantly better.

    I will be adding more suggestions as I come up with them and read them in the comments so feel free to add anything below. Thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/L1ggy
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:44 PM PST

    I've been trying to evolve this shiny swablu I caught awhile back and it's now at 395 candy this will be my first 400 candy Pokémon I've walked a lot with this thing and I want to know what to do after I've evolved it ?

    submitted by /u/TheSweatyYeit22
    [link] [comments]

    Pretty new to this game, beat my first 5 star raid and it's a shiny!!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:52 AM PST

    https://m.imgur.com/a/WDDvLoU

    I was so happy that i encountered the people that helped me during the raid!! This is my second shiny too :)

    submitted by /u/permiss
    [link] [comments]

    Hatchaton's 50.000 stardust bonus event for 50km Adventure Sync

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    I want to ask if the 50km is the accumulated amount during the event (2-16 Jan) or in a week span displayed on the profile 'ME' page? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tazakkacaya
    [link] [comments]

    The legend of Gible: an exposition

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:33 AM PST

    With the release of another wave of Gen. 5 pokemon I figured this would be a great time to post this observation. For some context I'm a daily player; I'm by far not the most hardcore player out there, especially with being halfway through a graduate program, but I make it a point to get my daily stamp, partake in community days, try to fill my dex, etc. That being said, I was ecstatic when the Gen. 3 pseudos were released. I mean, who doesn't love Metagross and Salamence? They're top-tier and were absolutely worthy of a community day. Moreover, because I'm not the most serious player out there I already limit myself to the distance I log each week and the number of eggs I hatch -- and that's an important sidebar to this post. However, I do try to at the very least get the 5k rewards and hatch a few eggs. I enjoy playing the game and that is ultimately what matters because, after all, it is a game.

    Coming back to the Gen 3. psuedos, despite their rarity in the wild (because, you know, pseudo-legendary tier) and odds of hatching from a 10k, I was able to rack up enough candy to evolve one of each by the time Bagon and Beldum got their respective community days. Its not an impressive feat, but it made me happy knowing I already had one of those chonky bois to use as a raid counter or a gym defender before the community day. For some reference, Bagon and Beldum were both released in February 2018. Beldum received its community day 8 months later in October 2018, while Bagon received its community day 14 months later in April of 2019 (source -- community day history).

    And now to the purpose of this post: Gible. Gible, and its evolutions, was released in May of 2019. I live in Texas where its frequently sunny and yet -- despite the weather boost, and Gible now being available in the game for 8 months -- I have still never seen one. Of course that isn't to say it never spawns. I occasionally check the local discord to see messages of how a Gible showed up somewhere in the DFW metroplex a few nights prior, or I'll check a gym and see a big 'ole Garchomp holding down the fort. And yet me being a daily player, much like the countless others, has yet to see (or hatch) a Gible in the 8 months it has been out there. I know weather boosts and biomes make a big difference, but anecdotally speaking I would have caught, hatched, and walked a Gible enough by now to have a Garchomp, if it held the same rates of Bagon and Beldum after their release.

    To clear up some of the murkiness, the egg pools got a much needed revamp in December of 2019, and that list was updated again within the last day or two to accommodate the release of additional Gen. 5 pokemon. Until that December update Gible shared a spot in the pool of 10k eggs with two dozen other pokemon, 8 of which already had their own community days. Additionally, for the October 2019 egg shake-up, Mareep and Trapinch were moved from 10k to 5k eggs. Considering how hatching 10k eggs is one of the best ways to get those top-tier pokemon, one would think that Gible would at least hatch occasionally. u/PM_ME_YOUR_WHALE posted a masterpiece during the Unown event last year (link to their post) and noted 170 hatches from 10k eggs. Highlighting their results, of those 10k eggs, 27 different species were hatched (this is lumping each individual Unown letter into one group, as to not grant each letter a different species). Of those 27 different species that hatched, 6 of them already had their own community day. Additionally, those 6 previous community day pokemon accounted for 59 of the total 170 hatches. Gible accounted for 1 -- that's hatching at a rate of 0.59% per 10k hatches, and a rate of 0.14% per all 731 eggs hatched during the event.

    u/bolete_eater made an excellent proposal to remedy Gible's rarity such as in their post about make Gible a research task reward for 3 excellent curveball throws in a row. I know this might seem like another "I still don't have one, woe is me" kind of post, but in my own experience Gible has yet to appear in any way, silhouette, or form. Realistically, it shouldn't be that hard to encounter or hatch. But I will still continue to play the game, and still continue to hope for my first little land shark.

    submitted by /u/StreaksBAMF22
    [link] [comments]

    To purify or not to purify that is the question

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:25 AM PST

    I recently got this gloom from a rocket battle and I really want to power it up all the way as is cause it would be cool to have a really high shadow Pokémon but at the same time I was a 100% one. Should I purify or leave it shadow? Is there a stardust cost difference?

    submitted by /u/wunderboi00
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment