• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 19, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Could you answer a short survey about your in-game interactions with other players?

    Pokémon GO - Could you answer a short survey about your in-game interactions with other players?


    Could you answer a short survey about your in-game interactions with other players?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:24 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm Rachel, a research student from the University of York.

    I'm currently investigating player interactions in games. More specifically, toxic and prosocial behaviours between players.

    I want to find out about your experiences. So, I've put together a short survey to find out more! It should only take around 7 minutes to complete.
    Don't worry – I checked with the mods before posting this here.
    You can find the survey at:
    https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dd37ZaHjFq3WFKJ

    If you can answer this survey, it would be greatly appreciated. The only requirement to take part is that you are aged 18 or over.

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    submitted by /u/r_meyer
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all stop buying incubators please

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 01:38 PM PST

    Another 7km egg event. No effort, no originality and frankly void of all fun. And we have only ourselves to blame. Niantic is going to keep pumping out these truly awful events, we are at this point just cash cows to them. They will milk us until we dry up. It is just one egg event after the other. The game is just boring now. As long as we keep buying incubators it's never gonna stop. So for the love of all that is holy, please stop funding this madness.

    submitted by /u/DarthAnusCavity
    [link] [comments]

    Check your Adventure Sync settings!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:02 AM PST

    This morning I went for a 5km walk after updating the app. I came home and discovered that Adventure Sync had been disabled in the update, wasting all those steps.

    This is just a friendly nudge to anyone else who has updated to check your settings before heading out!

    submitted by /u/jambo_1983
    [link] [comments]

    Day 27: The Exeggcutes have accepted me as one of their own.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:25 AM PST

    I am so stealthy that they still don't suspect a thing. I have slowly gained their trust, and they have made me a part of their clan.

    WEEOWEEOWEEO (Exeggcute sound)

    https://imgur.com/gallery/vd0GvsI

    submitted by /u/AyebruhamLincoln
    [link] [comments]

    A most unexpected birthday bonus for me this year

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 01:48 AM PST

    I've been travelling around Australia in our Toyota Coaster motorhome for a year now with my family. To some of the most desolate and remote areas of the country. Literally played across the Nullarbor to Perth and back. It's been a rollercoaster in terms of raids and community days but I've caught some amazing Pokemon and made some sweet friends in strange towns who have filled me in on where the best places to raid and catch are. Its shown me how supportive the extended community can be which is cool.

    So far I've been lucky and only missed last Novembers CD and a few legendary raids. It's hard arriving in a new town every few days and not knowing what will be there but we make it work. My husbo is endlessly patient in driving me around or pulling over so I can play. Poor dude.

    Anyway its my birthday tomorrow. My husband (who doesn't play) made sure we were in a decent sized city for both tomorrow and the weekend CD. Infact he is going to try and play the CD with me and has been learning the last couple of weeks in preparation. It's been hilarious watching him have a go. He is slowly learning the go and hearing him pronounce names wrong is so funny.

    So we just got to town and rolled up to our hotel a few minutes ago and I look up the road to see all these stops and gyms plus more on the other side. It's not heaps, I know but I've literally been in a town with 4 stops and 2 gyms for the last fortnight so I'm stoked. I'm so grateful that my husband has done this for me. Can't wait to see him catch his first shiny Rhy.

    Bonus

    Edit: bad grammar.

    submitted by /u/Moosiemookmook
    [link] [comments]

    Shadow Pokémon in Pokédex and Egg Hatch Details on Pokémon page

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 01:58 AM PST

    1)Personally I love keeping a living dex. Holding onto unique shinies and one of each species is daunting enough! I still manage as I've got over 2000 bag space and am pretty ruthless when it comes to what I save and what I transfer. I am really into the visual of most Shadow mons though trying to store the ones I like in my bag just adds to the storage problem. The pokédex already has a shiny sprite if you've caught it, why not a shadow sprite as well? That would be a great feature!

    2)There is a graphic under the pokémon when you inspect it as to whether its caught in a raid or with balls and also whether it was hatched. Seeing as how there is already relevant graphics for which type of ball was used (Raid ball, Pokéball, Great and Ultra ball) why not have the same for egg hatches as well? Would be cool to have the 2K, 5K, 7K and 10K egg graphic to match the egg hatch. Right now regardless of the type of egg, all you see is the 2K egg graphic. I feel this is a feature that can be easily implemented.

    submitted by /u/asadshah2311
    [link] [comments]

    Kecleon changing color until it is released (Day 25)

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/0l0rFgP

    "The gun is mightier than the sword. Mhmm man, talk about a memorable quote."

    submitted by /u/KnowsItBetter69
    [link] [comments]

    I love Porygon

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:44 AM PST

    in recent event I've tried to catch a lot of Porygons, but sadly the best IVs I got were 71%. Is it worth evolving?

    submitted by /u/jkbkcr
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny rates between accounts (revisited and plotted)

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:19 AM PST

    Earlier, I had started this thread which is now closed:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/bfva76/shiny_rates_between_accounts/

    That measured the "wild" shiny encounters and rates between two accounts with almost identical playing style and I've been collecting data since Nov 2018. I decided to write a small script to plot the cumulative shiny encounter rate between the two accounts and as you can see, after a year of playing there is convergence. Right now the two accounts are at 74 and 71 shinies but they've been running neck to neck for a while.

    The image and raw data are available from here:

    http://ram.org/ramblings/other/pokemon_go/plot_shinies_by_month.jpg

    http://ram.org/ramblings/other/pokemon_go/

    Previously someone in the TSR asked a confidence interval for this which I'm not sure makes sense (the hypothesis isn't about a single rate/range but whether there's something different between accounts that play Pokemon Go in terms of shiny encounters) but I do think a Kolgomorov-Smirnov (KS) test can be performed to determine how different the two distributions are and I think we need more data points to be highly definitive (P > 0.9) but right now it says the P is 0.63 (the lower the value the more different they are; with other real distributions I've used this test on I get very low numbers like 10^-5 etc. so here it is indicating highly similar distributions but can't say with near absolute certainty).

    Basically once you see the convergence, it should be convincing enough. My guess is that if everyone kept track as we did, we all would converge to the a similar rate (which is about 1/300 if you include all the boosted odds shinies and the egg ones which are in the mix here, which is why "wild" is in quotes but these are all wild non-community day encounters and hatches).

    --Ram

    PS: Note the cycling up and down of which account is doing better over a few month long period.

    submitted by /u/ram_samudrala
    [link] [comments]

    Unown Event

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:20 AM PST

    I think it's about time we have a Unown event. What say trainers?. Still looking for my Unown dex to be filled. Not sure when we last saw a Unown ? Spawn.

    submitted by /u/coolstyledude
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we get the same reward levels from a 7K egg as we do for a 5K?

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 09:51 PM PST

    This has been one of the things I hate most about the 7K eggs. When they hatch you get 500xp and the same candy/stardust range that comes from a 5K egg.

    I light be a little more inclined to get and hatch these eggs if the rewards were more reflective of having to walk 7km to hatch them.

    submitted by /u/Kevsterific
    [link] [comments]

    Single use incubators

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:17 AM PST

    I was thinking about how Niantic could help those who want to enjoy egg events but don't want to spent a lot of money and Niantic can still make revenue. What if they added an option for us to buy single use incubators in the shop for 50 coins? Given that one regular one costs 150 coins for three uses. This would allow those who collect 50 coins a day to be able to hatch at least one egg. Also Niantic would still make more money cause I think even the hardcore players would like the idea of getting the single use incubators to clear out the cluster of eggs they have before the event starts. I know this idea was probably mentioned before but I think it's worth noting to keep discussing this idea to show we are still interested in it.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Give F2P People some Love

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:27 AM PST

    Egg Event. Egg Event. Egg Event

    Must i say more? Hopefully not. Just bring the normal Blue Incubators in the Lootpool from Pokestops or Gyms.

    a 5-10% Dropchance is might be Okay, but when you are Pushing such Events such Regular, then please don't Forgot the People (like me) who have not the Money to buy Incubators.

    submitted by /u/Fabian532
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Niantic, Can I just put "69% ❷⓯⓮" as pokemon name.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Uhmm.. since when is it inappropriate to use numbers in game? I know what 69 means but come on. I hope it is a bug. If not.. come on!

    https://imgur.com/a/YQNuJWO

    submitted by /u/BaronVice
    [link] [comments]

    High-Waisted Pants Clip on Female Avatar

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 03:47 PM PST

    I don't know which patch this was introduced in, only because I've had the same outfit for a while. It looks like they made the female avatar a bit, erm, "fuller" around the waist. This has caused all pants that go above the hips to clip into the avatar. (Excluding the denim overalls because they're larger.) This happens across all poses.

    I know it's not an exciting bug, but I figured I'd let people know.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/fJTcC2J

    submitted by /u/Pacman0928
    [link] [comments]

    I would love Random-CP-Max tournaments

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:39 AM PST

    I'm not a huge pokemon player, but I noticed the battle system recently with it's 1500 CP max. It made me excited to use pokemon that were a much lower CP that I'd never use for raids or gyms. Then I ranked up the league changed and my arena CP max was 2500, and suddenly I had a whole new set of pokemon to play with and build a cohesive team from. I loved this.

    I would really love it if Niantic started doing regular tournaments with a random max CP so I can start using a random set of pokemon that I would normally never use.

    My costumed pokemon, low CP shinies (particularly proud of my 34CP black charizard!), pokemon that are just over the cuttoff from the current arena brackets, my favorites that I feel I'll never get around to leveling up very high (Mightyena, Alomomola, Aloan Sandshrew, blue Persian, Minccino, etc), etc. I think it would be a fantastic way to encourage people to build unusual team combinations or test pokemon in battles that they normally would not consider twice.

    What do you think of this idea?

    Having the original ranked tournaments with known CP caps for people who want to be serious about focusing on the best possible team, but another "fun" tournament every week or two with a random CP cap, like 832 or 2317 or 68, to encourage playing with other pokemon sitting around in your storage and to experiment with different teams.

    submitted by /u/Rachel53461
    [link] [comments]

    Pokecoins 24hrs or knocked out?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:54 AM PST

    Hi everyone. How do you receive pokecoins? Do i have to wait 24 hours or wait till my pokemon gets knocked out from the gym it's assigned to? It's so confusing! Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/ASD69Fn
    [link] [comments]

    My biggest PvPeeve: when the display says 3.0/3 km, but the button still shows that it costs 50 coins to battle.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 06:44 PM PST

    Why bother showing 3.0 if it's still 2.9-something? Rounding isn't that hard, is it?

    Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/H7RRXUh.jpg

    submitted by /u/dascobaz
    [link] [comments]

    Battle League state is laughable

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 11:02 AM PST

    Half of my battles are filled with bugs, weak connections that won't allow me to have any kind of enjoyment while playing this mode. The teams people use are always the same, if you try to use something other than the meta picks you get stomped. I get it it's preseason, but the state this game mode is in makes me not want to play season 1 when it comes out

    submitted by /u/ImSisca
    [link] [comments]

    Wayfarer special research

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Dear Niantic

    Please start/make a "Wayfarer special research" for all Trainers with Level 40.

    In the last weeks many people dont evaluate suggestions in wayfarer. Many players haven't yet rated a proposal.

    With special research for all level 40s, many suggestions would finally be processed. Several levels with different numbers of proposals to be evaluated with attractive pokemon as a reward.

    When all Trainers must evaluate 100 suggestions this give a lot of new portals.

    all trainers who reach new level 40 should automatically get this research.

    What do you think other Trainers

    submitted by /u/ptschuempi
    [link] [comments]

    “Leaves”

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 03:22 PM PST

    I'm back, with today's AR shot. I took this one a few months ago, and I thought of it on the spot, in contrast to when I usually plan out photos before I take them. I originally didn't think too much of it, and almost forgot about it in my unfinished AR photos album, but one day I was bored, so I decided to edit it. It turned out like this, and ended up being one of my best photos, with lots of positive feedback online, and in real life. I now use it as my banner for my Twitter, and all my Google Forms, as well as other miscellaneous things like wallpapers and the like.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. Enjoy!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/fYKLhiK

    submitted by /u/Groudon8134ARPics
    [link] [comments]

    Close Combat, Great or Bad in PvP?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:28 AM PST

    So I was look through my Pokémon's PvP Move Stats and realized that the move Close Combat is reduced to 2 Bars and does 100damage per Bar but reduces your Pokémon's Defense when activated. My question is, is it worth the damage to get the defense debuff or is Power-Up Punch and Dynamic Punch still far better choices?

    submitted by /u/Joshua_Alt
    [link] [comments]

    Keep them all or no?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:11 AM PST

    I currently have about 750 Pokémon. There are 20+ that I find I use more often.

    Do you guys keep the wurmples and evolved forms etc is it worth just catching for the Dex entry and deleting the one I see all the time?

    submitted by /u/5giantsandaweenie
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased Rocket Radars should spawn the Rocket Leader you need

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:54 AM PST

    So I'm on the 2nd Rocket Quest and I need to fight the Team Leaders. At this point, I've fought both Sierra and Arlo and just need Cliff before I can start the agonizing hunt for Giovanni, which is a separate rant in and of itself. The thing is, most of the time the Rockets come in at really bad times in my area, like first thing in the morning, and if they come in at a good time, they're either too far away or they go away as soon as I get close/prepare to go get them.

    I figured I could get around this issue by buying a Rocket Radar out of the shop with some coins I saved up and get Cliff that way. Out of the 5 or 6 days I had the Rocket Radar before I rage quit and threw the stupid thing away, I got 5 results, which are:

    1. Sierra
    2. Sierra (2 and 3 were in the same day)
    3. Sierra
    4. Sierra
    5. Sierra

    COME ON THE ODDS OF ONE SPECIFIC ROCKET LEADER SHOWING UP 5 TIMES IN A ROW SHOULD NOT BE THAT HIGH. If I hadn't fought Sierra yet this would've been fine, but she was the first one I fought and I just need Cliff at this point.

    Tl;dr: I wasted 200 coins I saved on a Rocket Radar that spawned in the same Rocket Leader five times over a few days. Don't buy them unless you're desperate or haven't fought any of them yet.

    submitted by /u/YoshiofRedemption
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Unknowns??? how???

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Can you find Unknowns in the wild or do you have to go to the events? It seems that the events are farther than I care to drive and or they are out of the country. But I would still like to capture some of these

    submitted by /u/tinkertimetim
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment