• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 18, 2020

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Niantic: Fast Catch supports your aims in the game. Make it official.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Pokemon Go's central mechanic, more than anything else, has always been walking. The Go Battle League mechanic confirms it: no sitting on your backside to battle without walking to unlock it. Walking is prime.

    But the slow catch process encourages standing, not walking. I'm in the habit now of simply prioritising what I want to catch, and knowing I'll have walked away from the other three or four spawns by the time the catch process is finished, but sometimes there's multiple Pokemon I want to catch (maybe a nest) and so I have to stop walking and stand still like a lemon, looking a bit suspicious hanging around outside random buildings, so I can catch everything I want to.

    (I know there's a method for fast catch right now, but I'm generally a one-handed player cos I'm carrying an umbrella/shopping/dog lead in my other hand)

    My PoGo playing is limited by time--i.e. my lunch hour--more than distance. If you make my time more efficient, so I can keep walking while I play, I will cover more distance. I will do more walking, which is everything you seem to want from your game design. And by and large, it works! This is the first regular exercise I've actually been able to maintain for years. Thank you for that.

    But the slow catching not only undermines the flow state of the game, it undermines that goal to get nerds like me up and moving. You've been asked for this so many times, but I don't know if you've realised it supports your game design and isn't just Reddit complaining. Please make the ball-shaking animation & XP screens a toggle in settings, and make the game a better experience for everyone who's been playing for more than a month.

    submitted by /u/ogsonofsanta
    [link] [comments]

    Well worth the wait

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Sat around for 15 mins waiting for this to hatch as a raid and even though it's a 2 star, it's still worth it

    submitted by /u/Avi_2K
    [link] [comments]

    My dad and brother had a great Lucky Trade today

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:26 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/dDPwEKz

    This has to be one of the luckiest trades they've ever had.

    submitted by /u/obiekcja
    [link] [comments]

    Caught 2 shiny Aipoms at my desk at work, 3 hours apart

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 05:18 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/57Lvb65

    Been waiting for a Shiny Aipom for ages and two come along at (almost) once!

    submitted by /u/KimF29
    [link] [comments]

    Caught a hundo Chansey this morning. In the wild. After the event.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 06:55 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/4MHOso9

    I checked the radar and saw a Chansey near by and almost didn't go for it since I just caught a bunch during the event. The appeal of a potential shiny caused me to go for it, and I'm glad I did! Makes up for an otherwise meh event for me!

    submitted by /u/DarbCU
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Chansey just before the event ends!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:38 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/z7Yo4ue

    Rolled into my driveway after a brief drive around town and look who was sitting there waiting for me!

    submitted by /u/unequivocalotter
    [link] [comments]

    It's a family business ��

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 02:28 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/14YZ17j

    A little family business running on the correct bank of the Tejo river. A south side matter, I'd say.

    No questions asked. Breezy

    submitted by /u/GNVT
    [link] [comments]

    Battle League: Lag or cheating?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Sooo frustrated because now I've made it to rank 7 and now nearly every match is lagged down with a "weak connection." Four out of five games I played on a STABLE connection lagged out so that while I was tapping, my move wasn't dealing any damage nor was my charge move charging, while still taking major damage from the opponent. Then multiple times when I put up a shield block the opponent managed to actually bypass/ignore my shield block completely (how, I have no idea) and win.

    I have video proof of this happening in a match once I got fed up that I can't upload here but geez is it getting disheartening to play like this.

    Anyone else have the same experience???

    submitted by /u/clue1985
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the game

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:36 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/1voQvvU

    Thanks for all your support guys. It was fun. Now I just move on to Knack 2. I hope this is enough characters in this post.

    submitted by /u/remlapca
    [link] [comments]

    My wonderful charmander I got a while back.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    Went to comicon in Albuquerque and did a task for a kanto starter. Pretty happy it's perfect cp is 100 is 420. Wonderful job niantic.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/8bN9ueu

    Forgot to add the image...

    submitted by /u/Dargonspelledwrong
    [link] [comments]

    Trading a shiny

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 05:19 AM PST

    My friend and I wanted to trade but it wouldn't let him give me his shiny Charizard, does anyone know why and how we can trade?

    submitted by /u/GoatAutopsy
    [link] [comments]

    Idea: A Good Game feature with minor rewards for PVP matches

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Win or lose (including early quits), let's get an optional button to wish our opponents a good game after each GBL match is done. Choosing to send a GG can send a generic good game message and a small reward such as 100 stardust. This could add a touch of sportsmanship to PVP, which currently kinda feels like a revolving door of faceless obstacles. And if your opponent is being a butt with an infuriating strategy (e.g. a Blissey, Snorlax, Chansey stall team), you can always skip the GG entirely.

    submitted by /u/saltforsnails
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy Snapshots are annoying..

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 05:10 AM PST

    I understand the concept of trying to get players to take more photos and causing more photo bomb spawns like smeargle and that's all fine. I can deal with constantly managing my photos and mass deleting them. But WHY THE HELL DOES THE CAMERA MAKE NOISE?! Can't turn it off in settings and it's so loud and obnoxious. Also most definitely not the sound a camera shutter makes..

    submitted by /u/Doug4035
    [link] [comments]

    Just hatched a perfect Absol!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:04 PM PST

    I only had 3km left on my 10km egg and socked it the last bit while watching TV in bed. Totally wasn't expecting a perfect IV Absol! Woot woot!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/lkRbTph

    submitted by /u/8bitSkin
    [link] [comments]

    Opponent in GBL was able to let off loads of charged moves before I was able to do anything.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 04:30 AM PST

    I'm going to start off by saying I know it's only pre season or whatever and there has already been many well documented bugs. However,

    I just faced an opponent and upon entering the battle I was met with a giratina. Seems normal, however by the time I tapped once on my screen, an attack was coming. I thought this was odd so I used a shield. As soon as the attack was over, I was able to very briefly tap my screen again but another charge attack was coming my way so up goes my second shield. Then I tap my screen once again, but in comes yet another charge attack. odd thing was, I wasn't taking any damage except from the charge attacks.

    I don't have any video evidence, I'm not salty about losing. I just wanted to bring light to an experience that I had. I didn't have a weak connection message come up either.

    submitted by /u/rs_xmas
    [link] [comments]

    More stuff for staying in a gym

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 06:22 AM PST

    If we can only collect coins for 1 day while our Pokemon are in a gym, how about letting us get 1 free level up, some candy or 1 free move change for each additional day that Pokemon is stuck in there.....unable to hang with it's trainer and it's family sniffle all alone and being picked on by the other mon at the gym.

    submitted by /u/kotobaaa
    [link] [comments]

    What cp should I evolve my Pokemon??

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 02:11 AM PST

    I know this question has been tossed all over the internet but I jus don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with what all I've read. I feel like here I will get more straight forward answers and possibly get a better understanding of it all.

    Adding on to the title of the post, is there a preferred cp I should evolve at?? Here's an example, I have a golett with a 682cp, I have the 50 candies to evolve him, but I'm wondering is that cp decent enough to evolve him or should I wait to find a better gollet? Or does the CP even matter that much?

    submitted by /u/chase3004
    [link] [comments]

    Even though it's a little late, happy Valentine's Day!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:03 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/n5w9EWv

    This photo is from a couple of months ago. My wife and I took over a neighborhood gym, I threw in my shiny Magmortar and my wife put her shiny Infernape there. I checked back a little while later and saw that they had made a couple of pink-hued friends.

    Happy belated Valentine's Day from us to you and yours!

    submitted by /u/Jed1M1ndTr1ck
    [link] [comments]

    2/5 losses in a set because of the charge move bug. I also won a game from this.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:44 PM PST

    I have been noticing a bug happening when I switch pokemon and there's a charge move coming in from the enemy where I am not able to shield, use charge moves or surrender. I can only use fast moves. I am stuck this way until I relaunch the app.

    I lost 2 games due to this bug today, and I also won game because the same happened to my opponent.

    I can handle the lag and other issues but this one I can't. It's making ranked literally feel like a roll of who will glitch out first.

    submitted by /u/cmacfarlane93
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: There is a website that publishes "real-time" shiny rates for all Pokemon found in the game!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    With shiny collecting increasingly becoming one of main/only things to do in this game, I thought this might be good to post. It's especially useful considering Niantic frequently turns off shiny because of incompetence, and it takes a major post on The Silph Road to bring it to their attention. The website can be found here. It's real-time, and changes daily. There is also a Discord server for those that use that platform. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/stanxv
    [link] [comments]

    British Vlogger speaks to OAP Pokémon GO Players in Taiwan

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Pokémon GO is still crazy popular in Taiwan, a country with an ageing population, where it gets many otherwise unoccupied older people out and about. It's pretty interesting to hear from some of the locals and why they choose to play PoGO!

    https://youtu.be/kfnTZNX6qtE?t=403

    submitted by /u/reapersplitter
    [link] [comments]

    Best and Quickest way to get Sinnoh Stones.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Heyy guys.

    Fairly new to Pokemon go. With the rhyhorn event coming up soon I want to be able to make the most of it but I havent manages to get myself a Sinnoh stone yet.

    Ive gotten most of the other evolve items but not that one.

    Just wondering which is the best and Quickest way? Ive heard PVP battles friends is a good way, just wanted ask the reddit before i did anything.

    TIA 💪

    submitted by /u/Behagwee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment