• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 16, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:08 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Flyover by Lugia

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:08 AM PST

    By using the AR+ glitch, and a few small edits in Snapseed, I was able to create this photo. I hope you enjoy!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HV9KjRe

    For anyone wondering, here is the AR+ Glitch

    https://imgur.com/gallery/oCt7bJh

    submitted by /u/Groudon8134ARPics
    [link] [comments]

    In AR, no one can hear you scream...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/t3nciCS.jpg

    I don't know why Niantic featured HER in the event... Don't they know that some of us have some dark, DARK memories of Miltank?

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Beating Giovanni should result in non-trash mon rewards.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:30 AM PST

    I get that the pride and thrill of defeating the boss should be it's own reward, blah blah. But my shadow Raikou was a zero-star turd. 🙄The special research rewards should at least be guaranteed to be a 10-10-10.

    submitted by /u/grilledjalapenos
    [link] [comments]

    I opened Pokemon Go and appeared in the Distortion World.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:26 AM PST

    I don't know if this is an ordinary bug or what, but it was still nice.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/WZvhvmK

    submitted by /u/lucas_vaneska
    [link] [comments]

    Putting lovedisc in 7 km eggs was a really trashy move, Niantic

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Out of the 15 - 7 km eggs I've hatched, I've hatched 3 lovediscs. Seriously Niantic? As if I wasn't getting enough lovediscs already from LITERALLY EVERY 2 KM EGG AND LITERALLY EVERY STREET CORNER.

    When I walk 7 km (!!) to hatch an egg, I expect something that I can do SOMETHING with instead of just transferring or AT LEAST get useful candy for.

    Really not cool, and I am mildly upset about it.

    submitted by /u/DontHaveADaughterYet
    [link] [comments]

    When the Research Quests don't come through for you, sometimes you've gotta improvise! I give you TWO of the Legendary Birds! (Alternate Title: Pidove and Pidgey Dream Big!)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:28 AM PST

    ''Legendary'' Birds https://imgur.com/gallery/ZbNdNqJ

    After poor luck with research breakthroughs, I realized I could have some fun and make my own legendary birds with a bit of help from a pidgey, a pidove and a photo editor! I'd love to see other peoples take on turning a common pokemon into a legendary!

    submitted by /u/The-Salty-Waffle
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic should ban those f...ing battle league cheaters

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:29 AM PST

    You can't tell me someone is not cheating, when I am winning and they bust out their last pokémon, which in this instance was a giratina, and they land 1 quick move then use a charged dragonclaw, and repead this 4 times in a row!!! how could it be possible to activate 4 charged moves within 10 seconds of attacking time when one is not a cheater, I don't understand why niantic dosn't get rid of those pests, after all they should be able to see such actions in the serverlogs... smh...

    submitted by /u/Ertzengel007_IM_btw
    [link] [comments]

    Kecleon changing color until it is released (Day 22)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:55 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/S6OcmS0

    I am in love with this anime, too bad I already watched it all the way through. Yes, even the animated ones.

    submitted by /u/KnowsItBetter69
    [link] [comments]

    Lure City

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Got off the train and saw this a few days ago. First thought was "the job training can wait".

    https://imgur.com/FwpxFXV

    submitted by /u/KapitanInggo
    [link] [comments]

    A new egg idea

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Marathon Egg

    42.2 km walking distance

    It's a legendary egg that hatches legendary pokemon that have been released. Or a way to release new, legendary Pokémon.

    Make it rare or for after you spin a 7 day streak.

    Then create a new incubator called a "ultra incubator" that costs 500 coins but it cuts the distance in half and is only one use.

    submitted by /u/Codeman32456
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny trinity today: raid, hatch and wild catch!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:15 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/pasWiI4.jpg

    Im normally not so lucky, got two shinies so far this year. But today there was some sort of jackpot...

    submitted by /u/darth_eppie
    [link] [comments]

    Do Battle League Wins not count toward the “Thousand Year Slumber” research item “Win against another Trainer 7 times”, or is my game borked?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:02 AM PST

    I've definitely defeated more than 7 people through Battle League and checked off every other related research item from other quests, but this one hasn't budged.

    What gives?

    submitted by /u/Left4DayZ1
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you keep playing pokemon go?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:13 PM PST

    I've played pokemon go off and on since it launched. I really want to enjoy the game and I don't fully understand why I don't really enjoy the game. I'm almost max level in the game but haven't even come close to completing my pokedex. I just want to hear some of the communities opionions on the game. What keeps you in the game, what holds the enjoyment for you. Do you enjoy the game as much as you used to? Is the game what you hoped for form the beginning? I'm hoping some of your answers can maybe show me how to enjoy the game too. I'm open to DMs if you feel like you want to discuss this with me further. I really want to enjoy this game. I hope you can help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/TonyRednil
    [link] [comments]

    Improvements to the Buddy System (aka better incentives to work for Excited moods)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:29 AM PST

    So here's the main problems with the current system that's turning people off from getting their buddies excited:

    • Too much effort for too little gains
    • Mood decays
    • A recent patch/fix makes it mandatory to legitimately visit a new PokeStop or Gym to get that heart

    It's simply not worth this much effort just to half the time needed to get enough candies to level up that legendary, evolve that Gible or Magikarp, or whatever you're planning to do. A CP boost of 1 level isn't worth the effort to speed things up even for "hardcore" min-maxers either.

    So here's what I propose as ways to make working for the excited mood without buying the berry more attractive:

    • Pokestops/Gyms you have not visited for the past 30 days will reset to not-visited status. Could be any other reasonable figure - 14 days? 2 months? 90 days?

    It's kinda ridiculous, imo, that a stop I've not visited since moving house, or a stop I visited once during vacation abroad doesn't qualify the next time I'm there 2 years later. The concept is getting you out of your comfort zone, not straying further and further from home until you've explored every corner of the planet.

    • Mood points associated with earned hearts will not decay the (the baseline, unexcited hearts only)

    Basically, for each heart you earn, the mood points that come with that heart (3 points for walking, gifts, souvenirs etc. and 1 point for everything else) will not be subjected to decay. This means that after you've earned all possible unexcited hearts for that day, Good/Great/Ultra Buddies will have 16/19/25 points that's not subjected to decay, so you only need to worry about decay for the remaining 16/13/7 points.

    If you swap out your Buddy, however, these special points will be lost. If you swap it back in later in the same day, the points shouldn't come back, so all 32 points you need to get excited will be subjected to decay (unless you still have empty hearts to fill).

    • Chance for candies earned by an excited Buddy to be a Rare Candy instead

    Why not? This isn't such a big bonus though imo, not compared to

    • 100 Stardust for every 1km walked (or 250? 1000?)

    Stardust >> Candies in the current game meta tbh

    • +4 CP level boost for Best Buddies when excited

    So you've a level 40 Pokemon. If it's a Best Buddy status, it'll only be equivalent to a level 41 when it's the active buddy. But if your Best Buddy is excited, it'll unleash the full level 45 potential. Now that's what got players excited originally when the data miners found out about this. Could be a bit OP though. Maybe +2 CP levels would be better...

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/kimtaengsshi9
    [link] [comments]

    Item Trading

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:34 AM PST

    Idea as in title. I've hundreds of potions I don't use fast enough, and my friend has dozens of TMs, hundreds of Rare Candies, and hundreds of berries he doesn't use fast enough. As it happens, we both have too much of what the other really needs. So why can't we trade items? Barter economy FTW!

    submitted by /u/kimtaengsshi9
    [link] [comments]

    FUUUSION HA!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:25 PM PST

    Am I the only one who thought about it? Haha That's the first thing that came to my mind when I opened the shop.

    FUUUSION HA!

    submitted by /u/baryaakov555
    [link] [comments]

    Fear the pink egg!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Once i hatched this i realized ive never even had a chancy yet. Realizing they are so rare i was kind of disappointed i would have to get candy the hard way. Welp thanks to this event, in just 2 hours ive accumulated 101 chancy candies! Now i have to walk her for 15km and i will finally get a chansy and a blissy at the same time

    Happiny 100%IV

    submitted by /u/Rotting_potato
    [link] [comments]

    Go battle league crashing.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:55 AM PST

    Go battle league? What is the first thing you think of when you hear that? Bugs? Lag? Exploits? Fun? Game breaking experiences?

    I love go battle league but there's one big problem. The bugs. Even after the patch there is lots of them.

    In this case i want to talk about one particular bug. I just won a Go battle but in the animation part after it said i lost. I double checked but it didn't register the win. And no it wasn't a tie i had well over half of my health left. This has happened to me several times. Does anyone have the same problem as me? Solution? There has also been multiple times even after the patch that the opponent have been able to use a shield without losing it which results in them having three shields! Im very thankful for all help i can get

    submitted by /u/dywopoc
    [link] [comments]

    The Battle League, obviously, needs to improve...

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:49 AM PST

    ... and it should start doing so by changing the way we swap our Pokémons mid battle.
    I suggest your party to be shown on the left/right side of the screen, vertically - No need to open your party and select a Pokémon to swap out since, for unexperienced players, you might miss out on a deciding free attack.
    By doing this, you can still tap the screen with one hand and select a Pokémon, with your other hand, to swap out which will come into effect once your ongoing fast attack animation ends.
    You would also know exactly where to tap since you can always see your party, instead of selecting the swap button only to select your, let's say Registeel, which you unfortunately moved, to slot #2 instead of #3, because you recently changed your party set up. Now, you got your Flying type against the opponent's Ice Move Lapras instead of your Registeel, because you wanted to act fast and selected the wrong Pokémon due to stress.
    (I'd love to show you a picture of how I visualize this, but unfortunately I don't have any good editing apps.)

    In addition to that, Niantic needs to change how the Charged Attack move gets activated.
    For instance, during a match today I was spamming the Charged Attack move but my opponent got it off before me. (It had probably 10% health left but I wanted to bait the shield before his last Pokémon). In hindsight this was a very bad play, I know.
    However, during those six seconds of waiting for his Charged Attack, I made a quick desicion to actually fast attack him to death, but no. Since I also pressed my Charged Attack slightly after his, mine certainly goes off and I have no way to cancel it - hence my opponent doesn't use his shield and I'm one less Charged Attacked behind my opponent against his last Pokémon with +1 shield. I lost.

    I don't really know how to explain this but I hope you understand:
    If you and your opponent get your Charged Attacks at the same time, and yours didn't go off first - we should be able to cancel our queued action to prevent our Charged Attack form going off IMMEDIATELY after your opponent's. You should just be able to continue tapping despite previously going for your Charged Attack. I suppose that a Charged Attack, whether it's yours or your opponents, will erase your next pending action, if that make sense.

    I know there are multiple posts with suggestions for improvement and reported bugs, but these two major issues are the ones that have affected me the most in the negative way.
    Please share your thoughts on this.

    TLDR;
    1. Niantic should make it less tedious to swap Pokémons during PVP.
    2. Niantic should allow us to cancel our next action while waiting for the opponent's Charged Attack.

    This is my first real post, so I'm not sure how it works with Flairs, but I'd rather discuss this than choosing "complaint" in regards to the flair.

    submitted by /u/ISVAKSPATRIK
    [link] [comments]

    Go battle lag or cheating?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:55 AM PST

    So I've been playing the ultra league this morning and I've had a couple of instances of my game just freezing, then coming back and I'm suddenly down 2 pokemon, but apparently they're unaffected by the lag? I assumed it was my wifi so I switched to 4G, this worked fine until my last battle and exactly the same thing happened, I held out but ended up closing the app and reopening it, it sent me straight back in to the battle where I get to watch my last pokemon die.

    I'm a casual player so this isnt going to ruin my day, annoying but really I just want to work out my team which I cant do if constantly freezes and/or lags.

    The question is, is this because of the battle system not working correctly or is it because of other players taking it too seriously? It just seems weird that no opposing players seem to suffer from the freezing when I play, and most games work absolutely fine but the odd ones just do this and suddenly I lose.

    Be good to know if anyone else suffers from this or is it just my phone or connection or something else?

    submitted by /u/Kieranuts
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy Gift Question

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:12 AM PST

    I opened my buddy's (Lucario) gift and earned a bonus heart. Now it has another gift that I want to save for tomorrow's bonus heart. If I switch to another buddy (Rayquaza) so I can earn hearts for Rayquaza, do I lose Lucario's gift?

    submitted by /u/JainaChevalier
    [link] [comments]

    Go Battle League ranking system?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:57 AM PST

    Currently I have done around 200 go battle league battles and have won around 150 Right now I'm on on a 27 game win streak and after each group of 5 games I only rank up like 20 max ( after being placed in rank 7 ). How does the ranking system work and how do I get more rank besides just grinding out win for the rest of my life just to hit rank 8?

    submitted by /u/TheRealAech
    [link] [comments]

    Completely new to pokemon go. What should i focus on?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:40 AM PST

    Hey! I just started pokemon go and i chose charizard. The game is kinda complicated to me. All i have to do is walk and find pokemons? Is every pokemon available in every country? And most importantly, is it really free to play

    submitted by /u/kayoken124
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got me a Deino!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:13 PM PST

    Hatched this lovely lad from a 10k egg today, came with enough candy to evolve too :)

    submitted by /u/reiku_85
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment