• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This weekend I met up with my parents to drive around town and just make memories

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:37 AM PST

    Several years ago I played Pokémon Go on a family vacation in front of my parents, and my mom was curious and downloaded the app.

    Fast forward and she is now level 39, and regularly drives around with my dad catching Pokémon, battling gyms and teams up with random people for Raids. She sends me pictures of shinies she catches and my dad joined a community group that meets to tackle raids in their city!

    Also, my mom signs in every day at minimum just to send me a Gift on PoGo. She really wanted us to become "super friends" and would call me to accept my gift from the day before so she could send me another one. No matter what is going on in my life, every time I open the app there is ALWAYS a gift waiting for me in PoGo.

    I just got engaged and have been really busy with the wedding planning, but finally had a free day and drove into town to go visit them.

    I caught a random shiny female nidoran, which my mom really wanted so I said let's get some dust so I can trade it to her.

    Well, right after my mom finds a shiny Ponyta! She already has one so she said she'd trade it to me.

    We traded once we had the dust, and BOTH our shinies became 3 star Lucky Pokémon! She was ECSTATIC. Heck I was too, silver flame Rapidash??? Awesome!

    https://imgur.com/hT6eN05

    https://imgur.com/HeeM8jA

    It was a great day. Helped my dad transfer Pokémon to his switch so he could catch his first Meltans, and he was hilarious. "I've only got two minutes of the metal box left! Gogogogogo"

    I'm grateful to this game for giving me some great memories with my parents.

    Im really, REALLY lucky to have such an amazing family.

    Hope you guys have great luck out there and get lots of shinies. 👍🏼

    submitted by /u/bossbang
    [link] [comments]

    Best summary of recent playerbase experience with Pokemon GO

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:08 AM PST

    This morning there was some discussion in our group chat about using TMs and availability of moves, as a result this screen was shared, which is hilariously perfect in summarizing recent situation of events, bugs, exclusive moves and burnout. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Bacteriophag
    [link] [comments]

    If Niantic is going to have a bunch of mini events there needs to at least be a calendar in the game to help us keep track of what is going on.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:54 AM PST

    It's so hard to keep up with everything that is going on, and instead of having to resort to researching what event is going on I'd just like to have a calendar in the game where I can look for the events. If not a calendar than there needs to be something to let us know what is currently going on or what event is happening next.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play GBL due to an automatic "Matchmaking Error" prompt

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:18 AM PST

    Anyone experiencing this right now? I'm at Rank 7, and can't play Go Battle League because at the matchmaking screen, my opponent keeps on prompting "Cancelling match" or "Matchmaking error".

    Edit/Update: Encountered different scenarios after clicking "Battle", as follows (not in order): 1. Matchmaking screen does not appear; automatically goes to Rewards screen 2. Matchmaking screen appears, but after 3-5 seconds, opponent immediately prompts "Cancelling match" 3. Matchmaking screen appears, prompts "Battle starting", but immediately returns to Rewards screen 4. Matchmaking screen appears, prompts "Battle starting", followed by about 5 seconds of white screen, then returning to Rewards screen

    For about 30 minutes of trying, I was able to finish 1 match and won, but again, it was followed by more buggy prompts.

    submitted by /u/Hin0kamiKagura
    [link] [comments]

    One of these things is not like the other

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:30 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/HHrMq1E

    I went for a stroll and saw this. One of these Pokemon is not like the other. Can you tell which one it is?

    submitted by /u/BroccoliWater
    [link] [comments]

    I Regret Deleting This Game

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:06 AM PST

    I have been playing Pokémon since last Thursday and I love it, I used to have it on my old phone back in 2016 but then I deleted it. I downloaded it on my new phone and I already have 87 Pokémon. I know it's a small number compared to longtime players but I'm happy with all the cool Pokémon I have caught.

    submitted by /u/BMoney8600
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite shiny

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:31 AM PST

    A shiny Caterpie spawned at my home. Evolved her into this beautiful Butterfree. Shiny Butterfree

    What's your favorite shiny you've caught?

    submitted by /u/winston3991
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of posts about the need for dark-mode PoGo have been circulating, but not enough are discussing the ridiculous amount of flash transitions.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I've seen many posts on here that take up issue with how much white is present on pogo- and i agree! But a lot of that is built-in pretty hard with the art style of the game, and is hard to negotiate with unwilling devs. But one issue I don't see many discuss are the flash transitions.

    Here's a list of every flash transition in the game- (be sure to let me know if I missed any!) -Map-to-catch -Leaving catch screen -Flashbangs going off when throwing, upon impact, and upon pokeball closing (not a transition but obnoxious) -Catch-to-inventory -Closing post-catch inventory screen -Post-transfer -Entering battle in gym -Moving from one battle to the next in gym -Entering raid -Exiting Pokedex entry

    These are some of the most core actions involved in the game. There is literally no way to involve these flashes, and annoyance to anyone who dares open the game inside on any brightness higher than the minimum, it poses a serious danger to epileptics. PVP and Rocket battles don't use these- they use a series of black-out transitions. All I'm suggesting is a small QoL improvement in applying these across the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/hopoffZ
    [link] [comments]

    My team for Master League because I keep getting my butt handed to me

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:48 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/bGDyFH6

    Got really lucky with the Hondour and her CP. I'm also open to nickname suggestions for the Psyduck and the Lilipup

    submitted by /u/Excellent_Dish
    [link] [comments]

    The GBL system is an absolute joke

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:46 AM PST

    GBL has been around for a while now and we're still no closer to getting a glitch free system. Great League the glitches were there, but somewhat less impactful. Ultra League they became a bit worse and now in Master League it's hardly worth bothering with. With each update we get a whole list of new glitches and the old glitches still largely remain.

    If it's not the constant, ridiculous lag that would make a tortoise jealous, it's the fast move glitch (fast moves stack meaning you can't hit the charge move as soon as it's charged), the double charge move glitch where the charge move fires twice and your shield doesn't register, the triple shield glitch, the constant weak connection message and the constant spinning circles.That's if you even get to a match. They fix one problem and introduce three more in each update.

    What response do we get? Niantic tell us we are to blame. We don't have a stable internet connection, we don't have enough memory on our devices, we don't have enough storage space on our devices or we have too many apps open.

    The GBL system is a fantastic idea, but it's that broken that if it continues down this path there'll be nobody left playing it. I'm fine getting beaten by a better player or a player who happened to counter my team well, but when matches are decided the majority of the time on which player glitches less, the system is fatally flawed. Constantly losing matches due to glitching or getting the odd win here and there because the opponent glitched is no fun for anyone and the concept is dying faster than a Shedinja gym defender.

    submitted by /u/BigWooper
    [link] [comments]

    Had INSANE shiny-luck on my way to University this morning after not finding a single shiny for months!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:45 AM PST

    So I haven't had anything to post here since I joined this sub...but this morning was just so ridiculous that I had to create this post!

    Recently I really had some bad luck when it comes to finding shinies. I didn't manage to catch a single one for months even though I attended multiple events and community days. I was a bit bummed by that - especially since my friends all managed to catch at least one or two.

    So you can imagine my pure joy when I encountert a shiny Caterpie while walking to University this morning. But it didn't stop there. Only 7 minutes later, I ran into a shiny Karpador and another 12 minutes later, I stumbled upon a shiny Mr. Mime!

    https://imgur.com/a/aW6U6xu

    I still can't believe my sheer amount of luck just know and I'm almost afraid, that I'm gonna get hit by a bus or something just to balance it out again!

    submitted by /u/SwissMercyMain
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or has lag become even worse in GBL lately?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I know lag is impossible to avoid, but in my pervious sets lately there has been even more lag than usual! I swear almost every other match I go into there is lag. Like before it wasn't that bad and it happened every now and then, but now it seems to happen in almost every match I go into! Fix the lag in GBL Niantic!

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Go Battle League error?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:19 AM PST

    Every time I try to get in a match, it says "error finding match" and closes out. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/ClefairyHann
    [link] [comments]

    I obsess over hundos. Show me see yours! Here's mine:

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Malta is not Italy!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:58 AM PST

    During the last raid event Niantic screwed up by including Malta and parts of Croatia into the no special raids zone. So we missed out on getting gengar and nidorino with a hat. Now it was just anounced that there will be no cd and some other changes. Such as no walking for PvP.

    This change is currently active in Malta and I am sure all other special things like incense are as well. I am sure we will also not get a community day if nothing changes.

    This is complete "insert bad word" ! Malta is an independent nation, and other than close proximity to Italy no ties. Most recently it was a British colony. It is one of the few European countries without any recorded cases of Corona.

    Most of the recorded cases in Italy are in the north, Germany is way closer to the affected area then Malta. So it makes no sense we get the special treatment

    Another thing that always made Malta special, even though it is European we don't have Mr mime, but we have tropius. Pretty sure some parts of Italy have the same but still.

    They can geo tag us as a country when a Pokemon is caught. They must be able to distinguish us from Italy

    Many of the community have tried to write support, but all we get is a generic response. Sorry for the inconveniences, we will announce soon how we compensate the affected area. No word on that it is a separate country.

    submitted by /u/ReMarkable91
    [link] [comments]

    The Master League matchup of the century

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:38 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/mgkkc8d

    I don't have much in the way of a competitive team for ML so I've been running a Magikarp, a Feebas, and a Goldeen. Honestly it's some of the most fun I've ever had in PvP! Today I met a kindred spirit and Magikarp got their first victory! I couldn't be more proud :)

    submitted by /u/hipwhips
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanted to share how PoGo has helped me through my addiction/changed my life.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PST

    I've always loved Pokemon ever since the original Red and Blue came out in 1996, I am now 30, and it has been an integral part of my life ever since. But when I was about 23 I started doing opiates. First it was Percocet and then it lead to heroin. Nothing has ever had that much power over me and been so caustic to my life, while at the same time needing it all the time, and willing to risk my life, safety, and relationships to acquire it. My life from 23 to 28 was spent in and out of rehab, overdosing 20 plus times, and just not having the best of luck in recovery. But about halfway through turning 28, I had stabilized my life, finally had a nice phone that I didn't pawn or wasn't a flip phone. And they always tell you to change people, places and things. And that's where I always struggled, the boredom would set in, along with the anxiety always feeling like I had to do something, and naturally that has always just brought me back to drugs. But then I started playing Pokemon Go, and I was over the moon. Not only did it fulfill my childhood fantasy of Pokemon in real life and being able to be my own version of Ash Ketchum. But it also gave me something to do besides therapy, outpatient, and taking care of my dad with early onset dementia. It made me motivated to go outside and exercise and to make friends with people who shared the same interest/hobby of mine, that wasn't destructive to our health/ wellbeing. It's a sober interactive family friendly brilliant game that has honestly helped me through some really hard things. I'm crying now while writing this, because I'm a little over a year sober now, and although I wanted to change and better myself, Pokemon Go was just as instrumental in my recovery as those were. My life is finally my life and I love it. So thank you Pokemon Go for helping me through this super dark time in my life. I also wanted to share this because the opiate epidemic is very real, and it's harmed so many people. If I can share this, and help anyone in any way, it would all be worth it. Thank you so much for allowing me to ramble and get #deep, and thank you Pokemon Go for all the good, SOBER times you have provided, and here's to many more!!

    submitted by /u/bootyboyhole
    [link] [comments]

    Making Team Rocket stronger might further alienate casual players

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:03 PM PST

    Defeating rocket leaders and Giovanni is actually pretty hard without knowing possible lineups and appropriate counters. Before looking up the counters on this subreddit I had struggled defeating Arlo and Giovanni. While we are engaged enough with the game to follow subreddits and look up online for help, many players don't. Even for us, it's a struggle when lineups change and no info is out yet on best counters.

    For example, my girlfriend is a casual players and she got into Pokemon Go because of me. We have a great time playing together and still do on community days but Team Rocket special research has been a bummer. She struggles to defeat team leaders and just this weekend we spent an hour in the biting cold trying to put a team together by powering up and using TMs to be able to defeat Giovanni. I saw how frustrating it was for her and she's pretty much given up on trying to do Team Rocket research altogether.

    This problem is further accentuated by the fact that the recommended pokemon for these battles are pretty useless. I think if Niantic is planning to make these battles harder, they better improve the algorithm that suggests the battle party else it'll further alienate casual players who just don't want to do research before each of these battles.

    submitted by /u/kaushik_12
    [link] [comments]

    how 2 thundurus [gamepress]

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:22 AM PST

    [guide here]

    Thundurus is coming, and he's....aight? With Electric DPS comparable to that of Zebstrika and Jolteon, it's not the most impressive mon in the world. PvP performance is similarly meh, meaning that you're probably not missing too much if you don't go all out for Thundurus. That said, it's duoable, so if you wanna try that, check out a more in-depth guide here. Thanks for your time, and have a great day!

    submitted by /u/tforge13
    [link] [comments]

    Best n00b advice :D

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:19 AM PST

    Hi I'm a fairly new player (14th february, but j grind hard, lvl 28, did 100km last week) I rely on a couple good friends who have been playing since release to fill me in, and I'm starting to think I need to broaden my horizons to become the very best, like no one ever was.

    So PoGoPros, I ask for you best tips and tricks, basically at the moment I'm taking out every gym I can, every rocket stop, doing loads of raids with friends and keeping all my 3 and 4 star pokemon, going to evolve in bulk with s lucky egg at some point but that is about it, I dont really care about league IVs I think it's my responsibility to have powerful pokemon and that's the whole fun of the game and I'm pretty well versed on the search keys but include them for anyone else if you have a nice easy ctrl v.

    submitted by /u/BigRiver420
    [link] [comments]

    Let us disable any and all warning messages

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:45 AM PST

    1. "Do not enter dangerous areas..." popup after the start
    2. "...make sure you're in a safe location..." every time when using AR
    3. "You're moving too fast" ...
    4. Weather warnings for extreme weather that consist of two warning messages

    I live in a windy area and it's not uncommon for me to have to click away 4-5 messages in the first minute after starting the game. And then you have the constant AR and GPS warnings.

    Turn them into notifications if you must, but please stop interrupting the game like that all the time.

    Or only show a warning once every 24 hours etc. There are so many better solutions than these constant annoying message popups.

    submitted by /u/abra18
    [link] [comments]

    Serious - Do you all ever get weirded out by how much of our data Niantic has?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:35 PM PST

    ESPECIALLY if you have Adventure+ enabled, they are hoarding our location data. They own all of the information we willingly give them and I frankly have no idea what they are doing with it. I'm sure they're finding some ways to profit off of it but I dont know how. It all makes me very paranoid. I'd love the community's thoughts.

    submitted by /u/5olarguru
    [link] [comments]

    I just went 5-0 in The Go Battle League and got a Thundurus

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Just like title says I went 5-0 in the online battle league and was able to catch a thundurus as my reward pokemon. I thought he was only from raids since they just released him. If this is common knowledge please disregard

    submitted by /u/dark_hawk112
    [link] [comments]

    Thundurus available as a reward encounter in GO Battle League!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:14 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment