• Breaking News

    Monday, March 2, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints


    Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

    Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

    No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

    • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

    • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

    • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

      (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Eevolution research task fail!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:57 PM PST

    I have reached the "evolve an umbreon task" and Professor Willow has kindly rewarded me with an Eevee to assist me in this task...

    However, he is wearing a party hat and is therefore useless to me 🙈😂

    submitted by /u/ShinyAnna25
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they would just let us choose different leagues in PvP

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:30 PM PST

    I mean, why isn't it an option? Are they worried that there wouldn't be enough players queued if everyone were split between three waiting rooms? I don't see how that could be, I've never had to wait longer than a few seconds to find an opponent. Who cares if we might have to wait 9 seconds instead of 3?

    I had the most fun in ultra league for the brief time I was in that rank. There was variety in the teams I fought and every different match felt unique. Now though, everyone I battle seems to use some combination of Gyarados, Rhyperior, Dragonite, Machamp, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar. And in order to compete, I have no choice but to do the same. It's kind of a drag.

    submitted by /u/GreyWormy
    [link] [comments]

    We should get to vote for what we want in the research breakthrough

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:14 AM PST

    I don't know if it's over board calling the new research breakthrough a disaster but well it kind of is. I mean just one of the main posts about this on Reddit has over 3k upvotes about it. Look I get they don't want to just only put in Legendary Pokemon in the research breakthrough but come on it's the only way for a lot of trainers to actually get Legendary Pokemon. Or even if they threw in cool Pokemon like Lapras, Snorlax, Dragonite you know those are fun and worth while Pokemon to collect. If they can't decide on their own what we should get maybe they should do what they recently did with community day and let us vote on the Pokemon. Although they should definitely change up the way they did the voting thing because the way they did it last time for community day wasn't all that great in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    This Subreddit needs to chill

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:11 PM PST

    I really dont want to be that guy but... I think this Subreddit is complaining too much about everything Niantic is doing Honestly this is the only community that complains about a game having that many events

    Sure the Breakthrough isnt a legendary but then again, many of us dont have ferroseed or enough candies to evolve the little egghead

    And yes i agree that the egg hatching and hat wearing madness is kinda too much, but better times will come

    Dont be angry pls

    submitted by /u/laryniess
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one losing interest in this game?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:48 AM PST

    I've been playing consistently for over a year and I'll admit when I first joined (having not played since launch) I was having a ton of fun! But now, it feels boring and like a giant cash grab. Team rocket was a cool add but ultimately it didn't impact the main game. Like they're totally content with putting out mediocre events and rewards so long as people keep buying stuff from the store.

    submitted by /u/jxonair
    [link] [comments]

    Prepare for trouble, make it d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ triple!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Team Rocket decided they needed a bigger team.

    https://imgur.com/a/zqVSzao

    submitted by /u/LostGenesist
    [link] [comments]

    GO Battle League Known Issues

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PST

    'Opponents using more than two Shields' bug is acknowledged by niantic. This is what they said in their official support page.

    Issue description: Some Trainers have observed their opponents using three or more Shields. When there are latency issues or when one or both Trainers has a weak connection, using a Shield before an opponent's Charged Attack may not properly consume the Shield, which can result in more than two Shields being used in a single Battle.Issue status: Adjustments that will lessen the occurrence of this error will be put in place in an upcoming update, but weak connections may continue to cause this issue.

    Adjustments that will lessen the occurrence of this error will be put in place !

    Lessen the occurrence ? Really ? There are many online fps games that handle far more complex scenarios. You either fix it or not fix it . How can a system be consider reliable if they provide fixes like this.

    submitted by /u/chaitu1204
    [link] [comments]

    PVP preguntas

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:07 AM PST

    So I see alot of sites and videos saying to use certain pokemon for certain leagues in PVP? I have alot of pokemon they mention but when I appraise them using Poke genie it says their pvp ivs are bad..should I run with their certain pokemon even if they're PVP IVs are "bad" according to Pokegenie?

    submitted by /u/StevenJ1986
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky night, wild 4* Dragonite

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:41 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/TMpAkdI You can bet your ass I pinap'd this guy. I already have a purified lucky that I'm wanting to max out, but I might have to power this up instead.

    submitted by /u/InsaneVanity
    [link] [comments]

    I'm just going to say: Plus Ultra.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:55 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/QHsKndj.jpg

    An ice and fire family of Ninetales and Vulpix waiting for the train on Todoroki station. Hope that many of you get the reference.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    So... I did my first 5 star raid

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:59 PM PST

    AND I GOT THIS. Im so happy with this. Thanks to all 7 people who carried me at Flinders Street Station

    submitted by /u/Avi_2K
    [link] [comments]

    Was trying to take a pic of Togekiss when suddenly...

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PST

    I was trying to take a photo of my Togekiss catching a berry in the air when my dog photobombed us in the worst way possible! I still can't stop laughing at the look on Togekiss' face!

    https://imgur.com/a/juBJNLl

    submitted by /u/Maleficent-Comb
    [link] [comments]

    GBL/PvP: charge moves should clear the queue

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:44 AM PST

    I know and understand CMP. I am fine with CMP. Managing CMP is part of the tactical game.

    But there's another way you can tie that is more frustrating (to me, at least). So: the battle is my Kyogre vs their Snorlax, both down to ~10% health. We're both racing for our charge moves, Surf and Body Slam respectively.

    Now there's no realistic way Snorlax can win CMP there. A lvl40 100% Snorlax has an attack of 162; a 10/10/10 Kyogre only needs to be level 19 to get an attack of 163 and win CMP. My Kyogre ain't much, but he's better than that.

    But Snorlax has a one turn fast move (Lick), where Waterfall is three turns. And so even though our bubbles fill at the same time, and we're both spamming the charge move button, theirs fires first because their fast move ends 2 turns faster.

    Fine. I don't mind that so far, because it gives a tactical advantage to one turn fast moves that you can consider when building your team (set against the increased lag, alas).

    But what does annoy me is, after shielding that move, and knowing there's now no point in using my charge move (which I was only racing for in order to beat theirs and save myself a shield), knowing I can finish the job with fast moves and save my energy for their next Pokemon... the game flips back to the normal battle view and then into my charge move, without any button presses.

    Now this isn't CMP because it didn't go straight from their charge move into mine; it reverted, for one/two turns, to the normal battle view (i.e. the camera spun), and then my charge move command that was queued up before their Body Slam kicks in and I waste all that built up energy.

    Now I'm sure Reddit will just tell me to git gud, but the reason this is so frustrating is because the game isn't allowing me to react quickly enough to a changing tactical situation. It's taking old information and insisting that's still what I want to do. I understand the queue is part of the network stack, essentially, but charge moves provide a pause to clear it. The current system isn't a true tactical system: it's abusing limited game code to win (like beating a lagged opponent) rather than fighting on the true terms of engagement.

    tl;dr: every time a charge move is fired in PvP, it should clear the queued up commands from both players to reflect the changed tactical situation.

    submitted by /u/ogsonofsanta
    [link] [comments]

    Honest Work

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:55 AM PST

    Startet at 3100 and finally got rank 10 after 600 battles.

    I hope there will be some kind of reward for this achievement :)

    https://imgur.com/gallery/pzRNqNb

    submitted by /u/wojwoj12
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having an issue with Adventure Sync?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:55 AM PST

    I know some people have been experiencing issues with their AS not being activated - I experienced it myself.

    That seems to have resolved and now I have a new issue.

    My AS isn't logging anything at all. I only get maybe 0.1km or 0.2km recorded, but that's about it, not matter how much I'm out and about walking.

    Is it just me or is this a game-wise bug?

    submitted by /u/VVulpes_
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Niantic: there is a better way to monetise Aeroblast (and signature move in general); introduce Silver Wing (and its equivalents)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Given that Niantic is a profit-seeking organisation with ever increasing annual revenue target to meet, we shouldn't be surprised it would try to milk the signature moves. That being said, we as players are justifiably disgusted at the way Niantic monetise the signature moves, because rolling out a non-TM able signature move to, say, Lugia is practically rendering a lot of previously invested Lugia obsolete. This doesn't only demotivate players and thereby hurts Niantic's long term revenue, but also goes against what Niantic is trying to promote with the newly revamped buddy system (I.e. bonding with your Pokemon).

    Ok, so we have the above problem here, how can it be fixed? Should we just keep complaining and expect Niantic to just stop milking the signature moves? Nice try but don't hold your breath for it. Rather, I would like to propose a way for Niantic to monetise signature moves (I.e. inducing players to buy raid passes to get the new signature move) without making the previously invested Pokemon obsolete - introduce Silver Wing as an item that may drop from Lugia raids. Note that 'may' is the operative word here.

    We have had around a 1 in 20 chance to get a shiny Lugia from raids. With the rollout of Aeroblast in late March, we will have 1 in 20 chance to get a shiny Lugia from raids and 100% chance to NOT let our previously Lugia have this move. Why doesn't Niantic just add Silver Wing (or whatever it is called; basically it acts as a TM but can only be used on Lugia to replace one of its charge move with Aeroblast) as a possible drop item from raid reward, say with a 1 in 10 drop rate? If Niantic does this, then players who previously invested in a squad of Lugia will see Silver Wing as a chance of IMPROVEMENT to their existing Pokemon; they won't see the new Lugia as a REPLACEMENT of their beloved Pokemon. From Niantic's perspective, making Lugia raids possible to drop a rare useful item AND a shiny legendary (note: these two are independent events, I.e. you may get a shiny but the rare item doesn't always drop from the raid) also adds an extra incentive for people to do more raids.

    More importantly, introducing signature moved through rare drop item from raids also is a pretty cool way to make reference to the main series game. Just take a moment to think about the possibilities below: - Rainbow Wing lets Ho Oh learn Sacred Fire - Adamant Orb lets Dialga learn Roar of Time (ok I know it is not a key item, but it doesn't have to be) - Lustrous Orb lets Palkia learn Spacial Rend - Griseous Orb lets Giratina learn Shadow Force - Azure Flute lets Arceus learn Judgement (because the flute is cooler than the plates)

    The list goes on. Of course one can still criticise this proposal as a ripoff or may even make players worse off. Not gonna deny it may happen because at the end it depends on how Niantic sets the drop rate of those rare items. I proposed a rate better than raid shiny rate because I know players who want a squad of six for every Meta relevant species but only one copy of each shiny for keepsake. A drop rate in the range of 1/5 to 1/10 seemingly can cater those hard core players without making the casual scream RIPOFF too loud.

    So what do you think? I suppose we can't avoid the reality that Niantic wants to milk the signature moves, but at least we can suggest they do it in a way that doesn't demotivate the player base.

    Tl; dr introduce a new item that can teach a specific Pokemon a particular move, and make this item have a chance to drop from raids. Players will still buy passes to raid for this item while this won't render any previously invested Pokemon instantly irrelevant.

    submitted by /u/UserNameReallyTaken
    [link] [comments]

    Can dragonite currently get dragon breath from TMs?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:03 AM PST

    Title asks it all. I've tried 5 times, I've seen someone else try 6 times and neither got it. Someone else I saw got it on the 6th try. Is it just weighted horribly?

    submitted by /u/LightaxL
    [link] [comments]

    Possible unpopular opinion: Master League is bad

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Ok, so I'm a fairly casual player, but I really enjoy battling when I get the chance. I have school, so I can only play the game on the weekends and when I don't have homework, which is not a lot. I have adventure sync on so I can usually battle once a day, but with Master League being the only way to battle online, it isn't fun anymore. I'm only level 33, and I have barely any stardust, so my team is super low cp, and I usually battle against like 4000 cp mewtwos with my 2800 co mewtwo. With great and ultra league, the only problem is stardust because level doesn't matter as much, but I can usually squeeze by. Does anyone else feel the same way about master league, or am I just the only one. I know that they're going to do this in the future, but I wish they could release all the leagues into online. Let me know your thoughts on this!

    submitted by /u/Yavoyado
    [link] [comments]

    Did shinies get more available?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:46 AM PST

    In the last three months ive actually started getting shiny pokemon after almost two years of not seeing ANY. In the last 4 days ive caught a shiny Koffing, Sandshrew, and a party hat Eevee. Am i just getting lucky or are they less rare?

    submitted by /u/bohanmyl
    [link] [comments]

    [Humor] Where are the 10km eggs? Gone, reduced to atoms

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:06 AM PST

    Ever since fossil Pokémon were announced to be in 7 km eggs, and Riolu was moved to 10 km eggs, they seem to have disappear. Coincidence?

    Visualized

    submitted by /u/Nordic_Krune
    [link] [comments]

    Attack pokes that you don’t want to catch in wild

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:25 AM PST

    Would it be crass or otherwise a poor idea to have your Pokémon attack the Pokémon you don't want to catch? Whether it's to get rid of some screen clutter or just to make the game a little more passively fun, I feel like it would add a missing element to the game that would fit the theme of most other Pokémon games quite well.

    submitted by /u/TeamFatGlasses
    [link] [comments]

    Which Magikarp should I evolve?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:24 AM PST

    I'm finally reaching my 400 candies to evolve Magikarp, now I doubt which one I'll evolve ...

    I have one CP 67, 93% perfection, lvl 9 And another CP 144, 87,5% perfection, lvl 20,5

    What does the grade of perfection and lvl refer to?

    submitted by /u/Nyltiak95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment