• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    Pokémon GO - A fine for breaking the quarantine to "hunt Pokemon" in Spain... issued to a 77 year old

    Pokémon GO - A fine for breaking the quarantine to "hunt Pokemon" in Spain... issued to a 77 year old


    A fine for breaking the quarantine to "hunt Pokemon" in Spain... issued to a 77 year old

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    The Lockdown has made me realize I don't miss Pokemon Go thanks to my toxic local community

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I used to be a pretty dedicated player. It was pretty common I would play 2 to 3 hours after work. I would often meet up with other local players and do a bunch of raids. Even my mom got into the game and it was something fun to do together.

    I don't know when exactly it happened, but I notice it was coming next to impossible to get 50 coins. The teams were pretty even member wise, but suddenly there was a huge influx of Mystic players. Suddenly team instinct (both my mom and I team) was a very small minority. We would put our pokemon in a gym and as soon as we left the area, they would be knocked out, only giving us a few coins. This happened everytime and it got to the point we gave up on gyms.

    A bunch of new people were showing up for raids as well. The normal crowd we used to raid with was gone. Most people were nice but there were there was this group of toxic old women. We would have enough people for a raid and these women would show up, hand select certain individuals for their private raid, leaving the public raid short. This happened a lot. They would laugh at everyone who couldn't finish the raid.

    But I think my final straw was my mom and I was trying to get some Darkrai raids in couple weeks ago. Discord was silent and we was just showing up at raids, hoping other people showed up. We went to this one raid where there was a lot people there. We joined the lobby with 10 other people. As the raid started, everyone jumped out. Those old toxic women were in the raid group and they started to point at us laughing. Making fun of us struggling to complete the raid. My mom was in tears.

    After that, I was over the game and with the lockdown, i don't miss it one bit. It's just a mobile game and people are taking it was too seriously and bullying people over it. I just feel bad for my mom and anyone else who has to deal with this toxicity in the local community who truly love this game and are team players.

    So maybe it's just me who feels like this. I think it's great that niantic trying to give people opportunity to still play while being stuck at home. Maybe this is the break we need. Maybe the toxicity will go away. Who knows.

    submitted by /u/TheLastCosmonautCat
    [link] [comments]

    There may not have been anything at Area 51, but look at who happened to be at Camp Hero, Montauk, NY !

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Jenny officers just arrested a 28-year-old kid who was playing Pokemon GO in the middle of the mandatory quarantine in San Telmo, Buenos, Aires Argentina. Please, stay at home

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Mad props to everyone giving out gifts!

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    For everyone who has access to Pokestops and gyms THANK YOU for sending out gifts. We can only leave the neighborhood once every 3-4 days. I stock up when I am out and send the few gifts I can. Everyone who has sent gifts I sincerely appreciate you doing so!

    submitted by /u/ccgrendel
    [link] [comments]

    So me and my Pikachu were going through old pics from my laptop this Quarantine and this picture came up... Help !

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    Battle League Lag

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Ok, is there a trick or something? Is there a setting on mh phone I can change? How is it that its always my player that lags? My internet is fine, everything else I use works. I'm even working from home with video conferencing having no problem on my network.

    What do I need to do to stop the lag cuz apparently its not affecting the players im playing. I throw out a poke, it lags, and its at half health before I even get an attack in. However, I have never gotten that advantage on someone. Its impossible to win anything like this and its so frustrating.

    submitted by /u/kingsquirrel007
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else getting annoyed seeing only Omanyte and Kabuto from 7km eggs?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Literally all I'm getting from 7km eggs are Omanyte, Kabuto, and sometimes an Aerodactyl. Least to say, it's getting very redundant for me and I've heard similar complaints from other people regarding ancient 'mon from eggs. It'd be great if Niantic gave us more diversity, especially during these especially tough times.

    submitted by /u/themostextra
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please choose our Battle League encounters?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Or at the very least deny them? This is mainly because I'm tired of going through countless balls just because of cobalion. I already have a shiny one, I do NOT need another. I do need, however, a litwick, which would be an amazing reward, rather than a 10 ball loss for a Pokémon I'm probably just gonna transfer anyway.

    submitted by /u/TrueomegaJF
    [link] [comments]

    Mum I threw up

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    There starters. One of each type. One of each gen. All giving me the stare down

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Three starters. One of each type. One of each of the first three generations. All giving me the stare-down.

    https://i.redd.it/z0maj702lbo41.png

    submitted by /u/Kayco2002
    [link] [comments]

    10% Off all Pokemon Go in-app purchase (Galaxy Store)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Should I purify this for that sweet 100% IV?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Possible 100% IV

    I know that shadow pokemon have increased damage but I don't think Crobat is going to be useful in the Master League. Is there another reason I should be keeping it the way it is right now?

    submitted by /u/MLGityaJtotheA
    [link] [comments]

    No Electric Types spawning

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Luck hates me for A Drive to Investigate! I've had zero Electric spawns in a day and a half. Incense, limited walking, checking nearby Pokéstops where possible. I thought Electric was one of the boosted types for the event?

    submitted by /u/TheNinjaPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Real Pokémon in quarantine: a dream

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Guys I just had a dream where my main party from the game was real and my fiancé was SO fed up with my 5 Eeveelutions and Zebstrika being confined to the house with us. He said they kept picking fights with our cats and I really needed to consider sending them all to Professor Willow until quarantine is over. I guess this is the only time in my life I'm glad Pokémon aren't real!

    submitted by /u/odangohead
    [link] [comments]

    GBL reality

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HjtW5Fs

    The PvP circle for most of us, trying to beat the most meta mon ever seen, the weak connection

    submitted by /u/EmoLevandovski
    [link] [comments]

    Man gets arrested in Argentina for breaking quarantine to play Pokémon GO

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    You can’t grab dragonite’s souvenir because the camera button is in the way

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    Useless Smeargle Info

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Looks like Smeargle cannot learn Sacred Sword. I know this is a heart-breaker for many of you who planned to spend your quarantine time building a Smeargle Army.

    https://imgur.com/a/QP4M8nr

    submitted by /u/KilgoreTrout78908
    [link] [comments]

    tips needed: constant instant knock-out from gym by obsessive/toxic trainer

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I have a bit of an annoying problem here: so I live directly at a Pokemon gym, and I presume someone who plays also lives around here, because every time i try to defeat the gym, the SAME trainer kicks my Pokemon immediately after (I get notifications next time I open the app, saying my Pokemon was knocked out, with 0 or just 1 coin).

    Now, I personally don't play 24/7 so there's no way I will always be on the check to defend the gym. But obviously that trainer seems to ONLY be playing Pokemon go. Sometimes after I place a Pokemon in the gym, then I catch some stuff around for 5 minutes, and already my Pokemon was kicked out within this time period (usually I leave him alone after this, I don't have time to constantly play this game).

    During these lockdown days, I have been home more and have been opening the app more frequently just to check and verify this fact. EVERY TIME I defeat the trainer after he/she has occupied the gym for many hours, I place a pokemon, and IMMEDIATELY I get knocked out. I find it futile to even try to defeat the gym now. And I also notice the same happens when other players are putting their Pokemon in this gym: they get kicked out within minutes by that same player. What's even weirder is that often, after he defends the gym, miraculously 6 pokemon appear there all from the same team. Does he live in a house of minions?

    I only place Pokemon in gyms to harvest coins, so for me 8 hours is enough and then I can happily let whoever defend it. But somehow this person is so competitive (and clearly obsessed) and leaves no time and space for others at all, it's getting a bit ridiculous. I mean, give some other trainers a chance please! Any idea on how to solve this guys?

    submitted by /u/raven_8877
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Vs MewTwo

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    Which would be worth more in this trade?

    Also does appraisal matter on Shiny? Like what if a Shiny is a regular 3 star appraisal?

    submitted by /u/ChillCultivator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm sorry for complaining about Feebas 10k eggs.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Sawk. Why?

    It's not rare, it's not good, it doesn't evolve into anything, and it even further dilutes the pool of good 'mons from the 10k selection.

    At least Feebas fills a quest requirement for people, Sawk is worthless I've just had 3 of them in a row. I'd love to know what the rationale on this one is.

    submitted by /u/WankSocrates
    [link] [comments]

    Don't you love when you're decimating someone then your screen freezes

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    The WORST feeling... Bc when I'm lagging I can usually pull 3-4 wins even with rhe lag. If I freeze.... 0% chance of winning

    submitted by /u/goshjosh42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment