• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Free Daily Raid Pass should also work for the Matches.

    Pokémon GO - Free Daily Raid Pass should also work for the Matches.


    Free Daily Raid Pass should also work for the Matches.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    I really love the game and i've spent and will spend money in the future for it. Sadly i don't live at the best place for doing raids and i would really like to use that pass every day. Could there be any possibility to unlock premium PvP Matches with it? That would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/HumanTarget447
    [link] [comments]

    The curse has been lifted!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    After around 3 years of playing, I finally managed secure my first shiny legendary! The mint-flavoured Regi itself was definitely a sight to behold!

    submitted by /u/Distinguished_Bagel
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic: We need better solo gameplay due to Coronavirus!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    With the ongoing pandemic, there will be far less possibilities for playing Pokemon Go the way we normally do.

    It's going to be hard to walk the distance needed to play PvP or even spin stops or gyms.

    Please, Niantic, make it fun for everyone who is quaranined, and at the same time prevent people from gathering and spreading the virus.

    A couple of suggestions could be: 1. Let everyone play all their daily PvP battles without walking. 2. Free gift containing 20 pokeballs every morning to catch a few from your Home. 3. The age old suggestion of a portable, private pokestop we can place at home. 4. Change all events involving people gathering, concentrate on PvP rewards and solo play. 5. Don't force f2p people to start paying to play during a global crisis, best way to alienate players.

    Probably many other things that could be done...

    What do you guys think should be Niantic's reaction going forward?

    submitted by /u/fgodmom
    [link] [comments]

    The Buddy system would be improved with one simple change: scrap EP decay

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Thanks to u/VanityDestroyer's sterling scientific work, we know exactly what we need to do to get our buddies excited. (Still sounds wrong to say that.) It is, in a word, a ballache. I'm in the habit now of putting the busywork in through my morning at work so they hit half-candy-distance in time for my lunchtime walk, but I'm constantly watching the clock and checking the timestamp on photos to make sure I'm not losing points. And, of course, it only takes a work problem coming up for an hour or so to undo all my efforts--once you're into decay, you lose one point every ten minutes.

    This is daft. It's a burden. It's one more job hovering over me and causing me stress, which is absurd for a mobile game about pocket monsters.

    But if the purpose of the Emotion Points is to measure how much we play with our buddy, why do we need decay at all? Getting to 32 EP takes as much time and effort whether we have decay or not, but it would remove a lot of the pressure, clock-watching and irritation out of the system. Decay brings a whole host of negative emotions with it, but I can't see any benefit it brings. EP can still reset at midnight; maybe staying in excited mode could be considered overpowered, but you still have to walk distance to reap the benefit of it, all for 2 or 3 extra candy, so I don't think it's a huge concern (especially given the effort you've had to put in still).

    It might even encourage more walking: right now you can't get to excited accidentally unless you're playing for hours on end, because of the various 30 minute cooldowns, so I warrant most normal players have never even seen it happen. If it can build up slowly over a day, more people will hit it in the course of normal play and perhaps be encouraged to go out for an evening walk to benefit from it.

    Can anyone think of a good reason to keep decay in, enough to compensate for the sheer bloody faff of the system as it stands?

    submitted by /u/ogsonofsanta
    [link] [comments]

    Giratina GO: the game with the most stale meta I've ever experienced

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    This is probably an incredibly unpopular opinion, but I'm really tired of PvP, merely a few weeks after it debuted. The battle system itself is mechanically great in my opinion, and Niantic has been pretty quick to fix exploits and issues. But seriously, in every league tier 95% of all players run the same 10 Pokemon at best, and the same 5 nearly 90% of the time.

    The biggest issue is that these Pokemon (with the relevant movesets) are, for the most part, not attainable at the moment and will probably take a long time to come back, probably for a short window of time once again.

    Master League is just Giratina, legendaries and pseudo-legendaries.

    Ultra League is just Giratina, community day starters and Togekiss.

    The game has devolved to a point where if you haven't played during very specific periods in the past (community days, legendary raid months), you're at a severe disadvantage, no matter how much more skilled and tactical you are. The enemy just grinds their incredibly meta charge moves and wins.

    Heck, the content of a recent event literally just catered to the fact that two specific legendaries are incredibly meta. It's almost as if Niantic's content designers just gave up and said "alright this is what our game is now".

    I don't understand people who find this fun. I wish the game didn't favor past-exclusive Pokemon and legendary Pokemon, and gave the dozens (if not over a hundred) fully-evolved Pokemon a chance. I wish more of the incredible variety of the 5 generations that we currently have, was relevant.

    There's a reason legendaries aren't allowed to defend gyms, and I wish there was an option to battle in a separate league that doesn't allow them, along with past-exclusive Pokemon with intentionally over-tuned moves.

    Kinda sad that some Pokemon such as Scraggy are currently only available to meta slaves.

    I had to let this frustration out, and I hope more people are with me.

    submitted by /u/KortenScarlet
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Hundo Cresselia!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    This was my first attempt at Cresselia, I was only going for the dex entry for her and ended up getting super lucky! I wonder what the probability of this is~ Shundo Cresselia

    submitted by /u/Teeganblu
    [link] [comments]

    Praise Lord Helix!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Lord Helix has graced me with his presence on this glorious evening! I have only had false prophets try to lead me astray but now I have found the one true Lord Helix!

    http://imgur.com/gallery/qEITN2p

    submitted by /u/Magnaha23
    [link] [comments]

    People At Gyms Being extremely Rude

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Over the past few weeks I've been playing Pokémon go again since I quit the game in early 2017, when I eventually returned to the game I saw that my neighborhoods pokestop had became a gym and I got super excited to take the gym and get pokecoins for the first time.

    What I didn't know was my friends telling me about this guy who will take anyone out who messes with "his gym" and this had became a phenomenon in my neighborhood. One of my friends who's the kid of the guy is one of my friends who plays Pokémon go and gets upset when other players can't have as much fun. One day I took over the gym and waited for the guy to come out of his house and I approached the guy and asked if we could make a deal to where we take turns having the gym for at least 8 hours for the maximum coins. I thought maybe he would say yes but all he did was say he didn't want to see me taking the gym ever again or else.

    Now in my neighborhood me and my friends are in a turf war for the gym which Makes me upset because I love this game and the fact that it's in the center of my neighborhood and the fact that this is happening is quite upsetting and annoying. I'm not sure why people take this game so seriously but this guy literally makes a schedule just to take the gym after 10 minutes after we take it over and my friend has asked him to take a break but he said that we don't deserve the gym, I'm not sure why he's doing this but has anyone had an experience like this?

    submitted by /u/151406
    [link] [comments]

    Just hatched this monstrosity

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I think I hit the mother load with this one, check out its weight haha

    https://imgur.com/gallery/UFllIQe

    Unfortunately it went back to normal once I reset the game :(

    submitted by /u/Napdyn_G
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone think the remaining raid weekend should be delayed

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    It's a bad idea to raid amid coronavirus pandemic. And it's on weekend, where there are a lot of players raiding, there are also crowds of other people. As a player, I definitely don't wanna miss the pokemon with event exclusive move and its shiny form.

    submitted by /u/crowd-pleaser
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having extreme bad luck with 10km eggs?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    I sat down and looked at what possibilities there were. And what I've had via the Pokédex.

    27 feebas caught.

    That one isn't even available in a raid. At least some, like mawile or shinx are raids. I have 427 feebas candy currently and two milotics already. And yet, there are four Pokémon I've never hatched. This isn't including regional ones.

    Please tell me I'm not the only one wanting to quit Pokémon go just cause of feebas. That damn fish is worse than magikarp.

    submitted by /u/lettucebelurking
    [link] [comments]

    Many questions...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Hi there, I've returned playing PoGo this week, and I'm starting to use this reddit too. There are many things I quite don't understand yet, some related to the reddit, and some related to PoGo itself, so any answer would be quite appreciated.

    1. The rules state I should post noob questions at the noob megathread. I could not find any megathread that wasn't archived, so I ended up creating this post.
      Am I posting in the wrong place? If so, where should I do it?
    2. About trades:
      1. Seems that old pokemon have a greater chance of becoming a lucky trade. How long does it take to a pokemon becomes old?
      2. When trading pokemon, do their AV change completely random, or is it based on their old IV?
      3. When trading purified pokemon, do their IV still receive the +2 boost?
    3. When fighting against team rocket members, are their level calculated based on mine, or are they just random?
    4. About IV:
      1. From what I understand, in terms of battle, IV should only be important when comparing two pokemon with same attacks and same level, otherwise the pokemon with stronger attacks and higher levels should almost always have an advantage, is that right?
      2. For more common pokemons (rattata, snake, odish, etc), is it worth it to keep the one with the highest IV even when they have a very low level? When deciding to keep a pokemon, what are your criteria (minimum lv, IV, species)?
      3. Is it a good plan to rely mostly on your stronger pokemon (ignoring IV), then trade them with a friend when they become old so that your friend will get the high level, high IV version of it?

    Answering any question will already be of great help! Thanks in advance! (Let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place)

    submitted by /u/white_pool_shark
    [link] [comments]

    PvP is shit.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    So Like i said its absolutely unfinished stupid shit. I got with LUCK to rank 7. And now where I'm currently at the point of 2700 or so, I'm losing like every game. Yea there right. I got mostly 0 or sometimes the first bonus from fighting 5 times.

    And even I'm losing all the battles I'm not get deranked. Yea I have to stay with people which are playing maxed out legendaries and I haven't even 3 in my inventory.

    But the absolutely worst thing is when it says "weak connection" that actually means for me that the opponent still can damage me perfectly fine and my attacks stopped totally or I'm attacking with the 1/3 of the normally speed. NICE. and in fact: I'm sitting next to my router when I'm playing. 50k up/10k down. And most important with a good ping of 35.

    Yea. And the game says to me I have a weak connection..all right.

    F*ck you Pvp. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Samuel13881995
    [link] [comments]

    Something mythical is coming!!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Well as you know, a new event was teased on Instagram and other Social Networks, people from Pokéminers leaked is this:

    Something mythical

    Something good is coming!!

    submitted by /u/Dalvenjha
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Hoenn gold medal

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Do I have to get all of them? Or just 90 out of the 129(according to my sleep deprived calculations that is :P)?

    submitted by /u/Nabas94
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Can't connect the device?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    Hello

    I have been having a problem connecting Pokemon GO to my Nintendo Switch Lite.

    I make sure to have Bluetooth on (my tablet supports it). I tried everything, yet it always says, "This Device is not supported" when I try connecting via my tablet.

    Is it possible it's due to my Switch being Lite that's the problem? Would I need to actually have an actual Switch to connect GO and LGPE? Or, is there some other way for me to get them connected?

    I have no hassle connecting my Pokeball plus to either tablet or Switch Lite.

    submitted by /u/steffiemusings
    [link] [comments]

    100 million and a big thanks!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/gfgiZCo

    Aight, so, I started playing PoGo when everyone else did; that first summer was incredible. But, when everyone started to drop off, I kept going, because I was an avid Ingress fan, and I love the concept so much.

    I say I started to really play, however, on September 23rd, 2017. This was when I met James and Christine, a 40 year old dad and 50 year old mom (not together, but the admins of the chat). I was incredibly interested in joining my local community, so after some conversation, I asked James to add me to the local WhatsApp. He did, and I've been a member ever since. (I found out later from him that the chat was 18 and up, but the admins lowered the age restriction to 17 so I could join, which I am eternally thankful for). I did my first legendary raid, a raikou at 6:00, and met more awesome people.

    I kept playing the game, I went from a lowly 29er to high 30s pretty quick, and I not only gained more xp, but more respect and connections with more amazing people. I'm still one of the youngest in my chat, and by far the most experienced. But even with my age, people were super friendly and accepting. Beyond James and Christine, there's Alex who's too damn quiet, the Mikes, a gay couple who play together (and are both named Mike, like, cmon that's great), Ari who I always feel like I make crack a smile with one of my dumb jokes, Brian who we always blame (jokingly), Steph who may kill me if I curse again, Jeff the gruff elevator repairman with a heart of gold, Matt the uber-nerdy almost-teacher, Lee who doesn't have an account, and is just "playing for his kids", Scott who's about to propose and I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST, Tina who plays it as a bonding experience with her mom, Susan the grandma with innuendos out of the wazoo, Ed the contractor with the massive blue truck, Tyler & Liz the sweet metalheads, Mitch who needs every EX raid done for him, and Tannia the one who does them. (There's so many other people but if I talk about all of them this would be wayyyyy too long lol)

    So, anyway, these people made me feel sane through high school and beyond, as I was a pretty awkward guy at that time. Being around these adults who were so weird and amazing made me feel normal, and even if I grow up with my weirdness, I can keep it in an adult world. I worked for my buddy Ed once to paint a basement (if i was physically stronger, I could have done more, but still lol), all but my mother were references for my summer camp job at the YMCA, every time Kingler is mentioned in my group chat (because I've put one in every gym since February 2018) I'm @'d, I've been in so many people's cars to go to raids it's a miracle I haven't been kidnapped. I have so many stories and feel so much love because of this group, and it's always a pleasure to look back, because it helps me see how much I've grown as a person, and how much people like me there, so why wouldn't people like me other places?

    The reason I'm posting this big message is just to commemorate my own accomplishment of nine digits in the XP bar, and to say seriously that this game made me, and is making me, the person I am, and I cant thank those I've met enough.

    So, thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. -Ryan (Rhydes)

    submitted by /u/Rhydes675
    [link] [comments]

    Funny glitch gave me Bulbakarp (Magicsaur?)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/2eMwAXfYpRY

    This happened by switching my buddy to a magikarp then going to buddy history and switching back to bulbasaur.

    Excuse the mess, our sewage line needed to be replaced and everything downstairs is temporarily upstairs.

    submitted by /u/Fir3Chi3f
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my mom into the game! And maybe my sis?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    So I've been a consistent player since day one. I'm not the best, I live in a pretty rural place, and I can't always go out of my way to play, and I have never had anyone to play with, so bigger raids are always out of my league. BUT! My mom likes to go on walks, and as a way to hang out together more, my mom said she would maybe download Pokemon Go! We've gone on two walks together, where she has slowly started learning some of the game. She isn't familiar with most of the Pokemon, but I'm hopeful! And today she told me that my sister said she would consider downloading it and playing with us too! It will take some time for them to learn and level up, but I'm excited to have people to play, battle and raid with! As a rural player (who doesn't use discord), it's hard to find others to play with, and this just has me super excited! Plus it means I'll probably be going out on more walks, and getting more movement in my life, because my mom likes to go out walking, and now we will go together and play together! I'm just really excited and wanted to share with someone who might maybe understand. Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/KittyKatSavvy
    [link] [comments]

    Thundurus catch

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I just bought a premium battle pass and got the 2nd reward and it was a thundurus like a 1800 something I'm so happy!!

    submitted by /u/Jim-Milton-759753
    [link] [comments]

    Charge TM text?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Every time I use a charged TM on a pokemon it says, "One and two and...tada, [pokemon] has learnt [move] ''

    Is this supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/Krunos811
    [link] [comments]

    Let me tell you about my best friend

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/P2njL5M.png

    I've pretty much played the game to get this guy. And now I am happy he's my best friend!

    submitted by /u/Lox22
    [link] [comments]

    Registeel is a lawn mower and Roserade needs it’s grass cut.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    So during a great league battle I had my Registeel pitted against a Roserade. Than I thought, wait, aren't lawn mower blades made of steel? Lawn mowers cut grass too right? So why isn't steel super effective against grass?

    submitted by /u/FlappyTesties
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment