• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Has Coronavirus Affected Your Daily Pokemon Go Habits?

    Pokémon GO - Has Coronavirus Affected Your Daily Pokemon Go Habits?


    Has Coronavirus Affected Your Daily Pokemon Go Habits?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Full disclosure: I'm a reporter for IGN.com

    Hi, my name's Matt Kim and I'm a reporter at IGN.

    I'm researching whether or not coronavirus outbreak has impacted your daily Pokemon Go habits for an article I'm working on. I'd love to hear about your experiences so please feel free to DM me or email me at [mkim@ign.com](mailto:mkim@ign.com)

    submitted by /u/usgmkii
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks PoGo community!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    I recently traveled to Australia from Canada to try a working holiday but not getting much luck finding work after having been here for a month and a half. I started to feel really defeated and would often find myself crying before bed. But Pokemon Go has helped me make new friends in a strange place and it has brought me much joy since I got here. So thank you, PoGo players in Brissy! Thanks for being the sunshine in rainy weather. 💜

    submitted by /u/maebe_me
    [link] [comments]

    Canadian trainer left me a note at work months after only meeting him once.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    About a year ago I started working at the Toledo Zoo and I've seen so many people playing Pokemon because of its many pokestops there. Sometimes I get the honor of meeting people from all over who play Pokemon and it's always a great talking point. I met this trainer last year on his visit to the Zoo and I added him and he told me he was from Canada. We've been building our friendship without really knowing anything about each other and yesterday at work I happen to look on a gym and see his Pokemon! I was shocked and I started looking for him playing but I couldn't see him. Unfortunately I left work Yesterday without seeing him, but I was glad I saw his Pokemon.

    Skipping to this morning when I walked into work and saw he did stop by yesterday, but it was after I already left. 😂 He left me this note and I wanted to thank him too but I know nothing about him.

    SO THANK YOU VLAD!! You definitely put a smile on my face this morning and I'm so glad this game spreads love and positivity. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Toledo Zoo!

    https://imgur.com/a/i3lHsS4

    submitted by /u/Hazorb33
    [link] [comments]

    A way to deal with lag (and a busted ranking system)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    I have played over 500 battles. After finally getting frustrated from my Pokemon going from full health to half of it gone and my opponent having 20 charge attacks ready, I have decided to just bring out my lowest cp shinies and give out free wins.

    My reasoning is to help out our homies who can't raid due to the Corona and help them get closer to those rare legendaries from the encounters or shieldon or snivy or whatever other crap comes out other than what you want.

    Also it sucks that you can go on 24-1 run (almost perfect for a day) and only move up 100 points. Rank 7 is hell and there is no climbing out of it no matter how much you win. I still remain hopeful that season one is at least a step in the right direction but I guess we will see

    Anyways enjoy the free wins while you get slightly flexed on with the shinies

    submitted by /u/ATOMIC_DIARRHEA
    [link] [comments]

    It costed me 179k Stardust to fully invest into my Azurill turned Azumarill for Great League whereas a local spoofer only spent about half that because he ported to a level 35 Marrill with perfect PVP IVs. Where's the fairplay?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    If this sort of nonsense is going to continue on then Niantic is going to have to up the ante more on Stardust rewards. It takes months for the "average" trainer to farm up a million Stardust and time to power them up because chances are you spend it faster than you make it.

    We have to grind much longer than spoofers. Don't get me wrong. I personally love grinding. But not everyone can and it just sucks that people aren't where they want to be because they opted not to cheat and to me that speaks volume. It shows that you have integrity even if it is just a game. Good form.

    Being able to cheat the system by just spoofing over to level 35 Pokémon is just a severely unfair advantage. Lots of effort and small rewards is what you get from playing legit. Spoofing is the opposite. Little effort, huge gains. I ask again, where's the fairplay here? Help the legit playerbase out. Thanks.

    P.S. I welcome the downvotes. I know what's right and wrong. When you have an unfair, inorganic lead over someone who plays fair then to me that's just not cool.

    submitted by /u/ImNotReallyANerd
    [link] [comments]

    adventure sync isn’t working?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    hey everyone, just wanted to ask if there's someone else with the same problem? i'm currently on vacation in singapore and turned on the adventure sync, to hatch eggs, since i'm outside a lot! but every time, no matter for how long i've walked, my eggs are still at 0km. i really hate this. any tips or tricks?

    edit: it's on iOS

    submitted by /u/hanuta_liz
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the boys on March 2020 Community Day:

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Stay safe this Sunday, everyone! Remember to take proper measures and not spread misinformation. Good luck!

    submitted by /u/Tacote
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic should let us vote for the community day Pokemon on an actual voting poll

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    When you vote it means you have someone or something in your mind. You've gone to polls before to vote and they never gave you an option to vote for multiple things. So with that being said why would that be any different if Niantic actually let us vote for one Pokemon that we wanted for Community Day going forward? It doesn't even have to be soley on their Twitter they can hold a voting poll on their actual page so anyone can go there and vote while not having to need a social media account. That way players that do or do not have a social media account can still take part of the voting and Niantic can still send results through Twitter and via in game news. I would rather be guaranteed to be able to vote for who I want once rather than trying to hope and pray the Pokestop that I go to has the Pokemon I want to submit my vote for. Plus not to mention the current voting system is completely unfair between the rural players and city players.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    I hate Sudowoodo’s pompous smirk. What does he know that I don’t ?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    Also, silver pinap berries should give you more candy than a regular pinap berry.

    And lastly ! If you don't use all the white pokeballs when catching a raid Pokémon or a shadow Pokémon, you should get to keep that shit!

    Fin.

    submitted by /u/fauxpasfemme
    [link] [comments]

    Weather boost and stardust

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    I think that the weather boost should give double dust instead of 25%. It should make it a little bit easier and accessable to participate in go battle league and it helps out our rural players a little.

    submitted by /u/ATOMIC_DIARRHEA
    [link] [comments]

    10km eggs seem to be basically worthless

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Surprisingly, i got three 10-km eggs today. Was so hyped, what pokemon i would get. So i walked those 10km with two bought machines. BTW: Did i mention, i was hyped? Three eggs, 10 kilometers... There must await something great for me. Never had these amounts of 10km eggs in my storage at once... So.... Superhyped.

    You may wonder, what i got. Me too. Still superhyped... Would it be a Deino? An Axew maybe? GIBLE? Superhyped! Even Shinx would be an awesome hatch.

    And now we go: First egg... Hype... Shaking.... Axew? First crack... Axew? Second crack... Deino is awesome... Third crack... Welcome to my team....Audino. Heyyyyyy... Good to have you, 2-star-Audino... for those 10 seconds. And farewell.

    Second egg, same procedure... Super hyped, this will be awesome. After a useless Audino, what could even bother me... Hello possible Axew, hello possible Gible... :) Oh fmd, it's hatching... First crack, pls let it be Axew, second crack, pls let it be Axew, third crack... WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE... Sawk. What the fawk. Another Sawk. Three stars at least but i found a better one in the fucking wilderness. Fuck now gimme that third 10km egg... Let me walk from fucking here to fucking there to fucking that point back to my point, realize its 9.8km, get some little extra steps. The neighbours pretty dangerous dog is barking like hes breaking the fence just by his sound. I wouldnt care... Just gimme that 10kms.

    And i got em. I didnt dieded. I breeded. Axew, are you there? Can you hear me? What are your fucking parents? Deino? How could you possibly hatching from eggs, when your parents are three-headed-monsters? Anyways, you can hatch, thats what really matters.... Just be in that egg... your yolk would be spoken holy to the end of days. Gimme.... First crack.... Ax-ino? Second crack... Deinew? Third crack, couldnt watch... I watched. It's Alomomola.

    Let's see whats in those 2km eggs...

    submitted by /u/KardinalKlobig
    [link] [comments]

    Its 2020 and we still cant change the language of the game

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I only know the pokemon in english and I want to play in english. Please dont force me to play in mandarin. I mean the languages are all in the code anyways.

    Let us choose!

    submitted by /u/BasicMouse
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with the Go Battle League right now.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Unfortunately I have been getting nothing but Shieldon and Teipig. :(

    Meme.exe

    submitted by /u/Updoot-FingerMan
    [link] [comments]

    Define Shundo

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    How do you define Shundo? Shiny and Hundo? I think NOT. It means Shadow and Hundo! Caught this dude some time ago and didnt notice his stats until I was checking all my 100IV pokemon 😁

    https://imgur.com/a/u25Qttx

    submitted by /u/kkellogg378
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Cliff Pinsir/Electivire/Tyranitar today

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I used powered up Lucario / swampert / machamp. I could probably have led with machamp but lucario is such a star at getting those shields down.

    submitted by /u/Scp-1404
    [link] [comments]

    My friend just sent me this...

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    My friend just sent me this picture where everything is wrong !

    Is this a known bug ? I've never seen this before !

    https://imgur.com/a/QPTfuTs

    submitted by /u/Qwen7
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone gotten a second Snorlax from GBL?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I see him listed as a potential encounter but have never gotten him as a 4th win reward. All others I've gotten at least one, even Deino.

    submitted by /u/Eunicker
    [link] [comments]

    Finally found my shiny Dragonite

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/qr2qZzD

    There is a hot air ballon festival in Canberra (Australia) at the the moment and this one reminded me of a shiny Dragonite

    submitted by /u/_some__guy_
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Giovanni

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Finding Giovanni

    I've been looking for Giovanni for the past four days and haven't been able to find him. Not even decoys. I'm wondering, has he been cancelled due to coronavirus? Has anyone in Italy, South Korea or Japan found him this month?

    submitted by /u/APieThrower
    [link] [comments]

    Regular and shiny abra line

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I made Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam for community day. Last month I made the rhyhorn line to trade for shiny rhyhorns since I wasn't able to go out and get my own. Luckily, one of the local players was willing to trade! He even got me a Rhyperior with the special move. This time around, I'll be going out myself, but I made the dolls anyway and I made their shiny versions too! https://imgur.com/gallery/hVl3v58

    submitted by /u/beamer14
    [link] [comments]

    The lag is still here.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    I am still having issues with lags and bugs even after they made it available back again. This is worrying, considering that Season 1 is just around the corner 😔.

    submitted by /u/mysenpaibessie
    [link] [comments]

    Having too many events are both bad for the players and the game itself down the road

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I know there are posts that have been made about there being too many events and I just wanted to expand on that and put my own thoughts on the matter. Not only is it getting a lot for players to try to handle, but it's also killing the game faster if your putting a lot of events at once.

    Events are great don't get me wrong they are one of the most fun things to do during the game aside from raiding, community day, etc. I mean think of it this way they could have spread out these events that they had and will be having during the rest of the month into a 3 or even a 4 month span as supposed to 1 month.

    I feel like they are more interested in trying to make as much money as they can quickly than thinking about the actual longevity of the game, and how they could potentially make this game last even longer than many of us think it can last. I would rather the game last a long time then them cutting it short because they ran out of events or interest because they ran way to many events and burnt out the players.

    I think there really should only be one or two events during a month max. Let players have a break in between and it's not like people will stop playing if there isn't an event going on. People need that break to collect stardust and pokeballs that we have been using more and more lately for GBL, Spotlight Hour and Community Day.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Banished to the Shadow Realm by Shadow Mawile.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I had just gotten an Arlo done and received a shadow Mawile to add to my collection. Then i decided to make it my Buddy Pokemon and was banished to the Shadow Realm lol.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/N8VqYAf

    submitted by /u/--BONER--
    [link] [comments]

    99PI has a cute little story about Pokémon and Occoquan (Starts at 26:00)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment