• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 21, 2020

    Pokémon GO - I may have just met the most toxic member of the community.

    Pokémon GO - I may have just met the most toxic member of the community.


    I may have just met the most toxic member of the community.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    I just had the most surreal gaming experience of my life playing Pokemon Go in a cemetery.

    There's a place near my home called Getzendaner Park that's always been a popular spot for players to go. It has a really long trail with lots of Pokestops and Gyms along it. This trail runs right through a cemetery, which also has lots of Pokestops and Gyms.

    I just started playing again a few days ago because there's not much else I can do. I decided to take on one of the gyms in the cemetery because it looked easy to take over. This is where the drama starts.

    I managed to knock two or three Pokemon off the gym then noticed I completely stopped making progress. I would beat both remaining Pokemon and by the time I'd battle them again they would be fully healed. I didn't really understand what was going on because there was literally no one else in the cemetery but me. After like 10 minutes I left that gym to go hit up the Pokestops again then came back. Again, no progress.

    Eventually this car drives by and drops a CP 2800 Snorlax on the gym. I immediately recognized the username.

    This guy has two level 40 accounts. Pretty easy to tell because the usernames were basically Account85 and MyOtherAccount85, with the word "Account" replaced with a unique gamertag.

    So I decide to leave. Obviously this guy is really serious about holding these gyms. As I'm walking down the road I notice the car drive over grass in a cemetery to connect to an adjacent driving path. I literally stood there with my mouth open watching this dude drive through the grass. Who the hell does that in a cemetery?

    Anyways, there's a reason he's done this. He drives down this path and stops his car right at the end of the path I'm walking down to leave the cemetery. I really don't know what I was expecting to happen but I assure you it wasn't this:

    As I'm approaching his car (literally like 10 feet away) he rolls down his window and says, "Don't want to try that Snorlax, huh? HA HA HA!" He literally laughed so hard that he started coughing. He slammed on his gas pedal, kicking up dirt and gravel from the driving path, and drove away laugh-coughing.

    I was stunned. I literally did not know how to react to anything that just happened to me. I just felt so mad. I think cemeteries are beautiful, peaceful places and doing things like driving over grass for a video game is mad disrespectful.

    I'm just blown away. I see stories like this on Cringetopia and JustNeckbeardThings all the time, but you never expect to run into one in the wild.

    TL;DR: Jerk is so desperate to hold a gym in a cemetery that he feeds the Pokemon berries as he's driving to the gym, drops a CP 2800 Snorlax on the gym from his second Level 40 account, then drives off the path and over grass in a cemetery to confront me as I'm leaving.

    submitted by /u/Pure_Coffee
    [link] [comments]

    I think I won the game. (Part 2)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/8xkkpIb My quest for 0% IV's continues, managed to pull this guy down the street. Been looking for a shiny manetric and it happened to be a 10 cp 0%. This is my second 0% shiny, my first one being a Slakoth. Check my last post to see it. Good luck on the hunt brothers and sisters, May you find what you are looking for.

    submitted by /u/TP4_My_Bunghole
    [link] [comments]

    How do we STILL not have a cheap bundle for balls yet?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I think I can speak for many that there have been a lot of posts about how there should be cheap bundles for the balls in the store. Question is what is taking them so long to do that? Why haven't we been able to see anything for balls specially for the Genesect research. Sure you can complete it at home, but if you run out of balls then what? Most places are in lock down you can't even go to a stop if you have the time. Also why not do something for the game like come out with an update for us to find items on the ground? In the original Pokemon games you could find items on the ground every now and then. I don't know I am just surprised there still hasn't been anything out yet for a cheap bundle for balls.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    Did Niantic raise the still spawns for quarantined players?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Whenever I was at home I would get maybe 1 Pokémon like every 20 minutes. Now with the whole outbreak I get 4 or 5. I'm pretty sure Niantic did this on purpose to help out us quarantined players. And maybe it's just more random spawns per player because yesterday (last day before official quarantine for me) I was going through a pretty dead highway and normally there's never Pokémon there at all and this time a couple would spawn.

    submitted by /u/Gilorz
    [link] [comments]

    Toxic multi-account

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    So I am living in a small suburb with 3 gyms and 4 PokéStops. I actively took part in raids some time ago during my studies but now I rarely find time to do it or the local community rather raids in town than in the suburb. So I am not really connected to the community besides some groups with raid postings where I sometimes try to notify people of raids in my suburb. The player base is largely Team Mystic, some Team Instincts and very few Team Valor. There used to be a very healthy rotation in the gyms granting people their 50 coins even back when there were fewer gyms.

    Now there is this player with, I swear, at least ten accounts (all with the same nickname appended by different counts of 1s at the beginning and end). He turns up, takes all gyms in the suburb, places 6 pokemon in. Since I am, like the majority of the community, Team Mystic I have no way of placing Pokémon in the gyms to earn my daily 50 coins. Players of other teams are usually deterred by the 6 defenders being regularly healed with berries too.

    I feel like his/her practice is really destructive. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to meet them at one of the gyms to talk to them personally and I have no clue whether they are in any of the groups. How would you go about this?

    Edit: Spelling

    submitted by /u/Frank1912
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to login?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    Is anyone else having the issue where the game just loads like, 60% and doesn't load any further? It's been stuck like this and I've tried my wifi and 4G. It's just not going beyond that.

    submitted by /u/SpicyChocoMuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic we need more pokeballs!

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Dear Niantic, Because of the quarantine people have almost no pokeballs, so there should be like a daily reward or a large quantity of pokeballs added to people's account. Therefore people can play Pokemon go like normal without having to spend alot of money on pokecoins for pokeballs.

    submitted by /u/JustReuben
    [link] [comments]

    I think I speak for us all when I say...

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Thank you Niantic for making Marill a spawn during this event! I'm glad more people will finally be using it in great league, it's such an underrated Pokemon which will finally get its time to shine

    submitted by /u/enragedsauce
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Pokemon GO for keeping me connected to my son on another continent

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Got stuck in South America on a business trip and family is in the States. Border is closed where I am at and no return date in site. My 11 year old loves Pokemon Go - most of my interaction with the game has been just to hang out with him and encourage the exercise. Now I am in South America and playing to foster more communication with him (he's a kid and his desire to FaceTime with dad is about the same as any 11 year old - sporadic!). Now we are battling, texting, trash talking, etc. Real morale boost.

    submitted by /u/AnotherEarther
    [link] [comments]

    Trade Cobalion?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    My wife got two in battle league and I haven't been so lucky. We tried a trade and the game says not enough stardust? We each have over 30k. Is that not enough?

    submitted by /u/l4derman
    [link] [comments]

    I've been looking for an Aerodactyl and a Lileep/Anorith for the Meltan quest for months now. The game has now decided to start taunting me about this fact.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Too bad hatching doesn't count as a catch. :/ Hopefully they do another fossil event soon because I've also been looking for the Win 5 Raids task for a month with no luck! Though, as a rural player once I get it, I'll need to farm 1-2 star raids.

    submitted by /u/Gaelfling
    [link] [comments]

    Are the servers down in some areas?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Can't log in at all the game loads 3/4ths of the way through and just stops. Tried restarting my phone multiple times and has done nothing.

    submitted by /u/MostChrisbox
    [link] [comments]

    we really need more pokeballs

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    My country is on strict quarantine, we can't go out or we face jail and penalty fees. i've ran out of gifts to send and my friends seem to have run out of gifts, or wont send because i dont send them

    i have plently of incence however without any pokeballs and not being able to go out this is becoming very hard to play. i've already missed a shiny torchic for not having any pokeballs.

    will there be a discount to buying pokeballs? or any other way to get more?

    i've ran out of coins to keep buying more pokeballs and i cant take my pokemons to any gym :c

    (deeply sorry for my terrible english)

    submitted by /u/LightningSpearwoman
    [link] [comments]

    I think I won the game. (Part 2)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/8xkkpIb My quest for 0% IV's continues, managed to pull this guy down the street. Been looking for a shiny manetric and it happened to be a 10 cp 0%. This is my second 0% shiny, my first one being a Slakoth. Check my last post to see it. Good luck on the hunt brothers and sisters, May you find what you are looking for.

    submitted by /u/TP4_My_Bunghole
    [link] [comments]

    Pokécentres

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    An idea I had ages ago (and probably many others have had too!) – Pokécentres in PoGO should be like marketplaces where you can leave items in a stall and ppl who are your friends can buy them from you by clicking on a 'visit stall' button by the trade & gift buttons on your profile. If they're ultra/best friends with you they can even buy Pokémon from you/leave Pokémon there to trade!

    submitted by /u/sendmemesyeehaw
    [link] [comments]

    Pokéball Plus auto catch trick - fully legitime or grey zone?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Pokéball Plus auto catch trick - fully legitime or grey zone?

    If you tie the strap with the plastic part on top of the upper button, it will stay pushed downed and this will enable players to auto catch Pokémon without having to do anything.

    Does anybody know what Niantic stance is to this trick? I asked them some time ago, but I didn't get an answer. I am the type of player who wants to play as legit as possible, and this seems to be really grey-zoneish.

    https://preview.redd.it/hx9x6x8by0o41.png?width=340&format=png&auto=webp&s=b73a0caf8c3b542cda928e4e4a259c40558b22e0

    submitted by /u/Saroku12
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else still unable to log in?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    The title.

    I was sorting by new and haven't seen anyone still discussing this. I wonder if it's been resolved and I honestly can't find how to fix it. I was hoping to chip away at the Genesect research.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fotank
    [link] [comments]

    Special pokemon

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    So I'm fairly new to the game and I don't really understand some of the features pokemon can have (I've never played any other pokemon before). I understand that shiny is just cosmetic but what about lucky and does weight actually effect anything (why are some xl and some xs)?

    submitted by /u/AlexanderRodriguezII
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some of my pokemons have a "date mark" at the right side?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I'm back to the game this year after playing until 2017, and I got some pokemons with this thing, like a Pidgeot with a 08/30/2016 mark at his right side (the same as the catch day), but why do some pokemons have this while others don't?

    submitted by /u/Relwarcs
    [link] [comments]

    I think I want to go back to level 7....

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    It would be nice if there was a "cutoff" between level 7 and 8 where you could fall back...

    I stink at PvP... I'm learning and got better this season, finally I am pulling in a 3:2 ratio in level seven, hit level 8, and BAM lost my first nine matches.

    I don't think I can manage the rest of this season going 1-4

    submitted by /u/Celt1977
    [link] [comments]

    Purify 84% Shadow Ampharos?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Do i purify my 15/11/12 Ampharos so it would be 93% 15/13/14 with the exclusive move Return?

    Or should i keep it shadow but it would be meh iv?

    submitted by /u/Krunos811
    [link] [comments]

    Should I start a new account?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    I've just got back into Pokémon Go today and I'm wondering whether I should use my old account (I'm LV 10 on that) or I should just start a brand new one.

    I'm wondering if there are any perks or gifts new players receive like in other games or not?

    submitted by /u/FollowerOfWaluigi
    [link] [comments]

    I got this Shiny Feebas from one of the special quests. Is this always shiny, or was I lucky?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/D2A40l7

    Apologies if I'm not doing this the correct way. I'm new to the sub, and there were a lot of rules. I tried reading and making sure my post followed them, but I could have easily missed something.

    Anyways, I just finished a special quest from the professor, and the reward was a Feebas. Now mine was shiny. I'm just curious if the reward itself guaranteed a shiny, or if I was lucky getting it, and it's cause for celebration. Feebas/Milotic is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I'm very happy to get a shiny one (although, if I ever get enough Feebas candy to evolve it that is). I just wanted to make sure this wasn't just a part of the reward, and everyone has one. So I don't feel excited over nothing.

    submitted by /u/Caustic_Cynic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment