• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 22, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    MEME INCOMING! No protective shields left!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    I've decided to (mostly) quit Go after playing daily since the game's wide release. For anyone interested, I've put together ten images of stats, favorite Pokémon, and other observations from the last 3.5 years of in-game experiences.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    I've been playing since day 1 and made a post over a year ago when I hit level 40 summarizing my stats and most useful Pokémon up to that point.

    Now, I've accomplished pretty much all that I want to in the game and am going to be borderline quitting. I will probably keep Go on my phone as it encourages me to exercise but I'm pretty much done outside of checking in a couple times a day.

    Pokémon Go has been an immensely positive influence on me. So, I've made a new set of images with stats for anyone curious and commemorating a lot of the highlights from my past 3.5 years of playing. My graphic design skills don't go much further than knowing basic PowerPoint functions, but hopefully these look alright :)

    I hope anyone reading it finds it worthwhile! I'm mostly a solo player and am always curious about how other people have played the game and which Pokémon they've found to be the most useful, so feel free to share that as well.

    EDIT as a couple people have noted, I may be mixed-up about the exact day the game came out.

    submitted by /u/PeaceSim
    [link] [comments]

    As more places go into quarantine and more people isolate, it would be nice if the first time you opened the game everyday rewarded you the same as your first Pokestop spin

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Title says it all. It would be a nice way for players to get some items throughout the week.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/coalsack
    [link] [comments]

    Remove Unova Starters from GBL

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Scenario: You're playing GBL and you were able to pull off a 4/5 victories(or 2/5 on Premium), you click on the encounter screen, hoping it'll be the Special Weekend Cobalion or a Metagross, but what do you get? A worthless Oshawott/Tepig/Snivy that you can just as easily find in the wild.

    So my suggestion is for Niantic to remove the Unova Starters as to not make our grueling achievement have absolutely no merit. Because if I knew I'd only get a Unova Starter from all those wins instead of a powerful Metagross, the recent Rufflet, or a shot at Shiny Cobalion(which most cannot raid due to a certain pandemic), I'd just say screw it and just not do it at all.

    Simply put, remove Unova Starters as GBL rewards since they're worthless, can easily be found in the wild, and make your accomplishment look like nothing.

    submitted by /u/soahcthegod2012
    [link] [comments]

    I HATE this meta

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry has a bloody Azumarill, Registeel and Altaria/Skarmory.

    What's the fucking point of playing a Battle League in a series that a has diverse range of Pokemon if the bloody meta is confined to a handful of Pokemon?

    Seriously

    submitted by /u/Sharingan_
    [link] [comments]

    This has to be the lousiest 4 star ever

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gGfp7Nc

    I was so excited when I appraised it and found out it was a 4. All of my hopes and dreams were dashed though once I looked back up at the cp and saw that it only had 19 cp. My disappointment is immense, and my day is ruined. I honestly didn't think 4s could be this bad, I guess someone at niantic has a sense of humor.

    To put it into perspective: Without powering it up a fully evolved magnezone would only be around 45 cp. *125 candies spent In order to make it any good for great league: *167 candies *29,300 stardust In order to make it any good for ultra league (which would be the ideal): *223-227 candies *96,500 stardust

    submitted by /u/teartionga
    [link] [comments]

    I hate Legendary Pokémon from Go Battles

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Normally i love being able to catch the legendaries because it's difficult in my area to complete 5 star raids. However, during this pandemic, i am staying in to avoid contact with people. It's extremely frustrating having to use 20+ poke balls to catch a Cobalion that i do not need and at a time when Balls are limited in order to get my rewards and start battling again. Why can't they let us run from the Pokémon appearance? Just an extremely frustrating time for someone trying to be responsible and stay indoors

    submitted by /u/the_banditx
    [link] [comments]

    Let's remember those that still work themselves to exhaustion during these times of crisis.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/8ZLDAQy.jpg

    It even didn't take the bed in case it was needed for someone else... Arceus bless all their hearts.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    We thought this shot would be too amewsing not to set up!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Expand gifting back to 40 a day(many of us cannot go outside so it only seems fair without gifting us pokeballs)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    What are everyone else's thoughts? Obviously the shortage of pokeballs for players right now is a problem within the game and it will turn away players in my opinion if we can only get pokeballs from 20 gifts a day(and some of them don't even give pokeballs)

    submitted by /u/Royals777321
    [link] [comments]

    The ultimate quest, now that we‘re in quarantine:

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Now, that most of us shouldn't go outside, wouldn't it be a great idea to rate all the pokestop submissions? For example I have submitted around ten stops and only one from nine months ago has ever been implemented into the game. So let's when we do it now, the experience we're going to have when getting out again will be better.

    submitted by /u/R4m_Dominus_GT
    [link] [comments]

    Lockdown? GPS drift to the rescue!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    The Fast and Pokemon GO: Tokyo drift

    Found a spot on my desk where my phone drifts like crazy. Easy egg hatching too.

    Quite funny, i get more distance this way than i would by regular walking ;)

    Maybe you guys can find a similar spot in your living space.

    submitted by /u/user_421
    [link] [comments]

    Weak Connection

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Is anyone else still getting "weak connection" issues during battles? I've lost countless battles due to these issues, and it's extremely frustrating; everything freezes but somehow my opponent can still attack, and I'm left unable to do anything. I'm getting sick of it

    submitted by /u/Bankurofuto
    [link] [comments]

    Your GBL teams?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I made it to rank 7 1,996 pretty easily and since then it's been downhill from there. If you're willing to share I'm curious what teams took you guys to the higher ranks. Clefable, bastiodon, and azumarill got me to 7 but I can't find a consistent team now. Happened in the preseason too once I got to the higher ranks.

    submitted by /u/Shanester925
    [link] [comments]

    How many people actually play this game as it came out?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Hello, I played this game since July 11, 2016 with who is now my spouse and still enjoying the game at daily basis.

    While we played the game mainly on our college campus back then, where lots of college kids (like ourselves) would take their turns on gyms day and night, having offline raid meetings up to dozens of people and making friends on streets by coincidentally meeting on pokestops or pokegyms.

    That was up to around 2018 and we moved to a bigger city area for our jobs after graduation, of course. Things weren't as easy as before as I no longer lived in an apartment where two pokestops were placed and could click on Pokemon GO Plus every 5 minutes for the rolls, or no longer 4-5 gyms right at the first block from where I lived.

    Because our new home was rather away from the busy downtown area, we didn't really have a pokestop nearby even within reachable distance by car, plus to we thought it was too stupid to drive a car out just to roll a pokestop. Now we moved again which is a wonderful place with better accessibility to pokestops and gyms, while also having one at our own apartment complex.

    Then, by the time I could play the game again last year, I realized playing PoGO in a big city experience was rather different from that of a little college town. Even though we lived around here in new home for more than a year now, we have never seen actual group of people dropping by at the gym, in person, while I always see the teams switching. Both friendlies and enemies, I've never seen the trace of human warmth in poke spots unlike I could actually greet or be greeted by happy strangers that were so happy to meet another nerd back in college town.

    I even had a possible spoofer(?) experience who wouldn't let go of their control of our apartment gym. I think that's what it's called, using GPS tricker to play the game without actually being on foot. I clearly see nobody around, I don't hear anybody, but about 3-4 characters would add up their pokemons on the gym and desperately try to feed golden berries every time we attack them. (We normally attack them anyways since we still have affordable amount of potions from 4 years ago)

    To make sure, I'm not talking about after COVID-19 crisis. I wonder if I've been dull to play this game the old ways, on foot, wherever we go while everybody else either decided to play drive-by or using GPS trickers. I kinda miss the old times of strangers happily greeting each others. In the game that explores the world, I even feel like I'm alone in it because nobody else is seen playing it in person. I was so shocked one of the friends I made recently was even a spoofer too!

    Can you share your experience of PoGO nowadays, so that I can catch up with how everybody else goes nowadays! Thanks greatly and hope y'all have a good hunting at home. I was running out of Pokeballs then I found a $50 appstore gift card my husband gifted me idk how many years ago, so this may help through the somewhat-lockdown down here. Stay strong!

    submitted by /u/Wehhass
    [link] [comments]

    Pokeball drought?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    I bought 100 TODAY with gym coins and now have zero. Seems like I'm using more and getting less. Anybody have the same issue?

    submitted by /u/YaBoiDonnie016
    [link] [comments]

    The Fisher Vest disappointment

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    This may have been brought up before, but I couldn't find anything so forgive me for my ignorance if it has.

    But why on earth after painstakingly (at least it was for a friend and I) catching 300 XL Magikarp since day one of the PoGo being released, does it then cost 500 coins to buy the vest. Disappointing was the least fruitful word that came out of my mouth. My friend has decided to stop playing the game altogether and I'm very close!

    The Niantic money grabbing machine at its finest!

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/DanH6168
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to invert the loading screen colors.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/JbjvQpJ

    I think it would be nicer on the eyes when you first wake up or when you are going to bed. Instead of squinting when the game is loading.

    submitted by /u/MrAnxietyOSRS
    [link] [comments]

    How rare is this exactly?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I got this today from the go battle league rewards. How good or rare exactly is this? I was thinking of using it for the ultra league PVP. https://imgur.com/gallery/fanapxK

    submitted by /u/QwertyToYouToo
    [link] [comments]

    This Ultra League is gonna be crazy

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Everyone's gonna throw out at least one legend,every pkmn especially fighting types gonna have a third move and then there will be non meta vs meta vs anti meta Pokemon...it might actually be fun, dare I say, versatile?

    submitted by /u/TheRikari
    [link] [comments]

    First pvp encounter shiny :D

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Couldn't get one while it was Girantina, but now it succeeded at my second one ^ Pvp encounter ^ https://imgur.com/gallery/eAvM7dV

    submitted by /u/f0_1
    [link] [comments]

    Quarantine idea: be able to interact with one each of your nearest stop and gym

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    So since people are running out of balls and being unable to collect coins, I'd think that it'd be a good idea for Niantic to allow for people to interact with their closest stop and gym from indoors. It can even allow for people to participate in raids, if the gym is in a densely populated area.

    submitted by /u/epenguin21B
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or the game?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:04 AM PDT

    I don't know why, whether it's just me growing distant or if the game has actually changed at all, but I have really fallen out of love with Pokemon Go and just can't seem to get back into it. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just weird

    submitted by /u/NakedStarwahl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment