• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints


    Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

    Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

    No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

    • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

    • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

    • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

      (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Locking the most interesting/worthwhile reward for pvp behind an 80% win rate in what essentially amounts to a game of Rock Paper Scissors is incredibly frustrating.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    It wouldn't be as bad if they fixed the bugs, but every other match freezes and you can't damage the opponent, or you have to tap on the charge move icon 5 times for it to register, or the opponent uses more than two shields, etc etc the list goes on. This is the least fun pvp in any mobile game I've ever played and that's kind of sad to me.

    submitted by /u/Hydrabreath
    [link] [comments]

    Rhyperior looks dumb

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    I grew up with Generation I Pokemon and I was always fond of Rhyhorn and Rhydon. Coming back to Pokemon after Generation III, I think the design for Rhyperior missed the mark big time. Rhyperior just looks kind of derpy and lame, especially their arms. Looks like some major mobility issues and loss of musculature, or the rock equivalent of "beefiness." sighs in Brock

    submitted by /u/nwooly
    [link] [comments]

    Increase gift opening limit- PLEASE!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    I know everyone says this but I'm begging for it again....despite all the wonderful changes that have come about I'm still jammed up with gifts. I won't even ask for them to change the interface. Just up the limit. Pleeeeeeaase!!!!! It's easier to sit at home and pop an incense right now rather than go out in the crowds. I could get way more balls from opening gifts, but I max out at 20 pretty darn quick. I don't really have a safe spot I can go and sit on a spot or gym without a call to the cops or a hostile player rolling up so yeah...just saying. It'd be nice to be able to open more gifts right now. 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/cryptkeeper522
    [link] [comments]

    30 incense for 1 coin is cool...

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    But can I not get the same 2 Pokémon over and over? It's been 42 minutes and I now have 22 meditites and 14 mankeys. Please change this. I haven't gotten a single Pokémon other than these two. I beg

    submitted by /u/itsrewindtimeinsyria
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel the “unable to attack until the opponents next charge move” bug happens more frequently in favour of your opponent than yourself?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I posted this on r/TheSilphRoad and had several people agree that they felt it was happening in favour of their opponent than themselves.

    I wonder if this can explain something about the nature of the bug? Does it imply something about my phone, wifi etc?

    I also feel that none of the bugs in the game happen in my favour. Or if so, it's really a handful of times that it works to my advantage.

    Or is this all some kind of observation bias?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/fotank
    [link] [comments]

    Close one!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/XAO4uze

    Kind of felt bad for this guy, was a close battle the whole time! Ended through fast attacks, so it was just a tap off til someone fell. This was my 4th with, got a nice Metagross out of it.

    submitted by /u/Bigbaby47
    [link] [comments]

    I'm really tired of registeel-azumarill-skarmory/altaria

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    I just don't have a response to this team. I try medicham to deal with registeel and they switch it out so I can't hit registeel with fighting. I get some wins still, but it's so boring coming up against the same Pokémon. I'm trying to power up an azumarill but I guess I'm a fairly newer player than those I am playing against. Powering up bastiodon takes forever. I just wish the stock of pokemon for PvP was more diverse, I'm now bored of this

    submitted by /u/haisuli3
    [link] [comments]

    Gotta love this glitches ��

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I dont know why but the game has been pretty buggy since the last update, heres just one of many glitches ive been having, the duplicating trainer https://imgur.com/gallery/14x8qX8

    submitted by /u/CukiSaYTa
    [link] [comments]

    GBL rankings are broken

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    I'm a level 36 player who started playing last September, and I've loved a lot of aspects of this game, especially the recently added PvP(when it's not lagging beyond control.) Obviously though, as a relatively recently started player who isn't quite at level 40 I don't have the same capacity to field the extremely good teams that level 40's with all kinds of legacy moves and saved up stardust do, which is why I was 100% happy sitting at rank 7 and making slow but steady upward rank progression while hunting encounters. I liked gbl because I could use atypical Pokémon in smart ways to win against the usual meta relevant mons everyone else used. I had no desire to tank my rank or to reach level 10, because the upper half of 7 was a fitting rank for me with the teams I liked to use.

    This all changed with season 1. For some reason, I was placed against competition unlike I'd ever faced as early as rank four and went from an average 2-4 wins every set to 0-2, with encounters being virtually impossible for me without a premium pass. To be honest I could have lived with that and found ways to get better, but what I couldn't live with was, after all that, being sent past rank 7 straight into rank 8 and facing even more difficult competition than before. I'm currently sitting at 2-20 on the day and I honestly don't think I'm even going to bother with battling anymore. I suppose this is a result of people tanking their ranks, but it's just stupid for me to go against teams of Deoxys/Regi/Azu every single match when I'm trying to casually play using parties I have access to and find fun. I don't want to have to go full tryhard and run the exact same party that 90% of people run just to get a win.

    submitted by /u/dankest_cucumber
    [link] [comments]

    Weather boost is getting out of hand

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Cacnea Weather spawns are much diverse such interesting

    https://i.imgur.com/jvP43Rl.jpg

    submitted by /u/Mulgear
    [link] [comments]

    When are fossil pokemon not gonna be in 7km eggs?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Title says it all really. It's been a while since the fossil egg event and all the 7k eggs i hatch are fossil pokemon.

    I went from going out of my way to find aerodactyl raids and the pokestop challenge for it, to having over 200 candy. I dont him anymore 😂😂

    submitted by /u/liflopam97
    [link] [comments]

    The Battle League is a joke- Most matches are decided by luck more often than they are skill.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I want to start this by saying I love the idea of the Go Battle League- just not the execution. There are a few things with it that I find incredibly frustrating.

    The switch cooldown is an issue. As is the complete mystery as to what your opponents are using. Most of my complaints stem from one of these two mechanics. For the sake of discussion, let's refer to the Pokémon in this as Rock Paper Scissors.

    if I have the best team, but throw Rock as my lead, if my opponent leads with paper, I'm at a huge disadvantage- I either sacrifice Rock, or switch to Scissors. By switching to Scissors, it allows my opponent to switch to their Rock, and now I'm back in the same situation. My scissors will die, and now I have nothing to counter their original paper. It seems like every match I play goes exactly like this.

    Now, I could go off meta and play with counters to the top RPS, but then I'm not guaranteed to even face the top meta Pokémon, and I lose because I didn't anticipate what my opponent was doing.

    For a while I was seeing a lot of scarmory and alteria, so I ran my shieldon. Then I stopped seeing them so I cut him for something better against the whiscash... But as soon as I cut Shieldon, I'm back against alteria and scarmory again.

    So in my opinion, it all comes down to luck- if you guess the right Pokémon to use, and in the right order. Now, how do we fix that? Some of my ideas include-

    Increase the team size. Even if you add one Pokémon, to make the battles 4v4, you could cover more types and not just get hosed because you didn't anticipate a certain type.

    Keep it 3v3 but let us take in a party of 4-6. You can switch from your lead into any of the others, but can only use three total, so you can't use more than three in battle, but you have some options as to team choice after pairing

    Shorten the switch cool down- maybe give us the option of sacrificing energy for a faster swap out.(This could be abused or even broken, so it would require testing to see if it is to strong)

    Let us buy extra shields with our energy. After storing up enough energy, rather than use it for a charged attack, maybe we could use it for an extra shield. Again, that would have to be tested to see if it made anything too overpowered, but I think it would add another layer to the battle system, making it more dynamic.

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk, thoughts and comments can be left below

    I've been at it pretty much all afternoon, trying with top meta Pokemon, as well as things specifically to counter top meta Pokémon and have yet to win more than 1 battle per set. Something is clearly wrong with this

    submitted by /u/Furrycheetah
    [link] [comments]

    Machamp!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    I messed up on the eye a little, but I still think it looks decent! [machamp!] https://imgur.com/gallery/JawvVRQ Also an AR of him https://i.imgur.com/89oXYlT.jpg

    submitted by /u/makaynerd
    [link] [comments]

    Down with the META!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    You can go see my battles on my ig: @prof_kasparticus

    I love Pokemon teams that don't conform to the meta, and that goes for PoGo also.

    THE TEAM: Magneton+Ivysaur+Sunny Castform

    Magneton Thunder shock Magnet Bomb+discharge

    Magneton hits HARD! I lead with it in order to catch the Altaria, skarmory, or even the azu leads. I haven't had any of them stay in because of how hard it hits. It charges very fast and can get rid of your opponents shields quickly to setup for a sweep. It's typing allows for switch ins on Altaria and Skarm's sky attack.

    Ivysaur Razor leaf Sludge bomb+power whip

    I have 1v1 a Venusaur and came out on top. That moment is what solidified ivysaur for me with Magneton leading the next thing I see is usually a mud boi. Mud bois get destroyed by ivysaur and it usually doesn't even have to use a charge move. Great bulk, powerful STAB.

    Sunny Castform Ember Weather ball+Solar beam

    Right now my favorite Pokémon. I love when I see a registeel because I know I'm about to obliterate it. Great for all the steel types and guess what? IT HAS SOLAR BEAM!! Not everyone knows because I have been able to charge up and destroy mud bois, and azumarills when the trainer didn't realize what it was dealing with. Surprisingly very bulky and if you get the lead right forcing a switch into a grass, steel, or ice type. There is nothing that will save them from the power of the SUN!!

    Hope you like my team. I have enjoyed it greatly so far and I'm looking to break into tier 10 hopefully soon.

    submitted by /u/Kasparticus
    [link] [comments]

    There has been an outrageous number of shenanigans this weekend in the GBL

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    The decision to remove and reduce walk distance was good by Niantic. However, the increased number of trainer battles in the GBL have highlighted the various glitches, (I'm guessing) deliberate exploits, and/or cheats. I don't know if these can all be attributed to poor connection or bugs in general but here's a list of things that I've experienced and taken note of.

    • opponent switches Pokemon, we both freeze for a few seconds, we unfreeze, my Pokemon loses a chunk of HP and they use a charge attack

    • opponent uses back to back charge attacks without having charged the second one (this is hard to definitively say but I try to keep track of relative charge times)

    • weak connection notice that disappears after a few seconds along with a chunk of only my Pokemons HP

    • charge attacks requiring 3-7 taps to initiate

    • protect shields not functioning but still consuming their use

    • three protect shields used by opponents

    • opponent switching Pokemon then immediately switching again

    And a new one that happened just now: the end of my last match was a mirror match between low HP Altarias. No protect shields on either side, I initiated sky attack first and while I was charging it up (and celebrating), I'm sent back to my home screen. No crash/bug report, it's as if my phone closed the PokemonGO app instantly. Upon reopening, I find that that battle counts as a loss. This hasn't ever happened before and when PokemonGO has crashed before, it is always preceded with extreme lag in the various screens and accompanied with a bug report.

    I enjoy the GBL immensely. This last weekend has been a huge pain as more than 3/4 my matches have been affected by these bugs or exploits. Since there are rankings, rewards, competition, and the possibility of money being spent in the GBL, I believe Niantic should make it their top priority to clean up the GBL and investigate exploitative or cheating behaviors.

    submitted by /u/lmpossibear
    [link] [comments]

    I'm bad at using Reddit but...

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    I couldn't figure out how to post the dang screenshot but I hatched a shiny Shinx the other day in school and I screamed in the hall. Shinx was my favorite childhood Pokemon so I was really happy. That was I wanted to show a screenshot but I'm dumb so.

    submitted by /u/-Roborat-
    [link] [comments]

    PVP Teams

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:31 AM PDT

    Is anyone else sick of the meta? Just seeing the same four Pokemon over and over again. I have just ended up making my team counters to the meta which is giving me wins but even so it's just getting dull

    submitted by /u/Jackbo-The-Donkey
    [link] [comments]

    The amount of people claiming there is a PVP exploit currently is ridiculous.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    There is currently no exploit and people keeping saying there is and it's infuriating, because it hurts the PVP scene. You can swap your Pokemon milliseconds before a charge move, it's luck/skill based but it's not an exploit, could be a bug.

    If you can't hit your charge move on the first tap that's lag. If you hit a charge move and it freezes and then you miss the entire charge animation, it's lag. If you or your opponent gets 3 shields, that's a bug. If you or your opponent is unable to attack, it's a bug. If you or your opponent charge a move faster than normally possible than it's a bug.

    Exploits have to be reusable and you have to be able to trigger it at least 10%-25%of the time, a good example WAS the airplane glitch it has been patched out, and since there has not been any single video showing an exploit happening, if there is and it can be replicated please drop in the comments, but until then please stop posting on these Reddit posts and Twitter posts that you're losing because people are cheating, it's currently impossible to cheat.

    submitted by /u/Frankuro
    [link] [comments]

    I caught my Gengar haunting my other pokemon after saying I was going to get a new buddy

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Caught my Gengar haunting my other pokemon https://imgur.com/gallery/7gPynRB

    I think Grue is feeling a little jealous and doesn't want to share!

    submitted by /u/StravickanChaos
    [link] [comments]

    How long will my Pokemon stay in a gym if unchallenged?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    I have a rural gym that was new and unclaimed, I put my Pokemon in and it has been in there for four days now (alone) so there obviously aren't many players around the area! My question is will it stay there indefinitely if no one challenges the gym? I have not fed it so motivation is at minimum at the moment.

    submitted by /u/Buell247
    [link] [comments]

    Fast TM

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Please for all that is right stop making the chances getting a Fast TM scroll so abysmal compared to Charged from GBL rewards, atleast make it 50/50. Literally 16 charged tms in a row gets under the skin when i can be expanding my teams but getting held back by fast attack..sorry rant over

    submitted by /u/NoxiousDreems
    [link] [comments]

    Just hatched the most broken Luvdisc

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Maybe it's a leaked gen 9 alternate form. Dragon/Flying with Signal Beam sounds great! https://imgur.com/3vnue0f

    submitted by /u/dogbee22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment