• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 19, 2020

    Pokémon GO - [screenshot] My Unown has guarded a gym for a full year!

    Pokémon GO - [screenshot] My Unown has guarded a gym for a full year!


    [screenshot] My Unown has guarded a gym for a full year!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    A year ago I found a remote gym while on a hike in the mountains. It had never been claimed. So I decided to place my unown there.

    https://i.imgur.com/mmLRHTa.jpg

    submitted by /u/carefree_dude
    [link] [comments]

    To me worst part of losing the game due to lag isnt the actual losing.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    It's my avatar going "nice try!" after it.

    Dont patronize me, tiny virtual man with a fish for a hat.

    submitted by /u/Eu_Avisei
    [link] [comments]

    No attacks until Pokémon is visible

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    I'm getting very sick of starting with advantage and then my opponent switches Pokémon only to see half mines health disappear before I even know what Pokémon it is to react. Switching shouldn't hold such a strong initial advantage that it completely negates me winning the opening Rock Paper Scissors.

    For an example. I start with alohan sandslash and they start with Swablu's evolution. They switch to blazekin and my sandslash is dead before I even saw it was a blazekin. Now not only am I down one but I've lost my direct counter for one of theirs when I should have started with advantage.

    No attacks should go through until both Pokémon are visible

    submitted by /u/kone19red
    [link] [comments]

    BREAKING NEWS: Coronavirus hits Team Go Rocket

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/7L2YABc

    Ran across this after battling the female grunt. Corona takes another victim. No one is safe.

    submitted by /u/teartionga
    [link] [comments]

    Caught my first zero IV pokemon today! Yay?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/46lrz5U

    Pokemon Go is one of the few bits of my day that is still normal in the middle of everything going on. Was pleasantly?? surprised to find this today.

    submitted by /u/schwiftypants39
    [link] [comments]

    Does everyone remember when they silently flooded the game with ??? named Meltans with ???cp after a Community day for his reveal? That was a quite a time to be alive

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    Now would be an excellent time to allow trainers to establish a home location

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Since we're encouraged to stay home, this is the ideal time to make our homes more rewarding by allowing us to establish our homes as a significant location in PokemonGO.

    It could work similar to how your home works in the mainline games, such as healing Pokemon to full, but with the equivalent benefits that befit the current play model, like generate stardust for distance walked and reward candies or random items for gym/raid battles completed.

    Functionally, it could work like a pokestop with the caveat that it can only be spun twice a day. Once in the morning to get some pokeballs and berries to start your daily adventure and once in the evening to get some potions, gifts, whatever other random items. Staying within range of your home location would slowly heal all you Pokemon to full.

    What are your thoughts on a home location in PokemonGO? Do you like the idea? How might you implement it? Or do you think it's unnecessary?

    submitted by /u/lmpossibear
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off Adventure Sync to remove lag in GBL

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Recently lag in the GBL has been pretty much a pain the back for all of us. We couldn't use charged attacks, or even our screen froze!

    Yesterday I saw a lonely comment, underrated with not a lot of upvotes, it said that if you turn Adventure Sync off it would remove lag from your GBL matches.

    I tried it and it seems perfectly, you should try it out too!

    submitted by /u/Gorbar
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Looking a Gift Rapidash in the Mouth - A Defense Case for Niantic

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    I won't deny that I've sat here many times and complained about the way Niantic handled things. However, this is different. The efforts Niantic has made in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic are, frankly, awesome, and the most impressive part is that nobody actually told them they had to do anything.

    Since the situation escalated on a global level, Niantic has made an abundance of moves in the collective player base's best interest, they have chosen to act responsibly and take care of their players. They turned incense up to 12, lasting an hour and spawning a Pokemon a minute, they took away distance and payment requirements for the battle league, they added current legendaries to the pool of rewards for said league, they have modified planned research to be playable from lockdown, they have extended short events, and opted to bring as many gameplay experiences as possible to the comfort of your own home. Subsequently they've recieved nothing but flack and a demand for more.

    Niantic didn't have to do a single thing here outside of canceling the planned Safari Zones in St. Louis, Liverpool, and Philadelphia. They could have just refunded tickets and went on about their lives, but they didn't. They made an immense effort to have a positive impact on the ongoing situation, first and foremost by taking you off the streets, and nobody is even talking about this part.

    Believe it or not Niantic is responsible for giving millions of people - Trainers, Agents, and Wizards alike - a reason to be outside on a daily basis, and when being outside in masses suddenly became a risk to not only the well being of these people, but everyone they would encounter as well, Niantic took responsibility to reduce their impact drastically and needs to be commended for doing so. Like many of you, a large portion of my time out of the house is spent catching Pokemon, hacking portals, and casting spells and if I didn't have the reason to do that a lot more of my time would be spent with my behind planted firmly in a chair inside my house. Niantic could have simply taken away all of the great reasons to go outside, imagine your day if they just turned off spawns, temporarily removed stops and gyms, and gave you a grand total of zero things to do. That would be miserable both for us the players whose fun pastime has been taken away, and for the company whose revenue has been removed. But it's a global pandemic, drastic measures needed to be taken.

    I work in a chain restaurant, a national brand and I have served them for almost exactly as long as I have played Niantic's games and do you want to guess the amount of effort the company I work for has taken to protect its employees and franchisees amidst this? You don't. Not a moment. Any safety net I have in the wake of this is from my store's management team or the provincial and national government. The company has not given a millimetre of remorse, while Niantic has taken steps not only to protect me from exposure to Covid, but also to reduce Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) if I didn't stay indoors. If I stay inside I won't get a shiny Abra like everyone else - postponed, I'll miss an opportunity to catch a Thundrus or Darkrai or Cobalion in raids - except I've gotten all of them from Go Battle League. No FOMO. Something that a few weeks ago this company was pushing hard with new and rare things like Darumaka, Audino, shiny Riolu et cetera in limited time events. Gone.

    Sure, Pokeballs can be hard to come by, battles may be buggy, and encountering legendaries isn't a sure thing, but I'm confident that Niantic is continuing to work on a solution that benefits the player base just as much as the other actions they've taken, and will, during this concerning time, continue to listen to feedback. Notice how catch rates for hard to catch rewards in battle league have already been made easier in an effort to reduce the amount of balls lost? Feedback recieved and dealt with.

    This company isn't perfect, but right now they are doing more than anyone could or should have anticipated, so I applaud you Niantic. Thank you for the steps you've taken. Your efforts are tremendous and appreciated. Awesome job, it's not gone unnoticed.

    submitted by /u/Totaler166
    [link] [comments]

    Guess you could say I'm fairly lucky...

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/bX0VzK2

    The first time I won 4/5 battles in great league this season I got a Cobalion. The second time I got this ! Only my second perfect IV pokemon as well...

    submitted by /u/Potatofarmer3
    [link] [comments]

    Distance trading should be temporarily allowed

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    It seems a good way to help keep those of us who are trying to socially distance ourselves active in the game.

    submitted by /u/Seveniee
    [link] [comments]

    The battling is just annoying now

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    Great league makes me want to kill myself. It's the same Pokemon over and over and over again. Honest to god just let us choose the league to battle in.

    submitted by /u/MegaLadonger
    [link] [comments]

    Gym stuck "under attack" for like 20 minutes with nobody around.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    So I'm at a nearby gym, and nobody is here. I keep trying to put my mon in there since there is room and it's my team, but it keeps saying "this gym is under attack". At first I was thinking it was just spoofers, but there has been no change in around 20 minutes. The three pokemon in the gym are all at minimum motivation so even a single attack would take them out. And since attacks are time limited, it can't be an ongoing attack.

    Anyone seen anything like this before?

    submitted by /u/anormalgeek
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else who is Quarantined excited for the Genesect event tomorrow?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    I'm looking forward to a change in just popping incense and mass catching Pokes in between GBL lol. I'm personally stockpiling on balls today since they said they made the event Soloable without a group. Genesect is my favorite Bug type poke.

    submitted by /u/InfktiousVenom
    [link] [comments]

    The corona epidemic shows that we should be able to trade regardless of distance.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Or just make it a unique case where it's only possible during this issue in order to promote people to not gather.

    submitted by /u/SlinGnBulletS
    [link] [comments]

    The lag fucking sucks

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    We were both on our last Pokemon with no shields left, I had skarmory they had meganium. I am super effective against grass and would've won. But then it just doesn't let me attack but let's him attack. What the fuck. Then he gets to use his charged moves all without me attacking I lost when I should've won this is such bullshit.

    submitted by /u/WhiteVanilla69
    [link] [comments]

    Increase range of PokéStops and Gyms!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Come on! This is a no-brainer. During lockdown just increase the range of Pokéstops and Gyms so we can play without moving outside.

    Maybe not everyone could reach a stop or gym like that, but for sure a lot more people would be able to.

    submitted by /u/moitacarrasco
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t believe you don’t get candies for battling your Pokémon

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    In every other Pokémon game you get experience and level up Pokémon by giving them fighting experience. The fact that most Pokémon are hard to come by in this game, why can't they add this dynamic? Instead of walking km bars, make it battle experience

    submitted by /u/thetransportedman
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got 3 4 stars trading with husband. He finally got his first. He does not know to be happy or mad.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    I've got 3 4 stars trading with husband. He finally got his first. He does not know to be happy or mad.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/rFY9Mqb

    submitted by /u/ShenanigansButt
    [link] [comments]

    Catch 2 Lileep or Anorith

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I will die of old age before I complete this task. Been stuck on it for months, found 1 wild Anorith a few days ago. I have hatched 17 thousand of them, but nooooo, that doesnt count!

    submitted by /u/ivanispaco
    [link] [comments]

    Glad to see this Rocket grunt practicing social distancing

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/C90bKWJ.jpg

    Nothing but respect to this rocket grunt. Thanks for helping keep me and my family illness-free!

    submitted by /u/gigazelle
    [link] [comments]

    Be safe, everyone...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/9oLMa2K.jpg

    "Sorry, Min, i can't go out, Master is still sleeping... he has been for 4 days already..."

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    That Is False

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    This Was Insulting To See After Wanting To Have the Legends Back in the box.

    https://imgur.com/kO6LY1c

    submitted by /u/QuazaTD
    [link] [comments]

    Rufflet as a reward from GBL

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I didn't even know it is possible to get it.

    https://i.imgur.com/t2dEhDp.jpg

    submitted by /u/emosGambler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment