• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 8, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - March 2020

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My friend had a wild Tyranitar flee from him, so I made him a papercraft Tyranitar that will stay forever.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/SG9f4TB

    He was pretty bummed as we all know how rare it is to find a TTar in the wild, so I just couldn't let him walk away empty-handed. I know the paper TTar looks a bit more funky than fierce. I tried my best!

    submitted by /u/Lilienne
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Spotlight Hour for Past Comm Day Pokemons

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    As a person who recently returned to the game, I was not able to participate on some important community days (such as beldum, dratini, larvitar etc.), even though Niantic did make an event on the last month of the year to get the community day moves for the related pokemons, many people like me couldnt invest due to low amount of candies for the related pokemons.

    As Niantic making weekly events to increase some pokemons in wild, I thought maybe to gather some candy which we can use at the end of the year to get comm day moves, they could return some pokemons with limited time for players.

    submitted by /u/puppet_rivers
    [link] [comments]

    My boyfriend introduced Pokemon Go to me three days ago.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:24 PM PST

    Today I caught my first shiny! I have (maybe) fifty Pokemon total. I have this beautiful baby now.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/NxOOsZv

    I will love him forever.

    submitted by /u/brinnyleigh13
    [link] [comments]

    Genuine thanks, Niantic (this has been done to death, but still)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    I don't live in an area with an active raid team and can't travel for every raid day or legendary release because of family commitments. I never got a Darkrai when it first came out and thought I likely never would if they are intent on removing certain tiers of Pokémon from research boxes.

    Finally caught my first from GBL this weekend, followed by this absolute beauty as my second! Amongst all of the absolute catastrophic f'ups they've made recently, this one genuinely made me jump for joy.

    submitted by /u/LockShockndBarrel
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Shinx hatched from 10K egg

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    I thought my shiny luck was all used up for this month after hatching 2 shinys in the space of a week. But nope, just hatched this adorable girl.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/s74cVyV

    submitted by /u/deathbyjellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a new feature?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/V5YwBxU

    I'm a bit absent-minded but I just realized of this symbol in gyms.

    Is something new or I didn't pay attention before?

    submitted by /u/Airun7
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the fast TMs?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:56 AM PST

    I got more charge TMs than i know what to do with but what i really need is fast TMs. Is there any sure fire way to obtain them or is it all by chance? If so is there any activites that have a higher drop rate than others?

    submitted by /u/Rotting_potato
    [link] [comments]

    GBL Sequence

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Playing on WiFi for context. But I'm running into this problem one or twice per 5 matches. If it's not weak connection spam its this.

    The scenario: Opponent uses charge move, I press shield. Pokeball icon appears temporarily. Charge move completes, hits my pokemon without shield active and no damage taken.

    Immediately after the same charge move from opponent starts. Game gives me opportunity to shield indicating I have 2 to use. I press it again. Move completes, pokemon takes damage. 2 shields remaining.

    Even in favored match ups I'm getting destroyed by this. Doubt I'll see a reward raid boss at this rate. Surely it can't be my WiFi? I never have latency issues if I'm doing anything else.

    submitted by /u/Butttton
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys feel about the new CD picks?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:58 PM PST

    If you have not heard of the news, here it is: Dataminers revealed that future community day choices were in the data: For April/May, it will be Squirtle/Sandshrew/Ghastly/Weedle; for June/July, it will be Charmander/ Caterpie/ Muk/ Porygon; for September/ October, it will be Venusaur/ Exeggcute/ Magikarp/ Starly.

    Personally, I think the April/May one is the most underwhelming, so I will probably choose the Squirtle. June/July is a hard decision, but I will choose Porygon. Sep/Oct will probably be Starly.

    What do you guys think? PLease answer below in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Mal_Meeh_Nosreme
    [link] [comments]

    Giovanni: Do I have what it takes

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:25 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/a/lQr1J0V

    I know i dont have the perfect Pokemon according to all the guides I have read but i thought it was still worth asking, do these Pokemon have what it takes?

    I admit ive only just unlocked him and he is supposed to be hard. It just feels like I've hit a brick wall with him. I am level 32 and tried to optimise iv and move set to the best of my ability.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Juddocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    Old Trafford Gym is ready for the Manchester Derby tomorrow!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 01:48 PM PST

    My boyfriend & I went to tour the stadium today and were catching Pokémon & spinning the gyms as we went around. We're both Man U fans and managed to take the gym for the red team/team valor— and we doubled down by putting in red Pokémon.

    Then a teenager on our tour who had heard us talking about it, and is a Man City fan trolled us by putting in the light blue Machamp to represent his team.

    Manchester Derby Gym

    submitted by /u/emilybuckshot
    [link] [comments]

    I Feel Cheated By The Whole Shadow Pokemon Thing

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 09:31 PM PST

    Firstly, the amount of shadow mons that have been traded away, secondly the amount that have been purified. Surely Niantic have know about this change for a while so why not warn us in advance or give us a way to make Purified mons Shadow again (I have so many Purified ones with exclusive moves already), and lastly, why make the Shadow move Tm only for 3 hours on one day.

    Then the biggest one perhaps is the following, the spirit of the Pokemon franchise and the other main stream games is that people catch a Pokemon and trade it through the games to always have it, people catch something and can always use it. This move makes it feel like that "Meta" will not stay in this game anymore. Because if they are making old mons obsolete when compared to Shadow ones then surely they are going to make these Shadow mons obsolete at some point as well.

    All in all I feel cheated and I am sure I am not alone.

    submitted by /u/Troeteldier
    [link] [comments]

    Two red warnings back to back

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    I play on a Pixel 3 XL that is NOT rooted. 8 Days ago I received a first strike red warning. I deleted a bunch of apps keeping only ones I know are OK (Netflix, Facebook, Chase, etc.). Yesterday my red warning ended. I caught some Skorupi and called it a night. Just now, I opened up my app and received a SECOND first strike red warning. I dont know what is happening. I have submitted a ticket to appeal the ban to Niantic. Does anyone have any advice? I'm at a loss.

    submitted by /u/CullenBlvd
    [link] [comments]

    Extend the period to TM Frustration

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 05:12 PM PST

    I was thinking that the next time there is a Rocket Take Over, the period to TM away Frustation should be extended past the Take Over itself. On community days, there is a period of time where you can evolve and still get the move, so why not have the same thing for Rocket Take Overs?

    submitted by /u/Daedalus871
    [link] [comments]

    Second charge move to Mewtwo or Metagross?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:32 AM PST

    They're both in my master league team. Now I've got enough rare candies to give one of them second charge move. Which would be more useful?

    Mewtwo Confusion/Psystrike Metagross Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash

    submitted by /u/kisppy-
    [link] [comments]

    Puzzled by friends buddy choices.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    New player here - started just before the new year and an now at level 30, so I have much to learn. I'm trying to understand some of the buddy choices I see in my friend's list. Some, such as Darkrai or Mewtwo seem obvious. Captured in a recent raid, they need candy to power up. Others such as Larvitar would be to get candy to evolve. Some others I've seen don't seem to make sense for either reason and yet I've seen them more than once. One is Scraggy. Cute, but but the evolved form, Scrafty, tops out at CP2283. Another is Woobat. The evolved form, Swoobat, tops out at CP1716.

    FWIW, here are some of my buddy choices

    • Axew - candy to evolve
    • Anorith - candy to evolve.
    • Raticate (Shiny and with a party hat) just because he's cute. :)
    • Dratini (I'e only ever seen one and caught this one in the wild.) candy to evolve.
    • Machop - candy to evolve
    • Chansey - candy to evolve
    • Eevee - (2) distance to evolve to Umbreon and Espeon for special research assignments.
    • Roggenrola - candy to evolve (until I caught Boldore)
    • Beldun - candy to evolve
    • Sunkern - candy to evolve - IIRC a special research assignment.
    • Oddish - candy to evolve - IIRC a special research assignment.
    • Aron - candy to evolve (and he's cute. :) )
    • Lapras -candy to power up
    • Feebas - candy + 20km to evolve. About the time I git enough candy, I caught another with slightly better IVs (both 3*) and walked that one for 20km too. ;)
    • Larvitar - candy to evolve.

    Bagon is my current buddy and I'll probably go back to Larvitar next.

    Looking at my list, I'm wondering if there are special research assignments to evolve a Scraggy or Woobat.

    Thanks!

    Edit: Wife and I run and we run slow enough to count as "walking" for Adventure Sync. With runs and walking to capture Pokémon, I'll hit about 90Km this week.

    submitted by /u/HCharlesB
    [link] [comments]

    With these April/May, June/July, etc... CD's are we not doing one a month anymore?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Title, am very confused as I returned to the game recently. I thought it was supposed to be one a month like it has always been?

    submitted by /u/CharlieAb00
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon home

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:28 PM PST

    I was just wondering if there's any news on Pokémon go and home working together? Or is it just unspecified? Need to get my shiny Nilotic into shield haha

    submitted by /u/GordonGJones
    [link] [comments]

    Giratina GBL

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    For GBL it says that only rank 4 and above can get legendary and mythical can get them however that will be the start of a new season will it be available for players under rank 4g

    submitted by /u/mdriss8
    [link] [comments]

    How many eggs can u get from Adventure Sync Reward?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    I just knew that the Adv. Sync eggs has better pool, I've done my best walking 100km this week for the first time. How many eggs u can get from the reward? So I can empty the slots before monday, Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tazakkacaya
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else getting weird situations while battling?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Recently when I was in the GBL,I swear I saw someone shield three times while I only had one shield,or at least only one worked. Recently I could only take damage vs a grunt with no option to attack. Anyone got an idea what happens?

    https://imgur.com/8xP3CqJ

    submitted by /u/TheRikari
    [link] [comments]

    Darkrai Go battle league

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I am a level 29 that recently got a darkrai from GBL it was an 82 percent I was wondering taking into account darkrai dps will and 82 differ from a 96 or a hundo to a huge extent

    submitted by /u/mdriss8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment