• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Pokémon GO - Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints


    Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

    Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

    No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

    • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

    • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

    • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

      (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

    Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My 10CP Pidgey Has Won 715 Battles

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/ejmjMOF

    I always put him at the end of my party when I'm battling at a gym. As a result, he's now one of my most experienced battlers.

    submitted by /u/MagicCactus8732
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Having your buddy out should enlarge the range which you can discover Pokestops or detect Pokemon

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    This makes having your buddy out much more useful, and allows people who have to stay at a certain spot for some time to also have some fun! Win-win!

    I posted this suggestion in another pokemon-related subreddit and the idea seemed quite popular. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/mburg777
    [link] [comments]

    My last 18 hours have been pretty wild!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/uXrcBfv https://imgur.com/jwHBHVG https://imgur.com/2K5IUM1

    I don't have many friends to share with who play the game and my excitement cannot be contained. I always enjoy when others share their experiences so I hope this doesn't come across poorly. But here it goes!

    First, last night I hatched a party hat Bulbasaur. I made a snide comment about how it's a shame that I can't evolve it or the 100% party hat Squirtle I hatched a few days before.

    Within 5 minutes, I encountered the shiny Grimer. I evolved it. This took away all my negative Bulbasaur vibes.

    Then, a few hours ago I went 5-0 in Battle League (great league, no battle pass) and got the shiny Darkrai.

    Good luck to everyone and their shiny hunts!

    submitted by /u/toechill
    [link] [comments]

    [QoL Suggestion] Don't overwhelm players with event upates on startup.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Something noticed when asking my roommate to do a trade. I play every day whereas they're more occasional/free time so I never noticed this being an issue.

    When you start the app and it's been say maybe a week since you last played it will show up all the news/events in a glitchy pop-close-pop-close sort of manner.

    First, this is just bad design as it's a literal hurdle to someone playing your game, esp in the case of the rocket takeover news which is finished. Secondly, it's overwhelming to a player who maybe lapsed, or even just took a vacation or break to have to deal with this.

    If the number of events like this is going to continue there needs to be a serious change to minimize this - showing either the latest event only, or just a notice 'Hey, check the News tab for more info on what's going on'. (An ideal solution would be a calendar in game showing what's going on, but let's not dream big and just solve the QoL issue)

    tl;dr - just because a user doesn't play your game every day doesn't mean your game/ui design shouldn't take them into account.

    submitted by /u/poptoppaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Beat Team Rocket

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    That feeling when you finally beat Giovanni, guess it's time for another lap

    https://i.imgur.com/kEtDuhk.jpg

    submitted by /u/mets15ny
    [link] [comments]

    A shining example of Garbage

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/hFlkxJ8

    He is precious, he is delicate, he will be cherished, he will be protected.

    submitted by /u/RadioactiveMicrobe
    [link] [comments]

    Nominating pokestops in forests or very remote areas?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    So I live in the middle of the forest and there are no active Pogo users around here since there really are not a lot of people, closest Pokestops is 30 min away with car, only pokemons I have ever found around here are on hiking trails sometimes. But I have found a lot of historical and artistic works alongside roads, on hikes and even in the forest that would make perfect Pokestops! Would these locations be accepted if I nominated Pokestops there even tho there are none or very few active pg users around them?

    submitted by /u/LeafyBurmy
    [link] [comments]

    Any Sites That Give You Personalised Raid Strategies?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I mean, tell you which Pokemon you should use for a specific raid based on only the Pokemon you have.

    submitted by /u/mujie123
    [link] [comments]

    My luck finally turns around!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    https://m.imgur.com/a/sQCnSRE

    Got both of these guys in 2 days while on vacation! Super happy even though their IV's aren't that great.

    submitted by /u/EarthEcsplorer
    [link] [comments]

    My Muk got powered up twice and over cp limit from a bug?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    So I was powering up my Alolan Muk one final time before it reaches the 2500cp limit. tapped the power up, hit yes, game froze. This being pokemon go, I thought it was just lagging and I left it on the table and a minute later it powered up twice! Now I sit here with a Muk just over 2500 cp with a ton of candies and stardust invested into it... Does anyone have any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/kumeister
    [link] [comments]

    I dont know how common this is right now, I came online after 2 week or so and the first thing I get is a 7km egg hatch , holy smokes! I'm so happy.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/7vGEDp5.jpg

    Just a week ago I read someone mentioning that it's almost impossible to get an Aerodactyl in wild and you gotta go in raids which was also not possible for me, I thought I would never be able to get one.

    submitted by /u/wamenrespector06
    [link] [comments]

    Events make catching regional pokemon incredibly frustrating

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    So I'm holidaying in South East Asia for a month. While here I was hoping to get Corsola and while in Malaysia, Torkoal. Unfortunately I have only seen a small handful of Corsola despite playing every day (which I honestly don't want to do) and Torkoal was only on my rader for a day or two before Niantic decided to flood the map with hatted Pikachu and Eevee.

    I don't care about more Koffing. I'd like an easier time trying to get the regional pokemon while I am here. I even hatched about 50 pokemon from saved up incubators, but no interesting regionals. As soon as I go back home though, every 5k egg is going to be chatot and all eggs picked up from stops will be 5k.

    submitted by /u/KakistocracyAndVodka
    [link] [comments]

    My secret weapon

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/66iOoQC

    Found this little guy today and checked his stats thought it would make the perfect last raid attacker if I'm ever in a tight situation

    submitted by /u/RuthlessR3cords
    [link] [comments]

    Sweet satisfaction after MONTHS of anticipation!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Riolu has been the 1 pokemon I've wanted to hatch the most for so long now. But it was egg after egg with just no luck. Until today when I went out for a hike with a friend. When I was least expecting it, this little guy hatched!! His stats are pretty good, too!

    submitted by /u/blackwellsucks
    [link] [comments]

    Kyogre in PvP

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    So I have a perfect IV kyogre in the ultra league that currently has waterfall and hydro pump. It seems to do really well in battles, but my team has a big dragon weakness. Would it be worth changing either of my kyogres moves to help counter dragons like Garitina? (Assuming it could get ice beam?)

    submitted by /u/KamehaCat
    [link] [comments]

    Countries blocked from events due to Corona Virus

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    I live in Japan and the last two events, Gengar raid and Darkrai raid, were cancelled because of the infection. I messaged Niantic to explain that Japan had less cases than both Germany and France, and as of today, less than Spain and USA. The raids went ahead as planned in these countries but not here. Support fobbed me off with a 'trying to keep our players safe' message, but surely that would mean stopping the events everywhere.

    I did an EX raid yesterday and there were about 40 people next to one gym. In the event raids there would be a lot less at each gym because there would simply be more raids. As far as I know, all the other things are the same as usual so I expect even more people than usual during raid hour doing Thunderus raids to use the extra passes they have.

    I now feel I have missed out on any chance to get these Pokemon.

    submitted by /u/umbongo44dd
    [link] [comments]

    What is going on with spawn?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Nothing is spawning for me. I got my morning bonus for 50 KMs and had one mon spawn and now nothing is spawning.

    I'm in NYC. This is not typical. There are always a few spawns around everywhere here.

    Should I open a ticket with Niantic?

    submitted by /u/Best-Republic
    [link] [comments]

    Does adventure sync work if you turn your phone off?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    I always turn my phone off when not using it or playing pogo, and every time I turn it back on and open pogo after walking a lot during school or anything else, I never get adventure sync distance. Do I need to keep the phone still turned on or is it a bug?

    submitted by /u/ObviouslyLulu
    [link] [comments]

    I've never posted here before, but I hatched this and wanted to share

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/5lVjxHR

    I didn't even know it was possible to get a shiny with a birthday hat but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm also really happy it was one of the original starters.

    submitted by /u/flame7245
    [link] [comments]

    You know how you try to call your shinies, and it never works out?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Scene: Girlfriend gets home late from her shift, and she lays down to do some battles (she's not only very good at PVP but also very consistent about getting her battles in every day). I lay down, and a 10K starts hatching. I tell her I'm gonna put it face down while she battles, but not before telling her "Hey babe, guess what? I'm gonna hatch a shiny riolu".

    She battles, and when it's clear she's gonna win, I take a quick peek at my screen by lifting up a corner, expecting a feebas I won't really care about anyway. But then, I see this:

    https://imgur.com/a/IFM67uY

    I proceed to gasp super loudly, and then check the IVs. Jackpot. I can't stop saying "ohhhh my god" in a high pitch voice, and I genuinely became so much harder to fall asleep after this because I was SO hyped.

    Still am ;)

    submitted by /u/eieiomofo
    [link] [comments]

    A Voice to be Heard

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Since Shiny has been a thing in Pokemon GO, there are always noises suggesting Niantic to disclose the offering rate of eggs and shiny rate of Pokemon. It then come to more a serious talk when Niantic implemented all the egg events in February that frustrated some players and forced them to quit the game. While many of us want to enjoy the game and want it to become better, it is hard for individual player (or even YouTuber) to represent the player base or to ask for any change.

    Therefore, I thought of putting a petition on change.org, which is obviously not legally binding, but it could be a way to show the will of the majority of the players. That being said, if you are one of the players that love the game and agree with the above idea, please feel free to spend a minute to enter the below link and join the petition:

    http://chng.it/fx6bPy9KJR

    P.S. I am just throwing this idea out for further discussion, it is not my intention to force people supporting my own idea

    Also, sorry for bad English.

    submitted by /u/illidan0724
    [link] [comments]

    What it feels like to raid when you don't live in a big city

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Where I live, there aren't many players nor gymns, so I hardly ever do raids. Today, I went to a nearby city to look out for them (no car, so I took a 30 min bus) , so I found a Darkrai raid with some people. After a hard time fighting it, spending all my revives and potions, we manage to defeat it. Next, trying to catch it. I got 10 balls, and each of them were great curve balls plus golden berries. Darkrai got out at every first "swing" off the ball. So, in the end, I spent like one hour and twenty minutes, all my revives, all my potions and all my golden berries for nothing. Niantic, if you are going to do something that require too much of players that don't live in big cities, don't make it hard to defeat AND hard to catch. I would be perfectly fine if I could defeat it with no more than 4 friends or if it was still way hard, but not so complicated to catch.

    submitted by /u/Relwarcs
    [link] [comments]

    Stop making fun of people for playing Pokemon Go especially if you use Snapchat to turn yourself into a DOG :)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    A way to fix the GBL

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, by now we all know the issues with the GBL. Those can be summarized with players actively tanking their rating, lag issues, and general frustration for the rewards.

    I played a lot of Pokemon Emerald, and I found the "battle frontier" reward system to be particularly fun to partake in. So I propose a system that would fix (or at least patch up) these issues, based on the battle frontier system.

    When a player walks enough, they unlock a set of five battles, where they can choose to either play for free or spend a premium pass (exactly the same as now).

    Whenever a player wins a battle, they earn "battle points", a form of currency, whose amount is determined by the players rating and whether they were using a premium battle pass in that set. A player can already know how many battle points they will earn from each win.

    Battle points can then be redeemed at a shop, where every reward costs a different amount of points.

    The rewards would be picked by the player from a list roughly resembling the following, ordered from cheapest to most expensive.

    1) dust

    2) rare candy

    3) TMs

    4) evolutionary stones

    5) random encounter with a basic-tier Pokemon whose only worth lies in its rarity (scraggy, golett)

    6) random encounter with a medium-tier Pokemon that has competitive worth (deino, litwick, timburr)

    7) random encounter with a legendary Pokemon from the monthly raid pool (thundurus, darkrai, giratina).

    Pros: fixes the "tanking" issues because it makes tanking useless, since the total number of wins stays the same, but without tanking you can stay at a higher rank earning more currency and therefore faster rewards.

    It engages players more since everyone wants something from the list. Enabling each player to compete for the rewards they want makes it better to compete in.

    Cons: it doesn't fix lag issues. However it patches them up, because losing a game due to lag is A LOT less frustrating. It means that the legendary encounter you wanted is now only a single win further away, instead of four more.

    Constructive criticism is appreciated. I serioisly hope that niantic implements a system like this in the future. I, as a mostly solo player, would gladly spend premium passes if I could pick the rewards I want.

    submitted by /u/Jevonar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment