• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 5, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2020

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Increase the catch rate for unskippable Pokemon encounters

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    I just had an encounter with a Landorus that jumped out of five excellent curveball throws, including a stretch of three out of four throws. And I knew it had garbage stats and I was going to turn it into candy. If I can't skip these encounters, then at least increase the catch rate. Getting an encounter reward for going 4-1 in PvP shouldn't result in someone yelling at their phone, "I don't want you. Go away!"

    submitted by /u/CSStrowbridge
    [link] [comments]

    7km eggs!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Anyone getting reallllyyyy bored with the fossil Pokémon in 7km eggs now. It's just constant Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep and Omanyte. When will it end 😭

    submitted by /u/Steph_H1989
    [link] [comments]

    There should be a feature to fast forward raid lobby countdowns!

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Now I'm not the impatient type, but I try to play Pokémon GO in all weather conditions - including winter, all while getting around on foot/bike. Doing raids and waiting the full 120 seconds for it to begin, however, can get annoying, especially if you are sure you can solo it or complete it with your partner(s), instead of standing and waiting. I just think it would be very convenient if they added this, to let people hurry the 2 minute prep timer, and get to the raid right away.

    submitted by /u/ChrisUczc
    [link] [comments]

    My new favourite shiny

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    I know people get annoyed with the GBL but I just got an encounter with this bad boy through it!

    https://imgur.com/a/vjW4BP3

    I know people get annoyed with the GBL but I just got an encounter with this bad boy through it! Posted this again to get to post length limit

    submitted by /u/Watcher0nTheWall1
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently I have a Cranidos in a gym for over 50 years

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    It's there for about two weeks (no one battles in gyms due to the coronavirus situation), but the game has it's own count https://imgur.com/a/rXuDSWU

    submitted by /u/Matanavishai
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Login Reward

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    I think that it would be a great idea especially now to add a daily login bonus reward. Something like 5 or 10 pokeballs or 250 stardust etc. Nothing major, just something to keep players going especially in times like these where people like myself cannot easily get essential items. I think that it could be done just like the daily pokestop of catch streak, where if you miss a day you dont receive a "bigger" bonus at the end. Just a thought.

    submitted by /u/SlySweetBunny
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone in Battle League using the same 3 Pokemon is so lame.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Seriously I've encountered 4/5 last teams I ayed that had Garitina and Swampert on their teams. Are these the new overpowered characters so everyone is going to abuse using them until they nerf them?

    submitted by /u/shmeeshmaa
    [link] [comments]

    The "First Throw" bonus should be changed to "Never Missed" so if a Pokemon breaks out you can still get the bonus XP

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Seriously, this has always irked me ever since the game released. If the Pokemon breaks out, you technically didn't catch it on the first throw and therefore don't get the XP. Why?

    submitted by /u/Scouter953
    [link] [comments]

    F*** Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    This has probably been bitched about already, but the Community Day moves are outrageous. The power output is fine, they're exclusives, whatever. What bothers me is the ridiculous instant charge times. There's no way a Swampert that just entered the match can do a Hydro Cannon immediately after Earthquake. We either have cheaters or poor programming. It's probably a bit of both.

    Currently at Battle League Level 8 (40 Overall). I'm happy if I get 3 wins for Rare Candy, but if 2 other wins are consistently taken away due to compete BS, I need to vent.

    Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and hope everyone is healthy.

    submitted by /u/MoffParkin
    [link] [comments]

    Stardust bonus for great, excellent throws, etc

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    I think it'd be neat if you got bonus stardust for nice, great, and excellent throws. Basically anything that grants you bonus experience would also grant bonus stardust of the same amount. A curved, great throw would net you 60 additional stardust as well as the experience bonus. Not a game changing amount but just a little extra to make that excellent throw feel....excellent.

    submitted by /u/jladfelter
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone made it to rank 8 or above *without* legacy movesets?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    I'm lvl 39 with tons of decent pokemon at the ultra league cap

    But I only have two pokemon with legacy moves [a couple of mewtwo with psystrike].

    I can regularly make it to 1800. Then I hit an impenetrable wall of losses where almost all opponents are using legacy/community day moves.

    Blaze burn, psystrike, hydro cannon, frenzy plant. Even when not very effective... they do so much damage you're in trouble when you get hit.

    I can deal with aggravation of playing a bajillion giratina matches... but facing several sets of matches against opponents with community day movesets feels like an uphill battle that I'll never win

    Have any of you grinded up to rank 8 without having legacy/community day movesets at your disposal? And if so... how did you do it?

    submitted by /u/enigma9133
    [link] [comments]

    Linnea got photobombed! Didn’t catch him though :/

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    About Mew Quest

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    I started playing Pokemon go couple of months ago. I really enjoy it. I have caught 6 dittos recently. But I'm on 3rd on my mew quest. Do I need to catch ditto again when I'll get to 5th mew quest or will it be automatically completed as I've already caught ditto?

    submitted by /u/kunalpaul__25
    [link] [comments]

    My Filipino Blissey

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    So I have a Filipino friend who I gift with, and I hatched an amazing 4* Happiny from one of his eggs! Another Filipino friend picked out a name in Tagalog for me:

    Tabachoy

    It means "Fatty" :)

    https://m.imgur.com/a/zw2nJgp

    submitted by /u/StockingsBooby
    [link] [comments]

    Charge Move Priority isn't even necessary...

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    As I'm GBLing, I have had countless matchups that I either won or lost based on who got charge move priority. It is nice to be on the right side of it, but it really takes away from the best-player-wins, right?

    So I was thinking, why doesn't Niantic make charge moves attack simultaneously? If both players use a charge move on the same turn, make some sort of obvious alert to it, offer the shield (when you have one), and let both players launch the moves simultaneously. It's so simple it makes you wonder why we're taking turns in the first place.

    submitted by /u/EpicMemorableName
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Giovani !

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I hope you are all fine

    Do you have troubles finding Giovani ?

    I have been trying to find him for a few weeks now but I always end up fighting a teamrocket sbire...

    Like 15 in a row !

    Yesterday only I fought 4 sbires in 30 mins.

    In France we are confined at home and it's difficult to go outside so I'm a bit stuck with this quest..

    Thanks for your replies !

    submitted by /u/FrankenRCT
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra League Battle

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I've been trying to get good at battling in the Ultra League however I keep getting destroyed by Pokémon like Giratina, Empoleon, Swampert, etc, but I don't have any of them.

    My current team is Vaporeon, Alolan Golem and Houndoom, any suggestions? I don't have any good high level grass types currently but I'm working on it.

    submitted by /u/SqueakBeak2003
    [link] [comments]

    Bugg

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    Am i the only one getting a visual glitch with the update? Its actually getting on my nerves, the screen just freaks out.. Only happening with pogo, so...

    submitted by /u/hmne98
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Ultra League

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    So I have played the game since it came out. However it has been very sporadically on and off. I don't really have a team for the battle league. As of right now it is always a combination of roserade, espeon, and flareon or roserade, abomasnow, and flareon. However I've heard toxicroak is pretty good and I just got a shiny one yesterday that I'm tempted to try and use it's 544 CP so will it evolve to be high enough in CP to compete or is it a mon for the league below. Also team suggestions in the comments would be nice. I have enough candy for a meganium and maybe a second move however I don't have any legendaries bedsides groudon and I don't have a high cp snot lax or mons like Altaria or azumarill.

    submitted by /u/CloverDash9517
    [link] [comments]

    Is A 100% Slaking Good At Anything?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I captured a 100iv Slakoth a while ago and I've been powering him up (cause that's what it do with 100 IVs) but before evolving him to Slaking I wanna know, is it good at all? Is there any event exclusive move I should wait for before evolving it?

    submitted by /u/Adrian_31
    [link] [comments]

    A story about Shiny's

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Im level 27 and have never encountered, seen , hatched or smelled a shiny in this game. I have no story to tell. Press F for ya boy pls I've given up hope. I just got a 2 star non shiny A-Exeggutor from the research breakthrough too hah..... Haha..... Ha..

    submitted by /u/AspireToInspir3
    [link] [comments]

    Opt out of trying to catch Landorus as battle reward?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    I normally would try to catch it I already have before, and now I'm too low on ball and have no ultra balls. Is there a way or trick to avoid trying to catch it or do I have to try so I can keep battling?

    submitted by /u/alabasterasterbaler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment