• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hats are useful for something

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:55 AM PST

    Colour Swapped Legendaries

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:07 AM PST

    Entei (since you enjoyed my last one)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:29 AM PST

    The GBL gods have smiled upon me today.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:03 AM PST

    (OC) Mega sceptile.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 09:12 PM PST

    Colour Swapped Legendaries #2

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    First lvl 50 in the world. @ItsFleeceKing on twitter

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:22 AM PST

    Does anyone else agree that Incense Day was a disappointment?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:39 PM PST

    I used an incense throughout most of the event. The best Pokémon I got were a 87% Dratini and two 0 star shiny Mareep. I felt like I didn't see that many Pokémon at all to be honest. I think they hyped this event up too much for what it was. I understand it's not as big of a deal as community day but come on... just my opinion!

    submitted by /u/YeetMeepRee
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to capture the beauty of one of my oldest buddies

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:07 PM PST

    What a wild spawn ��

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:49 AM PST

    I was just feeding berries to Pokemon in the gym. I saw this after I opted out of the gym. I was expecting a bad stat but this is good

    Its fast attack is mud shot, charged attack is surf

    submitted by /u/pgomav
    [link] [comments]

    What does niantic want more from me? (issues requesting pokestops)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:10 AM PST

    Ok so I am from italy and I finally reached level 38 and was hoping to get some more pokestops in my zone, since many are all over the place and kinda hard to reach, specially with the pandemic when we cant move around much.
    I have my account linked with Facebook majourly, but my Gmail is there too, yet when I tried to apply for a pokestop it gave me the message that "I need a email connected,a google account connected or a facebook account updated with my email"

    Sad thing is, I already do!
    Is there, and been for some time.
    So....how this is going? what can I do to solve this? Should I bother niantic support for it?

    submitted by /u/ItalianBaguette73
    [link] [comments]

    Kanto event ticket

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:21 AM PST

    Is the Kanto event ticket worth it? And will I get a special research on the event if I buy it? Sorry for bad english.

    submitted by /u/Kaktusak811
    [link] [comments]

    When I saw the CP I just had to make this

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Pokemon GO and Personality - Study Results (finally!)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:31 PM PST

    Pokemon GO and Personality - Study Results (finally!)

    A few months ago, I posted a link to a study that my colleagues and I began working on (who knew the world would change so much?!) and we received a super response from everyone here. Many of you asked for us to share our results with you, and since the older post is archived, it might be good to start a new one to share those findings. These are about to be presented at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) Annual Convention 2021 (woohoo!) later next month by my colleague, Dr. Hansika Kapoor.

    I'm no Professor Oak, but there were some really insightful results we got from our preliminary analyses of the data. Here's a working paper (not yet peer-reviewed) that you can read, if you're more technically minded and able to absorb that information. There's also a neat little poster (below) that will be put up at SPSP along with a video presentation (now you know we're legit).

    Poster for SPSP Convention 2021

    To sum up some of the main findings though (and we'd love to hear from the community what might explain some of this, since we still haven't figured everything out).

    • By far, age and number of accounts (which should not be more than 1 as per the ToS) explain all types of gameplay behaviour (i.e. if you prefer playing on your own, with others, or play regularly and/or buy in-game items to get ahead in gameplay). We find that being female had lower associations with regular gameplay tasks (walking 5km, 25km or 50km, daily catch/spin streak), not clear exactly why.
    • In terms of personality traits: Agreeableness explained socially-dependent gameplay more (i.e. you're more likely to be higher on agreeable traits if you like to play with others); conscientiousness is higher if you're a dedicated and regular player, too.
    • Are you a dark type? Surprisingly, sub-clinical psychopathy is positively associated with all types of gameplay -- it's unclear why this might be the case, but our sense is that it has to do with a play-and-win-at-all-costs type of motivation that might be driving gameplay in PoGO. Happy to hear more from you guys!
    • Don't get angry, get fair: Those who have higher fairness preferences (i.e. have sharper distinctions on what's fair), are more likely to be purchasing in-game items and the like. We argue that this might be construed as a "fair" way to get ahead in the game, as opposed to other clearly illegal or unfair means that don't require purchasing in-game items regularly.

    I should say though, that we didn't find much of a difference across teams (so much for team-based psychological insights!) Thank you once again so much to everyone who's taken time out to participate in our study, especially to those of you that wrote to me with thoughts and comments. We're super grateful! Hope you all got the shinies you deserve :)

    submitted by /u/anirudhtagat
    [link] [comments]

    I love that he looks slimy and not shiny

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:50 PM PST

    When u go to the pool and get in the water and then u remember that you dont know how to swim:

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    shiny treecko

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:24 AM PST

    Is it worth getting Suicune?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:18 AM PST

    So with suicune coming in raids next month, I'm wondering should I do more than one suicune raid and is it of worth spending my hard earned pokécoins on? ( I do plan on doing 3 Entei and 3 Raikou raids but a little confused for Suicune)

    submitted by /u/pratikvastava09
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in quarantine doing as many team rocket balloons as possible and... my first ever shadow shiny!!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:23 PM PST

    Kanto Tour Event Questions - Regional Exclusives and Shadow Mewtwo

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:18 AM PST

    Hi all, I've had trouble getting answers to a couple of questions about the Kanto Tour event. I've had a Google and it doesn't seem to give me a straightforward answer.

    First question is are the regional exclusives (Kangaskhan, Tauros, Mr Mime and Farfetch'd) available everywhere? I've read that they are, but confirmation would be great.

    Second question is if they are available, are they available only to those who buy the event ticket, or will the ticket just give access to the questlines and the spawns of the regionals be available to everyone regardless? I'm only missing Tauros from my Kanto dex, and I don't really want to pay for the event ticket just for the chance of one appearing. I'm not bothered about shiny Mew so the event itself isn't that interesting to me.

    Final question is will this event make it possible to TM frustration off shadow Mewtwo? Been stuck with a frustrated Shadow Mewtwo for a long time now and it's, well, frustrating....Would love to get rid of that move.

    Thanks anyone who has answers.

    submitted by /u/khajiitsuu
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Go Iceberg by me! (Questions/Suggestions Encouraged!). Everything here has some truth behind it. Please ask questions!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:39 PM PST

    I got my first shiny legendary!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    I'm not quite sure how to upload a picture without my post being taken down but it was a shiny groudon! It's such a nice looking green

    submitted by /u/Lit-ketameme
    [link] [comments]

    The price of Pokeballs in the shop is a joke

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:21 PM PST

    I can't believe the prices for Pokeballs in the shop. Roughly 500 pokecoins for 100 Pokeballs? That's 6 remote raid passes which can give you Golden Berries, Hyper Potions, Stardust, TMs and Rare Candy. On top of that you can get 20 Pokeballs for 100 coins which you could be using for a raid pass instead. Not to mention I bet you 20 Pokeballs is the average that players go through even when there is no events. It's also rough for players to go out and collect pokecoins given the pandemic and the fact it's cold out that people just don't want to play in the cold right now. Niantic really needs to update the prices for the Pokeballs.

    submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment