• Breaking News

    Monday, February 22, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2021

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So now that we know shiny Mew will take at least 29 days to catch, can i interest you in some edits of it?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 03:47 AM PST

    Me on my way to all the local gyms after the Kanto Event...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:21 AM PST

    Shiny Mewtwo at the beach! Would you catch Mewtwo at the beach?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 05:18 AM PST

    Nice squad

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 04:32 AM PST

    Can someone tell me which of my buddies is shiny?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:56 PM PST

    me seeing everyone get shinies and I got 10 2 stars

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I only have one suggestion to improve the game: when you do the best kind of throw on a Chansey or Blissey, the text should read 'Eggshell-ent throw'. That is all I have to contribute to this community.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:53 AM PST

    My buddy helping out in the apple fields today!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:32 AM PST

    Look who came across on my frozen pond

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:17 PM PST

    Blue fire ponyta and my little trainer!:)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 04:25 PM PST

    You all know this feeling!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:55 PM PST

    The Underrated Benefit of The Mew Quest Is That People Who Stopped Sending Gifts Four Days From Best Have Started Again

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:33 AM PST

    I know this sounds like a joke, but I'm being serious. I have five people who've been a day away from Ultra for a month, and haven't opened the last Gift for it. I have four people within a week of Best who haven't had any interactions with for weeks. And now they're all finally sending me the last few presents for the exp I need to get to 41.

    submitted by /u/ac_faraway
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic should be transparent about how their events will work

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:38 AM PST

    I want to preface this semi-rant by stating that my sister and I had a blast yesterday during the Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration event. We both managed to catch all 151 Pokemon (we were both also working on the regular Mew Special Research Task), evolve all pokemon for the evolve collection medal, completed the Timed Research, the Shiny Ditto Quest, and all available collection medals. We finally got a hold of the missing regionals, caught our fair share of shinies, and a few strong pokemon for raids to boot.

    But here is the thing, we managed to accomplish this because we did our fair bit of research and drove to Santa Monica, a CA city with a TON of pokestops, Gyms, and apparently a huge active playerbase.

    1. If you did not live in a major city, or did not visit a large city, for the duration of the event you would have had a hard time succeeding at the event. Niantic said this would all be possible from home-not so. My sister and I definitely experienced higher spawn rate the closer we got to the heart of the city.
    2. Niantic was misleading about Pokemon availability until a few days before the event. The event was advertised as finally allowing us to catch all Pokemon. Yet, mere days before the event, we find out that only first stage Pokemon will be available! That's not what I understood when I read we would have a chance of capturing all 150 Pokemon.
    3. Niantic was misleading about advertisement for regionals. I,alongside everyone in reddit and other websites, were convinced that regionals would be caught in the wild. A few days before the event we find out that they are locked behind Raids. Imagine if you didn't have a gym nearby, you would lose your chance for these regionals for who knows how many years, effectively locking you out of the Shiny Mew Research.
    4. Niantic's wording screwed over people who wanted to raid regionals. We have 8 days to complete the Raids Collection Challenge. Yet, Regionals were available for only 12 hours. Didn't anyone at Niantic think that could confuse people? It also wasn't clear that Regionals would leave after the event. Many, I included, thought they would be available for a week.
    5. another important point: FULLY ADVERTISE YOUR RESEARCH TASK. The evolve challenge requires you to evolve all Pokemon, including those exclusive to the opposite version. I found out the way to get candies for the Pokemon from the opposite version was to spin Pokestops until I get the appropriate research task that awards the missing candy, like capture Oddish for 50 Bellsprout Candy. I figured this out from reading Reddit and other reports from people, NOT from Niantic news. I am sure more than a few people were screwed over because they never figured it out on time.
    6. Oh, let's not forget Niantic straight out lied to the playerbase. They said trading with others will not be necessary to finish the Special Research Task. One of the tasks for shiny Ditto: trade with a friend. LOL.
    7. EDIT TO ADD: A user below correctly pointed out the event formal name was Pokemon Go Kanto Tour, NOT Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration, which is the follow-up event. Adding it as a new point in my rant: NIantic, why give similar names to your events??? Didn't think that can contribute to the ensuing confusion??
    submitted by /u/hoenndex
    [link] [comments]

    We can restart the same raid without using another raid/remote pass incase we lost that raid earlier

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 02:48 AM PST

    I just came to know that incase anyone uses raid pass or remote raid pass and fails to defeat the raid boss, you can restart the raid without using another raid pass or a remote pass if anyone invites you to same raid again.

    I hosted a raid and as usual got flooded with friend requests and no one joined when I invited people. I've atleast invited 15 different people. Finally, only 4 joined and we lost the raid . I tried to re-invite the same people and few others. 3 other people joined but the old ones weren't rejoining because they might be scared to lose another pass. So, just posting this info here so that people can try their luck once again.

    submitted by /u/Chinnani
    [link] [comments]

    Usually, there's grunts everywhere. Can't avoid 'em. However...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 05:40 AM PST

    Just when you need them, to finish a task, there's not a grunt in sight. It's almost 3PM here and normally by this time I've seen a few of them at the stops near my house. They've been suspiciously absent today. Typical. Always the same bullshit.

    submitted by /u/sinadoh
    [link] [comments]

    Glad I Punched Giovanni In The Grundle Before This Event

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:26 PM PST

    Look ma I did it

    This Mewtwo was the best Christmas gift this game could ever give me, and I'm so glad this event has been raining candies for it. Can't wait to max it out!

    submitted by /u/DirtyFulke
    [link] [comments]

    Taking this cutie's photo was very hard inside lol My one shiny from the Kanto event!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:10 PM PST

    My experience with the 5* raids in the Kanto event be like...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 12:56 PM PST

    Pikachu Spotlight hour (LeekDuck)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:35 PM PST

    I hope this new formula is easier to get off walls

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:03 PM PST

    Pro tip for solo players in remote areas to complete the trade challenge (only works if you are 18+)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:12 PM PST

    I play alone and live in a small city with very few players, So discord/raid groups are not a thing here.

    Therefore, to search for players inside the 40km radius, I used the only tool I knew that could help me find people nearby: Tinder. I simply included a screenshot of the challenge as one of my pictures and stated which ones I needed in the bio.

    Challenge completed in less than a day.

    submitted by /u/Ih8P2W
    [link] [comments]

    You could say my shiny Eevee isn't too thrilled about the photo bombing.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:16 AM PST

    What has this been like in the past? First event outside of community days and don’t know what to expect.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:44 PM PST

    Saturday was Therapeutic

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:25 PM PST

    I'm in Texas, as alot of the country knows we got hit with some cold weather and our infrastructure wasn't prepared. Dealt with Freezing weather, no power for days at a time, no hot water due to the boiler freezing, low water pressure and no water at some point due to busted pipe topped off with a boil water notice.

    It was a pretty bad week, but Saturday was one of the first days with really good weather. And I got to spend the day playing Pokemon go, finnally completing the Kanto Dex, Getting a bunch of Mewtwos, getting a bunch of my favorite Pokemon, ALOT of poke candy and a dozen or so shinies.

    And honestly that was pretty Therapeutic in a way.

    submitted by /u/NotRedditSupport
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment