• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 13, 2021

    Pokémon GO - I achieved the maximum possible XP from a single catch!

    Pokémon GO - I achieved the maximum possible XP from a single catch!


    I achieved the maximum possible XP from a single catch!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    This poster asked if anyone could beat their record for the most XP from a single catch. I decided to crunch the numbers and this is what I came up with. Using a Lucky Egg with the current 3× catch XP bonus in effect, the maximum possible XP one can earn from a single catch should be as follows:

    • 600: Pokémon Caught
    • 6000: New Pokémon
    • 9000: First Catch of the Day
    • 36000: 7 Day Streak Bonus
    • 6000: Excellent Throw
    • 120: Curveball
    • 300: First Throw
    • 1800: Expert Handler
    • Total: 59820

    As I was one day away from my 7 day streak, I decided to take on the challenge. I managed to track down a Sigilyph... and missed the first ball. Cool. After over an hour of hunting I finally located another Sigilyph and successfully caught it, and... as you can see I was 4000 XP short. Turns out that because XP is earned for new Pokédex entries regardless of how the Pokémon was obtained, this XP isn't treated as catch XP and is therefore not affected by the 3× catch XP bonus. So yeah, there it is. 55820 is the maximum amount of XP you can gain from catching a single Pokémon.

    submitted by /u/Ember---
    [link] [comments]

    Met local Pokémon Go player at gym by my house

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    So I was at the gym by my house doing a Pancham raid. While I was inviting friends to do it I heard footsteps so I looked over and saw this lady walking around and she said "Oh don't mind me I'm not a creep I'm just playing Pokémon Go" and it was really cool and I just replied with "me too" and she asked if I wanted to do the raid with her and so we did and after it we exchanged friend codes and she asked me if I wanted to trade. I accepted and she traded me a Pachirisu from the go fest in 2019 because I wasn't able to go there since I was 14 at the time. And once the trade was done we parted ways. This has been the first time that this has happened to me and I think it was really sweet. I'd like to do this again. :)

    submitted by /u/Forfeit_Bus
    [link] [comments]

    F Qwilfish, all my bros hate Qwilfish.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    I just got my 5th damn Qwilfish in a 12km, i don't get why he's there. I already had hem beforehand. I keep waisting my purple incubators on stupid Qwilfishes.

    submitted by /u/DrPingu69
    [link] [comments]

    Pancham blessed by the Gods ��

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    I caught a perfect Pancham! I went for a walk and decided to check out a local gym by my house and saw that Pancham was available via raid. Being the panda lover I am, I am so happy that it was a Pancham blessed by the Gods!

    Edit: Cropped the location from the screenshot since I live in a small town.

    https://imgur.com/a/LfnSS9Y

    submitted by /u/KBmichael
    [link] [comments]

    "Huh? Wait... that's no balloon..."

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/LfMnHLt.jpg

    The Team Rocket grunts thought they could blend in between the other balloons... but they didn't see that something else was blended in as well... something that could use Tackle.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    I would enjoy if a 'random battle league existed'

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    Imagine you're assigned 3 random pokemon of the same combat power but could be any type with any move.

    It'd be nice to mix things up, i understand why everyone (including myself) have similar teams but it's not very exciting and I'd just like to feel a bit more creative whilst battling.

    You may now tell me this is already a thing and I am a derp.

    submitted by /u/StruggleSpirited6770
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks Niantic for fixing the revive and healing mechanisms.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    I see that you can now revive and heal pokemon a lot quicker. You no longer have to wait until one is done before doing the next. The mechanism responds to my touch better also. Thanks Niantic.

    Next thing to work on that's been broken since day 1 is being able to click on all of the pokemon in a gym to feed berries. My pokemon usually ends up in a position that I can't click on or move to. Sometimes I accidentally feed another pokemon. So frustrating.

    submitted by /u/UniqueUsername_042
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Gible CD haters, be prepared for future Riolu CD

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    Swablu & Gible Community Days already hints that Niantic intends to release their respective Mega-evolution through their CD slots. By following these logics, a community day for Riolu is highly likely to be a thing in the near future.

    So by mentioning this, I urge you to quit your whining about "oH mY sHiNy iS dEvAlUeD" for Riolu & every other similar rare babies that are about to have their Mega-forms. Always remember that no one forced you to raid them in the first place, and also questioning myself why would you guys wanted to rush having a shiny in the first place.

    submitted by /u/BeatzBoyBB
    [link] [comments]

    First Pokémon, Shiny Snubble

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    I opened up Pokémon Go for the first time today, checked the first Pokémon that popped up, a Snubble, and saw that it was shiny.

    I usually don't have that good of luck, but I do get shinies every once in a while. I didn't get a shiny dratini during spotlight hour or throughout the event however.

    Also, it was my 7 day streak and all the xp from catching it helped me level up to level 30.

    Overall, cool morning 😎

    Edit: That's why we shiny check :)

    submitted by /u/semper_fortis_stella
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye my luck for 2021

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    I think I spent my years worth of luck in this past week. After catching 0 shinies in 1800 Pokémon, within 4 days I catch shiny shadow carvanah, shiny croagunk, and shiny dratini. Then, I got 5 shiny marills from the research. And finally today I got a 100iv dratini. And I should mention neither of the dratinis were from the spotlight hour :)

    submitted by /u/Its_Kimby
    [link] [comments]

    Every Time...

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/8Rc6ICM

    Hope posting a meme in this format is ok on this forum. Thought I share my feeling every time this happens :P

    submitted by /u/Mr_Robot_1337
    [link] [comments]

    The Red Sun

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Just another day playing pokemon go and all of a sudden this guy shows up. Shiny solrock

    submitted by /u/KXS_PLAYS
    [link] [comments]

    XL drop rates

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    Is it just me or is the drop rate different for mons that can only be hatched compared to those caught in the wild?

    The reason I ask is I maxed out a 4 star shadow hypno for ultra and a XL galvantula by walking the drop was was about 70% for XLs. But now that I'm doing my bisharp they aren't dropping at near the same rate. 700 k walked and only 55 xls. So at 700 k that is like 140 attempts at getting an XL when it's 5k per candy. And I've only gotten 55. I'm gonna try something else only hatchable to compare. I was just wondering everyone else's results.

    submitted by /u/UrbZ001
    [link] [comments]

    Let's go meltan

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Almost a year passed (Waiting for kabuto or an omanyte to appear for the lets go meltan special research) but never mind meltan box helped me out 🤠

    submitted by /u/yellow-flash26
    [link] [comments]

    The shortage of pokeballs is starting to become extremely noticeable

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    When a player like me who for starters live on a pokestop, got a city nearby with at least another 30 that I spin hundreds of times a day, and then on top of that open gifts to the limit, still cannot maintain a steady supply, something seems very off.

    I've had days in the past where I've had to delete 500+ pokeballs per day because they were taking too much bag space, now I don't even know if I'll be able to prepare for the swablu CD due to simply never getting pokeballs, and if I do get them they are spent instantly from capturing.

    Yesterday must have been the worst streak I've seen in a while and is actually the main cause of me making this post, I spun my home pokestop 9 times before getting any balls, prior to that it was all berries and potions, that is 45 minutes of spinning a stop and all I got was a regular pokeball and a great ball, that lasted me approx. 20 seconds because I captured the stuff around me, and then I was back to being empty.

    This cannot be by intentional design, and if it is I want Niantic to pull their head out of whatever crevice they got it stuck in and change it, cause this is not a fun experience to play, if I am having this much of a miserable time trying to accumulate balls I can't even imagine how bad it is for rural players.

    I don't want to have to ignore every pokemon I walk by just to get a good amount saved up, the literal motto of the franchise is gotta catch em all, so I will do exactly that, and I expect to get enough balls from actively playing to achieve that goal.

    The cynical me is starting to think this is a way for Niantic to get more money from people buying coins and then balls, but at the same time this has never been an issue for me in the past, so I can't imagine that being the case.

    submitted by /u/Hexlicious
    [link] [comments]

    Jigglypuff holding a microphone

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    Just had a thought, niantic should add 1 star jigglypuff raids but their holding a microphone like in the series.

    submitted by /u/KoenParks
    [link] [comments]

    r/pokemongo Post Starter Pack

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    1. Ironic title
    2. 2 paragraphs about how they caught one Pokemon
    3. Pokemon not even shiny and doesn't have great stats
    4. 3k upvotes and 32 awards
    submitted by /u/Half_A_Heart_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone update the header to this subreddit?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    It's May, not February; It would be really helpful to a lot of people if the banner to this subreddit got updated to reflect the current month's events!

    submitted by /u/PotterSauce
    [link] [comments]

    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing 3× xp

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    I was stoked to see how much xp I was getting so I notified my Pokémon go group chat and my sister isn't getting triple xp. Was wondering why I'm getting it lol

    submitted by /u/jayitshey
    [link] [comments]

    Evolve or transfer?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    So i battled a grunt and i got a shadow dratini, and i thought "oh cool, if the stats are good i can evolve it to a shadow dragonite" so i looked at it's IV and it's one of the worst things i've see. Should i transfer it, purify it, or just evolve it?

    submitted by /u/MathematicianOk2361
    [link] [comments]

    If I use a meltan mystry box and an insence at the same time does that increase the amount of meltans that will spawn?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Title pretty much im wondering so that i can see if there is a way to more efficantly farm for meltan instead of waiting 3 days at a time. if this works than i still have to wait 3 days but i can optimize my meltan collecting

    submitted by /u/SuchhAaWasteeOfTimee
    [link] [comments]

    Leader Sierra not anymore?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    I'm doing the Luminalia X legends. I've been looking for Sierra for 4 days now. There's just Arlo and Cliff. Happens to anyone else? Like, I've been online every day and never see Sierra

    submitted by /u/DarkLord9988
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment