• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Pokémon GO - All bow before my mighty Whale Fleet!

    Pokémon GO - All bow before my mighty Whale Fleet!


    All bow before my mighty Whale Fleet!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Follow up to this post.

    It's been a while since I posted, and my Whale Fleet has gotten very powerful. I have a dozen Wailords and 509 Wailmers. My Wailords and 3 of my Wailmers (so far) are all fully powered up and have secondary attacks. One Wailmer (the first I ever caught) and one Wailord each have Best Buddy ribbons.

    I got traded a Shiny in March 2019, and caught a Hundo during the Water Festival in August of that same year. I have yet to actually catch a shiny, though, and I still want to. I would like at least one to keep as a Wailmer. I would also love to get a Shundo, a Nundo, and I hope they add Shadow, Purified, and Costumed Wailmers to the game at some point.

    Unfortunately, progress on expanding my armada has slowed a lot in 2021, as the Seasons update completely wiped out wild spawns. I forced one to spawn in February with a Glacial Lure Module, but that hasn't worked since, nor has the new Rainy Lure Module. I also got a couple from timed Research Rewards in Weather Week and Snap Event, but that's no replacement for wild spawns.

    At the beginning of May, I started grinding eggs to get more, as hatching from 2K eggs is the only way now. I've gotten 9 so far, out of around 150-200 eggs. Very inefficient, but it's better than nothing, and at least they appraise well.

    Let's hope that wild Wailmers return when the next Season starts on June 1st. But at least I was able to build up an unbeatable force already. My Wailords have defeated full gyms, Team Rocket Leaders, Raid Bosses, and fellow trainers.

    [All bow before the mighty Whale Fleet!](Whale Armada May 2021 https://imgur.com/a/JLq8LHe)

    submitted by /u/BlueWhaleKing
    [link] [comments]

    Watching him try for the 898.826th time.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/wZXoR6s.jpg

    Here we can observe two beings of unimaginable power that in turn observe a being of unimaginable determination.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone feel like Swirlix is just Vanillite 2.0??

    Posted: 13 May 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    So, we all remember the ice cream cone Pokemon appearing last winter and all of us needing to use razz berries with ultra balls to catch any of them because of the egregious catch difficulty. It seemed ridiculous even more because the Pokemon had two evolutions past it's beginner form, so some of us wanted that sweet 125 candies for it's final form, but gave up because you would need a golden razz and three ultra balls for a chance to catch a single one.

    I am seeing some similarities between Swirlix, the newly introduced fairy Pokemon, and our old friend Vanillite. Swirlix's CP cap is higher than Vanillite's but when attempting to catch a generally higher CP Swirlix, say CP > 600 (the max is 959 for my level 37 acct), the catch difficulty starts being as egregious as Vanillite. Getting Swirlix's evolution isn't such a feat as getting a Vanillite to evolve, but I see these newer pokemon with interesting evolutions and think back to the release of generations with nostalgic starter Pokemon I just couldn't get enough of. We all wanted those generations when they released, they were plentiful in the different kinds of Pokemon you could catch and you wanted those final evolves of all the starters, because of, well...nostalgia. So we're all playing with these newer pokemon and they have been some of the hardest wild catch difficulties I have ever seen.

    Ending rant because I know it's not that important or game breaking, but as a continuing player that just shrugs the newer generations off, I feel like Niantic should at least make these weird abomination newer gen Pokemon easier to catch for how much of a menial part they'll play in your top Pokemon storage when and if you get them to their most power state...

    Thanks for the read.

    submitted by /u/theSouthernITGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Clefairy kerfluffle: a rant (light hearted)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Ok, so Clefairy is my favorite Pokémon of all time. So cute, chonky and with an adorable little snaggle tooth that hooked me by my heart strings.

    Enter my husband.

    He just picked up Go again after a nearly year long break. Sitting on the couch day two of luminous legends he decides to open the game. Fairy types abound. He catches a Clefairy and does the appraisal and lo and behold: a perfect 4*

    Am I honest with my self to admit I'm jealous? Yes. Am I harboring resentment? A little.

    Then yesterday, we are in the car getting ready to leave the store parking lot when I thought, hey-let me check Go really quick. I see a Clefairy and I just had a feeling.

    Catch. Appraise. 1*

    Then I hear my husband just start laughing.

    This jerk caught a shiny Clefairy!!!

    submitted by /u/Cleparable
    [link] [comments]

    Catch an Omanyte or Kabuto

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:31 AM PDT

    Does anybody know the easiest way to catch an omanyte or kabuto? I need just one to finish my meltan special research. They added lileep and anorith as shadow pokémon which made it easier but i've been stuck on this mission for months. thanks in advance for any tips.

    submitted by /u/AstrxlBeast
    [link] [comments]

    CP changed after catching Pokémon

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    I had an Aron on screen with CP of 1075. I caught it. It's CP immediately came up as 974.

    I haven't yet seen anyone else comment about this bug or ever seen it happen before myself.

    Can anyone confirm?

    submitted by /u/Ben_boh
    [link] [comments]

    Another Shiny Ralts But

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    I found another shiny ralts but I wish it was a male one so that I could have both their final form in shiny. Both of my shiny ralts are female.

    submitted by /u/KXS_PLAYS
    [link] [comments]

    Arlo needs to macaroni and f*** off

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    The only pokemon missing from my Kanto Dex is Moltres. As soon as I heard Giovanni had em I got so fuckin hyped man. I even stockpiled a couple rocket radars in preparation for this. But here I've been sitting for the past three days having already defeated Cliff and Arlo, and no sign of Sierra at all. And I swear Arlo must've locked that bitch in a shed somewhere cause all I see is Arlo. In the balloon? Arlo. Standing by a Pokestop? Fuckwit Arlo. About 8-10 times that twink has cock blocked me from seeing Sierra. I just want to smack the fuck outta Giovanni and save the bird already. I've been playing pokemon since I was 4 and I've never had a complete Kanto Dex (21 now) and I REFUSE to let some ratchet little red bastard get in my way when I'm this close.

    Niantic, take this as a legitimate threat, not as some scrawny unemployed manchilds ramblings on the internet

    EDIT: THE WICKED BITCH IS DEAD. LUBE UP GIOVANNI YOURE NEXT

    submitted by /u/tantanthepeepeeman
    [link] [comments]

    Is it really too much to ask for Friendship Hour?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    Title says it all. Passive aggressively fighting with friends I don't know IRL over who gets to redeem the friendship boost + egg bonus is a negative experience. Niantic already gives us Raid Hour and Spotlight Hour. We love Hours. Give us a Friendship Hour focused on leveling up friends and an established time to use our eggs.

    I would have to imagine this would be a win for all parties involved. Friends both get a time to expect the boost, eggs are now being used on schedule instead of sporadically, and Niantic gets to cash in on the egg hype.

    I think it's great that the game doesn't have any messaging. But since there is no messaging between friends, or real direct interaction, we shouldn't have negative experiences when it can be avoided. Lowkey sabotaging when I send a gift for a few days, just to force them to send one first so I can reap the extra bonus when I redeem with egg, just isn't fair to anyone and we can fix this.

    submitted by /u/dastick369
    [link] [comments]

    VR scan a pokestop dilemma

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    The church across from my street is a pokéstop and I constantly get the quest to VR scan it.

    The problem is the sign that they want me to scan appears to have been taken down and turned into a little bush garden with a bench.

    Any ideas? I hit this pokestop like 10 times a day from my living room...

    submitted by /u/Allowaay
    [link] [comments]

    One or the other

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    So I just downloaded pokemongo from the Samsung Galaxy store but already have a Google play store version. Is there any difference between the two versions? Like maybe more stability less "clunky" more optimization? Does anyone have experience with both? Does it matter?

    submitted by /u/hatelemonade
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else seem to be running very low on pokeballs lately?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    I open 30 gifts per day spin every pokestop I go by( only around 25 per day but still) and don't catch everything I see but recently I've noticed gifts and pokestops both dropping far fewer balls which is Antoine as I cannot fully capitalize on the 3x catch xp. I feel like they should either up the chances of getting balls or maybe add them in rewards for gbl. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Definitely_notmyalt_
    [link] [comments]

    The adoptive mom and all her children

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/66NWWQ6.png

    This is a gym close to my place, usually there's moderate traffic over the teams rotation and people put in the usual : Slaking, Dragonite, Rhyperior, etc.

    Today it was a little different, and I found it to be really cute!

    Love all her children and all their colors!

    submitted by /u/ThatGuyShay
    [link] [comments]

    I caught my first legendary!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    granted, there were 3 level 40+ trainers that pretty much carried me throughout the raid, but it still counts! for some reason, i cant post an image on this sub, so if youre wondering which one it is, its xerneas.

    submitted by /u/ricencurry115
    [link] [comments]

    Bag not upgraded

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    So I got a bit of an issue on my hand, I bought another Bag upgrade today and the game gladly took my coins but my bag is still not upgraded, the Support BOT ain't helpful at all and I can't seem to find an actual E-Mail where I can ask for support. Can someone push me in the right direction please, either and Email or a, highly unlikely, support Discord. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Rorschachx91
    [link] [comments]

    A Few Questions From a Returning Player

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    I just have a few questions that I'm not entirely sure about, and I'm sure some people who are more knowledgeable then me will be able to help.

    1. Are Shadow Pokémon's IV generally lower then normal ones?
    2. Should I be purifying my Shadow Pokémon?
    3. Are Shadow Pokémon with garbage IV's worth keeping because of the damage bonus?
    4. I have probably caught around 50-100 shadow pokemon and have yet to see one with even a 1 Star IV rating outside of my Moltres who still is not very good, is this normal?
    submitted by /u/Vexymythoclasty
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice for Salamence

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    Heya, I'm pretty new to this game and I need some advice on what to do with my Salamence. I managed to get lucky and bag myself a perfect IV bagon from a raid. However, I recently evolved it up to a Salamence and ended up with the abilities fire fang and outrage which I read weren't ideal.

    As a largely PvE player, should I keep investing in this pokemon or is it better to start over with a 3* bagon? Are these moves fine or should I be looking to change them? If so, what would be the recommended way of doing that?

    Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/dogdogd
    [link] [comments]

    I caught a hundo swirlix

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    I recently started hundo hunting for a goomy and got a hundo swirlix. I still don't have that much understanding on IVs for PvP, but I'm wondering if there is any use for a hundo swirlix. Is it rare since it's fairly new?

    submitted by /u/jeremyrcz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting another Shadow Moltres?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    I have one extra super rocket radar that I'm saving and the Moltres I already caught was 0 stars 6/7/9. Should I get another one and hope for better IV's or wait for another legendary?

    submitted by /u/ewoodnc
    [link] [comments]

    Let me hear your screw ups

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Thought Alolan Ratatta spotlight hour was today. Jumped on at 6:45, popped a lucky egg and evolved 2 Dratinis, 1 Bagon, 1 Charmander, 1 Electivire, and a Swinub that I had been saving for the double xp.... fml 🤦🏻‍♂️

    submitted by /u/ReadyJaguar4307
    [link] [comments]

    Why I'll never have a platinum champion badge

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/Wy6swms

    Look at the 46 second mark there. It's so aggravating how buggy this game is especially when you know how much money they're making. I would be much more patient with a low budget starter company app.

    Between this and GBL lag issues, I'm about to just stick to catches and hatches.

    submitted by /u/EpicMemorableName
    [link] [comments]

    pokemon go lag issue. So I have been having lag problems for the last 3 days. my game works, but freezes for a second when i catch pokemons. Any tips??

    Posted: 14 May 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    I need help. My games has started lagging. I restarted the app, installed it.. everything.. but it still lags.

    submitted by /u/Vinkoslayer1
    [link] [comments]

    Eevee Super fan

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    Just want to start by saying that I am such a super eevee fan. And not cause I know her story or such but she's just so adorable and her eeveelutions are adorable too. Literally the only reason why I love her so much I even have her tattooed on me.

    Anyway I'm super excited for Y Part 2 event. I have been trying to get all eevees in their different forms. With flower crown, lucky, shiny, regular, perfects, high IVs. My goal is to have my raid teams as only eeveelutions if possible. And with them appearing more often in the wild during this event I know I will be able to power up and evolve all my current eevees.

    Just wanted to experience my excitement

    submitted by /u/eddwrdd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment