• Breaking News

    Monday, May 17, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - May 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - May 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - May 2021

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hatching eggs has turned into a boring / meaningless aspect of the game

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    It used to be exciting getting those kms in order for your egg to hatch. Now i can't remember the last time i hatched something that got me exciting. Even the 12km eggs are boring.

    submitted by /u/LusciousTarantula
    [link] [comments]

    After 3 years, I hit 1000 shinies. Meet fred

    Posted: 16 May 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/IOC4Mqm It's been a really fun 3 years of my account being live, tons of memories, and more to be made. swablu CDay let me hit 1000 shiny pokemon. It's been quite the grind. Happy hunting.

    submitted by /u/Golden_Gallantry
    [link] [comments]

    To whom it may concern...

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    This benefits nobody to read. However... I finally got my shundo charizard to max level with 3 attacks and am beyond psyched. Edit: Also worth nothing he's XS sizewise.

    caught shundo charmander during last December community day

    shundo charizard

    attacks and information

    submitted by /u/Wheelman893
    [link] [comments]

    Gameplay Idea: Pokémon from mega raids shouldn’t need to pay the first time mega energy cost

    Posted: 16 May 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Pretty much what the title says. It would make me care at least a little bit more about the Pokémon from the mega raid. I think this is especially useful for something like Altaria, since I'm more likely to use one I catch from a raid to save the 160 energy since I don't have a ton of altaria lying around. It would make sense too since these Pokémon have clearly already mega evolved since they were mega'd in the raid they were just in. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/sbtrey23
    [link] [comments]

    No luck with Goomy

    Posted: 16 May 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    At this point, I'm convinced that a 3 star Goomy just doesn't exist. I've caught over a hundred of them and barely gotten one to be one star! Has anyone actually gotten a 3 star one yet?

    submitted by /u/nla0216
    [link] [comments]

    Just caught a perfect IV Xerneas

    Posted: 16 May 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    I'm so happy! I couldn't believe my luck when I caught a perfect IV Xerneas today. I only have 5 Pokemon with perfect IV. This was my 8th Xerneas.

    There's a rule that disallows screenshots but hopefully a link to an image is okay (for proof): https://imgur.com/XzHFOBo

    submitted by /u/svncactus117
    [link] [comments]

    I've caught more dragons in the last 2 weeks than the 93 weeks before that

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:25 AM PDT

    I started July 2019, and I'm currently halfway through level 43. I've caught 59,884 Pokemon and have every badge at Platinum... except Dragon, which before this event started was only just over gold at 500-something. Now, though, it's at 1,095 and I've literally got more Dratini candy (2,735) than Rattata candy (2,361). Still searching for that hundo to spend it on, though!

    Made at least 2 million XP since the 3x catch bonus, too.

    How'd dragon fortnight go for y'all?

    submitted by /u/ogsonofsanta
    [link] [comments]

    One year of PoGo for me

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Last year on may 17 I installed the app for the first time. Some friends of mine played it while we were geocaching. They didn't know what they were doing but they had fun so I joined them. First I didn't play much, had to go out for spinning stops and was always out of balls. A month or two later, 2 stops appeared at my house (next to a playground) so now I never ran out of balls and had a lot of spawns. We live very rural but have the luck with the 2 gyms here (5 min walk), red by day and blue by night, an unspoken agreement and it still stands, so the daily coins are always in. So today, one year later, I still love to play, reached lvl 44 this morning, thanks to the 3x catch xp, with 68000 catches total. So a big thx to my friends for getting me started, a big thx to who made the playground into pokestops and a big thx to the community for the friendship and global challenges. But honestly, I think if I hadn't those 2 stops, I stopped playing long ago. We don't fight with the same weapons in this game.

    submitted by /u/Abby_Gibbs
    [link] [comments]

    Can't say it too many times, everyone.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/cVSdTmd.jpg

    Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't wait for tomorrow to hire a new lifeguard/bouncer for the pool.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/ljMGKAN

    Soooo many Rocket battles!! I now twitch like sableye when I see one.

    submitted by /u/MastahDagoon
    [link] [comments]

    New player here, with some questions

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I have started playing the game last week, to help my wife play remote raids.

    She has played for some years now, and I just started. Although she has played for a long time she is not the kind who goes on the net and on reddit to research the ways to do things in the game, she just plays (I researched and showed her what the 1, 2, 3* mean in the search, and how they make a pokemon better).

    I still have some questions I havent found a definitive answer on. So, if you could help me:

    1-What is the best way to evolve a pokemon? Power it up as much as possible and then evolve or evolve and then power up?

    2-The attack/defense/health stats (the ones that define a 3*), can they be upgraded in any way?

    3-Is it better to keep a low CP 3* pokemon or a 1 or 0* high CP? Can a low CP 3* pokemon reach the high CP or there is a ceiling based on the original CP?

    4-I am at level 23 and my best pokemon are at 1400 - 1500 CP. Is it ok or should my pokemon have a higher CP?

    5-Is there a CP ceiling based on the trainer level or can you reach a high CP with low trainer level?

    Thanks everyone for any help!

    submitted by /u/robolettox
    [link] [comments]

    First catch of the day ��

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Woke up and this was the first pokemon I saw https://i.imgur.com/gVqhZKP.jpg

    It's been 1 month since I joined PokemonGo and I have been lucky about finding shiny pokemons 🤩

    submitted by /u/neerajamk
    [link] [comments]

    To the people who put 5 of their alts in a gym after taking it over.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Fuck off. Seriously. Especially if you spam GRB it with all of the accounts and make it impossible to takeover. You're worse than non-stop Ratata spawns.

    submitted by /u/TheDJ88
    [link] [comments]

    My Luminous Legends X experience + other events (Long post)

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    As Luminous Legends X is about to end, I wanted to share my wins, loss, and overall experience with this event, including things like spotlight hours, community day, etc.

    Luminous Legends X The event itself was, no surprise, excellent, especially for someone new like me: Plenty of Fairy type and Dragon Type Pokemon to catch, and Goomy debuting!... Although I only caught 2 of them, that rainy Lure will stay in my bag for a long time.

    I really liked allowine Dratini and Bagon to get their legacy moves in this event and i hope they do more things like this in the future. I still really suck at consistently making excellent throws, but this event proved to be excellent practice since some Pokemon are hard to catch like the new Swirlix and Spritze (Which I already got some with good IVs).

    And the the big boi: Xerneas, the newest legendary included. I was really trying to get a strong enough team to try joined raids with PokeGenie (because no one make raids where I live, no joke), and today I tried with the only 2 remote passes i had, and (very lucky me) I caught mine at last (10/15/15, not hundo, but still great), my first ever Raid Legendary Pokemon, couldn't be happier myself. I may try again tomorrow with 3 passes to get another one, for now, I'm happy o actually have one. So, again, a fantastic event, I was very pleased with how it turned out…Oh, almost forgot, got a 14/15/14 Shadow Moltres from this event's Super Radar, so another great Legendary Pokemon to add to the list

    Marill Limited searchVery simple tasks to get a ton of Marills, perfect Excellent throw practice and decent xp/dust gain. I am bittersweet with my results, but leaning on the sweet. Why bitter? I got no 100% IV Marill :C Why sweet? My best Marill was still like a 96%, but also got 6 shiny Marills so give or take.

    Cottonee Spotlight I unfortunately had to skip this event because of strong rains, fortunately they also show up normally and have over 150 candies (no XL, still below 40) so it's fine

    Dratini Spotlight hour This one I actually stayed for almost the entire hour, and this might my most successful spotlight hour to date, not only caught Many Dratinis with good IVs for great and Ultra League and not only caught a 14/15/14 one, I got over 600 candies when the spotlight hour ended (now 700 candies BTW), so yeah, very happy with myself...Also landing those 7k xp excellent throws was beautiful!

    Swablu Community Day I had to work during the spotlight hour, and although I was low on Pokeballs (there's no way I'm getting 600+ Ultra Balls like many youtubers recommended), I still popped an incense and caught Swablus whenever I could. I've got no 100 IV Swablu, only 2 shinies, but on the bright side, one of the shinies was a 9/15/15, very good for Ultra League, and had enough candies to level him up, so at least I got a pretty decent Altaria that can turn into a great PVP Pokemon once I get XL candies. I'll try catching a Mega Altaria in the future.

    Overall, my best experience with Pokemon Go so far: Got very strong Pokemon for both PVE and PVP, caught my first Raid Legendary, a 14/15/14 Shadow Moltres and. Can't wait for Luminous Legends Y.

    submitted by /u/NeonArchon
    [link] [comments]

    Randomly recieved "Investigate a Mysterious Energy"

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Is this a random research? It just randomly popped into my challenge tab. I was under the impression you could only get it from 2020 fest.

    submitted by /u/DustinPatt
    [link] [comments]

    Screen stuck on ‘do not enter dangerous areas’ screen

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    Anyone else having trouble opening the game? I've closed the app and reopened and that didn't work. Deleted the app and reinstalled and that didn't work either. Looking for any other suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Kenteran
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to gey more shinies?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    All the shiny pokemon i have i got from team rocket (Grimer, Koffing and Rattata), and was wondering if there was a way to find more pokemon?

    submitted by /u/TsunamiDragonL1
    [link] [comments]

    Question about medals.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Other than getting that platinum circle, what is the point? Yes, it's an accomplishment but there's nothing here to advance you further in the game?

    This morning, I reached the "catch 2,500 water-type pokémon" medal and nothing happened. 😞

    Looking forward to some feedback, perhaps it's something I'm not seeing.

    submitted by /u/m9rockstar
    [link] [comments]

    Where to spend rare candies?,

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/MfSswqs

    Which one of these legendaries is most worth spending my rare candies, and side note are perfect charizards good for anything?

    submitted by /u/TheOddboy
    [link] [comments]

    New player here. Should I evolve this dratini?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Okay so I have a lot of dratinis and I'm trying to decide which I should evolve. I think I've found one worth going with but I thought I'd confirm with people more knowledgeable than myself.

    The dratini in question has 401 CP, and the level arc thingy is about ⅔ complete (I have no idea how to get exact numbers for that, sorry). It has 2 star IVs with perfect HP AND Defence, it's attack is 6 I think (again not completely sure). It's moves are Dragon Breath and Twister.

    I'm level 20. Should I evolve to Dragonite? I think it's the best dratini or dragonair I have.

    submitted by /u/fluffyplayery
    [link] [comments]

    Into the Dark

    Posted: 17 May 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/BNEnNjm
    After years of playing Pokemon Go now I can say that I've joined the Dark Side.

    submitted by /u/wordplay2000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment